Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Even when they didn't quite have their format down early on there was some good stuff. I remember as early as Congo being re-listenable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Time to listen to New Nightmare. :( RIP Weis Craven. But I will be watching original The Hills Have Eyes.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Yeah, I'd say even if I'm being super harsh they've been pretty solidly on fire since Boys & Girls (#15), The Principal (#21) at the latest.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

TetsuoTW posted:

Yeah, I'd say even if I'm being super harsh they've been pretty solidly on fire since Boys & Girls (#15), The Principal (#21) at the latest.

Even if the question was "when do they get consistently good" you only have to go back to the first Spooktacular since they're all good and are followed up with Babycakes, Dredd, No Retreat and Ewoks.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
You know I realize the existence of the Ewok movies is puzzling in itself, but it is still really odd to me that the second movie instantly undoes the gains made in the first movie.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

weekly font posted:

Even if the question was "when do they get consistently good" you only have to go back to the first Spooktacular since they're all good and are followed up with Babycakes, Dredd, No Retreat and Ewoks.

I really like it when they review/talk about crazy 80s movies that they all love but fully admit is the most insane thing ever. Gymkata, Blind Fury, I come in Peace, etc there are all a great listen to.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

BexGu posted:

I really like it when they review/talk about crazy 80s movies that they all love but fully admit is the most insane thing ever. Gymkata, Blind Fury, I come in Peace, etc there are all a great listen to.

Gymkata obstacle course ninja weed chat was a real highlight.

:ninja: "Nobody ever makes it this far."

:350:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

sean10mm posted:

Gymkata obstacle course ninja weed chat was a real highlight.

:ninja: "Nobody ever makes it this far."

:350:

Awriiiight, ninth checkpoint dude! haw haw hahahahaha :haw:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Since this is basically the CineD podcasting thread, the Pee-Wee's Big Adventure bit in the recent MBMBAM is exquisite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6CUhw2CHj0

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

They're baaaaaaack.

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

gently caress. Yes.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hockles posted:

They're baaaaaaack.

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

gently caress. Yes.

I feel like that's a waste of Listener Request since it was an obvious Stay Tuned, but hey, new WHM is cool and welcome.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
So many good options for next week... hoping for Liz & Dick or Cyber Seduction. Or if Disney movies qualify, Brink!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Oh man Cyber Seduction would be so good.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
We need them to return to the well that is Lifetime movies.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

weekly font posted:

I feel like that's a waste of Listener Request since it was an obvious Stay Tuned, but hey, new WHM is cool and welcome.
On the other hand, it's been an obvious stay tuned for like 60 episodes, so I appreciate the kick in the rear end.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
SUCKERS!!!!!!! makes me nearly poo poo my pants laughing every time I see or hear it, oh my god. Honestly I feel like that scene justifies the movie's existence.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I remember MK:A being bad but there was stuff in the episode I was sure they were making up. I have to rewatch it now, goddamnit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z41PVdieurE 2:20

weekly font fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 8, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

weekly font posted:

I remember MK:A being bad but there was stuff in the episode I was sure they were making up. I have to rewatch it now, goddamnit.

HBO GO until Halloween!!

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 8, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

weekly font posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z41PVdieurE 2:20

I don't know what's funnier, the lovely "You kick me then I'll kick you" bad stunt show fighting, the way the music just goes to the next track like they just had the soundtrack CD playing, or Liu Kang and Kitana's blank standing-still reactions, like they didn't realize the camera was going to be on them this scene.

e: the answer is "Liu Kang's jump across the bridge". That is some of the shittiest wirework I've ever seen.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

When are we going to get the movie with Raiden's sister Jaiden?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Holy cow I've never seen that movie before and it absolutely looks like an episode of Power Rangers.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Squallege posted:

Oh man Cyber Seduction would be so good.

Cyber Seduction manages to be way way funnier and more insane than any other Lifetime film. The pop-up scene is amazing.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I will maintain until my dying breath that the first MK movie is the platonic ideal of a Video Game Movie Done Right, with MK:A being the platonic ideal of what everyone thinks of concerning a Video Game Movie.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

The second Jonathan Rhys-Davies tangent absolutely slayed me.
Same for Glengarry Glenn Kombat.

Mortal Kombat cartoon would make an amazing Animation Damnation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555tbabw9tA

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Mortal Kombat sucks for being a Mortal Kombat movie with no blood in it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Yaws posted:

Mortal Kombat sucks for being a Mortal Kombat movie with no blood in it.

I'm honestly curious: did you even notice before it was pointed out?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm honestly curious: did you even notice before it was pointed out?

I didn't. But it retroactively ruined the movie for me.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

fatherboxx posted:

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

You should definitely post this on their Facebook group.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

fatherboxx posted:

Mortal Kombat cartoon would make an amazing Animation Damnation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555tbabw9tA

Ah I remember that cartoon. LOL at making Nightwolf the hacker/tech guy.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm glad they mentioned that the near-end scene when the Elder Gods announcing that this poo poo needs to be resolved in Mortal Kombat (queue theme), because as dumb and bad as the movie is, that scene is legitimately awesome.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
HEY I JUST GOT DIARRHEA

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Yaws posted:

I didn't. But it retroactively ruined the movie for me.

It goes out of its way to be as brutal as possible without showing blood, though. You get an on-screen neck snap with a really nasty crunch sound, that one guy Liu Kang fights gets his goddamn ribcage caved in, Scorpion is just spewing technicolor Evil Dead fluids everywhere when he gets hit with the blade shield thing... honestly it's a little remarkable that they still got a PG-13.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I'm watching Mortal Kombat Annhilation and its a delight. What a wonderfully trashy film.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
What sort of 2015 garbage do you all expect or hope shows in the Worst of 2015 episodes?

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Timett posted:

What sort of 2015 garbage do you all expect or hope shows in the Worst of 2015 episodes?

Mortdecai

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Worst of 2014 was all stuff I had never heard of, so I hope I'm completely surprised this year.

e: Okay, maybe that new Hitman movie will show up. I had a friend who went to see that and walked out ten minutes in.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mortdecai, The Cobbler, Transporter 4, and Hitman.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Timett posted:

Fantastic Four

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Pixels and Fantastic Four