Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
its almost half eleven lazy bones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
p much lunchtime

Just checked our intranet thing and I've got 6 days leave left and I've already booked off Christmas.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

XMNN posted:

its almost half eleven lazy bones

well i guess its time to eat third breakfast and smoke a human being or whatever the queen's subjects do

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

XMNN posted:

who recommended freak encounters its p good to watch if youre high

its just so silly

the best bits are the paranormal experts discussing it like its a real giant flying bat or something

it was me, the jersey devil ep is particularly hilarious with how lovely the costume they use is

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bozza posted:

p much lunchtime

Just checked our intranet thing and I've got 6 days leave left and I've already booked off Christmas.

i've got 12/13 and gently caress knows what il'l use them all for

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Jose posted:

i've got 12/13 and gently caress knows what il'l use them all for

not going to work. Just take Friday's off for 3 months...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

thats mostly what i have been doing all year but maybe i'll end up needing a bunch all at once?

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Yeah if I had that many days left I'd just take all the rest of the Mondays in the year off.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

ive got fifteen until end of march

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

mine are until the new year. they'll probably all be used for long weekends in the end

think i might go to the chippy for lunch

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
i might be going to the usa next month

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

corn in the fridge posted:

condolences

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

don't get shot

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

which bit

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Jose posted:

which bit

NJ to surprise visit my mam

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i can understand why you moved to the UK

Fluo
May 25, 2007

NJ to surprise visit my mam

are you going to order some qoffee

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
i had poo poo loads of holiday left to take so i booked some time next month to go to scotland then 2 weeks later going to visit my brother in texas. ive still got 7 days left to take so ill probably be a massive nerd and take a couple off for fallout 4.

also everyone... EVERYONE should watch the documentary on netflix called Virunga. holy gently caress

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Fluo posted:

are you going to order some qoffee

yes also ps4s are a bit cheaper over there....... :smugmrgw:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

NaDy posted:

also everyone... EVERYONE should watch the documentary on netflix called Virunga. holy gently caress

looks good, gonna watch this

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Weekend plans: dogsitting all weekend for a friend. I'm going to the beach tomorrow (5 dogs and 3 people in one car - meeting up with another dog & person there too), playing dark souls 2 tomorrow night, lazing around Sunday, agility training Monday most of the day, off Tuesday then agility again Tuesday night in prep for next weekend's show :)

All I need is some sort of futile diy project and I'm sorted for the weekend.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

yes also ps4s are a bit cheaper over there....... :smugmrgw:

make sure to buy uk plugs when you get back and dont have your account region locked in US on ps4 as you'll get lag

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

JFairfax posted:

i could have test driven a tesla today but decided to go visit me mam instead

Should've borrowed the Tesla, they're great fun. Completely invisible on the road too until you put your foot down and you disappear into the distance in almost total silence.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

i cant help but think that opening the back of a lorry and finding 70+ highly decomposed bodies is a perfect start to an xfiles episode

Well that is pretty much how season 2 of The Wire does start

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

bye

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ciao Bella

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

freelop posted:

Sausage sandwiches are serious business.

just had a sossie sandwich using sausages from the best butcher in Northumberland, plus freshly picked chanterelles

doesn't get much better

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Fraction posted:

Weekend plans: dogsitting all weekend for a friend. I'm going to the beach tomorrow (5 dogs and 3 people in one car - meeting up with another dog & person there too), playing dark souls 2 tomorrow night, lazing around Sunday, agility training Monday most of the day, off Tuesday then agility again Tuesday night in prep for next weekend's show :)

All I need is some sort of futile diy project and I'm sorted for the weekend.

you can put up my shelf if you want

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Party Boat posted:

just had a sossie sandwich using sausages from the best butcher in Northumberland, plus freshly picked chanterelles

doesn't get much better

i went to palmersville chippy for lunch and now i'm struggling to stay awake at work

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Slash posted:

not going to work. Just take Friday's off for 3 months...

I did this one year. didn't work friday in October, November or December. 3 day weekends rule.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Jose posted:

i went to palmersville chippy for lunch and now i'm struggling to stay awake at work

Much better than Forest Hall Fisheries, but not better than the sausage sarnies we just had.

Coffee?

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

I am going to ride my motorcycle a lot this weekend and be vaguely annoyed that the new Mad Max game comes out after the weekend instead of before it

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Has anybody here had any experience being a property guardian? Just saw a place I wouldn't mind living in but want to know how much hassle it is first

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I have not done it myself but I stated with a friend at the weekend who has been doing it in an old secondary school in London near Paddington. The first I heard of it was a lady I used to work with, she had done it for a while and actually told me about two companies in Bristol and I seriously looked into it.

Basically either you will love it or it will probably be not for you.

The plus point is you can get at lot of room for really cheap, my mate is paying 550 a month in central London for a literal classroom that could hold 30 kids. It's cool, it feels very bohemian and the people are interesting. I mean within 5 minutes of me being there one of the other people was telling me about his sensible cocaine use, a lot of the sorts of people who live there are creative / arty / sketchy types - and if you're up for that then that could be cool.

The downside was the cooking and washing facilities. Communal bathroom, showers that are not the cleanest and the cooking facilities were loving gash basically, microwaves and electric stovetops.

Also when my mate was there first of all there were 70 people living in the building and those aspects were right poo poo shows - now there are 15 and it's not so bad.

The other thing is that you can be kicked out with 1 months notice any time for the most part.

However it is really cool, unusual and you do get excellent value. I would seriously consider it for the right location.

JFairfax fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 28, 2015

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

im back, soleros are loving great

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i know some friends who did it and they had some cool parties

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Has anybody here had any experience being a property guardian? Just saw a place I wouldn't mind living in but want to know how much hassle it is first

A friend of mine was in a grade 2 listed building, and ooooooooooooold old church/monastery place which was supposedly haunted. The room was enormous, wood paneled and the fireplace had a secret staircase which led to a safe room that monks used to hide in.

Some places can be great, others less so. And you have to deal with other people.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

realpost: considering moving to singapore for work, though there are no wetherspoons there

Tiresias MKII
Jun 8, 2006
I rarely post, can I still get added to the OP?

Name: Tiresias MkII
Faction: Migrant Swarm
Hobbies: Collecting welfare, committing crimes, stealing jobs
Region: West Yorkshire

tia

Also I am surprised (and fearful for my life) by the relatively high concentration of goons in this area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

party boat/kluliss are there any particularly good local butchers? i bring it up since those sausages party boat mentioned earlier