Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

v1ld posted:

The cave, you mean? Yeah. I've uploaded a save at the end of that whole sequence. Copy the 2 files named "cave end dkz02" to your savegames folder and then talk to the guy nearest to you when you load in to get back to Cordon where you can now talk to Sid. Be sure to inspect the new body by the underpass near the village with the jeep in it - that starts the main new quest chain.

:thumbsup: Thanks much, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VStraken
Oct 27, 2013
A full reinstall looks like it did the trick. I probably messed up somewhere after I tried to fix the crashing problem from earlier. We'll see how the rest of this goes...

VStraken
Oct 27, 2013
... and it just started doing it again. I used the post-cave save, played around normally for a little, and when I had to close the game and start it up again it screwed up again. The only optional things I installed was the SWO and the Atmosfear blowouts.I saved a copy of the gamedata folder before putting SWO in so I'm gonna see if reverting to that fixes it. Other than that, I'm not sure what I can do... would Kingo64's shaders help? Maybe turning prefetch back on? There's probably a bunch of fancy visual/texture settings that can't be accessed from the game options menu, like the depth of field and the camera effect you get when you spin around real fast, maybe if I mess with those?

VStraken fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 22, 2015

RenegadeZombie
Jan 21, 2013

VStraken posted:

... and it just started doing it again. I used the post-cave save, played around normally for a little, and when I had to close the game and start it up again it screwed up again. The only optional things I installed was the SWO and the Atmosfear blowouts.I saved a copy of the gamedata folder before putting SWO in so I'm gonna see if reverting to that fixes it. Other than that, I'm not sure what I can do... would Kingo64's shaders help? Maybe turning prefetch back on? There's probably a bunch of fancy visual/texture settings that can't be accessed from the game options menu, like the depth of field and the camera effect you get when you spin around real fast, maybe if I mess with those?

Having the same transparency issue with what looks like the same NPC as you; the exo soldier at the railway embankment. Thought it was a mod feature til I read your posts. Looks like we're both using SWO, so the issue might be there.

VStraken
Oct 27, 2013

RenegadeZombie posted:

Having the same transparency issue with what looks like the same NPC as you; the exo soldier at the railway embankment. Thought it was a mod feature til I read your posts. Looks like we're both using SWO, so the issue might be there.

Yeah, funny thing is he's not supposed to be even wearing an exo; during the short period of time when it worked, he looked like the basic soldier wearing a du-rag. However, I've rolled back the changes and there still appears to be an issue... might have to do a fresh install yet again :cripes:

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Is the main dude at the military checkpoint in the Cordon supposed to be made out of steel or something? I put 30 5.45 rounds into him and he just keeps on ticking like an Energizer battery. He's the guy that wants 10 bottles of vodka.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Monolith. posted:

Is the main dude at the military checkpoint in the Cordon supposed to be made out of steel or something? I put 30 5.45 rounds into him and he just keeps on ticking like an Energizer battery. He's the guy that wants 10 bottles of vodka.

From what I remember, he is absolutely made of steel. He disappeared not that long after requesting the 10 bottles of vodka from me and then appeared right outside the entrance to the X-19 lab where there was about 15 or so mutants mauling him endlessly. He wasn't even shooting at the mutants, he was just staring at them with his gun drawn. After I killed the mutants, the only dialogue he had was asking about the 10 bottles of vodka with absolutely nothing relating as to what he was doing past the brain scorcher.

VStraken
Oct 27, 2013
So at least part of this issue appears to have to do with user.ltx; I deleted the file (after backing it up), and at least the main menu screen became normal. I changed some settings, loaded up the cave save and the loading screen and HUD became messed up. Pressed escape and the menu messed up. At the very least, it appears to be something settings related...

EDIT: Did a bit more experimenting, and it may be the resolution that was the problem, as I've left it at 1024x768 and it's been going good so far.

Edit 2: found it at last-if I mess with the texture slider at all then it all goes to poo poo

EDIT 3: Everything working well except the exo-suit soldier in the cordon at the checkpoint under the bridge has come back. Not sure what to make of him, he can't be a feature right? I did reinstall SWO after having fixed my big previous problem and I don't recall seeing him then but I could have just missed him.

VStraken fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Aug 22, 2015

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

RenegadeZombie posted:

Transparent Exo suits are part of the game, there's a quest to get one later. I've seen the same exo-wearing soldier patrolling the railroad in this mod and the first Joint Pak.

Monolith. posted:

Major Kuznetzov is virtually indestructible thanks to dAVROs' unTERMINATEable mod which is included. This is on purpose as you don't want quest-givers dying all over the place. You're better off going either of the 2 other routes over the tracks if you're just passing through - the tunnel in particular has 2 nice artifacts for you to pick up too as well as being the target of one of Wolf's early quests.

Talking to Kuznetzov is a good idea. He'll warm up to you once you give him a bottle of Cossacks Vodka and give you various quests as well the opportunity to buy and improve gear. You want to save up your vodka, he's got a lot of good stuff to exchange for it.

Here's the README for the unTERMINATEable mod as adapted to dkz02: http://pastebin.com/r12FmhYr

Wait till you run into Bes at the Garbage, he's blinged out. :c00l:

VStraken posted:

EDIT 3: Everything working well except the exo-suit soldier in the cordon at the checkpoint under the bridge has come back. Not sure what to make of him, he can't be a feature right? I did reinstall SWO after having fixed my big previous problem and I don't recall seeing him then but I could have just missed him.

Cool, good to hear you fixed your issues. Do you know what caused them? Would like to know in case others run into them.

"that can't be a feature, right?" is basically peoplesoup.txt. :)

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

v1ld posted:

Transparent Exo suits are part of the game, there's a quest to get one later. I've seen the same exo-wearing soldier patrolling the railroad in this mod and the first Joint Pak.

Major Kuznetzov is virtually indestructible thanks to dAVROs' unTERMINATEable mod which is included. This is on purpose as you don't want quest-givers dying all over the place. You're better off going either of the 2 other routes over the tracks if you're just passing through - the tunnel in particular has 2 nice artifacts for you to pick up too as well as being the target of one of Wolf's early quests.

Talking to Kuznetzov is a good idea. He'll warm up to you once you give him a bottle of Cossacks Vodka and give you various quests as well the opportunity to buy and improve gear. You want to save up your vodka, he's got a lot of good stuff to exchange for it.

Here's the README for the unTERMINATEable mod as adapted to dkz02: http://pastebin.com/r12FmhYr

Wait till you run into Bes at the Garbage, he's blinged out. :c00l:

Yeah this mod is really cool now that I'm farther into it. How much does DMX actually change up the story? Is finding Strelok even the main quest anymore since it warps me to a different part of the Agroprom underground if I even attempt to go up the tunnel into the hiding place.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Yeah it's still ultimately the main goal but they've sort of changed it up a lot. The main part of DMX is actually incredibly far into the main game. Like, once you're in Pripyat late game.

I'm needing to take a break from working on Radium for a bit and Oblivion Lost 3.0 has been a bit of a disappointment. Might give DMX a go again. Which version is everyone using?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Ddraig posted:

I'm needing to take a break from working on Radium for a bit and Oblivion Lost 3.0 has been a bit of a disappointment. Might give DMX a go again. Which version is everyone using?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ns-dmx-dkz02 or so I think.

RenegadeZombie
Jan 21, 2013

v1ld posted:

Major Kuznetzov is virtually indestructible thanks to dAVROs' unTERMINATEable mod which is included.
Explains why I was having so much trouble fighting my way passed the checkpoint.

v1ld posted:

Thanks for putting together the mod as a simple install, seems I'm in for a ride.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Thanks for uploading this. As someone who's only started playing these games relatively recently, tracking down all the mods people talk about and actually getting them to work is a huge pain in the rear end.

Managed to install everything correctly as far as I can tell, but is there a way to disable the head bob/sway either through the console or editing something? I'm usually not a fan of it in most games and it seems kind of ridiculous in this mod. It feels like my dude is just walking down the road swinging his head left/right 45 degrees with every step. Never understood why games do that.

e: And of course found it 10 mins after asking. First section in gamedata\config\misc\effectors.ltx if anyone else is curious.

VDay fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 22, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
cam_inert is also a big thing in the Steam version, from what I can remember. It basically controls the 'floatiness' of the camera. I think Steam originally set it to 1 or something which means that in situations where the camera should shift slightly, i.e. waking up or the 'damage' animation, instead of being a slight movement it would usually spin you around about 5 times.

It's a console command, so you can adjust it to however you wish.

VStraken
Oct 27, 2013

v1ld posted:

Cool, good to hear you fixed your issues. Do you know what caused them? Would like to know in case others run into them.

Neato! I can't wait to grab one of my own.

As for my major problem, it turned out that if I moved the texture slider in the options menu away from the maximum setting, the HUD/menu would all start messing up. I do not exactly how many ticks away from max it takes for the problem to show up, but I do recall having dragged it down to about half and it would happen.

Ddraig: Awesome, I absolutely hate screen sway.

Would anyone happen to know how I could make my character a notch more durable? It takes me at least 2 minutes to load back the game after I die (yes i do need a new computer) so it becomes quite unpleasant to die to really small stuff.

VStraken fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 22, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Actor immunities in actor.ltx, I believe.

I think 1.0 means you'll take full damage from everything. Lower numbers make you more durable to certain things.

VStraken
Oct 27, 2013
Cool, thanks Ddraig.

On another subject, Major Kuznetsov became hostile for no apparent reason, but I've still got the vodka quest active for him. On top of that, he is still invincible. Is there anything that can be done about this?

VStraken fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 24, 2015

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
Well, it seems that the creator of Oblivion Lost has decided that people on the internet were being mean, so he's going to take his ball and go home.

quote:

The mod site was shut down, because nobody is constructive and 99% of the people don't have the willingness to help with testing and giving me meaningful feedback, but can only say how the mod is bad and bugged. The mod was shared in favour since I was not into modding in the last 5 years, and I even gave support during my vacation time, but nevermind. It will be fixed soon (1-2 weeks from august 21 now...) but it won't be posted here. I will share it with my friends only.

Does anybody have a copy hosted somewhere else? Or, failing that, a good suggestion for a mod that scratches a similar itch?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
There's always Oblivion Lost Remake

https://www.reddit.com/r/stalker/comments/297d5u/oblivion_lost_remake_25_olr_25_release_and/

It's what Lost Alpha should have been, i.e. good and not Illuminati fan fiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu5O9Iu9mCM

This has both OL 3.0 and Oblivion Lost Remake

https://mega.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A

I'd recommend Oblivion Lost Remake personally. It's the closest there probably is to the original SOC before GSC all had a collective meltdown and cut out a ton of cool stuff.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Aug 26, 2015

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Alright so this DMX mod is making me a little crazy. How should I deal with this mission structure? I can't bring the docs back to Wolf as the underpass tunnels nukes me if I touch the electric stuff. I can't hop over the fence because then the other military guys will freak out and shoot me. And before I messed up my save, how the hell am I supposed to deal with the attack Hinds when I have to steal the docs? I thought some of these other mods were difficult but holy moly.

VStraken
Oct 27, 2013

Monolith. posted:

Alright so this DMX mod is making me a little crazy. How should I deal with this mission structure? I can't bring the docs back to Wolf as the underpass tunnels nukes me if I touch the electric stuff. I can't hop over the fence because then the other military guys will freak out and shoot me. And before I messed up my save, how the hell am I supposed to deal with the attack Hinds when I have to steal the docs? I thought some of these other mods were difficult but holy moly.

For the Wolf docs, you have two options aside from the electro tunnel. You can either go to the right of the checkpoint and sneak up to a gap in the fence above the soldiers but you have to make absolutely sure you are not seen by them; once you're by the cars further to the right you can jump onto one of them and over the other fence or sprint and jump at the fence. Or, you could go all the way to the left past another patrol of soldiers, and sprintjump over the radioactive part of the rails - it's really close to the blocked off rail tunnel. Beware, if any of the soldiers in that other patrol sees you or dies to you, Kuznetsov could become hostile. I had to roll back my game quite a ways when I figured that out in order to keep him on good terms with me.

As for the Hinds, are you referring to the Agroprom docs? After you grab the docs and the Hind comes in, go to the roof and find the ladder when Hind finishes an attack run. Don't worry about climbing down, just run up to it as close as possible.

VStraken fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 27, 2015

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Monolith. posted:

You can go through the gap in the fence on the right side of the bridge, above the 4 guards - there's a gap where the fence comes up to the bridge. There's a permanent anomaly there that will blur your vision as you come up to it, but no harm done if you go to the right along the tracks right away. You can then jump the fence from the tracks.

A translated guide Is useful to me when playing any of the soups. Grab the pdf one from here - It's tough to use honestly, but better than nothing.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Ddraig posted:

There's always Oblivion Lost Remake

https://www.reddit.com/r/stalker/comments/297d5u/oblivion_lost_remake_25_olr_25_release_and/

It's what Lost Alpha should have been, i.e. good and not Illuminati fan fiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu5O9Iu9mCM

This has both OL 3.0 and Oblivion Lost Remake

https://mega.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A

I'd recommend Oblivion Lost Remake personally. It's the closest there probably is to the original SOC before GSC all had a collective meltdown and cut out a ton of cool stuff.

Okay, I think I've got OL Remake installed right; got the english patch installed too. The only problem is that every time I try to open the options menu, everything crashes, and though I could theoretically just modify the user.ltx when I wanted to alter things, that seems a little inconvenient. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Oh my god this English translation is impossible to parse. I can figure out maybe one sentence out of three.

Lamprey Cannon fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 27, 2015

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Monolith. posted:

I know lots of people have told you about holes and poo poo in the fence, but what I do to go over every time without having to give him a vodka is;

The part of the fence on the right side (If you're coming at the overpass from the second half of the Cordon) near the actual overpass is a part of the fence you can jump over. I've never even tried to not be spotted and it hasn't been a problem so far.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
So Autumn Aurora 2 crashes ALL THE TIME when I die, maybe 25% of deaths don't result in a crash, corrupted save file. Is there a fix for this?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Have you got the latest version with ZRP included? That supposedly reduces the chances of that occurring but it probably doesn't eliminate it entirely.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Arsenal Overhaul 3 came out yesterday: http://www.moddb.com/mods/arsenal-overhaul

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

VDay posted:

Arsenal Overhaul 3 came out yesterday: http://www.moddb.com/mods/arsenal-overhaul

Downloading this right now, was using shoker to tide me over til this came out.

e: shoker is cool as gently caress and has really good animations

Fart Puzzle fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Aug 30, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VDay posted:

the download link on the site isn't currently working.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

frank.club posted:

the download link on the site isn't currently working.

I had to actually register on moddb in order to get the download to work. Mod is pretty cool by the way, lots of guns to sperg over and plenty of AK variants which are pretty much what I always end up rocking in the zone.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
You gotta register. Which I did, cause I just reinstalled CoP.

Download Arsenal, install it + atmosphere (manually).
Fix the EXE for 4gb, add -noprefetch.

Finally, performs acceptably, though the stutters are like 1s on maxxed graphics. Took long enough. I wanna try to get some texture packs going, they're downloading...

New game, <5min later, CTD. Probably atmosfear. I could fresh install with just rsenal but it performed really really poorly, without the exe fix (and perhaps prefetch?) its not even worth it.

I really wanted to get atmosfear and the bundled mod that replaces the tree. Game is ugly as sin to not be running at 60fps. I played it on a lovely computer when it came out at <20fps, not doing that again. I have a 280x, 8gb ram, it's installed on a SSD. I guess it's time to reinstall SoC for Lost Alpha, since I never checked that out.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 31, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Lost Alpha is a standalone, it doesn't require SOC

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
Is there a place I can download it whole, or do I have to do the 4 parts from moddb? The official site(? dezowave.com) is giving me 403.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
To be honest, I don't mind the micro-managing side of Misery as it is. And once I got used to the gameplay, I didn't feel like I had to tone it down so I wouldn't be insta-killed. I am currently replaying for the third time as a Recon and enjoying the hell out of the game.

All those added in bits don't bother me at all. In fact I wouldn't mind being able to strip down useless stuff into useful components rather than have to haul a poo poo-ton of random stuff, only to sell a majority of it.

Now, if they allowed you to strip busted rear end guns for useful parts... Then we're onto something.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
Okay so I upgraded to AA 2.1 for SoC and it's running great, only one crash in 20+ hours of playing.

Is there a way to find out what kind of armor an NPC has because Kruglov's armor is such a jury rigged batch of awesome :dance:

Military Vest, Armored Space Helmet (dat face section tho!), rubberized suit that probably will keep out most things. Mostly. Is it just the green ecologist suit that I already have?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
That doesn't look like an ecologist suit to me - those have the spaceman-style full face visor.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Probably something from the Metro series. It's joked about that Autumn Aurora 2 is brought to you by 4A Games because they use so much Metro stuff in it.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
It made me think someone had ported a mod from fallout over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Looks too poor (in terms of model quality) and too futuristic to be from Metro, but I never completed the second Metro game, so maybe.