Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The file a solid percentage of us probably have has this to say on the next episodes:

quote:

It is highly suggested that you only watch Endless Eight 1, 2, and 8 and skip the other Endless Eight episodes.

As someone who has watched these episodes multiple times, I must say this is good advice. In fact I'd say it's great advice. Great advice that I look forward to ignoring with all of you.

See ya'll on the 11th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

AnoHito posted:

The file a solid percentage of us probably have has this to say on the next episodes:

This is good advice. In fact I'd say it's great advice. Great advice that I look forward to ignoring with all of you.

See ya'll on the 11th.

Yeah, I've been waffling on whether or not to rewatch all eight or a truncated version, but I think I'm going all in. Gonna drink, and watch, and drink, and watch, and drink, and watch, and drink, and watch, and drink, and watch, and drink, and watch, and drink, and watch, and drink, and watch, and pass out.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Yeah, I've been waffling on whether or not to rewatch all eight or a truncated version, but I think I'm going all in. Gonna drink, and watch, and drink, and watch, and drink, and watch, and drink, and watch, and drink, and watch, and drink, and watch, and drink, and watch, and drink, and watch, and pass out.

right and proper

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

gently caress yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've seen endless eight in one sitting three times and I've never been sober past the first episode :cheerdoge:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I can't think of a better way to spend the anniversary of America's darkest hours than to marathon through basically the same episode multiple times. :911:

In Training posted:

I've seen endless eight in one sitting three times and I've never been sober past the first episode :cheerdoge:

We're all going to make such asses of ourselves in this thread. :hfive:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

To note, I have seen the episodes sober separately, of course. But they're tailor made for sweet drinking 'thons

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Big Beers and Anime baby, that's what life is all about

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The still active subreddit devoted exclusively to the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya TV show and film is a must read for thread denizens, btw.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

the guy who posts daily fanart is my my hero

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

lol

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
In the second episode, didn't Haruhi ask Kyon if she had met him before, as if she recognized him? The more I think about this episode, the more :psyduck: I become. I need a large glass of whiskey.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mentat Radnor posted:

In the second episode, didn't Haruhi ask Kyon if she had met him before, as if she recognized him? The more I think about this episode, the more :psyduck: I become. I need a large glass of whiskey.

Yes, she does. And he has no clue what she is talking about at all.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mentat Radnor posted:

the trigger. he didn't know it at the time...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also in Melancholy II when Kyon visits Nagato he tries to open the room and she stops him. Or he gazes longingly at the door, or something. 3 years before they even had the idea of animating that episode.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Mentat Radnor posted:

i think you should watch la jetee

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Radio Spiricom posted:

i think you should watch la jetee

I just googled this and sure, cool!

In Training posted:

Also in Melancholy II when Kyon visits Nagato he tries to open the room and she stops him. Or he gazes longingly at the door, or something. 3 years before they even had the idea of animating that episode.

Jesus.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, I think KyoAni kept most of the little nods to events that hadn't happened yet, even if they weren't planning on animating it. Hence why the further you get into the series, the more you pick up on little innocuous things. Keep in mind that when S1 first aired, Haruhi already had 7 volumes out already so they were able to refer to a lot of things as well as tell their story in non-chronological order. Ironically, they also gave a more coherent narrative order than the LNs since the author would occasionally go back to revisit things after telling a story, so you'd get Endless Eight, Day of Sagittarius, Live Alive, and Adventures of Mikuru Asahina being told after Disappearance.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

In Training posted:

This is one of the reasons I can't help but love this show, even though I think S2 is a big step down. KyoAni just puts so much care into the animation and planning.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So I caught Metal Gear Mania and completely forgot we were doing this until just now, so I'm just going to watch the first episode of season 2 right now and livepost it in here. Ok? Ok.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Go for it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ah, finals. The great joy of being a recent graduate is knowing I'm done with that loving poo poo.

Also, my copies of these episodes apparently only have subs for Season 2, so say hello Japanese VA.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Haruhi is still a thief, I see. The Power Of Love can only accomplish so much, it seems.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Ah, finals. The great joy of being a recent graduate is knowing I'm done with that loving poo poo.

Also, my copies of these episodes apparently only have subs for Season 2, so say hello Japanese VA.

be prepared to fawn over the dulcet tones of aya hirano like the rest of us, my goon sire

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Haruhi, your theory is flawed. Magic is faster than light, obviously.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...How long was the break between Seasons? Something about the art and animation about this animation feels a little different.

Also, Kyon getting some of that sweet harem action.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
About three years.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I like to think that Mikuru just knocked Kyon into 3 years ago.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

maybeflan posted:

About three years.

That explains that. Interesting that we open by going back 3 years, then. Also, hi, Big Mikuru.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Big Mikuru, that's sexual assault you're encouraging there. You probably shouldn't do that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

....gently caress, Little Haruhi is adorable.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Big Mikuru, that's sexual assault you're encouraging there. You probably shouldn't do that.

But still. Yeah. Y'know.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

JOHN SMITSU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I've been neutral on the other characters as far as dub vs sub, but Mikuru's original voice is way better than the dub so far.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

God, those glasses look Real Bad on you, Yuki.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

See? Look how much better that is.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yuki remains The Best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

KYON, YOUVE CREATED A TIME PARADOX. YOU CANT MESS WITH THE PAST KYON

• Locked thread