Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Getting more aggressive with the crate training but he's still not having it. He's getter better, though. Not a fan of that bed I guess

For crates, we found that a memory foam bathmat from Costco was Reggie's favorite crate liner. It's fairly flat, but still squishy and soft. He has one in both his crate in the living room, and in the bedroom, and he treats them like his "dens." He has a big fluffy bed, but he almost never uses it in favor of the crates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Weltlich posted:

, or Dobermans that adopt a doll and treat it like a real baby.

Wait what

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Weltlich posted:

Dobermans that adopt a doll and treat it like a real baby.

:3:

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

What's it like living with a land shark

I don't know: neither of them belong to me.
I can tell you that Millie's favorite greeting move is 'nut punch'.
Guided sack-seeking landshark.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Dobbies are stupidly loyal and protective. If you don't pay attention to them or don't allow them to be your pal they'll find something else to guard.

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

best dogge

KingPave
Jul 18, 2007
eeee!~

evil_bunnY posted:

Dobbies are stupidly loyal and protective. If you don't pay attention to them or don't allow them to be your pal they'll find something else to guard.

Rottweilers too. When I was growing up, the next door neighbour had a Rottie that decided that our house was worth guarding as well as his. If you ran, he'd chase after you all angry. Stop and walk and he was fine with that.

Totally ignored our Golden Retriever and believed all the property was his to guard. Got his rear end kicked by our Golden Retriever several times, but still kept coming back.

I miss both of them, now that I think about it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I like all of these dogges

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Leather Bear posted:

I like all of these dogges

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

I don't know: neither of them belong to me.
Guided sack-seeking landshark.

My kinda dog

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
"Warning: property guarded by testicle-destroying malinois"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Weltlich posted:

For crates, we found that a memory foam bathmat from Costco was Reggie's favorite crate liner. It's fairly flat, but still squishy and soft. He has one in both his crate in the living room, and in the bedroom, and he treats them like his "dens." He has a big fluffy bed, but he almost never uses it in favor of the crates.

Sorry missed this. Yeah I think it's just maybe too warm for the actual beds. He never uses either of them unless he's wet he uses the one outside. That's a pretty good idea though with the bath mat, I'll try it out. His crate is pretty small so I might have to cut it then he'll be more likely to tear it apart though.

I'm aggressively working on the crate training and following all the steps. Still thinks I'm never coming back. Tried leaving some low volume music on and it seems to help a bit. Might put him in front of the TV next time. Haven't watched TV yet with him around so not sure how he'll react.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Getting more aggressive with the crate training but he's still not having it. He's getter better, though. Not a fan of that bed I guess

My dogs have all done much better in wire kennels with metal pans like this:

They can keep an eye on everything going on around them, especially family members and enemy intruders guests, and the pan is relatively cool in the summer—feels good on the tummy. My GSD actually preferred to hang out in it for most of the day since it was centrally located, within sight of most of the house.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 2, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah that makes sense. I read they like it covered because it's more akin to a den but probably applicable at night only.

Where's the best place to leave the crate when I Ieave? My room?

I'm trying to crate him at night near me with the crate facing me but he usually wines around 1-2 AM and starts barking at me. But just barely started.

I got the crate with him but I might look into the wire ones instead. I mean should I bother? It's what he was using before and when I first got him and he was scared it was his little safe zone. Just wondering if it'll confuse him

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 2, 2015

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I got the crate with him but I might look into the wire ones instead. I mean should I bother? It's what he was using before and when I first got him and he was scared it was his little safe zone. Just wondering if it'll confuse him

The crate I was talking about in my earlier post? I was referring to the wire crate with the panned bottom. Giving them the chance to really look around during the daytime, but also have the ability to cover it with some kind of blanket to feel den-like is way good.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I was just wondering if being 7 months old now it'd throw him off. Still going to probably get one. Thankfully finishing up school here soon and will have some free time for a bit so I can really focus on training him and probably some sort of obedience training or school I don't know. I don't care if he rolls over but don't want him to become defiant as he matures and gains confidence. Curious to see how he'll be after being neutered next week.

No leash training is still going surprisingly good. Pretty much as long as there's no other dogs within sight I can take him out and about without a leash and he generally stays within a certain vicinity and waits for me if he goes too far or around a corner

So pretty much when I stumble home from the bars I feel like this

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 2, 2015

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

The crate I was talking about in my earlier post? I was referring to the wire crate with the panned bottom. Giving them the chance to really look around during the daytime, but also have the ability to cover it with some kind of blanket to feel den-like is way good.

Another thing that helps is to, like, run up and down the stairs or work out or something, then rub your sweaty body all over a blanket or stuffed toy. Dogs find that super comforting because it's like their favorite human is right there next to them.

I did that when my family got our lab puppy when I was a kid. Rubbed a stuffed alligator in my armpits. That was the only toy Gus didn't try to destroy. He carried it around like a teddy bear.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I remember someone here saying heavily used socks in the crate

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

at the date posted:

My dogs have all done much better in wire kennels with metal pans like this:

They can keep an eye on everything going on around them, especially family members and enemy intruders guests, and the pan is relatively cool in the summer—feels good on the tummy. My GSD actually preferred to hang out in it for most of the day since it was centrally located, within sight of most of the house.

My old GSD/Shar pei mutt loved his crate and would spend half his day in it or near it.

Our old Sheltie/chow wanted nothing to do with hers.

Our new Lab/collie is confused by it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

:3: They're just so cute.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcLEBOeFaSo

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Hi dog thread

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

a good pup

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:dogge:

- edit just ordered 2 extra wide pet gates! Bastard can scale short fences. So I can see how he likes been left on the patio or kitchen depending how long I leave

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 4, 2015

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
I got a dog, Her name is Piper, here is a bad picture of her

Spunky Junior Reporter! fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 5, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

http://youtu.be/YTGY7wLd20Y

This video makes me happy

Totally forgot about this one

http://youtu.be/bim01gFuvNE

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 4, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Golden-i posted:

Hi dog thread

Hello, Dogface!

would fulton for my petting zoo platform

Turtle Dad 420
Jul 16, 2011

Turtle Time Erryday
We took the kids to the pond today, neither of them had been in the water before so it was a fun experience.

Turtle Dad 420 fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 5, 2015

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Lot of awesome dogges on this page (And every other one before it)

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Kadi in the water, she knows we won't go out there to get her, but she'll give you this look to see if she can goad you into jumping in.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Tired dogge.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Labradors seem to lack pain receptors

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Turtle Dad 420 posted:

We took the kids to the pond today, neither of them had been in the water before so it was a fun experience.

Hi Zelda

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

fromoutofnowhere posted:

Kadi in the water, she knows we won't go out there to get her, but she'll give you this look to see if she can goad you into jumping in.

That's not a dogge, that's loving bear. Still should get pettes though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

http://youtu.be/Xa-u4MgGo1M

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
http://imgur.com/5Qmkb6W.gif

This is Bruce, my boxer/Beagle mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

"And now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men."