Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

alcharagia posted:

F/SN Rider is not very cool, and is the worst wife. Caster is cool, but she is also crazy, and I would not want her at my house. Saber is a fool, pretending to Nero's throne- She bores me.

The best F/SN wife is Taiga, because she is by far the coolest. Taiga could defeat Gilgamesh with her bare hands

I agree about F/SN Taiga being the best, but I will fight you about F/SN Rider because she shows her wife chops in Heaven's Feel whether you like that route or not. :colbert:

edit; goddammit, why have I topped the last two pages

Compendium fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Compendium posted:

I agree about F/SN Taiga being the best, but I will fight you about F/SN Rider because she shows her wife chops in Heaven's Feel whether you like that route or not. :colbert:

Heaven's Feel was my favorite route, but F/SN Rider is the worst Rider.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Proto Lancer and 9 craft essences gently caress you you piece of poo poo game!!!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

jellycat posted:

I'm thinking about dropping the ~$25 to get 36 more Quartz, scrounge up 4 from Rome, and try my luck one more time before I die.

Pay to win indeed

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

-Troika- posted:

Don't get too excited about Gilgamesh, he's temporary.

Oh, he's not being added permanently to the gacha?

I was happy that Arash suicided himself at the end, because he also killed off all of my party except for Jeanne by hitting them for over 10,000 damage. That's a pretty easy fight as long as you survive until his NP and save an invulnerability (or equivalent) spell.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm going to loving throw up.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Everyone is getting dogs except me. :argh:

For real though, classic FSN Lancer is pretty decent from what I've seen when using him as a support from other friends. I'd much prefer him over Leonidas (who loving dies so easily and his NP is just one big self buff) and Romulus (decent NP, but his attack stats are not as good as Cu's).

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
My only consolation is that Caren and her dad are bonding over trolling people with worthless cards

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm going to loving throw up.

at least you got 3 servants!!!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

at least you got 3 servants!!!

Iskandar is poo poo, Caster Cu is just going to get fed to my other Caster Cu to level his NP, and even though i like Cu it'd feel really weird to have several different Cus in the same party so i'm gonna bench him.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't have any servants because I am immune to gatcha garbage

I am not however immune to Caster and Taiga

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
When the hell are they gonna implement the Taiga servant

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Taiga's Noble Phantasm is her mob connection. She calls a hit on Gilgamesh and he is... "taken care of."

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

alcharagia posted:

Taiga's Noble Phantasm is her mob connection. She calls a hit on Gilgamesh and he is... "taken care of."

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Namtab posted:

Pay to win indeed

People have apparently dropped 1000$ onto this game, why didn't they buy a PS4 instead?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

People have apparently dropped 1000$ onto this game, why didn't they buy a PS4 instead?

Pretend i posted a picture of a mushroom with a semitic nose clutching its hands sinisterly

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Not even Ueda Kana, Rin's VA can avoid gatcha madness.

https://twitter.com/uedakana/status/638423851576111104

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Compendium posted:

Not even Ueda Kana, Rin's VA can avoid gatcha madness.

https://twitter.com/uedakana/status/638423851576111104

She's always struck me as the nerdiest of the Fate VAs. I have no idea why.

Maybe because she's in like a billion different series.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yeeeeessss. Rolled a Gil with only 41 quartz. My id is 571509856.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The one kind of underwhelming thing about Gilgamesh seems to be his Noble Phantasm. While it gets a bonus against servants, even against them it seems to do a LOT less than Arturia's Excalibur. This would be okay if it had some debuff/buff attached to it like many/most other damage NPs, but it doesn't. It's about comparable to most other AoE damage NPs in damage, so it's not so much that it's *bad* - just that Excalibur is ridiculously powerful.

Also, what another poster said about his attack pattern generating a bunch of stars is very true. He routinely generates 4-5 stars with individual non-Quick attacks.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yeah, his NP isn't especially amazing, but his normal attacks+the stars he generates more than makes up for it. At least for the point I'm at now anyway. Still in France.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That's interesting to note. Kind of goes with what Shirou says in the UBW route, about how Gil may have a huge treasury, but unlike other Servants, he isn't a master of bringing out a weapon's full potential like Saber or Lancer are able to.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Compendium posted:

That's interesting to note. Kind of goes with what Shirou says in the UBW route, about how Gil may have a huge treasury, but unlike other Servants, he isn't a master of bringing out a weapon's full potential like Saber or Lancer are able to.

Specifically, he's an "Owner" of them all, rather than their "Wielder." Shirou's copies cheat this as he basically copies the skill of the wielder of a weapon he traces as well. However, this is inapplicable to Gil's Noble Phantasm because he's using Ea, which is one of the few treasures in GoB which he specifically is the "Wielder" of as well. I think it's only Enkidu and Ea, but it's possible there's one or two more in there somewhere. Regardless, there's no fluff reason involved in Grand/Order in it possibly being weaker than Excalibur, it's pure game mechanics.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Sep 1, 2015

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

CCC Ea was monstrous.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

The one kind of underwhelming thing about Gilgamesh seems to be his Noble Phantasm. While it gets a bonus against servants, even against them it seems to do a LOT less than Arturia's Excalibur. This would be okay if it had some debuff/buff attached to it like many/most other damage NPs, but it doesn't. It's about comparable to most other AoE damage NPs in damage, so it's not so much that it's *bad* - just that Excalibur is ridiculously powerful.

Also, what another poster said about his attack pattern generating a bunch of stars is very true. He routinely generates 4-5 stars with individual non-Quick attacks.

Put Tokiomi on Gil and the crits will make up for everything.

---

In other news after about half a week of coding and debugging an unholy combination of SQL and Javascript, I finally finished this:
http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/6110-Fate-Grand-Order-Gameplay-Profiles

Now you can finally see what exactly does your servant's NP do and how it upgrades.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 1, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kyte posted:

Put Tokiomi on Gil and the crits will make up for everything.

---

In other news after about half a week of coding and debugging an unholy combination of SQL and Javascript, I finally finished this:
http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/6110-Fate-Grand-Order-Gameplay-Profiles

Now you can finally see what exactly does your servant's NP do and how it upgrades.

Interesting, according to that Excalibur shouldn't be doing significantly more damage, yet it still seems to. Weird.

Thanks a lot for all the info on what skill upgrades do. I've been hesitant to spend at materials/money on upgrading skills since they're so opaque and I don't want to waste 200,000 just to make an attack up skill increase in power by 1% or something. Some skills (like the ones that generate stars) seem to offer a much better improvement per upgrade.

edit: Hm, so Divinity gives a flat damage increase rather than a % based one?

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 1, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
kojiro's NP doing base 1200% is insane. Too bad that got drag down by his low 5k atk.

Meanwhile gil have 12k final attack stat. His crit attacks alone will hurt like np hell. His np charge skill also increment in 3% percent level instead.

Meada is interesting for the high speed chant skill that instantly charge her 80% np, which makes her the most realistic candidate for overcharging her np to 300%.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Medea's totally made to spam the poo poo out of Rule Breaker. (Too bad it's not beamspam but eh. Buff dispel has its uses. Way too many high level enemies buff themselves to hell and back)

Yeah Divinity is flat damage increase. Way crappier than I'd originally though.
Sad.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jeanne's Revelation A skill looks like it's a very good option to upgrade; every skill point effectively gives you 3 extra stars. That skill is really good, especially compared with the comparable one that only gives stars once.

Why is it that some Noble Phantasms are listed twice in a row? Do you get the rank up as you ascend the servant?

As a random note, Tamamo Cat's NP looks like it would be extremely good if you were able to upgrade it at least once (to enable overcharge). The huge heal is more than worth being stunned for two turns. It also does twice as much damage as most AoE NPs. Also, Waver's NP looks completely awful. The least they could do is increase the chance of draining NP and stunning; the curse does completely negligible damage.

It seems like one thing they really need to fix is a lot of skills doing flat, unscaled damage/healing. There are a bunch of things that are good/useable in the early game (such as curse/burning) but completely useless later on. Even fully upgraded it looks like they can never do more than 1000 damage.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Siegfried's interlude quest: dragons, more dragons, even more dragons, giant black dragon with 100k+ that my Hassan instantly snatched the heart out of for a kill :c00l:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
And then there's a 1million health skeleton ghost at the end of an interlude. Chevalier's, I think it was.

e: Yup, Chevalier's https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/3j66gb/1_million_hp_monster_defeated/

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 1, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Schubalts posted:

And then there's a 1million health skeleton ghost at the end of an interlude. Chevalier's, I think it was.

e: Yup, Chevalier's https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/3j66gb/1_million_hp_monster_defeated/

There's also this random quest (not a interlude) in Fuyuki that costs 15AP and has you fighting a thing with 200k HP (which I think is the highest I've seen personally).

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

Why is it that some Noble Phantasms are listed twice in a row? Do you get the rank up as you ascend the servant?

Yep, gold servants get a 2nd interlude that lets them upgrade their NP's rank. That's why when you first get them their NPs have lower rank than they're supposed to.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
The change to the QP dailies is a very nice one. I bagged 765k QP on my first run, which is a very hefty sum, but it's not going to last once I start leveling up my other servants. This might convince me to level up 1 or 2-star servants and do their interludes, since I won't have to worry about the 3 or 4-star servants taking all the QP.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Do the ascension visual changes show for people on your friends list, too? Can anyone else see my half-naked Cu Chulainn?

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
The visuals do change. I've seen many coat-less EMIYAs and one white Jeanne on my friend list.

I have not seen one Gil in my friend list. This is what I get for adding so many Rulers to my friend list.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I ascended Sieg and Kojiro and can see the differences in their ascensions, but Alexander seems exactly the same.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Something to break gatcha chat, here's a track from a Fate/Zero sound drama where Waver and Iskander meet young Taiga. Worry not, there is a translation and it is adorable as heck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU5yrcY36XA
http://translation-blog.tumblr.com/post/21376338576/fz-cd3-track-1

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I'm sad that the gameplay isn't a little more complex; googling around while the visual effect of UBW is nice with leaving all the swords lying around, I don't think it has any secondary benefit or buffs to EMIYA on deployed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Compendium posted:

Something to break gatcha chat, here's a track from a Fate/Zero sound drama where Waver and Iskander meet young Taiga. Worry not, there is a translation and it is adorable as heck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU5yrcY36XA
http://translation-blog.tumblr.com/post/21376338576/fz-cd3-track-1

I've been listening to these two tracks from the Mahoyo soundtrack recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTGcpO2NsY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEL5MQ8Umcs