Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It's up in English now too, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
God, I am anxious for Saitaman to competently no sell everything. I don't know why, but even after 100+ chapters, it never fails to crack me up.

e X fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 1, 2015

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I constantly laugh at him no-selling everything too. It's the way he isn't smug, just bored and slightly impatient.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Wait a minute, if she's adopted, does that mean Fubuki isn't her actual sister? .....could she be related by blood with Saitama??

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I'm pretty sure the implication is that they're blood related, but were both adopted by the same foster parents.

e: They being Fubuki and Tatsumaki, of course

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 1, 2015

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wait a minute, if she's adopted, does that mean Fubuki isn't her actual sister? .....could she be related by blood with Saitama??

Saitama's genetics are normal. He did everything with training.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Please let this happen. I know something's going to interrupt and it won't but I want them to finally fight so much.

This will make me angry. THIS FIGHT MUST HAPPEN.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
Finally that fight we've all been waiting for. "The Caped Baldy" vs. "The Home Wrecker"

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I Just finished rereading this from where the Murata version leaves off and am thinking of things that are foreshadowed that we still have yet to see.

-There's the mad cyborg Genos is after, which Engine Knight hinted to him may have been Metal Knight, plus Metal Knight has his eyes on Saitama after he wrecked the Hero Association HQ's defense robots.
-Then there is the "God" that killed Homeless Emperor before he could explain himself to Zombieman. Additionally, Handsome Mask appeared to become all scarred up when he was getting angry at the group of idolboys, and his scarring greatly resembled the look of the God. Perhaps there's a connection there? Either way I believe both of them are going to become important at some point, whether or not they're connected.
-The whole deal with Blast, the S Rank #1 hero; he's bound to show up at some point.
-I don't think we've seen the last of Garou after he got away after Saitama's defeat.
-There's whatever Psykos saw when she looked into the future that drove her to attempt to destroy humanity
-Black Sperm and Rover are now hidden inside Hero Association HQ as animals. I doubt they're going to do much, but there's always the possibility.
-The immediate fight between Saitama and Tatsumaki
-I think Engine Knight is the only S ranker aside from Blast that we haven't seen their power, so he's probably going to show up and do stuff soon.

I can't think of any other leads at the moment so I might have missed a few.

Davinci fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 19, 2015

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
We haven't seen watchdogman do anything, sadly. And it is weird as hell to call the fight with Tatsumaki foreshadowing, because that is just the current story arc. Like, I guess technically a couple people going "we're gonna fight now" immediately before they fight counts, but it is still weird.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Watchdogman presumably is pretty strong.
He did first appear all bloody on a mountain of corpses.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I hope Garou joins the harem.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

PaganGoatPants posted:

I hope Garou joins the harem.

This is the only option that makes sense, really.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Davinci posted:

-Black Sperm and Rover are now hidden inside Hero Association HQ as animals. I doubt they're going to do much, but there's always the possibility.

I don't want to spoil anything but if you read Mob Psycho 100 you'll get a good idea of the way Black Sperm is likely to go. Rover's a dog, but also a monster, he's gonna do doggy things, monstrously.

Both are probably going to freak out and annoy King. Genos will probably take Saitama at his word that they're just weird dogs.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I'm under the impression it wasn't his blood.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

I don't want to spoil anything but if you read Mob Psycho 100 you'll get a good idea of the way Black Sperm is likely to go.

I've read Mob Psycho and I don't remember Black Sperm showing up at all. Mind giving a quick refresher?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Davinci posted:

I've read Mob Psycho and I don't remember Black Sperm showing up at all. Mind giving a quick refresher?

Dimples.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Oooooh, I get what you mean now.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Dimple is a cool guy but that relationship can't work out because Saitama somehow gives less of a drat than Mob.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Shugojin posted:

Dimple is a cool guy but that relationship can't work out because Saitama somehow gives less of a drat than Mob.

That's because Mob Psycho is about Mob discovering that he does actually give a poo poo.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Still, I'd like to know if he has an actual power. A lot of the S-Class are just "really loving strong" but applied in different ways. Like Lightspeed Flash is super fast and Superalloy Darkshine is invulnerable. Heroes with actual "metahuman" abilities that aren't just training or technology are pretty rare. There's like... the psychic sisters, Zombieman and Sweet Mask?

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 20, 2015

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
quote=/ edit

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

Still, I'd like to know if he has an actual power. A lot of the S-Class are just "really loving strong" but applied in different ways. Like Lightspeed Flash is super fast and Superalloy Darkshine is invulnerable. Heroes with actual "metahuman" abilities that aren't just training or technology are pretty rare. There's like... the psychic sisters, Zombieman and Sweet Mask?

We don't actually know what Watchdogman's power is. He just wears a dog suit and beats the hell out of things but none of it has been actually shown.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He might just be batman, but in a dog suit.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New chapter up, finally.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

It been like 2 months :toot:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I lost my poo poo at "It was like a car crashed into me..." and "Naw man,you really got hit by a car."

I loving love One's comedy.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That was pretty good, yeah.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The most specific thing I love in fiction is when someone wonders if a strong character is actually a wizard. There's something I just can't put my finger on that makes me adore sentences that are like "Maybe he's a Wizard??"

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

We waited two months for that?

It literally ends right where we were at last time haha, talk about getting blue balled

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Parrotine posted:

We waited two months for that?

It literally ends right where we were at last time haha, talk about getting blue balled

Welcome to ONE's world, where the author really wishes you were reading Mob Psycho 100 instead.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The most specific thing I love in fiction is when someone wonders if a strong character is actually a wizard. There's something I just can't put my finger on that makes me adore sentences that are like "Maybe he's a Wizard??"

This checks out. Wizards are bullshit.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Welcome to ONE's world, where the author really wishes you were reading Mob Psycho 100 instead.

If he really wants me to read it he'll hire Murata to redraw it

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Parrotine posted:

If he really wants me to read it he'll hire Murata to redraw it

While that would be fantastic, it already looks pretty good. You should read it!

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I think the characters and writing are just better in One-Punch Man. Or, at least the story is more compelling to me. I read both, but I look forward to OPM far more, and that includes the original version, not the redrawn stuff, which I also enjoy.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, Mob Psycho is pretty great and everyone should read it, but given a choice between the two I'd take more OPM every time. :shrug:

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
These chapters always start out about 1/3 complete and then he fairly quickly adds the next 2/3. Remember that fairly quickly is a relative term though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Asimo posted:

Yeah, Mob Psycho is pretty great and everyone should read it, but given a choice between the two I'd take more OPM every time. :shrug:

MP100 is really good and shares a lot of themes with OPM, even though it tackles them in different ways.
For real tho compare the Garou arc quality to this one's, Like it's not just the technical quality he got better at, but composition, mood and expressions. I'd attribute that to the practice he got from doing Mob Psycho.

And get out if you can't appreciate Reigen.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I lost my poo poo at "It was like a car crashed into me..." and "Naw man,you really got hit by a car."

I loving love One's comedy.
that killed me.

"You should really stop wearing headphones when you fight dude"

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

New chapter underway, here it is so far
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r8eq8d3z6124nt8/One_Punch_Man_%28ONE%29_102.zip

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

I really wonder how she's gonna react to defeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

I really wonder how she's gonna react to defeat

Very well I'm sure