Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

What a long prologue.

What a confusing prologue.

What an awesome prologue.

What a long, confusing, awesome prologue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

is anyone else getting a launch crash

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is it worth running through ground zeroes real fast before jumping in to phantom pain?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah.
Dark, but there was also a flaming space whale and Volgin on fire on a horse on fire and lots of Mantis stuff. It's definitely still a Metal Gear game.

I A-ranked it. Codename Chick. Aww, that chick is so cute :3:

And best bro showing up all white knight on a white horse to save me :swoon:

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Khanstant posted:

Is it worth running through ground zeroes real fast before jumping in to phantom pain?

Yes

Just play the original ground zeroes mission it'll be like 45-1h with cut scenes, then you're done for the game!

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Khanstant posted:

Probably since GZ's story is only 2 hours long, and it has the same control scheme. It will make the opening 1% less confusing also.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

acai moonsault posted:

is anyone else getting a launch crash

seems anyone with an AMD phenom is going to get a crash on launch every time, gg boys

handsome only face fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 1, 2015

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Urthor posted:

Yes

Just play the original ground zeroes mission it'll be like 45-1h with cut scenes, then you're done for the game!

thats exactly what i settled on, itll be done in 5 minutes :D

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

In the prologue do you have to kill anyone?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Just a heads up, Steam servers are not up yet so no online functions are available yet. This includes GZ import.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Terminally Bored posted:

Just a heads up, Steam servers are not up yet so no online functions are available yet. This includes GZ import.

I got my GZ import working fine it seemed? It said there would be extra soldiers waiting for me

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Starring
Punished "Venom" Snake

:rock:

e: Hahahah holy poo poo, they even tell you what kind of sunglasses Ocelot is wearing.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Terminally Bored posted:

xbone servers are down too.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That prologue was some of the most horrifying and terrifying stuff I've ever seen in a video game.

I started the first proper mission but decided I am too tired to deal with actual gameplay as soon as I got to the first actual set of guards. That'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Stormgale posted:

In the prologue do you have to kill anyone?

You're intended to, but the stats suggest you could not if you chose.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The draw distance, oh my god :swoon:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Funkmaster General posted:

You're intended to, but the stats suggest you could not if you chose.

I presume in the (prologue spoilers)

Main hall you can just run for the exit but i'm not sure about the two guys after you get a pistol

Still got an S rank so I am not exactly sweating it

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Stormgale posted:

I got my GZ import working fine it seemed? It said there would be extra soldiers waiting for me

Pretty sure that was a pre-order bonus, not GZ import.

I'm just going to fart around tonight and familiarize myself with things, no consequence. I'll import tomorrow on a new save.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Eugh, download finished but I gotta go to bed in like half an hour. Not even worth starting with that little time :smith:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Eugh, download finished but I gotta go to bed in like half an hour. Not even worth starting with that little time :smith:

Just save it. The prologue deserves to be played through in one sitting.

Caros
May 14, 2008

a7m2 posted:

gotta love chinese internet

I'm on lovely Canadian internet and I had the same problem. Try fiddling around with your download location in steam, sped mine up from 220kb/s to ~1.6-2.6 mb/s.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Game crashes on startup on AMD Phenom II CPUs :thumbsup:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Regy Rusty posted:

Just save it. The prologue deserves to be played through in one sitting.

Sounds like a plot. Unfortunate that I gotta wait, but sleep is better and more important :v:

How long is the prologue? Like an hour?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Ciaphas posted:

Sounds like a plot. Unfortunate that I gotta wait, but sleep is better and more important :v:

How long is the prologue? Like an hour?

At least

E. Is Hideo leaving his mark by putting Directed By Hideo Kojima after every single section? Seems so

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 1, 2015

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

Coughing Hobo posted:

Fuuuck an hour to go on my download and this is my CPU.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Coughing Hobo posted:

Sweet. Great. Awesome.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Dear Steam: It's ok to allow pre-loads for games which have already broken street date by like a week.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
good god, that intro was amazing. RIP P.T.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

tvgm2 posted:

I love you all. I had to put my dog down tonight, but this stupid thread and game have made it less miserable. Thank you.

http://youtu.be/-JN6umSPkjk

Sgt. Briar
Jun 28, 2014

Coughing Hobo posted:

fuuuuuuuuck please tell me this is a cruel joke

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I just got rescued by Ocelot and the game says its "installing game data" and its been siting here at 472 seconds for a while. Is this suppose to happen? At first I thought my game froze and went back to the ps4 main menu but its doing it again.

Not impressed with the performance so far.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is your install done?

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is there suppose to be some sort of indicator? I thought the PS4 downloaded and installed everything the second I put in the disc. I left the PS4 alone before I started playing.

Is it suppose to sit at a black screen saying "Installing game data Do not turn off the system 472 seconds. It's just sitting here doing nothing.

Like I don't expect the online stuff to work at launch, but the single player game? Come on!

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Devs are looking into the AMD Phenom issues:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/287700/discussions/0/527273983048392510/#c527273983048563058

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

well that certainly was a prologue

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Hmmm. To get GZ bonus stuff you have to upload from GZ then download to TPP?

gently caress me kojima that's loving odd.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

acai moonsault posted:

seems anyone with an AMD phenom is going to get a crash on launch every time, gg boys

gently caress meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

edit: crashes on startup got damnit

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I finished the intro and I'm so goddamn confused. Like I'm laughing my rear end off because I thought Vulgin was just Snake tripping out but nope. He's loving Goku I guess.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
A Hideo Kojima Game

Metal Gear Solid V: Opening and Closing Credits simulator

Written, produced and directed by Hideo Kojima

(I got killed at the absolute first place you can get killed, straight away. The game should have just went - "here - take the chicken hat" right there)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I know this is rubbing salt in the wound but why do devs gently caress up the launch for AMD users Every. Single. Time. You would think they could recognize a pattern

• Locked thread