Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Fine if thats how everyone wants it, this is a bad idea and I'd like you all to take a close look at Grandi, quidnose, and kumba.

##vote Hal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's on you Kumba, I'm not doing it

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:redhammer:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
(that was hammer already, CPig's vote hasn't resolved yet)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Man you guys are loving awful.

For the fourth time I put myself out there and claim to help the town and for the fourth time I get killed for it.

No one can point to anything I've done that is scummy and all my actions have been to help the fauna but I get killed over someone not even trying and someone who has consistently misrepresented my play.

I hope the pests win.
Thanks for the game Amoeba cool setup as always

##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jerks

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Man you guys are loving awful.

For the fourth time I put myself out there and claim to help the town and for the fourth time I get killed for it.

No one can point to anything I've done that is scummy and all my actions have been to help the fauna but I get killed over someone not even trying and someone who has consistently misrepresented my play.

I hope the pests win.
Thanks for the game Amoeba cool setup as always

##vote Hal

you were already hammered dude, calm yoself

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

you were already hammered dude, calm yoself

:ghost: I wasn't when I started that post :ghost:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 3

Hal Incandenza (6): Opopanax, Grandicap, CapitalistPig, Lunatic Sledge, CapitalistPig, yuming, Lunatic Sledge, Opopanax, Lunatic Sledge, Quidnose, CapitalistPig, Hal Incandenza
Quidnose (0): yuming, yuming
yuming (0): Hal Incandenza, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Hal Incandenza
Lynch No One! (0): Lunatic Sledge, Lunatic Sledge

Not Voting (3): Kumbamontu, MC Eating Disorder, Opopanax

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 31st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 12 minutes.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal Incandenza - ???, ???-aligned ??? has not died Day 3.

It is now Night 3.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yuming - Stray Cat, Introduced Species-aligned Brutal Visitor, has been killed Night 3.

Someones been burning the midnight oil. Everyone is burning with anticipation to see what has happened overnight. Some people are ready for a fight, but don’t burn any bridges. You might need to work together to avoid jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Also, the bush is on fire.

Day 4 has begun. A bushfire has started.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (9): CapitalistPig, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Kumbamontu, Lunatic Sledge, MC Eating Disorder, Opopanax, Quidnose, yuming

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 02nd, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Uhhhhhhhhh is that a scummy flip? I genuinely don't know.

And no, I have no idea why I lived.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What the hell is a brutal visitor?

yuming claimed to have visited me so I really don't know what to make of that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I mean yuming claimed wanderer so she was holding back (apparently a visitor is the same as a wanderer... but does the brutal mean she would have killed scum if she visited them? or town? or WHAT?!?) but I don't really know how to interpret that.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CapitalistPig posted:

Fine if thats how everyone wants it, this is a bad idea and I'd like you all to take a close look at Grandi, quidnose, and kumba.

##vote Hal

Hey pig, why didn't you include sledge in this list?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic you already said you had a role, you should definitely claim.

The fact that the three of you had roles and yuming's appears to be a killing role makes me think I have been doing the right thing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is undoubtedly the most interesting game of mafia I have played in a long long time

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lunatic you already said you had a role, you should definitely claim.

The fact that the three of you had roles and yuming's appears to be a killing role makes me think I have been doing the right thing.

You're a lynchproof series of question marks opening the day by interrogating me, okie dokie

I didn't really want to role claim until after you were dead, and somehow you're magically still alive. That doesn't make me feel better.

The "brutal" part might be what people were speculating early game--if the cat had gotten to a bird, some bad poo poo probably would have happened. She never went after Quid, though, who claimed bird up front IIRC.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

You're a lynchproof series of question marks opening the day by interrogating me, okie dokie

I didn't really want to role claim until after you were dead, and somehow you're magically still alive. That doesn't make me feel better.

The "brutal" part might be what people were speculating early game--if the cat had gotten to a bird, some bad poo poo probably would have happened. She never went after Quid, though, who claimed bird up front IIRC.

Really, and how pray tell do you know what yuming was doing?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

QUELLE SUPRISE HAL WAS NOT TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT HIS ROLE.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Really, and how pray tell do you know what yuming was doing?

Well, I'm speculating based on that idea I just provided, and Quid is still alive.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Man I CANNOT WAIT until this game ends and I am proved to have never lied once (other than "town vig") this entire game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

I wish I was clever enough to melt down like that in a fake way knowing I would live.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Man I CANNOT WAIT until this game ends and I am proved to have never lied once (other than "town vig") this entire game

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you may have no idea what the gently caress but you can obviously see why it's looking less and less like that right, Hal?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
He's not lying, folks, he never TECHNICALLY said he WASN'T lynchproof

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Although if you honestly didn't know you were going to survive the cuddle yesterday than that is probably the best faked frustration tantrum I have seen and I commend you for your work :v:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

I have flipped a rolecop and some sort of killing role that aren't aligned with you what the gently caress do you want out of me

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I wish I was clever enough to melt down like that in a fake way knowing I would live.

Great minds think alike and so do I

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So just to be clear, you killed Yuming last night?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Genuinely surprised to not see you two immediately vote Hal again

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

So just to be clear, you killed Yuming last night?

Yeah of course

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Genuinely surprised to not see you two immediately vote Hal again

I'm mulling it over.

He might have X-shot lynchproof.

He might not be lying, there might be another Australia-aligned fella making him lynchproof.

I don't think I've ever encountered a role that lynchproofs people, though.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think we're way beyond the point where set up spec can be useful but I wanna say that a lynch proof scum, especially a multiple-shot LP scum is loving insane and I don't want to live in this world if that's what's happening so if I was in your shoes I would absolutely vote Hal again immediately

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Honestly? I could give half a poo poo about Hal at this point because:

1. the non-native species have flipped poopoo badguy roles regardless of their "actual" alignment
2. my win condition says I need to get rid of those dudes
3. I have absolutely no idea what is going to get Hal out of the game at this point.

The only power we have is our cuddle. That didn't work. We could gently caress around with trying to kill Hal again and let him kill Lunatic tonight and...maybe he wins and we lose? And we all learn a lesson about harmony? It seems to me the only thing that would ACTUALLY remove Hal from the game for sure at this point would be him targeting Grandi and since he came out and was all "don't target me I will kill you" that's not going to happen anymore. So we might be in a position where the only person who wins is Hal if we get rid of the remaining claimed non-native species but I'm not sure what else we can do at this point.

We can start picking off people who might seem like badbads like Grandi and people who have been playing scummy like like Opop but at the end of the day we're guessing in the dark. My flavor says I hate pests and that I want to remove my threats, which would imply pests, but it's not outright stated.

I don't really know where to go next from here other than voting Lunatic.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

I think we're way beyond the point where set up spec can be useful but I wanna say that a lynch proof scum, especially a multiple-shot LP scum is loving insane and I don't want to live in this world if that's what's happening so if I was in your shoes I would absolutely vote Hal again immediately

But are you going to vote for him?

You've been strangely non-committal for a significant part of the game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm more thinking back to the Infamous Phoenix Wright 2 or 3 where Merk was a cuddle-proof death-proof dude unless certain parameters of killing his spirit guards were met or something like that. He had to be the one to kill three certain people or something, I don't really remember, but nothing we did to kill him would work until those people were dead first. It was annoying, especially since it was merk who got the role :v:

We could gently caress around with Hal at this point but unless he decides to be forthcoming about how he dies (or, benefit of the doubt, "what he thinks will kill him") we're kinda stuck at this point, unless someone has another bright idea I'm missing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

I'm more thinking back to the Infamous Phoenix Wright 2 or 3 where Merk was a cuddle-proof death-proof dude unless certain parameters of killing his spirit guards were met or something like that. He had to be the one to kill three certain people or something, I don't really remember, but nothing we did to kill him would work until those people were dead first. It was annoying, especially since it was merk who got the role :v:

We could gently caress around with Hal at this point but unless he decides to be forthcoming about how he dies (or, benefit of the doubt, "what he thinks will kill him") we're kinda stuck at this point, unless someone has another bright idea I'm missing.

That was a good game! I think I was one of the people that had to be killed for merk to be killed.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I just think it's safe to say that if our only killing role so far is also LP that there is some wack poo poo happening

##vote no lynch

I wanna see if Hal can withhold a kill, no lynch today, Hal doesn't kill sledge or anyone else tonight. Amoebas flavour for today seems like a big hint that this is the right decision and if Hal can withhold a kill AND he's LP I feel ok assuming he's not a bad guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I like Hal and I want to believe him and everything I see him doing kinda supports that he's not a BadMan but I am just not convinced he isn't going to submit a NK he then lies about. Bottom line for me. I don't think we can use "Hal don't kill anyone" as a gauge for jack poo poo because he can kill someone and go "Nah that wasn't me I don't even know!" and then we're even more lost than we already are.

• Locked thread