Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

That old man is right Kyon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ah, so Haruhi was traumatized by having to watch baseball as a child. God, Baseball's boring.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

She;'s already a beauty

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Ah, so Haruhi was traumatized by having to watch baseball as a child. God, Baseball's boring.

Lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

now you understand! haha

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Haruhi hitting the self loathing kind of hard, here.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
"What happened to your glasses?"

"What happened to my glasses, Kyon?"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's been said a lot, but boy these shots are nice. The framing, the blocking, the lighting, all good stuff. Sound design's great right now too.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this reminiscence is to the oldest point in the chronology. I'd like to watch a true chron order that somehow integrates that into like bamboo leaf rhapsody and so on, no idea how that would work.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Worse than missing the soccerball, worse than striking out, kyon's worst moment...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

This is one of the cooler scenes in the series

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

The baseball sequence is a really good recap of the shows themes. The train metaphor at the end is cool too

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Linnaeus posted:

Worse than missing the soccerball, worse than striking out, kyon's worse moment...

Yup. Kind of whiffed on that one, didn't he?

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Kyon you coward!!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

With all of this musing on self-definition and existential ennui, that Eva comparison I made a while back is getting more appropriate than I anticipated it being.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

And yet later on, chronologically, she wants to get everyone together and win a local baseball tourney...

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

Haruhi hitting the self loathing kind of hard, here.

it's more like a self centered misanthropy, which, I guess, is really just another side of the coin

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Is the driver just rollin' with this poo poo? Or is that a glass barrier there?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Is the driver just rollin' with this poo poo? Or is that a glass barrier there?

he's syndicate, it's cool

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

you've seen the driver before

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

you might remember him from a certain mystery episode

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Holy poo poo, yeah its totally that butler! I didn't even realize!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...There are some definite THEMES being thrown about here, and I'm trying to parse them on the fly, and I can't quite do it yet.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Is Itsuki about to kill Kyon?

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

...There are some definite THEMES being thrown about here, and I'm trying to parse them on the fly, and I can't quite do it yet.

This scene was discussed for years afterwards. i'm sure there is some forum out there that still does. good luck

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh, hey, Closed Space. Sounds like we're about to figure all this poo poo out.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the world going dark after kyon closes his eyes could just be us getting inside his head, or maybe it's something more. never thought about that.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

survey: whose subs say "shinjin" and whose say "celestials" or something else??

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This is fascinating poo poo.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

yes i love that music cue

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This is some high-grade Persona poo poo.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Zas posted:

survey: whose subs say "shinjin" and whose say "celestials" or something else??

Mine says celestials

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Dub rolls with Shinjin/"Those created by God" or some such.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Linnaeus posted:

Mine says celestials

I always saw shinjin for years but I'm warming up to celestials, it's neat sounding

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Linnaeus posted:

Mine says celestials

Same here.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

FINAL SHANANA. READY. ACTION!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I've seen this show like four or five times and never even heard of "shinjin" existing...

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I love the b&w cutup simulmontage shots a lot, good thing we're getting a lot more soon

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

good sister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Time to finish this poo poo.

• Locked thread