Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Ok the Euro goons fairfight stuff.

Same mostly standing near but not in cover, running or reloading while going around corners. Your overall play tends to be a bit more srs bzns than the main US clan. Less loving off trying to do things like get flair kills and the like. The big one he saw was the running thing, you guys(no names were provided) tend to sprint more but then slowdown and play a bit more conservatively than LLJK. Lots of reports but only a moderate amount of fair fight flags. Interestingly most of it was just like our stuff in that most of our deaths are preventable and we made a mistake rather than getting out played. Your incidents of the "WTF is this random dude doing there?" kind of stuff is higher but he said that is generally because most euros prefer 64p while we NA prefer 48p. You do have us beat in K/D and win loss. You guys also tend to favor the same guns for far longer than LLJK. Also LLJK stats are "trashy" due to all the week one let me in the clan so I can never play again people. Oh and we all seem to hate hardline lol.

I will try and get more detail after the patch stops taking all their time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Cool stats. The platoon isn't named autisticus maximus for nothing

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I feel like your game in this thread is longer than time spent in BF4.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I still have a few hundred hours of posting to go

ship me a free SSD from your work and I'll install bf4 again

e: better yet, ditch bf4 and play cs:go with me

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 30, 2015

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Have you not all preordered Battlefront yet? I will play with you from day 1 the day it becomes playable, so Q12016 I guess

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I hope to not buy battlefront

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Hopper posted:

Have you not all preordered Battlefront yet? I will play with you from day 1 the day it becomes playable, so Q12016 I guess

Battlefront is a bad game made for babies.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I know, and riddled with pay2win.

I so want this to be good. But then again, when was the last genuinly good AAA game released?
The good games are all indy these days.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Hopper posted:

I so want this to be good. But then again, when was the last genuinly good AAA game released?

There are two going to be released Tuesday

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Hopper posted:

Battlefield 4 is a genuinely good AAA game. I could drive AAA everyday :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
metal gear solid v is going to be good

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I hope Battlefield 2143 releasing fall 2016 is good.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Robot Randy posted:

There are two going to be released Tuesday

Which two?
Also I forgot GTA5 that is a great game.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I'm guessing Mad Max, but it's not gonna be a "good" game, a perfectly serviceable 7/10 AAA game at best.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
I'm not really clear what standards we're using here if a "7/10 AAA" game isn't good. That sounds good to me.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Video game reviews never go below 7 unless the game is exceptionally bad. A 7/10 AAA game is a perfectly good game if you like the genre it is in, but it won't be anything special.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Eonwe posted:

metal gear solid v is going to be good

The problem with Metal Gear Solid 5 is that Ground Zeroes was aggressively stupid and there were, for some inexplicable reason, no in-game volume settings. If you could mute dialogue it'd be fine.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Hey EU goons, can I get an invite to AUTISTICUS MAXIMUS? I'm "p0pelmon" on Battlelog.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
So the updates out!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand punkbuster kicks you every 5 minutes

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Never change DICE.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
No issues here. One round of Graveyard Shift — it was a lot of fun!

NOTE: you have to go and order the Night Shift pack from Origin in order to play. They are probably tracking if it was worth releasing this free pack, so go get it.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

The night maps are out?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Sandweed posted:

Never change DICE.
punkbuster certainly hasn't

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

various cheeses posted:

The night maps are out?

Only Zavod version so far.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Go here to get the night map:

https://www.origin.com/no-no/store/buy/76889/pc-download/addon/battlefield-4-night-operations

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
For those interested in battlefront, apparently it won't have a server browser but a "skill based matchmaking system"

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/3j86i2/happy_to_confirm_our_star_wars_battlefront_beta/cun65y6?context=3

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

marketing speak posted:

Play on an all new map. ... ,a night version of Zavod.

Either this map is completely different from Zavod or English is hard.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Patch notes:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064797075140641/

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Bohemian Nights posted:

For those interested in battlefront, apparently it won't have a server browser but a "skill based matchmaking system"

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/3j86i2/happy_to_confirm_our_star_wars_battlefront_beta/cun65y6?context=3

hahaha

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
A matchmaking system with no server browser, microtransactions, best vehicles cannot be player-piloted, and aiming down sights is just as accurate as hipfiring? Well... so long Battlefront, say hi to BF: Hardline on your way down.

Backhand fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 1, 2015

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Bohemian Nights posted:

Lol battlefront gonna be hot garbage

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Backhand posted:

A matchmaking system with no server browser, microtransactions, best vehicles cannot be player-piloted, and aiming down sights is just as accurate as hipfiring? Well... so long Battlefront, say hi to Destiny on your way down.
:master:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Backhand posted:

A matchmaking system with no server browser, microtransactions, best vehicles cannot be player-piloted, and aiming down sights is just as accurate as hipfiring? Well... so long Battlefront, say hi to BF: Hardline on your way down.
Battlefield fans will go back to BF4, Star Wars fans might buy this. If you are both, well, flip a coin.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Battlefront is still going to sell a gazillion copies though, let's be real.

"T" rated, bundled with consoles, and a Star Wars license at the height of Star Wars mania tying in with a new movie release. Even the mediocre Star Wars Episode One Pod Racer game was a top seller on N64

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Important parts

quote:

• Added the Team balancer (featured) as a default server option for larger modes
• Added the Zavod: Graveyard Shift map
• Soldier Movement: Slowed down side to side from 0.4 -> 0.35 on soldier sidestep to make that movement less jerky. Smoothness my rear end, this is gonna cut down on ADADAD-spam to make people easier to shoot. I approve
• ALL CONSOLES: Added Night Operations Large, Night Operations and Night Operations Infantry quick match selections for the Zavod: Graveyard shift map But there's only one night map so :confused:

NETWORKING
• Updated server & client code to support variable tick/simulation rates (featured)
• Added indicators for current server “tick rate”/simulation rate on loading screen (>30hz only) and deploy screen
• Network status communications suite: Added HUD indicators & warnings for bad or mediocre network connections (featured)
• PC/PS4/XB1: Significantly Improved client to client damage delay by forcing all clients to send damage based on framerate instead of simulation rate

AUDIO
• Enabled Audio obstruction (featured) so I guess sounds will be quieter around corners and behind walls?

VEHICLES
• Vehicle turrets
- Added vehicle sensitivity slider for all input devices on all platforms
- Added new input curves for all vehicle turrets in the game
• Fixed an issue where free look cameras in vehicles were negatively affected by framerate dips causing slower than intended movement. Now mimics soldier look accurately.
• Jet changes
- Reverted attack jet physics to original setup (313)
- Fixed an issue where jets would flip upside down in a jittery fashion when mobility hit I got this issue a lot, glad to see it's gone
• Reflections reduced inside aircraft to improve visibility
• Attack Helicopter Smart rockets Huge nerf
- Reduced Rate Of Fire to 200 from 300
- Reduced max turning angle from 30 to 10, tracking less powerful against moving targets
• Mobile Anti Air
- 20 mm has better range and is easier to use thanks to faster bullets
- 30 mm has more consistent damage thanks to lower spread
• Lock on missiles - make counter measures more effective and consistent
- Turn rates reduced to stop missiles from doing instant 180s
- Reduced time to activate guidance system in most missiles
- Blast radii has been tweaked up to reduce “dusting”
- Changed damage type from blast damage to impact damage – for example using IR smoke in a tank causing a near miss will no longer damage your tank almost max damage from the blast of the near missed missile

WEAPONS
Nothing mentioned about shotguns except the slug headshot nerf
• Decreased tracer frequency for full auto weapons from every one to every third bullet shot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Flashbangs are basically the same?
- Effective angle is now 145 degrees
- Flash duration reduced for friendlies to 0.6s
- No longer blinds dead people
- Increased the suppression effect from flashbang explosions
- Reduced number of default flashbangs from 3 to 2
- Updated effect to work exactly the same in dark and light environments
- Shielded players in vehicles (ex: tank driver) no longer gets blinded – open vehicle seats will however
- Reduced time to live from 10s to 1.5s. This prevents players from dropping flashbangs from tall buildings at enemies below
- Improved target line of sight obstruction testing
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• TV Missiles Huge buff against infantry, slight handling improvement
• Increased SRAW range and top speed slightly
• Tracer polish. Lowered brightness, thickness and length.
• Reintroduced the AN94 bipod. It will be unlocked by default.
• Added blinking red light to M15 AT mines to increase visibility in night map (and other dark areas)
• Renamed all the mentions for RPK-74M to RPK, and renamed L96A1 to L115 Da gently caress
• Mare’s Leg: Added heavy barrel option, which can lower the spread from .2 to .1 So it's still worthless you're saying
• Decreased headshot multiplier for revolvers/slugs/Desert Eagle from 2.35 to 2.13. This prevents pump action slugs from being able to one hit kill at infinite range and keeps Mare’s leg one hit kill headshot at ranges below 40m
• Added a new JDAM explosion effect Saw a video on YouTube about this, supposedly the sound is more terrifying now; same effectiveness

MAPS
ZAVOD day and night
• Enabled ladders for all modes except Defuse and Gun Master
Well I'm glad I don't play TDM much because gently caress that noise

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 1, 2015

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

canyoneer posted:

Even the mediocre Star Wars Episode One Pod Racer game was a top seller on N64

What a wrong opinion

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Episode One Pod Racer was an amazing game, no joke. Although I played the PC version.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bohemian Nights posted:

lmfao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that basically takes away the tiny part of me that still wanted to preorder it too, owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kintamarama
Oct 3, 2013
Do I have to download the night map separately from the patch? I 've started to do that, but even 794mb is painful on a 2Mb connection. (Thanks Abbott.)

• Locked thread