Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

this sun is so loving nice... t-minus 19 minutes :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011
Just got off a plane, didn't drink a thing. Did I do it wrong?
Edit: back in London for 24 hours. Then flying away again, will try to drink next time.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
last time i went to new street i asked a member of staff for directions and he didnt even know his way round anymore

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tentish klown posted:

Just got off a plane, didn't drink a thing. Did I do it wrong?
Edit: back in London for 24 hours. Then flying away again, will try to drink next time.

you did it all wrong

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

What is a thunderbird bozza? That used to come up in daily reports a lot at an old job

Were you working for JR West?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

ookiimarukochan posted:

Were you working for JR West?

is that an author?

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Ratjaculation posted:

I remember mallards. What is a thunderbird bozza? That used to come up in daily reports a lot at an old job

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_57

Virgin Trains used to use them to rescue their trains when things had gone tits up, or to haul electrics round when the overhead line was off / down routes where there weren't wires if stuff was being dug up on the West Coast Main Line.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

London is... alright

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Bozza posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_57

Virgin Trains used to use them to rescue their trains when things had gone tits up, or to haul electrics round when the overhead line was off / down routes where there weren't wires if stuff was being dug up on the West Coast Main Line.

noice

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i always have a vodka and orange before a flight then nestle my head into the cushion and hold my wifes hand and then spend the entire takeoff screaming inside my head

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Bobby Deluxe did you go for a cheeky nandos

Fluo
May 25, 2007

After the first 30 seconds of take off I'm fine, I've accepted death and just happy to get off the plane safely afterwards

I like being on the wing

Fluo fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 2, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

wish i had some nandos

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm not that fussed about Nando's.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ill kill you

also that was filmed at Vauxhall nandos but there's no outside part to that particular branch. i cannot abide this deception

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

what did i just watch

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Never been to nandos and probably never will

If I want chicken then I'll stick with KFC thank you very much :colbert:

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
I have been for a cheeky Nandos and it was alright.

I prefer a spontaneous burrito.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Bozza posted:

I have been for a cheeky Nandos and it was alright.

I prefer a spontaneous burrito.

The best thing about Nando's were the crisps I haven't seen them about in a while.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ive never been to nandos but i intuitively know i prefer kfc

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
KFC is the best only if you get the gravy

Otherwise I get Chesters

Also I enjoy mgsv

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Matlock Bath/Heights of Abraham is v. pretty

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Also I enjoy a Hideo Kojima game mgsv directed by Hideo Kojima

KONAMI

The extraction tool is hilarious

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
i enjoy it too, its the first mgs game ive played and ive already extracted a bear on that parachute thingy 10/10.

directed by hideo kojima

written and directed by hideo kojima

Fluo
May 25, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

ill kill you

also that was filmed at Vauxhall nandos but there's no outside part to that particular branch. i cannot abide this deception

hahaha

Fluo
May 25, 2007

NaDy posted:

i enjoy it too, its the first mgs game ive played and ive already extracted a bear on that parachute thingy 10/10.

directed by hideo kojima

written and directed by hideo kojima

If you have a ps3 pick up Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection (No Artbook)

It's pretty much metal gear solid 1 and 2 remastered to HD aswell as 3 and 4. Kojima is the bees knees and the whole metal gear solid universe is great, Kojima style is super serious, cheesey, cool and funny. It works really well, if you haven't played any of the past Metal Gear Solids just let it be known Kojima will troll the gently caress out of you. For example in Metal Gear Solid 1 there is a boss you are unable to beat as it predicts what you're going to do, so you take your controller out and put it in the player 2 slot.

Or where you fast forward the clock on the playstation so a boss dies of old age etc (but there is other ways to kill him, its just lol that you can do that)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBqV1CHhXww

Fluo fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Sep 3, 2015

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Fluo posted:

For example in Metal Gear Solid 1 there is a boss you are unable to beat as it predicts what you're going to do, so you take your controller out and put it in the player 2 slot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBqV1CHhXww

If you try that on the similar battle in MGS4 Snake complains about being frozen and Otacon berates you telling you that won't work this time.

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

freelop posted:

Matlock Bath/Heights of Abraham is v. pretty

The parish where I work. When were you here? I will stairs you.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

ignoring all the nes and SNES stuff like snake eater, the main games go mgs 3 (1964), mgs peace walker (1974) mgs ground zero (1975), mgs 5 (1984), metal gear solid (2005), mgs 2 (2007/9) then metal gear solid 4 (2014), theres rising revengeance (2016/18) but that was platinum games and not really much lore apart from abit on raiden

I recommend playing them in order of release though (so mgs1, 2, 3, 4), once you finish 5

Fluo fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Sep 3, 2015

Fluo
May 25, 2007

freelop posted:

If you try that on the similar battle in MGS4 Snake complains about being frozen and Otacon berates you telling you that won't work this time.

hahahha I never tried that lol

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Fluo you missed Peace Walker

You're off the squad, turn in your tranq gun and wolf puppy

E: wait no I'm stupid, you're still in diamond dogs.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

check again :cheerdoge: edited prior to your post too!

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
They are bad games.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

E: wait no I'm stupid, you're still in diamond dogs.

He must have missed it while searching wikipedia so he looks knowledgeable on a subject

Some of the old MGS games are mad over rated imo

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

UncleBlazer posted:

The parish where I work. When were you here? I will stairs you.

I was there on Tuesday.
It was fun how it went from sun to heavy rain with hail to sun within an hour.
The place looks like some sort of model

Fluo posted:

check again :cheerdoge: edited prior to your post too!

What about A!cd?
Couldn't get past the first actual enemy in that game

Fluo
May 25, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

He must have missed it while searching wikipedia so he looks knowledgeable on a subject

Some of the old MGS games are mad over rated imo

go huff some glue dickwad

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Fluo posted:

go huff some glue dickwad

An adhesive is any substance applied to the surfaces of materials that binds them together and resists separation.[1] The term "adhesive" may be used interchangeably with glue, cement, mucilage, or paste.[2]Adjectives may be used in conjunction with the word “adhesive” to describe properties based on the substance's physical or chemical form, the type of materials joined, or conditions under which it is applied.[3]

The use of adhesives offers many advantages over binding techniques such as sewing,mechanical fastening, thermal bonding, etc. These include the ability to bind different materials together, to distribute stress more efficiently across the joint, the cost effectiveness of an easily mechanized process, an improvement in aesthetic design, and increased design flexibility. Disadvantages of adhesive use include decreased stability at high temperatures, relative weakness in bonding large objects with a small bonding surface area, and greater difficulty in separating objects during testing. [4] Adhesives are typically organized by the method of adhesion. These are then organized into reactive and non-reactive adhesives, which refers to whether the adhesive chemically reacts in order to harden. Alternatively they can be organized by whether the raw stock is of natural or synthetic origin, or by their starting physical phase.

Adhesives may be found naturally or produced synthetically. The earliest human use of adhesive-like substances was approximately 200,000 years ago.[5] The first references to adhesives in literature first appeared in approximately 2,000 BCE. The Greeks and Romans made great contributions to the development of adhesives. In Europe, glue was not widely used until the period 1500-1700 CE. From then until the 1900s increases in adhesive use and discovery were relatively gradual. Only since the last century has the development of synthetic adhesives accelerated rapidly, and innovation in the field continues to the present.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Gluo

Fluo
May 25, 2007

woah people know things and remember poo poo from playing said things :wtc: how do you people remember to breath let alone how to use a keyboard

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

DrWrestling69 posted:

An adhesive is any substance applied to the surfaces of materials that binds them together and resists separation.[1] The term "adhesive" may be used interchangeably with glue, cement, mucilage, or paste.[2]Adjectives may be used in conjunction with the word “adhesive” to describe properties based on the substance's physical or chemical form, the type of materials joined, or conditions under which it is applied.[3]

The use of adhesives offers many advantages over binding techniques such as sewing,mechanical fastening, thermal bonding, etc. These include the ability to bind different materials together, to distribute stress more efficiently across the joint, the cost effectiveness of an easily mechanized process, an improvement in aesthetic design, and increased design flexibility. Disadvantages of adhesive use include decreased stability at high temperatures, relative weakness in bonding large objects with a small bonding surface area, and greater difficulty in separating objects during testing. [4] Adhesives are typically organized by the method of adhesion. These are then organized into reactive and non-reactive adhesives, which refers to whether the adhesive chemically reacts in order to harden. Alternatively they can be organized by whether the raw stock is of natural or synthetic origin, or by their starting physical phase.

Adhesives may be found naturally or produced synthetically. The earliest human use of adhesive-like substances was approximately 200,000 years ago.[5] The first references to adhesives in literature first appeared in approximately 2,000 BCE. The Greeks and Romans made great contributions to the development of adhesives. In Europe, glue was not widely used until the period 1500-1700 CE. From then until the 1900s increases in adhesive use and discovery were relatively gradual. Only since the last century has the development of synthetic adhesives accelerated rapidly, and innovation in the field continues to the present.

thank you for the information, this is really helpful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

the best mgs game (which you should buy nady) is twin snakes on gc. hth