Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I was lucky on one of my random gem rolls before the event and got Heracles. For this event, I got Medea... Well, when my only two good Casters are Hans and Cu, it's nice to have her I suppose, but another 4-5 star would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Ytlaya posted:

Does anyone know what the Bazett craft essence does? From what I can tell it increases something related to stars by 600%. I think it's a new essence since it's not listed on that kairosity blog.

If you have a screenshot, I can try reading it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
There seem to a bug where people is still on 1 AP per 10 minutes. The only way to solve it at the moment is to spend a quartz to recharge your AP. There will be a 4 quartz compensation later.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
My roll got me Atanyanta.

The new "Parting the Red Sea" card is really bad. It grants a single dodge for the entire fight. It's only use is avoiding the very first hit that Servant takes, and a measly 5% debuff resistace.

jellycat posted:

If you have a screenshot, I can try reading it.

It boosts that Servant's "critical weight" by 600-800%. I thought it meant critical hit damage or something, but critical weight seems to be their chance of receiving the stars you generate. So it turns that Servant into a star vacuum.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 31, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Schubalts posted:

It boosts that Servant's "critical weight" by 600-800%. I thought it meant critical hit damage or something, but critical weight seems to be their chance of receiving the stars you generate. So it turns that Servant into a star vacuum.

It sounds like that might combine well with Gilgamesh; I think he has a skill that does this same thing.

edit: One thing I wonder about this game is how it's going to work in the long term with respect to adding more servants. While it's always possible to create new character designs, it seems like the game more or less blew its load with respect to adding all the stuff that people are going to recognize from the franchise and want the most. Like, if someone has Arturia and Gilgamesh or something, there isn't really anything they can add to the game that is going to seem more desirable.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 31, 2015

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
There are still a few Saber faces they can add to the game. There will be more of those Servants that are being channeled through someone like Waver/Zhuge Liang and Shielder. One for Sakura and one for Rin has already been data mined. There is still Cu Chulain's master that they keep showing off the artwork for but haven't added to the game. Potentially they could add different skins that are nothing but cosmetic in battle like Saber's Fate/Zero suit. Or hell, just make her an entirely new Servant to get.

I think at the very least they have more than a year of stuff to work with.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
okay so i didn't pull a gil unfortunately

BUT I PULLED A LANCELOT BERSERKER

Feels good to be out of france too, I'm loving sick of dragons, i'm probably gonna have to dump kojiro pretty soon unfortunately

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Am I the only one who's rolled like 5-6 times and has literally zero Servants above three stars.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You should get four star cards from doing 40 quartz rolls, unless you are only pulling craft essences in which case i'm sorry

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Baal posted:

You should get four star cards from doing 40 quartz rolls, unless you are only pulling craft essences in which case i'm sorry

I haven't done a 40 roll since the update, but yes I was getting 99% craft essences and the only Servants I got were three stars and I hate this game.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

jellycat posted:

Am I the only one who's rolled like 5-6 times and has literally zero Servants above three stars.

By "roll" do you mean individual rolls or multi-rolls? If you've done 5-6 multi-rolls without any 4/5 star servants that really sucks. :smith:
edit: Oh, so not multi-rolls? Even though it can be tough to remain patient and save up the quartz, I think that it's still technically slightly better to use multirolls (and I think they guarantee a 3-star servant with the current event).

This is my current party now:

The idea is that I have Jeanne to fall back on as a tank if someone gets killed, but I'd rather have stronger damage dealers in my initial party.

I want to also use my Siegfried, but I don't have enough cost. This is more than good enough for now, though. I'm hoping that sticking Gil in my leader slot will somehow get me more friend points, even though he's not really any better than Vlad right now.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 31, 2015

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Regarding rolls:

quote:

Faced with a union of angry voices and potential lawsuits, DW has seen fit to grace us with the actual percentages of the Gacha, so you may bathe in additional despair and hatred.

5-Star Servant: 1%

4-Star Servant: 3%

3-Star Servant: 20%

5-Star CE: 4%

4-Star CE: 12%

3-Star CE: 60% (HA! I TOLD YOU SO)

So uh. That's why you get a ton of essences.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Whoever said that Delightworks really don't know how to make balanced gameplay was right.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Ytlaya posted:

By "roll" do you mean individual rolls or multi-rolls? If you've done 5-6 multi-rolls without any 4/5 star servants that really sucks. :smith:
edit: Oh, so not multi-rolls? Even though it can be tough to remain patient and save up the quartz, I think that it's still technically slightly better to use multirolls (and I think they guarantee a 3-star servant with the current event).

The idea is that I have Jeanne to fall back on as a tank if someone gets killed, but I'd rather have stronger damage dealers in my initial party.

I want to also use my Siegfried, but I don't have enough cost. This is more than good enough for now, though. I'm hoping that sticking Gil in my leader slot will somehow get me more friend points, even though he's not really any better than Vlad right now.

Oh no, I absolutely mean multi-rolls. I just meant I haven't done one after the update yet!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm still waiting to get my 5-Star servant, but I will settle for my Berserker for now

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ah, kind of neat detail: Gilgamesh's Arts attacks shoot out swords, Quick attacks shoot out lances, and Buster attacks shoot out axes.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, kind of neat detail: Gilgamesh's Arts attacks shoot out swords, Quick attacks shoot out lances, and Buster attacks shoot out axes.

But do Lancelot's Busters involve fighter jets??

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I hate you so much at the moment. In a bunch of multi-quartz pulls now, I've pulled one 5-star Servant - Waver, who's crippled by having a crappy NP when you don't have any other good ones - and not a single 4-star Servant. Meanwhile, I've pulled 3 5-star CEs(two Limited/Over Zeroes and one Formalcraft, so not even the truly good ones) and 11+(!!) 4-star CEs( I currently have 11, and I think I used one or two for exp).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lord Koth posted:

I hate you so much at the moment. In a bunch of multi-quartz pulls now, I've pulled one 5-star Servant - Waver, who's crippled by having a crappy NP when you don't have any other good ones - and not a single 4-star Servant. Meanwhile, I've pulled 3 5-star CEs(two Limited/Over Zeroes and one Formalcraft, so not even the truly good ones) and 11+(!!) 4-star CEs( I currently have 11, and I think I used one or two for exp).

I think Waver is still really good, simply by virtue of being a 5-star servant and having very high end-game stats as a result. But yeah, they really need to do something about how awful most non-damage Noble Phantasms are, particularly the buff/debuff ones. Even Jeanne's kind of sucks now; it was good early on when the 2,000 (over two turns) it healed the party was a big deal, but it doesn't scale well at all (this is actually the case for all healing abilities). I mean, shielding the party from damage for a turn is certainly handy, but I don't think it's as useful as doing 30k damage or something.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I think Waver is still really good, simply by virtue of being a 5-star servant and having very high end-game stats as a result. But yeah, they really need to do something about how awful most non-damage Noble Phantasms are, particularly the buff/debuff ones. Even Jeanne's kind of sucks now; it was good early on when the 2,000 (over two turns) it healed the party was a big deal, but it doesn't scale well at all (this is actually the case for all healing abilities). I mean, shielding the party from damage for a turn is certainly handy, but I don't think it's as useful as doing 30k damage or something.

Oh, endgame he's got good stats, but I've also acquired a bunch of other Casters already, even 3-star ones(Mephistopheles, Caster Cu, Medea) who have perfectly acceptable stats for the mid-game, along with having damaging NPs. Sure, he'll outstrip them in the long run, but in the 30s-40s they're perfectly fine. Meanwhile, in multiple other classes I have virtually nothing. My only Saber is Gilles, who's terrible, the only Archers I have are Arash and Robin Hood, and the only Lancers are Leonidas and Cu(Prototype). I've got no 3-star Assassins either, and Sasaki is really starting to drop off.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Mad jelly. I only got Vlad (and Mashu yeah) from those.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Ytlaya posted:

Want a Saber waifu to go with your Gil? I want some more swole friends on my list.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Tarezax posted:

Want a Saber waifu to go with your Gil?

He'd still be inferior this lucky rear end in a top hat's Gil. I lovehate this guy.

The Luck.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Schubalts posted:

He'd still be inferior this lucky rear end in a top hat's Gil. I lovehate this guy.

The Luck.

Nero only level 13, smh.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Schubalts posted:

The Luck.

You can move the support to a sub member slot like that? (edit: Ah, yes you can! It's the option in the bottom left of the party screen) I'm more amazed at his total cost than I am anything else. I don't know how you could get a Master level that high unless you were spending quartz to refill your stamina bar and just grinding that Master XP level a ton.

I wish I had a Kaleidoscope craft essence; it seems really convenient for grinding dailies and what have you. My Sakura card (which starts you at 60%, as opposed to the 80% with Kaleidoscope) has been good enough to charge it up by the third wave of enemies in most levels, at least.

Question - does the attack "style" affect anything at all? Like, different servants/classes will hit enemies a different number of times for certain attack types. For example, Gil's Buster attack hits the enemy 4 or 5 times I think. Are certain attack types better for different things (like generating stars vs doing damage vs generating NP gauge)?

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 31, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

Does anyone know what the Bazett craft essence does? From what I can tell it increases something related to stars by 600%. I think it's a new essence since it's not listed on that kairosity blog.
Star attraction +600%. How exactly this works is explained in http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3305-How-are-critical-stars-distributed
I also posted a bunch of other info, so I'd visit the rest of the blogposts too. :v:

Btw the other cards are:
Sea of Reeds (parting of the sea): 1 dodge + 5% debuff resist
Prisma Cosmos (Ilya #2): 8% NP per turn
Shroud of Magdalene (Caren): +25% def vs males

Compendium posted:

Whoever said that Delightworks really don't know how to make balanced gameplay was right.
The gameplay per se is fine. It's the drops that are designed to suck out all your money. :v:

Ytlaya posted:

Question - does the attack "style" affect anything at all? Like, different servants/classes will hit enemies a different number of times for certain attack types. For example, Gil's Buster attack hits the enemy 4 or 5 times I think. Are certain attack types better for different things (like generating stars vs doing damage vs generating NP gauge)?
NP and crit stars are calculated per hit and %s are stored per servant. The former tends to balance itself out but the latter doesn't, meaning Gil (and to a lesser extent Hassan) is the best star maker in the game.
http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3306-How-much-NP-do-I-get-in-combat
http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3307-How-many-crit-stars-do-I-get-in-combat
Numbers.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Aug 31, 2015

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Haha, oh my god. Arash's NP is a suicide bomb, right?

This applies to the enemy version of him too.

Easiest of these servant fights by far.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Ytlaya posted:

. I don't know how you could get a Master level that high unless you were spending quartz to refill your stamina bar and just grinding that Master XP level a ton.
He seem to be lv86, i am currently at lv 72 after grinding master xp for three weekend on the event without using qurtz. :v:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Don't get too excited about Gilgamesh, he's temporary.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Aftewr playing some more fate stay/night. I have decided that Rin is epic waifu material

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

As is saber and sakura. The game is full of top tier babes

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
You've got some pleb taste if you don't mention Taiga or Rider

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I got three 4-star cards!!! They were all craft essences!!!!!
I also got a second Alexander and Kiyohime and a Prototype!Cu, which I would be happier about if I didn't already have original flavor Cu.
I'm thinking about dropping the ~$25 to get 36 more Quartz, scrounge up 4 from Rome, and try my luck one more time before I die.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

You've got some pleb taste if you don't mention Taiga or Rider

Rider's true waifu potential isn't fleshed out until Hollow Ataraxia

Caster is best housewife tho

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tarezax posted:

Gomen but i am a modern man and do not want caster to be stuck in my house, or basement

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

To paraphrase all the lame gatcha chat, saber has some 5 star baps

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Tarezax posted:

Rider's true waifu potential isn't fleshed out until Hollow Ataraxia

This is true but at that point Bazett shows up to annihilate the competition

e: By the way, does anyone get a fairly common bug the game crashes at the end of battles, before going to the result screen? It's incredibly frustrating having to redo battles, especially when i managed to get four 4-star EXP cards in one mission and now i have to redo it

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 31, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
F/SN Rider is not very cool, and is the worst wife. Caster is cool, but she is also crazy, and I would not want her at my house. Saber is a fool, pretending to Nero's throne- She bores me.

The best F/SN wife is Taiga, because she is by far the coolest. Taiga could defeat Gilgamesh with her bare hands

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 31, 2015

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The new craft essence that makes almost all of the crit stars fly to you seems perfect for Assassin-class servants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

alcharagia posted:

The best F/SN wife is Taiga, because she is by far the coolest. Taiga could defeat Gilgamesh with her bare hands

Taiga also has a powerful Noble Phantasm, almost as strong as Shinji's.