Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Can I stream this anywhere?

Or do I just need to buy episodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Can I stream this anywhere?

If you are in the USA its on USA's website I believe.

If not it depends on if you are in a country where streaming is legal (a lot of the EU, including the UK), and even then its :filez: as far as the United States is concerned so its against the sites rules. Think TV companies outside the US are showing it later in the year so you could have to wait a while.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

qbert posted:

CEO isn't worried because Tyrell contacted him letting him know he has the encryption key and wants to make a deal for it. Mr. Robot's allowing E Corp to recover because it's part of a larger overall takedown plan.

Agreed.

There is a lot more going with the CEO. He is completely secure in his position despite overseeing the biggest financial catastrophe in history. He knows about Eliot, is a member of that Illuminati group and is acquainted with White Rose. Even if/when E Corp recovers, it's going to be a shell of its former self, which will likely have a severe financial cost to the CEO, but he is not terribly concerned with the situation. The hack seems to have benefited him - most likely in covering up some other nefarious activity - probably the work of his Illuminati friends. The people at that gathering would have likely lost billions in the fallout from this hack, and no one gave him so much as a dirty look.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

TyrantWD posted:

The people at that gathering would have likely lost billions in the fallout from this hack, and no one gave him so much as a dirty look.

I just chocked that up to aristocracy. They're above it all and insulated.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Dunno about his wife, but Tyrell might. Tyrell does meet with "Mr. Robot" in episode 8 and he implies that he knows his 'dirty little secret' and maybe that's just the fact that he hacks everyone but he seems smart enough that he might know about the personalities. I guess by extension, Tyrell's wife might know because they seem to tell each other most things, at least things that are beneficial to them remaining a power couple.

Honestly I'm having way more fun thinking about some of the lingering questions we've been left with compared to most show finales and I'm definitely going to give this season a re-watch with all the knowledge in hand.

Tyrell had that conversation with his wife after his Mr Robot meeting where he started talking about "seeing God" or something similar, so I assume she's heard a lot more about whatever Tyrell thought he knew about Eliiot/Mr Robot.

Also, this finale Mr Robot had that line to Elliot of "I was supposed to be the Prophet, you were supposed to be the God", what we're supposed to make of that I'm not sure what to think yet

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
That dog is Elliot's tax evasion. He's going to get Capowned.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
I think Elliott and Tyrell were both working for the CEO illuminate unknowingly, and Tyrell realized he was being set up as the fall guy. Would explain how they both showed up at Steel Mountain that day, too. When the CEO said he would "handle" Elliott, it could mean in the CIA sense. If I'm going to jump to that conclusion I'd say that Tyrell's wife was his handler, and it would explain how she knew Elliott so well

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Pretty excited about the season 1 rewatch now that all the episodes are out. I didn't think the final episode was the great, but I'm still a huge fan of the show overall.

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005

Rougey posted:

ITT White Rose participated in the hack in order to get one up on E-CEO for whatever little game they play over those Cobalt mines.

Or he's Nero and just enjoying the music.

It was Coltan, a conflict mineral used to make tantalum capacitors that are in basically every electronic device. Nice detail.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
This episode felt more like a mid season finale than a season one. The ending with BD Wong was sweet and I'm thrilled for the next season.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Why do they say people should be worried? Pretty loving sure having no debt and the possibility of it staying like that is awesome. Not something I would worry about.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

chaosbreather posted:

Did anyone else get a Mind Forever Voyaging vibe from the Times Square scene?

Elliot's an AI and Tyrell is his creator. It all makes sense now. :tinfoil:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pussy Cartel posted:

And Tyrell disappeared because he quantum leaped into the past, with only a hologram of Elliot to guide him, hoping some day the leap he makes will be the leap home.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Holyshoot posted:

Why do they say people should be worried? Pretty loving sure having no debt and the possibility of it staying like that is awesome. Not something I would worry about.

Because the attack also severely screwed up the stock market, too. It wiped the slate clean for debt, but also wiped out a lot of investments in the stock market. Or at least that's my understanding. Everyone working at AllSafe lost their 401(k)'s, for example.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While having all the debt wiped out is good for the individual it is bad for society as a whole since it completely destroys all business and governments.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Tyrell told his wife that what was important waa God. Mr. Robot told Elliott he was supposed to be a God. I don't think Tyrell is fake, but they sure seem to be leading heavily in that direction. I just wonder where they go from here. Season 2 will deal with the fall out of society collapsing,but how important can Elliott really be in a world like that? Pretty exciting season and I'm actually really glad the finale left a ton of questions unanswered.

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:
So much talk and no one compliments the fact that the whole after credits scene was shot in one continuos take of nearly three minutes. Very well done.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Holyshoot posted:

Revolutions aren't cakewalks. They're chaotic, often bloody, and unless you've got a real authority and structure behind them, they leave a power vacuum that will be fought over. Even the American Revolution, which we rightfully celebrate, had its issues, and we had that little "Civil War" thing 80 years later. You know, the one we're still kind of fighting to this day.

Also, all the services and benefits of a society that you've come to rely on - everything from police and fire protection to basic utilities, communication, and road maintenance breaks down quickly when you start disrupting the systems that are in place. All the stuff that gets taken care of before you ever notice it suddenly becomes your problem.

So you may not have debt anymore, but whatever money you did have? That's now worthless, too.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

Caryna posted:

So much talk and no one compliments the fact that the whole after credits scene was shot in one continuos take of nearly three minutes. Very well done.

Yeah I forgot about that. The cinematography is always good on this show though.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Wow holy gently caress I did not realize that BD Wong was Whiterose. Man what a show.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

SalTheBard posted:

Wow holy gently caress I did not realize that BD Wong was Whiterose. Man what a show.

Is it me or did he get swole? My only other reference is from L&O:SVU and I don't remember him being that thick (not fat, mind you), unless wardrobe purposely fitted him like that).

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Did anyone else notice that during Christian Slater's big monologue in Times Square, they bleeped out "Big Mac"?

I love that a show so critical of giant corporations still has to worry about offending a giant corporation.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

qbert posted:

Did anyone else notice that during Christian Slater's big monologue in Times Square, they bleeped out "Big Mac"?

I love that a show so critical of giant corporations still has to worry about offending a giant corporation.

I think it's funnier that a guy blowing his brains out is fine but the f-bomb? Censor it! What time does the show air in America?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

I think it's funnier that a guy blowing his brains out is fine but the f-bomb? Censor it! What time does the show air in America?

Welcome to murica where tities and f bombs are bad but blowing your brains out is A-OK!

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Mega Comrade posted:

10PM. The prevalence of "gently caress" in the script made me think at first this was optioned for like HBO or something but USA bought it, but that apparently isn't even close. I believe the idea is that USA, as a cable network, could get away with it but something to do with advertisers is keeping them away? I'm...not really sure.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Pussy Cartel posted:

I already said that a while back, you know.

SalTheBard posted:

You and me both. You and me both.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

10PM. The prevalence of "gently caress" in the script made me think at first this was optioned for like HBO or something but USA bought it, but that apparently isn't even close. I believe the idea is that USA, as a cable network, could get away with it but something to do with advertisers is keeping them away? I'm...not really sure.

Any basic cable network can air all the fucks and nudity they want. The problem is that no advertiser will pay for a commercial on a show that does those things because every advertiser is essentially trying to be "family friendly". Even alcohol companies try to push that "wholesome, middle America values" angle, because I guess that's where the most drunks live.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Cable TV can air curse words without regulation, but usually advertisers will stay away if they do, so they don't do it often. This is why Comedy Central can air uncensored stuff at night, and why shows like Mr Robot can get away with the language it does (though apparently "gently caress" is still too strong for most sponsors). Advertisers are becoming more lenient as time goes on as long as the content is strong enough and they know the audience won't complain.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Yeah that's about what I thought. Thanks!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The web versions are censored too which is really annoying.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

Kegslayer posted:

Calling it now but his psychiatrist is the one knocking on the door.

This is my guess as well. Given Elliot's recent deterioration, I'm guessing Elliot will realize she will be key in helping him keep his poo poo together and that he may have called her (off screen). Given the convo she had with the cheater/former dog owner, she'd be very receptive to an immediate visit.

Best moment candidate: after having his identity hacked, losing his family, and his mistress, the cheater is really pissed that Elliot took his dog and tells the shrink that as she walks away.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
The person knocking on the door is Shayla and she's alive and well and wondering where he's been.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The door knock was a bit of a weird place to leave Elliot's story. They needed to have set up something where if Character X got to him first it was good, but if Character Y got there first got to him, it was really bad. Right now I have zero suspense as to who is behind the door, because if it was anything important they would've shown it.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I don't know if Sam Esmail has even decided who's behind the door yet. But I still think it will be Darlene.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
For people mentioning the possibility of Elliot being Tyrell, wasn't there a scene early in the season where he tells fsociety about Tyrell's attempt to give him a job and they react because they know who Tyrell is?

I will say there are certainly a whole lot of suspicious/weird scenes specifically between Elliot and Tyrell, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's something there.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

The door knock was a bit of a weird place to leave Elliot's story. They needed to have set up something where if Character X got to him first it was good, but if Character Y got there first got to him, it was really bad. Right now I have zero suspense as to who is behind the door, because if it was anything important they would've shown it.

It was a cool last scene to have for Elliot to end the season on after having the last couple episodes basically both ending with someone at his door, as well as trouble always seeming to visit him at his apartment all season long. While it can guessed at who it will be this time, I doubt Esmail was trying to make it some kinda twist plot puzzle to end the season on.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's fair. I just felt the scene ended on an 'oh' rather than an 'ooh'. Doesn't detract from the season as a whole though, and I'm glad there hasn't been a new, crazy twist to be honest.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Harminoff posted:

So guesses at who was at Elliot's door?

The guy from Awake.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

ashpanash posted:

I don't know if Sam Esmail has even decided who's behind the door yet. But I still think it will be Darlene.

it's gonna be the hacked cheater guy and the first episode of the next season is going to start with Elliot opening the door and getting shot by him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's Jesse Pinkman. Crossover motherfuckers!

• Locked thread