Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

I don't mind his boring fights, everyone has them.

My biggest complaint about him is that he comes off as a dick. Like when he wouldn't let that fan hold his belt for a picture because "I earned it, they didn't."

It was also weird how long it took him to let go of the GSP fight. Even after the first Lawler fight, when he had the actual belt, he was still going on about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

My biggest complaint about him is that he comes off as a dick. Like when he wouldn't let that fan hold his belt for a picture because "I earned it, they didn't."

lol

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The second Lawler fight was mostly good with like 5 minutes of ball nuzzling.

I guess "fighter was boring for part of a fight, was always boring" is now added to "fighter lost, was always bad".

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

1st AD posted:

then let me tell you about a man called jon jones

Who?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Actually wait here's a more recent picture of him since he put weight on during his layoff

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Ditch posted:

The second Lawler fight was mostly good with like 5 minutes of ball nuzzling.

I guess "fighter was boring for part of a fight, was always boring" is now added to "fighter lost, was always bad".

No one has said that, so you guessed wrong.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Snowman_McK posted:

Johnny Hendricks fights are the best of times and the worst of times.

Pierce, Koscheck, Brown and Lawler 2. However, his fights Condit, Grant and Lawler 1 are all showstoppers.

you're a retard haha

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Snowman_McK posted:

Johnny Hendricks fights are the best of times and the worst of times.

Pierce, Koscheck, Brown and Lawler 2. However, his fights Condit, Grant and Lawler 1 are all showstoppers.

pierce fight was good. lawler 2 was good.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
He's had some fights I enjoyed and some that were eh

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Remember when he robbed Josh Koscheck

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Bundt Cake posted:

Hendricks Lawler 2 was good, despite Hendricks

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Dangersim posted:

He's had some fights I enjoyed and some that were eh

it's really not more complicated then this

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Bundt Cake posted:

It had a good result. It was not a good fight.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
How are people defending Hendricks Lawler 2? It was Robbie being awesome for maybe 5 minutes total, followed by Hendricks practicing his best jock strap imitation for like 20 minutes.

The best part of the fight was the decision announcement (which was pretty spectacular, especially watching it live at a bar).

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
the pierce fight ruled primarily based on the fact that johny was gifted the decision and later lost his poo poo when he lost to GSP, when he's been on the other end of bad decisions himself

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Do yall remember Jon Fitch's skyrim twitter?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

ceaselessfuture posted:

How are people defending Hendricks Lawler 2? It was Robbie being awesome for maybe 5 minutes total, followed by Hendricks practicing his best jock strap imitation for like 20 minutes.

The best part of the fight was the decision announcement (which was pretty spectacular, especially watching it live at a bar).

hendricks out kickboxed robbie for 10 minutes before he gassed, he didn't just lay on him

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

-Atom- posted:

the pierce fight ruled primarily based on the fact that johny was gifted the decision and later lost his poo poo when he lost to GSP, when he's been on the other end of bad decisions himself

So if I'd watched it with the aid of a time machine, it would have been good.

1st AD posted:

hendricks out kickboxed robbie for 10 minutes before he gassed, he didn't just lay on him

If only it had been a ten minute fight, then maybe it wouldn't have averaged out to a really boring fight.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I don't know how you can follow mma at all and think Lawler/Hendricks 2 was a bad fight

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
when lawler almost finished hendricks in the first fight it was so good. he holds onto one side of johny's face with his off hand and just blasts the other side right on the chin so powerfully, i can't believe hendricks survived it and somehow won

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
http://streamable.com/dqox

Conor digging into Faber about Dillashaw being a snake in the grass - I really enjoyed watching this because Conor is just relentless.

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control
Fitch beat Alves who beat Karo who beat Ryo Chonan who beat Anderson who beat Hendo who beat Fedor who beat Big Nog.

I've always wanted to do one of these.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

origami posted:

Conor digging into Faber about Dillashaw being a snake in the grass - I really enjoyed watching this because Conor is just relentless.

Faber just isn't good at comebacks at all. Wonder how Cruz would do with verbal sparring against Conor.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Incendiary Pig posted:

Fitch beat Alves who beat Karo who beat Ryo Chonan who beat Anderson who beat Hendo who beat Fedor who beat Big Nog.

I've always wanted to do one of these.

I made it come full circle and I know I could have left a few out but this is hilarious

Fitch beat Alves
who beat Karo
who beat Ryo Chonan
who beat Anderson
who beat Hendo
who beat Fedor
who beat Big Nog
who beat Randy Couture
who beat Jeremy Horn
who beat Chuck Lidell
who beat Wanderlei Silva
who beat Rampage Jackson
who beat Lyoto Machida
who beat BJ Penn
who had a draw with Fitch

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Judging from the last few pages, the thread title is correct.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Chokes McGee posted:

doo dah, doo dah

I got excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkx9moOlbak

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

He looks like a goon with his shirt off.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

vainman posted:

I don't know how you can follow mma at all and think Lawler/Hendricks 2 was a bad fight

I watched it. And paid to do so.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

kensei posted:

I made it come full circle and I know I could have left a few out but this is hilarious

Fitch beat Alves
who beat Karo
who beat Ryo Chonan
who beat Anderson
who beat Hendo
who beat Fedor
who beat Big Nog
who beat Randy Couture
who beat Jeremy Horn
who beat Chuck Lidell
who beat Wanderlei Silva
who beat Rampage Jackson
who beat Lyoto Machida
who beat BJ Penn
who had a draw with Fitch

this is what Fitch Time is all about

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

Do yall remember Jon Fitch's skyrim twitter?

Yeah it was good

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Sam Stout retired, y'all.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Fitch also choked out Roan Carneiro who is now the number 14 middleweight in the UFC.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Skip My Posts posted:

when lawler almost finished hendricks in the first fight it was so good. he holds onto one side of johny's face with his off hand and just blasts the other side right on the chin so powerfully, i can't believe hendricks survived it and somehow won
Between all the memorable events in that fight series, Lawler's championship ascension is basically the new "legend of Fedor" in terms of MMA mythology. Except it's really objectively great and a joy to watch unfold.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

This is amazing. You can't win an argument with this guy.

1st AD posted:

Wonder how Cruz would do with verbal sparring against Conor.

After the venom that he spit when he was last on Ariel's show, I'd love to see it.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

I don't mind his boring fights, everyone has them.

I don't really have a problem with this, some guys probably look at that belt as the Stanley Cup where you don't pick that thing up over your head unless you've earned it. Heck, a beer company ran an entire commercial campaign where a guy 'stole' the Cup and ran around showing it off -- and at no point did that thing get higher than his chest when he was holding it horizontal despite how awkward it looked.

Not touching it unless you earned it is the same kind of thing only to a further extreme.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

We live in a world where champs have refused to sign children's replica belts because they didn't earn them, and wore their belts while they tricked some poor innocent woman into having sexual relations with their disgusting, smelly bodies. Hendricks is not even mid-grade weird about his belt rules.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Speaking of non-champions,

Pictured: Champion Jose Aldo vs challenger Conor McGregor

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

canoshiz posted:

Speaking of non-champions,

Pictured: Champion Jose Aldo vs challenger Conor McGregor

:lol: how does something of such a poor production value happen?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

origami posted:

He's really goddamn good at fight promotion

I want to see him fight everybody he talks to just because he's so good at selling everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The storm of bleeps when he was calling TJ a snake was funny

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Sep 3, 2015

• Locked thread