Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Haha, just went to type that as soon as I posted and saw you'd snuck in a new post in the meantime, looks like the clarification was definitely needed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Bifauxnen posted:

Haha, just went to type that as soon as I posted and saw you'd snuck in a new post in the meantime, looks like the clarification was definitely needed!

No worries, like I said I was pretty sure but not definitely.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Following up on busb's list, there's only four of us that I feel like I know who they think is scum (yuming, busb, Bif, and me).

Anybody else, who is scum and why? Please stop ignoring that question!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I havent a clue

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

I havent a clue

Ok, of the cases made thus far do any strike you as not coming from a scum hunting perspective? And if you don't have a clue, why are you trying to degrade the CPig case as having no case when it has a better point to it than any suspicions you hold?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah I'm cool with switching to Magnus if yuming doesn't show up to change her vote.

Actually, I'm cool with switching to Magnus anyway

##vote Magnus

Byers2142 posted:

And if you don't have a clue, why are you trying to degrade the CPig case as having no case when it has a better point to it than any suspicions you hold?

Prolly cause, if Magnus is scum, CPig is my top suspect for potential scumbro. (Next suspects are LUTR or MMM)

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah I'm cool with switching to Magnus if yuming doesn't show up to change her vote.

Actually, I'm cool with switching to Magnus anyway

##vote Magnus

Prolly cause, if Magnus is scum, CPig is my top suspect for potential scumbro. (Next suspects are LUTR or MMM)

You have very much to learn young Padawan.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
##vote cpig

happy with cpig or magnus

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

##vote CPig

Don't let me forget to return to LUTR tomorrow, like I should have today.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

All righty then

##vote CPig

Still need 2 more, 1 more if Magnus comes on board

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
##vote cpig

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

That's -1, now we wait to see if anyone else wants to show up before deadline.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote cpig byers is scum sorry i signed up for games and got busy.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
oh hi, didn't see you there. won't you sit down?

i'm sorry, i can't sit down because i'm a song. and also because i've just been erased from history.

CPIG IS DEAD

HE WAS VANILLA TOWN

IT IS NIGHT NOW

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
MMM was killed!!!

He was VANILLA TOWN!!!

OH MY GOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmd1qMN5Yo0

It is day! DECIDE WHO TO KILL!

Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (7): Bifauxnen, busb, Byers2142, CapitalistPig, Look Under The Rock, Magnus Gallant, yuming

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 01st, 2015 at 8 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 9 hours.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ty

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Sorry about last night. I didn't realize there was a deadline and ended up getting into a lovely Facebook fight and then went to rage sleep.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Byers

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah that's real convenient to kill off MMM. Kind of makes me think it could be Byers after all, just cause he's so involved in the game so he's killing the absent shitposters on principle.

I'll be willing to help get Byers lynched before deadline, but let me get in some more obsessive double-guessing and going back over everything before I cast a vote, just in case. :v:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

It's MYLO, FYI. Spacebutt needs to remove CPig, but we have six alive. So two scum, six alive, that's MYLO.

I'm VT. based on the flips, it looks like it's a pure vanilla game. But, everyone I think is scum keeps dying, so clearing out one more player makes sense to me. The right move is to No Lynch today.

##vote No Lynch

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah that's real convenient to kill off MMM. Kind of makes me think it could be Byers after all, just cause he's so involved in the game so he's killing the absent shitposters on principle.

I'll be willing to help get Byers lynched before deadline, but let me get in some more obsessive double-guessing and going back over everything before I cast a vote, just in case. :v:

You're absolutely right, my meta as scum would be to kill the lurkers. I'm not scum, which means there's a veteran on the town team who knows my meta. I think it's busb. His cases on magnus and yuming ignore town reasons for their behavior, as though he's just looking for the lynch and not looking for scum. Gun to my head, right now I'd say scum is busb and LUTR, but we should not be lynching today.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Of course, crazy theory, Bif said he would vote me and didn't; there's no sign in his post he publicly withheld because of MYLO. Scum need two town votes on me today to win. If he's trying to set up for the win today, that post is a very good way to try and get a final town vote before scum rush the final two votes for the win.

If scum are killing lurkers, they are not lurkers themselves. Could be any two of LUTR, busb, or Bif. I don't think it's Magnus or yuming.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
correct vote count thing:

Votecount for Day 3

Byers2142 (1): yuming
Lynch No One! (1): Byers2142

Not Voting (4): Bifauxnen, busb, Look Under The Rock, Magnus Gallant

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 01st, 2015 at 8 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

The right move is to No Lynch today.

NOPE

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Fine, you know absolutely who the two scum are? Because I don't. No Lynching eliminates one town player to prevent the mislynch.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Why not? Looking at the numbers, that should be right that we're in MYLO, and tomorrow would be LYLO if we don't lynch.

He might still be scum of course, but if so he's at least playing the "look how helpful I am to the town, fellow townies" brand of scum.

Actually having a vote option to no-lynch though, is really weird to me.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Why not? Looking at the numbers, that should be right that we're in MYLO, and tomorrow would be LYLO if we don't lynch.

He might still be scum of course, but if so he's at least playing the "look how helpful I am to the town, fellow townies" brand of scum.

Actually having a vote option to no-lynch though, is really weird to me.

Prevents the day from dragging, which is a bonus in a game where literally three people are talking and nights are open. You get a majority voting for it, just end the day early.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Just one drawback to that "don't let the day drag" idea, though. Right now we got the annoying even number and it takes 4 votes to lynch. But tomorrow, only one misplaced vote from an overconfident townie would be enough for the scum to pounce on the win.

Best to make sure everyone understands that and gets their thoughts together before we go rushing off to the final day.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Just one drawback to that "don't let the day drag" idea, though. Right now we got the annoying even number and it takes 4 votes to lynch. But tomorrow, only one misplaced vote from an overconfident townie would be enough for the scum to pounce on the win.

Best to make sure everyone understands that and gets their thoughts together before we go rushing off to the final day.

Yeah, which is why no one votes quickly tomorrow. Rule one in LYLO, no votes until everyone posts.

It's not an automatic thing, sometimes you don't no lynch here because there are clear town players that will be killed and you don't learn anything. but I don't feel confident enough to say any of y'all are that town, which is why letting scum eliminate one player is the best call before lynching again.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Byers2142 posted:

Yeah, which is why no one votes quickly tomorrow. Rule one in LYLO, no votes until everyone posts.

Auspol isn't too good about this rule :v:

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Fine, you know absolutely who the two scum are? Because I don't. No Lynching eliminates one town player to prevent the mislynch.

There's like never ever a game where you know absolutely.

But to come in within the first page of a day, vote for a no lynch and declare that it's definitely the best move for the day, I don't get that at all.

It might be the best move! But why declare that right away, without any actual discussion? That makes me nervous.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Look Under The Rock posted:

It might be the best move! But why declare that right away, without any actual discussion? That makes me nervous.

Because it's objectively the right move, and this has been discussed to death in games past?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

We should also all get scum picks out there, cause we don't know which one of us would be gone tomorrow to miss the chance.

I think Magnus is still the scummiest one left. Too bad the momentum flipped right back onto CPig after I'd tried shifting to Magnus... busb why did you vote CPig when yuming's vote was already there and I'd switched to Magnus as well?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hi, nolynch is fine.

I went for cpig because it seemed that's what more people thought was the better scum option. I really have thought its magnus all game but now it's lylo tomorrow I need to be careful and rethink.

Really it could be anyone at this stage. Byers coming at me in pseudo capnandy mode doesn't feel right.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Also cpigs only post of the day was his ironic ironicat and at least magnus posted? I dunno it was impossible to know

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
##vote no lynch

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
##vote nolynch

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

No word about your scum picks, Magnus? Just trying to hurry things along?

For the record, I am suss on Byers now, but I think it's got to be either Byers-Magnus or LUTR-Magnus so might as well vote Magnus first.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I don't really know what else to say today, merk had weird thrashing about at the deadline day1 trying to lynch 3 different people (although Bif's posting is pretty good), byers is off tonally, magnus doesn't want to play, LUTR can't get into the game, yuming's too busy...

I think the best i can offer is that Bif and LUTR aren't both scum :shobon:

magnus, yuming, lutr
byers
bif
me

If the scum are in the top3 then it's just going to take guesswork

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hey I have made my opinions known!

I think Byers and Mags are scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

busb posted:

I don't really know what else to say today, merk had weird thrashing about at the deadline day1 trying to lynch 3 different people (although Bif's posting is pretty good), byers is off tonally, magnus doesn't want to play, LUTR can't get into the game, yuming's too busy...

I think the best i can offer is that Bif and LUTR aren't both scum :shobon:

magnus, yuming, lutr
byers
bif
me

If the scum are in the top3 then it's just going to take guesswork

I don't disagree with most of this, but again it feels like you're hyping on things that I don't think are scum tells. The big thing to remember is that we don't need to get both scum tomorrow, just one to extend the game and get more info from the next night kill.

• Locked thread