Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

busb posted:

LUTR can't get into the game

Now this is just totally fabricated but whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
hammer the nolynch please. i really doubt there's 3 scum.

Byers2142 posted:

I don't disagree with most of this, but again it feels like you're hyping on things that I don't think are scum tells. The big thing to remember is that we don't need to get both scum tomorrow, just one to extend the game and get more info from the next night kill.

thanks dad!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

busb posted:

hammer the nolynch please. i really doubt there's 3 scum.

thanks dad!

3 scum is impossible, or we'd have already lost at 6.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXfUdnmO1oM

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
##vote no lynch

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
everyone had a party and loved each other and no one died. lets just do this till the end of time, man.

NO ON DIE. IT IS NIGHT. PUT IN ACTION PLS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3PjnqgMiEo

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
the day dawns. everyone who was being so friendly and peaceful man, is horrified in shock as their brains are struck with a void of song. ANOTHER SONG IS ERASED OH poo poo

MAGNUS IS KILLED. HE WAS VANILLA TOWN. GOODBYE MAGNUS I BET YOU WERE A GOOD SONG BUT I FORGOT WHICH ONE

DAY BEGIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmOLtTGvsbM

Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (5): Bifauxnen, busb, Byers2142, Look Under The Rock, yuming

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to kill. The current deadline is September 04th, 2015 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 3 days, 9 hours.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:ghost: This is my song because the BAD MOD forgot to post it when I died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs8eoJ_bxDo :ghost:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Magnus was killed because he wouldn't vote me. That implies that scum think they have a town in their pocket to vote me. Combined with his "I'll help you vote Byers" post yesterday without actually voting for me, as though he were hunting for a final town vote, it's Bifauxnen. He's played a solidly average game, but in this game it's been enough to be one of the top three players without arousing suspicion.

I don't think it matters, I expect you're all going to be foolish and vote for me, but Bif is where the vote today should be.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Sounds like you're double bluffing byers

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb posted:

I agree. My plan right now is to vote Byers once we finish all our LYLO chat.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

busb posted:

Nope. It's my best read, and it's not going to make a bit of difference.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

What about LUTR, though?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

What about LUTR, though?

You and LUTR can't be scumbros, same with busb and yuming. Both of those conversation felt legit. So one of you two (you and LUTR) have to be scum, and that post yesterday plus the kill tells me it's you.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

In fact, there's a quick way to prove it. Break the LYLO rule.

##vote Bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Byers2142 posted:

In fact, there's a quick way to prove it. Break the LYLO rule.

##vote Bif

Hahahahaha if you are not scum you are just one more instance of this game doing my head in with all the town lurking and doing either jack poo poo or the worst possible thing.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

For someone who's aware enough to go on at everybody about how no lynch is the best move with our numbers and how you need to not vote early at LYLO you would certainly be aware that if SCUM throws the misvote it wouldn't matter, now would it?

Thanks for making my decision easier, I didn't really have time today yet to go re-reading the whole thread just in case of busb.

I'm not gonna vote you yet though. Cause it's LYLO and the others haven't weighed in yet, and I at least am not scum.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
My only wariness for bif comes from merk, i can understand if there's some question about me because of my hounding of magnus, but i stand by that there was nothing townie to infer about any of his actions.

My best guess right now is LUTR/byers.

if its yuming and she wins in the end it will be a hollow victory :)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

busb posted:

My only wariness for bif comes from merk, i can understand if there's some question about me because of my hounding of magnus, but i stand by that there was nothing townie to infer about any of his actions.

My best guess right now is LUTR/byers.

if its yuming and she wins in the end it will be a hollow victory :)

Nothing townie, but nothing scummy either.

I don't think it's LUTR/yuming, because then the lurker kills don't make sense. And I'd point out, if it were me I'd have killed yuming by now at night.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb posted:

Same, I'd been really planning on lynching him today cause even if Byers had me second-guessing all the time, at least Magnus was scum for sure so we could get him first.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Byers2142 posted:

Nothing townie, but nothing scummy either.

I don't think it's LUTR/yuming, because then the lurker kills don't make sense. And I'd point out, if it were me I'd have killed yuming by now at night.

So you think busb is my scumbro, then?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

So you think busb is my scumbro, then?

busb or yuming, yes. I was specifically saying it likely wasn't the team LUTR/yuming.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
hey byers, go back and read day1 and my interactions with merk and tell me if they feel fake to you

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

busb posted:

I can literally only remember merk replacing out of two games, both ones i ran... now this one...

i think merk hates me irl.

##vote imgay

no chance we're going to get enough people to lynch LUTR unless others show up.

I see a lot of things like this, where you weren't really pushing merk or talking with him. It's not fake, but it's also not really meaningful at this point in the game.

I really don't want it to be a busb/Bif, team, because then it's literally two players who replaced out for scum while every loving town player decided to be a lovely lurker. In that case, town wouldn't deserve to win.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

mafia edit: by talking with him, it was more like you were talking at him, if that makes sense.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Byers2142 posted:

mafia edit: by talking with him, it was more like you were talking at him, if that makes sense.

This is true, as merk actually doesn't like me he never deigns to talk to me and just ignores me.

Anyway i can say with certainty that the two players that were replaced weren't scum, because i know i'm not! phew byers what a relief hey!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Byers2142 posted:

I see a lot of things like this, where you weren't really pushing merk or talking with him. It's not fake, but it's also not really meaningful at this point in the game.

I really don't want it to be a busb/Bif, team, because then it's literally two players who replaced out for scum while every loving town player decided to be a lovely lurker. In that case, town wouldn't deserve to win.

This sounds like you're finally explaining the narrative you were aiming for today when you NKed Magnus.

You should've just killed someone else so I could mislynch Magnus for you though, would've been easier.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

This sounds like you're finally explaining the narrative you were aiming for today when you NKed Magnus.

You should've just killed someone else so I could mislynch Magnus for you though, would've been easier.

Yeah, I'm not that stupid to kill Magnus, nice try.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Byers2142 posted:

Yeah, I'm not that stupid to kill Magnus, nice try.

If you were town, you are certainly stupid enough to throw out that misvote on me at LYLO so that angle's not gonna work.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

In fact, LUTR/busb/yuming, notice the change in tone from Bif right now. My vote forces the fact that one of the two of us are scum, and he needs to convince you to vote me. He's pressing, when if he were town he wouldn't need to.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

If you were town, you are certainly stupid enough to throw out that misvote on me at LYLO so that angle's not gonna work.

It's not stupid, it's a gambit.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
(Bif's a grrl)

The only thing that makes me still pause is who byers would think would vote with him.

LUTR would probably vote with him, but yuming has thought byers was scum since day1. so he'd need me, and i would have voted for magnus way before byers.

drat this wifom :argh:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

busb posted:

(Bif's a grrl)

The only thing that makes me still pause is who byers would think would vote with him.

LUTR would probably vote with him, but yuming has thought byers was scum since day1. so he'd need me, and i would have voted for magnus way before byers.

drat this wifom :argh:

LUTR's been saying I'm scum since D1, also. The only person who may have voted with me is you, and that vote would have been on Magnus or yuming.

Sorry, Bif, I always assume people on the Internet are guys!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Please explain to me what your breaking the LYLO rule is supposed to "prove". You were rushing yesterday under the cover of townie calculations so we'd end up in this very situation where one misvote is all you need. All while back flipping around to deny the very thing you said yesterday: you don't vote early at LYLO.

You want people to believe that this vote proves I'm scum, cause if it was a misvote scum would've jumped on it and won the game!

And you want it to move fast enough so no one remembers that actually, it could also prove that you are scum. The scum can't rush in to finish the job if they are the ones who have already cast their votes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Byers2142 posted:

In fact, LUTR/busb/yuming, notice the change in tone from Bif right now. My vote forces the fact that one of the two of us are scum, and he needs to convince you to vote me. He's pressing, when if he were town he wouldn't need to.

This is also a very calculated convenient narrative. Why the hell wouldn't my tone change when you've just proven to me you have to be scum by making your LYLO move?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I think we should all chill until yuming/lutr get here.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Please explain to me what your breaking the LYLO rule is supposed to "prove". You were rushing yesterday under the cover of townie calculations so we'd end up in this very situation where one misvote is all you need. All while back flipping around to deny the very thing you said yesterday: you don't vote early at LYLO.

You want people to believe that this vote proves I'm scum, cause if it was a misvote scum would've jumped on it and won the game!

And you want it to move fast enough so no one remembers that actually, it could also prove that you are scum. The scum can't rush in to finish the job if they are the ones who have already cast their votes.

I've spent the last hour :f5:ing to unvote, but there's no sign of scum jumping on the vote, so it increasingly proves that one of us is scum. For me, it is meant to prove that I was right in my read of you and LUTR, that it's you and not her because I know my own alignment.

It's a gambit, but it means I've been stuck at the computer for the last hour to try and unvote in the midst of a scum rush because without this play I don't think we had a chance.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Byers2142 posted:

How more wrong could this be? With me being town you are either scum, or you have just won this game for the scum unless you unvote before they both show up to coordinate the hammer. Oh gee whiz I should just sit back and relax!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

busb posted:

This is the problem. busb/LUTR could be a scum team and busb's just been buying time to wait for LUTR to return.

To be honest, if yuming is town spacebutt should have given scum the win anyway because she should have been modkilled yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb posted:

Note that Byers is acting like his gambit means anything when 2 players haven't shown up at all.

• Locked thread