Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I've having a lot of trouble finishing up the trial "Fastest Marking" on AA, Assassinate and Intel recovery in GZ. Any suggestions on how to do these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Ramadu posted:

Metal Gear Solid V

why do I find this so funny

Suddenly I'm reminded of MGS4. I lived at home then in the middle of nowhere, went to tramlaw on launch day and they didn't have it. Myself and two friends then got in my car and drove an hour and a half to the next one and they had it, we dined on delicious KFC and drove back.

I tried to get the Big Boss rank but I always killed something during that loving truck turret sequence with the big ATST things coming after you, because you could only kill them and not the soldiers. After I got my hands on Uncharted (the only shooter ever to control good with gamepad) I couldn't go back to those awful, awful controls again.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

codo27 posted:

Suddenly I'm reminded of MGS4. I lived at home then in the middle of nowhere, went to tramlaw on launch day and they didn't have it. Myself and two friends then got in my car and drove an hour and a half to the next one and they had it, we dined on delicious KFC and drove back.

Doing this for MGS4 is a legitimate reason to commit suicide.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Every new Games thread attracts miserable Games posters who despise fun, games and in fact the entire concept of games. Do your best to ignore them or come to the good MGS thread in Imp Zone, a positive place.

Like the yix but worse, got it.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

iGestalt posted:

I've having a lot of trouble finishing up the trial "Fastest Marking" on AA, Assassinate and Intel recovery in GZ. Any suggestions on how to do these?

I just did all these, I ended up doing this:

Mark everyone you can, and kill whoever you can once you mark them (brings down the chance of running into people and getting confused). Finally when you've inevitably missed one person somewhere, just trigger an alert and MAKE SURE you mark everyone before you kill them. Reinforcements will come, increasing your total mark count, but eventually you'll see everyone!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Korean fanmade MGS4 PS3 SuperSlim http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/do/mobile/ruliweb/default/etc/101/read?articleId=26834851&bbsId=G005&itemId=421

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's better than the PS4

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

superh posted:

I just did all these, I ended up doing this:

Mark everyone you can, and kill whoever you can once you mark them (brings down the chance of running into people and getting confused). Finally when you've inevitably missed one person somewhere, just trigger an alert and MAKE SURE you mark everyone before you kill them. Reinforcements will come, increasing your total mark count, but eventually you'll see everyone!

+1 a mostly stealthy lethal run is the only way to be sure. When you can't find more guys, make a scene to attract more dudes via grenades, exploding barrels, exploding trucks, shooting out cameras, or firing an anti-air gun for about 15 seconds. The get prone on high ground near your scene and mark the incoming investigating patrol before killing them.

Cowbert
Dec 17, 2005

this is so awesome.
If Big Boss is a legend on the battlefield, why is he always sneaking around and avoiding combat?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't think anyone answered when I asked this in the last thread, but is there a confirmed date for the preload on PS4? I'm assuming it's sometime this weekend but I just want to be sure.

V COMES TO SO SOON :flashfap:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cowbert posted:

If Big Boss is a legend on the battlefield, why is he always sneaking around and avoiding combat?

!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Cowbert posted:

Yes, Big Boss is a master of stealth and subt-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCHryCoCeCM

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Does anyone with hands on the game know if you can remove scopes from sniper rifles?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I can't wait to be useless!

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

https://youtu.be/Q2d-3J9SOME

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cowbert posted:

The legend is oops you're already unconscious and he's gone off to explode another robot

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Ah ha ha gently caress, that's some good mass transportation

Mishon Compree

Tamayachi fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 28, 2015

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

I think I have a deathwish, clicking untagged videos but this was great.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

V

Deakul fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 28, 2015

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

:v:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Hah he found the MGS version of the GTA4 swingset

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Cowbert posted:

Because if he wasn't he'd be dead. The fact Big Boss is capable of sneaking into a base full of soldiers and accomplishing his objective anyway is what makes him a legend. You can't stop him, even if there's 50 of you, and he turns your own equipment and terrain against you.

Well, also, he's not always sneaking around. He did fight multiple giant robots and had a bike chase against Volgin's forces. That's kinda legendary by itself.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Metal Gear Solid V: Bitch

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Thread title sucks.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

His CQC video is amazing https://youtu.be/84lqU5nwfig

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Traxis posted:

Thread title sucks.

Agreed.

Should have just been

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > THE PHANTOM PAIN

Would have been better.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
I suggest Games › METAL GEAR SOLID V - Fat Miller played it like a drat fiddle is honor of the greatest player and the most popular with Goons.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

MGSV:TPP - Recorded on the toilet

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Agreed.

Should have just been

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > THE PHANTOM PAIN

Would have been better.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN - Let the horse poop come back to life.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

Woah woah woah that's a little much there buddy.

Maybe just postpone it.

If you can't share the excitement for Metal Gear Solid, then what can you share? You would only be postponing the inevitable. :v:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieWhiskey posted:

While I pre-ordered a CE in March, my honeymoon ended up being booked Sept 2 to Sept 10. So I get a few hours of play Tuesday night/Wednesday morning before getting on a plane for France for a few days in the Alps in the south, then a few days in Paris.

Nerd-deflated for some time, my nerd-hype/emotion rollercoaster accelerated when I found out that there is a Metal Gear Cafe and Metal Gear Store in Paris to hype the launch. I was very excite to visit this romantic restaurant on my honeymoon. Luckily, we are renting an apartment a few minutes walk away from both locations.

Now this morning, I'm learning that they are shutting down operations around Sept 5, but I wont set foot in Paris until Sept 7. :negative:

Honorable Lord Kojima, I know I have wronged you, but must you torture me thus

e/n/tl;dr: I can only play this game for a few hours at launch, and I will also narrowly miss visiting the MGS5 cafe in Paris

Just have your outro music for the wedding be Metal Gear Saga. Did that for mine and hell its even the menu music on the DVD.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
That's pretty goony

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

What options do you have to avoid triggering an alert in GZ when you're at the top of a ladder and someone's climbing up it? I'm guessing you can't leap down and RKO them off it.

e: oh and

gfanikf posted:

Just have your outro music for the wedding be Metal Gear Saga. Did that for mine and hell its even the menu music on the DVD.

lol

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Party Boat posted:

What options do you have to avoid triggering an alert in GZ when you're at the top of a ladder and someone's climbing up it? I'm guessing you can't leap down and RKO them off it.

Hit the stand button and just fall on them.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Also I think if you're high enough on the ladder, stay put and they'll bump into you and fall off and get knocked out.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

acksplode posted:

Also I think if you're high enough on the ladder, stay put and they'll bump into you and fall off and get knocked out.

This only really works if you are below them and they are climbing down. I think they'll be able to see you if they're climbing up.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

drat it....

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey if your going to do something goonish make sure you can love and/or laugh at it years later.

So anyone actually find any instances of people being able to buy it in stores in the US vs early shipping? I remember looking like a nut all over NY/NJ when 4 came out. I went all digital this time (well it wasn't even an option back then), but I kind of enjoyed the hunt itself and wondering how it's going now for people. I totally wouldn't buy and then flip a PS4 copy in Philadelphia to play it two days early...really I wouldn't.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
MCV interviewed a Konami exec. Choice quotes:

MCV posted:

“The PC version is stunning,” Edwards says. “We are so pleased to be able to release it alongside the console games, and that Kojima Productions has worked so hard to make it such a strong version. Like Ground Zeroes, the graphics are stunning in the new 4K mode, while the scale and online elements within the game are a perfect fit for the format. Metal Gear Solid V is such an entertaining game, we always wanted it to play the strengths of its host format, and the PC edition certainly does that. It is a stunning conversion.”

MCV posted:

Some doubts linger over what comes next for Metal Gear. Creator Kojima says this game will close the loop on the 27-year ‘Solid’ franchise, and it’s unclear whether he’ll work on another game. “Metal Gear Solid is a key Konami franchise,” Edwards says. “The company has already committed to future iterations, which we look forward to.”

MCV posted:

Metal Gear Solid V features microtransactions, which will be good news to retailers looking to sell digital currency. But in the past, consumers have been vocal about their dislike for microtransactions appearing in premium games.
“They are a minimal part of the game, and merely a short cut,” Konami marketing exec Jon Edwards says.
“The player recruits R&D people to create weaponry and expand their base. While the entire game can be played without using them, microtransactions are available to speed up the development process. They also come into play with the FOB (Forward Operating Bases) element, when players set up additional Mother Base outposts.
Players can insure their base against attack in the multiplayer mode. Kojima Productions has merely added them as shortcuts, but have always stressed that the game can be completed without any cost to the player.”

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Just for clarification:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
What's 12 AM NZ in God's Own Timezone, EST?

• Locked thread