Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i dont like kanye wes anymore i mean since like 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Kanye Wes Craven. Makes you think

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

alansmithee posted:

Kanye's not only the greatest mainstream rap dude ever, he's the best pop dude since Michael Jackson's prime. Dude's musical catalog rivals anyone ever. And all the other stuff just adds to his greatness.

agreed. his ability to troll white people worldwide is also worthy of distinction imho

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i dont like kanye wes anymore i mean since like 2012

Was WTT 2011 or 2012, because that album was pretty dope

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I like Kanye because he's released some of the most experimental music possible for an artist of his popularity. Like, I'm not saying 808s or Yeezus were revolutionary, but they were still out-there in a way most artists of his stature wouldn't dare try. They're also both fantastic albums.

I've been pretty bummed out by what he's released since Yeezus, though. From interviews, it sounds like he wants to move back towards pop music with Swish. I'm glad the dude is happy and married and a dad and wants to make happy married dad music, but that doesn't make me very interested to hear him sing autotune ballads with bland production :(

Also did y'all see he's gonna play all of 808s at Hollywood Bowl next month? Tickets on sale in a couple days, jealous of anyone on the west coast who can go see that: http://www.stereogum.com/1827592/kanye-west-playing-808s-heartbreaks-in-full-at-hollywood-bowl/news/

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i think 808s is really boring and bad and i know it made drake and future and poo poo possible and whatever but just because an album influences people doesnt mean it stands up on its own. i know a lot of you like it for some reason i will literally never understand

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

i think 808s is really boring and bad and i know it made drake and future and poo poo possible and whatever but just because an album influences people doesnt mean it stands up on its own. i know a lot of you like it for some reason i will literally never understand

Heartless, Welcome to Heartbreak, and Love Lockdown are all goddamn fantastic.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 31, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeezus was ok i guess :shrug:

new album probably gonna be str8 garbage

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

thathonkey posted:

yeezus was ok i guess :shrug:

new album probably gonna be str8 garbage

Maybe. People counted him out after 808s and then he dropped the best Album of his Career.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dexo posted:

Maybe. People counted him out after 808s and then he dropped the best Album of his Career.

Graduation was before 808's. Also 808s is his second best album (you got some of the good tracks but didn't even name the best one).

And who counted him out? Dude's had nothing but hits and classics. By far his worst album was Watch The Throne and that's cause he had Jay-Z's dead weight to try to carry. And even that wasn't bad, just wasn't up to the standards of his solo releases.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

When you have sex one day little Johnny you'll understand.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Everything Kanye has said for the past 2 years has been manic. His album, Rihanna's album, everything attached to his name has sunk or failed to launch like previously.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
isn't his fashion line doing pretty well for something that took inspiration from the wrong scenes in The Matrix

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Yeezus is cool as heck and has some amazing tracks on it. I think it's a cool, sparse record with some really neat sounds.

New Slaves is really loving raw and I like when Kanye is really fired up. The whole album has these huge sounds that are sucked away without any warning.

Hold my Liquor is also amazing and I love the really harsh sounds during the verses and then the building pulse of the outro.

Anyway the best explanation of what makes Yeezus so great is from Lou Reed, of all people.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

alansmithee posted:

Graduation was before 808's.

Holy poo poo I seriously thought I was the only one who thinks Graduation is Ye's best poo poo. Also Yeezus rules, like all his albums

e: I actually just asked myself how I would rank kanye albums and aside from Graduation being on top I just can't go beyond that, everything he does on his main albums is just consistently awesome (to me). The non-album poo poo is real hit and miss tho, guess that's why it's non-album poo poo

d0s fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 1, 2015

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

d0s posted:

Holy poo poo I seriously thought I was the only one who thinks Graduation is Ye's best poo poo. Also Yeezus rules, like all his albums

Same. I don't think there was one bad song on that album.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rhR8UwWPX0

:clint:

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

isn't his fashion line doing pretty well for something that took inspiration from the wrong scenes in The Matrix

Despite the fact that temple gets all his music info from MTV and BET and Kanye's mentioned more on there than like anyone, he still thinks dude's "failing" when like everything he does is a giant event. He's still expecting every album to go quadruple platinum like poo poo happened in the 90's.

His fashion line seems to do reasonably from everything I've read. His shoes are pretty much impossible to get (I tried :( ). Yeezus sold less than his other stuff, but everything sells less now and it's like actively abrasive. His tour also did gangbusters.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

alansmithee posted:

Despite the fact that temple gets all his music info from MTV and BET and Kanye's mentioned more on there than like anyone, he still thinks dude's "failing" when like everything he does is a giant event. He's still expecting every album to go quadruple platinum like poo poo happened in the 90's.

His fashion line seems to do reasonably from everything I've read. His shoes are pretty much impossible to get (I tried :( ). Yeezus sold less than his other stuff, but everything sells less now and it's like actively abrasive. His tour also did gangbusters.

If you say so. BTW I missed you too.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

alansmithee posted:

Yeezus sold less than his other stuff, but everything sells less now and it's like actively abrasive. His tour also did gangbusters.

Yeah but Kanye was bummed that Yeezus didn't light up the world. He has been talking about how the new album will be a return to pop music and he wants his songs played in clubs again. I think the low sales of Yeezus and hacks like charlamagne tha god telling him Yeezus sucked really got to Ye. It makes me worried about what's coming next, as Kanye is best when he is being honest to his music, and not when he is trying to boost his profile.

It's a bummer because while Yeezus isn't quite the groundbreaking record some people said it was, it's super cool that the biggest name in rap releases something so stark and abrasive.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Besson posted:

Yeah but Kanye was bummed that Yeezus didn't light up the world. He has been talking about how the new album will be a return to pop music and he wants his songs played in clubs again. I think the low sales of Yeezus and hacks like charlamagne tha god telling him Yeezus sucked really got to Ye. It makes me worried about what's coming next, as Kanye is best when he is being honest to his music, and not when he is trying to boost his profile.

It's a bummer because while Yeezus isn't quite the groundbreaking record some people said it was, it's super cool that the biggest name in rap releases something so stark and abrasive.

Well I believe he also said that MBDTF was him going more "pop" after 808s so I'm not too worried.

Dude's given me no reason to not think his next album won't be great. All Day is a great song, Only One isn't necessarily what I'd like to hear from him but it's by no means bad. I have faith he'll come up with something. Or he doesn't and he's still got like 7 amazing albums.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
in other rap god news, new Snowman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfgkZHcUvHs

i like the direction if this is indicative of a new project

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
when drake said u getting bodied by a singing n***a it sent chills down my spine

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
New Rick Ross. Struggled to get into him in the past but this is fire. May have to relisten to some of his catalogue.
https://soundcloud.com/rickyrozaymmg/rick-ross-foreclosures

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

check out Rich Forever, best thing he's done

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Did this get posted yet?

Chance The Rapper - Sparring - https://soundcloud.com/chancetherapper/israel-sparring-chance-the-rapper-noname-gypsy

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Quantum of Phallus posted:

check out Rich Forever, best thing he's done

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
808s and Graduation are his best works but I admit I've never listened to MBDTF.

I dunno. Just never happened.

Also, gently caress Gucci needs to get out because Jeezy's flow is so loving terrible. Anything post-Recession has been the same loving thing. Say what you will about the Gooch but he's got versatile flow.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Free Gucci, free Offset, free Max B

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Boywhiz88 posted:

808s and Graduation are his best works but I admit I've never listened to MBDTF.

You really need to rectify this

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

Say what???

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Boywhiz88 posted:

I dunno. Just never happened.

Also, gently caress Gucci needs to get out because Jeezy's flow is so loving terrible. Anything post-Recession has been the same loving thing. Say what you will about the Gooch but he's got versatile flow.

Free the dumb trap rapper and gently caress the rapper that actually inspires dudes in the trap ok

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

You left his son to be a bastard won't even raise ya own boy

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

in what world do you live in where kanye hasn't been killing every guest verse and yeezus wasnt the best album of 2013

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4YWuLo5uRg

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Profondo Rosso posted:

in what world do you live in where kanye hasn't been killing every guest verse and yeezus wasnt the best album of 2013

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4YWuLo5uRg

Bruh

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Profondo Rosso posted:

kanye's SA account spotted

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

man remember

your man was on stage dressed like a family member

unclenutzzy
Jun 6, 2007

Profondo Rosso posted:

my name is my name

WOOOO

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Heems just dicked all over Lil Dicky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

they both suck