Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Skoll posted:

What's 12 AM NZ in God's Own Timezone, EST?

8am or there abouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Kiggles posted:

8am or there abouts.

Thank you, my good person.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

He has to keep saying it because I've never heard of a game releasing on steam like that without an actual preload unless he's saying you should use a VPN which is a really bizarre thing for a publisher's representative to say.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think he's largely confused by everything that's going on regarding it and not sure what to say.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
A single save-file confirmed, what you unlock are harder versions of missions.

Still no answer about CQCing captured larger creatures. I want to wrestle bears and crocs.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

MrLonghair posted:

A single save-file confirmed, what you unlock are harder versions of missions.

So the difficulty modifiers are preset for each mission?

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
So when he says pre-purchase does that mean I can preload or I can play at that time?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Antti posted:

He has to keep saying it because I've never heard of a game releasing on steam like that without an actual preload unless he's saying you should use a VPN which is a really bizarre thing for a publisher's representative to say.
because he keeps getting badgered by people asking about VPNs and poo poo to try and get it a bit early, when it was supposed to be "midnight wherever you are"

It's a vicious cycle

and they're probably going to gently caress it up anyway

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
So still no news about psn preload time?

Also, for the goon who is going on a honeymoon to paris: The MGS cafe is only open between now and release date so don't get your hopes up.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

redreader posted:

So still no news about psn preload time?

Also, for the goon who is going on a honeymoon to paris: The MGS cafe is only open between now and release date so don't get your hopes up.

According to some bloke on reddit, the 30th.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPn6b_Bswi4

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Ah, thanks. Yeah I just looked there myself and mine also says 8/30/2015. I forgot about that feature.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
gently caress, I just tranqed puppy DD and I feel immensely guilty

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Give me your game to atone for this.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Be the first to make a DD kill montage video and claim your place in history.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Aurain posted:

I think he's largely confused by everything that's going on regarding it and not sure what to say.

I think he is just bound by working for Konami PR. When people are asking for absolutes, the only answer he can give is 10am PST Sept1. There are stipulations, but it kinda sorta varies. I mean, it is simple. If you have the game on your Steam list come 12am Sept 1 NZ timezone, you can start download and playing, no VPN necessary, but it may get hairy, and as a Konami rep he can't give anyone a 100% on that since the game only officially unlocks until after GabeN's Tuesday morning breakfast.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Det_no posted:

:eyepop:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Which is why it's weird that they still went out of their way to get an unlock earlier than Gabe's breakfast hour (yet no preload!), because that's when 99.9% of Steam games release.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Just an excuse to put him on another balloon ride

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Det_no posted:

wtf. mods???

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

You should be ashamed of your words and deeds :colbert:

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Look Sir Droids posted:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
for posterity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlRErLFIOhQ

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Antti posted:

Which is why it's weird that they still went out of their way to get an unlock earlier than Gabe's breakfast hour (yet no preload!), because that's when 99.9% of Steam games release.

Probably has to do with the software region and the options to publishers. Since there is only three regions, Japan, Ru/CIS, and Rest-of-world, a midnight release technically means as soon as the ROW region unlocks, it is simply unlocked. The same applies for the "official" release of 10am GabeN Standard Time. Everyone would have to wait until then.

I know there have been rolling releases, but my guess is you have to pay Valve a bit of change to have someone on staff to push the button for each timezone, or else release the game as a variety of publishing regions, so they unlock "roughly" at midnight based on what region the client owns.

Anyway, I'm sure there are tons of other publisher considerations, and when you're responding on twitter, saying "you can 100% play the game at 12am NZ Sept 1" could lead to people barking about lies when the Konami servers for FOBs or save data transfer until 10am PST Sept1. You literally can not play the game 100% until GabeN time, but communicating the nuances and what you mean by 100% in however many character twitter limits (or the audience is willing to even read) is difficult. The best PR move is to just say 10am PST. Anyone capable of reading between the lines can glean the fact that you can still download and play once it hits 12am in New Zealand.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

So, does this game come out 8 AM on the 31st here in the Glorious United States of America? Because I'm very hype to play METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Vanderdeath posted:

So, does this game come out 8 AM on the 31st here in the Glorious United States of America? Because I'm very hype to play METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN.

That is the most likely outcome, yes. It is the one we all hope for!

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I know I'm 10 years behind on this and whatever but I just finished GZ. Holy jesus the credits took longer. I hope the actual game isn't like an hour long unless you turn over every possible stone and shoot every ketchup bottle possible.

I still have no loving idea whats going on story wise, I should probably go back and play them all again.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

codo27 posted:

I know I'm 10 years behind on this and whatever but I just finished GZ. Holy jesus the credits took longer. I hope the actual game isn't like an hour long unless you turn over every possible stone and shoot every ketchup bottle possible.

I still have no loving idea whats going on story wise, I should probably go back and play them all again.
Without going into the numbers, every review is reporting something around 30 hours to complete the game. Getting into the number of mission, there is no way you're going to be finishing this game in just a couple of hours, and not because of something like travel times doubling "playtime". The game is huge.

Kiggles fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 28, 2015

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

Looks like the latest Fat Miller gameplay is up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQAt_4oNBI4

He managed to get D-Horse killed
Edit: but not permanently...

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

omfg

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Gettin this poo poo 5 AM Monday. West Coast Best Coast :smugbert:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

If this doesn't win the Oscar for best film, I don't know what will.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Heavy Metal posted:

If this doesn't win the Oscar for best film, I don't know what will.

It really shouldn't.

It should for best short film though.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

nekoxid posted:

Turns out bears are deadly as gently caress.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

iGestalt posted:

That is the most likely outcome, yes. It is the one we all hope for!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Have your wife fist you with Boss hand, guy that's getting married

Best METAL GEAR SOLID FI-V-E experience yet.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

codo27 posted:

I played it for like 4 hours yesterday and when I loaded it up again earlier the title screen said I was 2% complete. I played another 4 hours today, and I haven't even seen Quiet yet, yet alone gotten out of Afghanistan. This game is massive. Its a huge toy set and there is never a dull moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

nekoxid posted:

I do like how Robert Peeler looks more and more distressed as these go on. This must've been a horrifically long day.

• Locked thread