Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Ytlaya posted:

Do you mean with your Saber or Jeanne? I think I remember Gilles de Rais also repeatedly attacking my Jeanne, though it might have been confirmation bias.

It was Jeanne! I'm 100% sure that he only attacked her until she finally died. She survived a while and it seemed too consistent to be a coincidence.

I blew 80 Quartz on summoning again and the only Servants I got were Jing Ke and Gilles de Rais (Saber). I'm glad I finally got a Saber, but… I wanted a cute girl…
At least I got a few copies of that Sakura Craft Essence that starts a character off with 60% NP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Gilles does only attack Jeanne if she is present. I don't know about Lancelot, you might have just gotten "lucky".

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Don't take my word for it, but for Lancelot, I believe he attacks anyone with a Saber/Arturia face (So, Arturia, Jeanne, Saber Alter, & Saber Lily?)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
And Nero. :colbert:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Unless Nero's not in that game... which she should be.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

alcharagia posted:

Unless Nero's not in that game... which she should be.

You're right, she's in the game and is an important character in the Rome map. She isn't available on the gem roll until the Rome chapter is finished and that's after France.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Aug 25, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Time to beat up Shakespeare, that's for Titus Andronicus you rear end in a top hat.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nyaa posted:

Is it just my luck or Zero Caster boss only attack my Jeanne and no one else? :allears:

Deliberate. Same with Lancelot and Saberfaces.
The engine is actually quite flexible at modeling interactions and lore.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Aug 25, 2015

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My Siegfried is picking up nicely now that I've gotten him past 30 :toot:

Incidentially, Siegfried is the only Servant that gets all three of his skills after his first ascension, since all Siegfrieds in the game automatically start with two skills instead of one (the second one gives a big attack/def buff vs dragons).

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

http://imgur.com/a/5cuIL

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Those are awesome and adorable.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
That's pretty great.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
The artist for that is now expanding into "Saber Playing Fate/grand order". The artist is a certified cool dude.

Apparently Gilgamesh is an iPhone user.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

I feel like this is what it's like to watch any Type-Moon related media sometimes.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

These own

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The Sakura and Rider segments were amazing.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

-Troika- posted:

My Siegfried is picking up nicely now that I've gotten him past 30 :toot:

Yep! As do all other servants with the S growth thing mentioned in Kyte's posts. I'm relieved that my EMIYA and Siegfried are both good and usable now (though more EMIYA, since Jeanne does a better job of having tank-ish properties than Siegfried, though I think Siegfried also has one of the highest HPs in the game). It kind of bums me out that Siegfried doesn't become good until well after you've probably finished France (and thus lost the only opportunity to take advantage of his abilities). Hopefully future content also includes enough dragons to justify them.

It seems like an S growth curve is probably better in the long run. It's easier to level up through the first third of the growth curve, and by the time you finish the end of the second third you'll already have most of your stats, so having the growth slow down again isn't as big of a problem; for example, if you had a max of 8000 HP/ATK (added to your initial stats of course) and got 2000 during the first third, 4000 during the second, and 2000 during the last, you'd still be at 6000 out of 8000 by the time it slowed down, so it wouldn't actually have as big of a negative impact on your gameplay.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 26, 2015

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
Just out of curiosity, how is Fat Julius Caesar? I love his design and think it rules that he's the gooniest servant to ever exist. Also, how are St. George and King David? I was super bummed when they got cut from Apocrypha.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Sooo, the guaranteed 4*+ with a 10pull event is going to be a permanent feature, which it should have been from the beginning, after maintenance on the 31st. And it will also net you a guaranteed 3*+ servant card.

Also, AP recovery time cut to 5 minutes per, and Gilgamesh will be in the gacha.

quote:

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh, shall now grace mongrels with his presence between the following times:

31st of August, 2015, 5:00AM ~ 9th of September, 2015, 13:59 PM

Hurray 3 million downloads.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Schubalts posted:

Sooo, the guaranteed 4*+ with a 10pull event is going to be a permanent feature, which it should have been from the beginning, after maintenance on the 31st. And it will also net you a guaranteed 3*+ servant card.

Also, AP recovery time cut to 5 minutes per, and Gilgamesh will be in the gacha.

Hurray 3 million downloads.

Don't forget the assloads of free poo poo:

[Present Contents] ① 10 Quartz ② 3 Summoning Tickets ③ 3,000,000 QP ④ 3x ★4 Exp Cards (ALL) ⑤ ★3 Four-kun Cards: 3x HP Buff Cards, 3x Attack Buff Cards ⑥ Skill Upgrade Materials for all classes: 15 shining gems, 5 magic gems, 2 secret gems for all classes; 1 Dragon Scale, 1 Heart of a Foreign God, 1 Crystallized Lore

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I hope that is Gil's heart. He is pretty foreign.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Schubalts posted:

I hope that is Gil's heart. He is pretty foreign.

Well, Gil IS an expert on heart removal, so it could be.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
You might want to wait till 9/4 for the second reveal of gil related promotion before rolling. First event end at 9/9.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://imgur.com/a/MPNbH

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

This is all I ever needed and I didn't know it. :allears:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ah, you apparently fight Gilgamesh in Jing Ke's third ascension quest (that is, the third one in the chain for the quest). Wish I had known before taking a high level Attila as a support.

And he has 130k HP and charges his NP up in only three turns =(

edit: Yeah, I think that was my first game over.

poo poo, even on my second try he one-shot my level 50 Tamamo Cat support. His regular attacks do so much damage.

edit2: Yess, barely won on my second try with no one but Jeanne with 1442HP left.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 30, 2015

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
How does the Throne of Heroes interact with concepts of the Afterlife? Suppose Beowolf is a Heroic Spirit but ends up in Valhala when he dies but also the Throne of Heroes. Is he in both? Or they the same?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Raenir Salazar posted:

How does the Throne of Heroes interact with concepts of the Afterlife? Suppose Beowolf is a Heroic Spirit but ends up in Valhala when he dies but also the Throne of Heroes. Is he in both? Or they the same?

From what I understand, if someone meets the qualifications to be a Heroic Spirit, their soul just goes directly to the Throne. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 bucks.

Nasu works, at least the ones I've read, generally don't talk about the afterlife munch.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Basically if you're a hero and don't make a special contract like Saber you're doomed to an eternity of service.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
You get to say no, though. It's counter guardians that get stuck with the lovely fine print.

And Nasu afterlife is pretty clear, actually. If you don't get your soul stored somewhere then you're sent to the mystical woodchipper to be torn apart and the basic core (aka ze Origin) recycled into a new thing. No afterlife here.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
A good number of the Servant Interludes are being summarized and/or translated and you can find them on the Fate/GO subreddit. It's fun seeing what kind of bonding and characterization you get with the various Servants even though some of them can be mundane and boring.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/3gebif/servant_interlude_quest_locations/

I finished Medusa's interlude recently and apparently, you're on a date with her whether you're a girl or guy protagonist and Mashu shows her displeasure. Love it. :allears:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ahhh fuuck the new event with Gil is out and I have only like 23 quartz

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

More importantly, Lancelot, Atalanta, Medea and Prototype Cu are also in the Gacha now.

I'm gonna save my quartz until the 4th though, just in case the second stage of the event adds some of the servants i've been waiting for.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

wtf, I just drew Lancelot 3 times.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Better than me, I'm in the single digits. No way am I gonna be able to roll for him. :negative:

Freak Futanari posted:

More importantly, Lancelot, Atalanta, Medea and Prototype Cu are also in the Gacha now.

I'm gonna save my quartz until the 4th though, just in case the second stage of the event adds some of the servants i've been waiting for.

Aw yeah, I'm hype for those guys though.

edit; did some friend rolls, my Rank E luck continues. :argh:

Compendium fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 30, 2015

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Pulled a Kaleidoscope from my rolls. Level 60 Vlad + Kaleidoscope.
:getin:

I think I've assembled a pretty decent crew. Vlad can generate stars, EMIYA eats them up, and I have Waver to buff up EMIYA for additional crit damage. I could put the crit damage CE on EMIYA as well if I want to buff it even further.

Edit:
gently caress. The servers didn't save my progress correctly. I lost my Super Success on EMIYA, which got him to 40 with as few exp cards as possible. DelightWorks :argh:

2nd edit:
Well, it looks like my progress was saved correctly so hurray, I still got the exp on EMIYA. It looks like it was just server issues after all.

BurningDance fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 30, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I log on and there are 33 things in my mailbox o_O

Jesus Christ, all these character upgrade/XP cards and stones.

Doing a multi-roll since I had 80 stones saved up for this and have already gotten a Waver from it. (edit: And a Caster Gilles) Now I wish I hadn't been giving all my caster XP cards to Mestophiles (who was my best caster before)

And a Gilgamesh on the second multiroll! Awesome! Happy I decided to wait on using those XP cards this event gave me so I can get him leveled some.

vvv This post makes me feel guilty.

edit: Gilgamesh seems to have fast early stat growth; at just level 18 he has ~5000 HP and ATK.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 31, 2015

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Three Summon Cards and two 40 quartz draws later and I've gotten a whole three 3-star Servants. Yay.:( Because I needed lots more 4/5-star craft essences to add to the pile of unused ones I already have instead. Hell, one of them wasn't even new. I wasn't using you before, Mephistopheles, and I'm still not going to use you now. The other two were Medea and Cu(Prototype).

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I got my second Jing Ke, Caster Gilles, and my 700th Rin's Pendant from the summon cards...... I'm 9 quartz away from my only remaining hope.
This game gave me Lancer Cu Chulainn and just about nothing else and I'm in despair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Does anyone know what the Bazett craft essence does? From what I can tell it increases something related to stars by 600%. I think it's a new essence since it's not listed on that kairosity blog.