Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

SugarAddict posted:

Boots of traveling and thaumium fortress armor, and fortress armor also provides protection against things like poison.

Boots of travelling have a terrible armor value, so I replaced it with the (not quite as good) soujouner's sash.

Do you know how much armor fortress thaumium has? It says it's equivalent to diamond, but it says something about additional protection the more of it you have, and right now my tartarite armor is quite a bit better than diamond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

Boots of travelling have a terrible armor value, so I replaced it with the (not quite as good) soujouner's sash.

Do you know how much armor fortress thaumium has? It says it's equivalent to diamond, but it says something about additional protection the more of it you have, and right now my tartarite armor is quite a bit better than diamond.

I would say the three piece set provides the same protection as a full suit of diamond armor, but it also protects against things like poison and fire, I got hit with a witch poison bottle and I lost about one heart from poison.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
Personally I was doing just fine with only 4 shirts (8 armor / 32% damage reduction) (goggle combo helmet, boots of travel, thaumostatic harness, thaumaturge's pants) and Protection IV on everything. I had a weapon with vampirism though so that might have helped.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 29, 2015

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
And now, for a fresh cut of the madness machine; someone posted a "Modder's agreement" over on FTB's sub-Reddit.

The reactions are amazing. :allears:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

also thaumic energistics is the best thing ever and is making my perpetual energy machine of trees into RF even better by boiling down all the excess saplings into herba essentia to grow trees faster

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Thyrork posted:

And now, for a fresh cut of the madness machine; someone posted a "Modder's agreement" over on FTB's sub-Reddit.

quote:

I agree that I am making content for the community, not the other way around, so my wishes are secondary to the community whose members enormously outnumber me
ahaha I'm not getting paid for this poo poo I don't give a gently caress what kids on the minecraft forum want

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

:whatup:

Finally got a setup working! No magic mirrors yet so I'm carting the coal myself (the tree farm is on the next island) but it's already up and running and starting to feed me mana. I can now start really getting into Botania. Thanks to Magress for the setup I copied. On the left can be seen the beginnings of my sano setup, wherein I cruelly enslave a cow and force it to output hundreds of cows worth of milk.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Thyrork posted:

Is this like, performance art specifically calling out Reika or something?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

a good upgrade to the Inventory Reclaimer 4000 scheme of a magic mirror and a hungry chest is to put the mirror above an AE annihilation plane :haw:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I killed the gaia II boss for the first time, holy moly his loot is incredible. A food source that never runs out, a fancy teleporting device, extra hearts, an amazing uber sword that shoots homing lasers. A++ would recommend

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Greedish posted:

What modpack should I download if I want everything but the kitchen sink in a server with my friends? I was going to try OMPi, but it seems not to have a server download at all. Am I missing something and, if not, what's an alternative modpack with lots of different mods to explore?

I haven't personally tested it but I've come across -this- piece of crazy with just about goddamn everything in it. It includes a server pack too. http://the-1710-pack.com/

Noteable exclusion: Equivalent Exchange/ProjectE

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
EE schemes tend to dominate modpacks however. It solves too many problems that it becomes your first choice on production of most items. That's not to say it isn't fun when it is the central core but if you want exploring different tech/magic choices then it's best to leave it out.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
OMPi is the thread recommendation for a "tons of crap" kind of modpack right? My girlfriend and I want to play together and we want a good lots of stuff pack, cause I like doing tech and magic, and she likes doing magic and decoration.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Does anyone know if totems of dawn chunk load?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We need a blight fall threeead

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

SugarAddict posted:

Does anyone know if totems of dawn chunk load?

Dawn Totems? No. Dawn machines? yes. Bloody expensive way to chunkload though, especially now that actual chunkloaders are in. Even if they require a poo poo ton of infusion to make too. Really fun to make them the core of an airship and then fly around expanding sections of cleared area.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can you get slime tree saplings from the bag, and how do you get the ship marker.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Getting a crash when clicking on an airship helM with a dawn machine on it. Any solutions?

http://pastebin.com/f7beGqfL

Taffer fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 30, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

We need a blight fall threeead

:agreed:

I'll make one when I get home tonight. What all do people want in it? I'm thinking crash course on domes, basic survival, baby's first footsteps outside of the dome, thaumcraft basics (I'll probably rip heavily from the effort posts I've written), and Botania basics.

Oh, name suggestions? Throwing my own hat in the ring with an obvious joke, "Blightfall: How to clean your Crusted Taint"

Magres fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 30, 2015

vibur
Apr 23, 2004

Magres posted:

I'll make one when I get home tonight. What all do people want in it? I'm thinking crash course on domes, basic survival, baby's first footsteps outside of the dome, thaumcraft basics (I'll probably rip heavily from the effort posts I've written), and Botania basics.

Oh, name suggestions? Throwing my own hat in the ring with an obvious joke, "Blightfall: How to clean your Crusted Taint"
You should add your tree farm thingy.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Magres posted:

"Blightfall: I got in a fight with a tainticle and all I got was this lousy taint in my pants"

"Blightfall: God dammit, Dr Sprouse, stop trying to break into the scanner room!"

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i can add some whacky contraptions too but pictures will probably be bad as the whole thing is an organic growth cable and golem mess

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Fibrous Taint and You

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Can you get slime tree saplings from the bag,

Yes.

(Minecraft) Blightfall: Taint No Problem

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

^^^^ :argh:

Blightfall: Cleansing the Taint

Blightfall: What's purple on top, dangles, and gets goo everywhere?

Blightfall: T'ain't nothin to worry about

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Blightfall: Taint Scouting
Blightfall: Zorato did it

Also vampire enchantment is really good.

Edit: if you close the crafting table when you have unstable ingots it just kills you. :argh:

Serifina posted:

Blightfall: Everyone's Obsessed Except Serifina

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 30, 2015

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
Blightfall: Everyone's Obsessed

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

i can add some whacky contraptions too but pictures will probably be bad as the whole thing is an organic growth cable and golem mess

I can too, got a fairly large Botania and AE setup going. I'm trying to see how far I can upgrade a terra shatterer and boy howdy does it use a lot of mana. I've probably put 35 or so mana pools into it and it's only 1/3 to rank S. :shepicide:

On the other hand, it mines 5x5x5 cubes instantly and destroys all stone and gravel while it's at it. I mined under about half the entire mountain range from y5 to y10 in about 20 minutes. :getin:

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Blightfall: Shrek Strats

the swamp is an amazing start location

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Alright after much analysis of the Iguana Tweaks settings in Blightfall I feel like you need to build your pick/hammer carefully to really get the full potential out of tcon, and even then I don't think it can match up to an Awakened Ichorium Pickaxe, or even a Terra Shatterer.
ALL materials used in a tool count towards the xp requirement. If you put a blue slime rod in your tool to boost the durability it will take like twice as long to level up. So don't do that. Celenegil has the best xp modifier, so you'll want to eventually aim for that to speed up leveling. Before that... well, maybe Deep Iron. It levels about twice as fast as iron, is easy to get, and has decent durability. Make a second pick for mining high mining level ores. Or just use a wand for that.
Mining speed counts towards the xp requirement (I don't think you can actually change this, it's default behavior). Don't put redstone on your tools, put redstone on your gloves.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739257&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Blightfall thread's up

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magres posted:

I'd like possible seeds / Saplings, and what to do first (like scouting, thaumcrafting, mining? Where to mine!?)

yaaay

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I dunno about possible seeds and saplings, but they're both buttons worth hammering. As for first priorities, I generally scout because scouting gets you so much rep, and is the way to most easily progress at mining, and there are multiple secrets tucked in various places that will shoot you forward really quickly through Thaumcraft.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Zebrin posted:

Dawn Totems? No. Dawn machines? yes. Bloody expensive way to chunkload though, especially now that actual chunkloaders are in. Even if they require a poo poo ton of infusion to make too. Really fun to make them the core of an airship and then fly around expanding sections of cleared area.

Chunk loaders appear to be locked to max 2 chunk radius

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I have my chunkloader working a 5 radius square so

Magres fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Aug 30, 2015

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Did Blightfall mess with the poisonous potato generation rate or something? I just need one to finish my third paranormalist quest to find where all the flowers are.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Did Blightfall mess with the poisonous potato generation rate or something? I just need one to finish my third paranormalist quest to find where all the flowers are.

Can't you craft them?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

azsedcf
Jul 21, 2006

...a place of unlimited darkness.
"Where are the doors?" they asked nerviously.
Even my bellowing laughter couldn't fill this space.
Now that the thread is back off bligtfall. Here's a question I put in the Spergville Agrarian Skies 2 server thread. I did some investigating in a creative single player world for pure curiosity and could not open up any quests in the "For the Hording" page. Has anyone else opened any quests there? And if so, do you know what triggers it?

Also, there seem to be some invisible quests in the "Power Grid"(stuck at 91% with 21 quests), the "Thaumcraft"(stuck at 98% with 93 quests), and the "Applied Engineering"(stuck at 91% with 11 quests) pages that don't want to show up. Does anyone here know how to unlock them?

Here are pictures of the book: http://imgur.com/gallery/KVfgf/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Okay so, uh, new modding question: Any modpacks that work on a 32-bit operating system? Or am I just going to have to upgrade to a 64-bit? Note that the processor could handle it, but I'm not sure about the rest of the computer.