Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Monkeycheese posted:

It's not even out of the realm of possibility that multiple people have independently come up with front slamming a dude out of a suplex lift.
Quiet, you. Jake Roberts stole the DDT from Black Gordman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Cena's springboard stunner and yoshi tonic are the most inane additions to a moveset that I've ever seen. It would be like the Amazing Red suddenly using gorilla press slams and a jackknife.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Cena's springboard stunner and yoshi tonic are the most inane additions to a moveset that I've ever seen. It would be like the Amazing Red suddenly using gorilla press slams and a jackknife.

I'm STILL here to see Cena hit a springboard dragonrana to the outside :colbert:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I'd just like to see him hit the springboard stunner first.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I remember when Hogan first jumped to WCW and was off the juice he was busting out ranas

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
http://m.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=6083475&pl

Is this worth $50?

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

I remember when Hogan first jumped to WCW and was off the juice he was busting out ranas

Link? Hogan being agile is something I need to see for myself.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

ecavalli posted:

Link? Hogan being agile is something I need to see for myself.

Don't worry, he wasn't agile at all. They were Roman Reigns on Big Show level spots

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Don't worry, he wasn't agile at all. They were Roman Reigns on Big Show level spots

Somehow I'm not surprised.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Hoganplex '88 where he somehow manages to execute a vertical suplex on concrete without taking a bump.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
During that time in WCW there are probably 20 times in the Observer that Dave just shits on Hogan for being unable to execute a figure four leglock, it's the best

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
There's a match from 1993 where Hogan wrestled Muta and hit an enzugiri and I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I'll believe Hogan did a hurricanrana when I see it

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I saw Hogan do a 450 moonsault onto Taker in Pride, brother

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I wish more wrestlers would bust out "where the gently caress did that come from" moves occasionally. Makes it feel like they spent their weekend prepping for the match and I'm way into that.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kane once did an honest-to-god Frankensteiner.

Just one more reason why Kane owns, and is the best.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

reignofevil posted:

I wish more wrestlers would bust out "where the gently caress did that come from" moves occasionally. Makes it feel like they spent their weekend prepping for the match and I'm way into that.
Yeah this has become really rare. When a guy pulls out a crazy move these days, it usually just becomes a permanent addition to his moveset. We rarely get something like HHH's random Death Valley Driver in his Benoit match from 2000 (more proof that HHH is truly the best).

EDIT: Also HHH's tiger suplex against Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania 30. Bow down to the king.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 2, 2015

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Thankfully Bayley won't be doing top turnbuckle poisoned ranas every match.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

St Evan Echoes posted:

Kane once did an honest-to-god Frankensteiner.

Just one more reason why Kane owns, and is the best.

Didn't he do those somewhat frequently, at least on guys big enough for it? I know the enzuigiri was a signature for a while at least. Kane was the original indy big man.

Anyway, inane move choice: Buff Bagwell and the Canadian Destroyer. Generally I don't dig the Canadian Destroyer unless it's done off the second rope, but 44-year-old Buff Bagwell doing it was really the craziest thing.

DynamiteKidd fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 2, 2015

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

reignofevil posted:

More to the point it makes wrestling feel like something organic rather than the copy/pasted spot sequences modern wrestling has become.

Also; the first guy I ever saw do an enzuiguri? The Big Boss Man.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Also; the first guy I ever saw do an enzuiguri? The Big Boss Man.

I fully believe this. Big Boss Man had some crazy agility for a guy of his size. It wasn't quite Bam Bam Bigelow doing cartwheels around the ring, but Big Boss Man could pull off some amazing moves in those rare moments when the booking team wrote to his strengths.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What's the audio from that "JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" meme from? It's clearly not any of the WWE announcers.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Minidust posted:

What's the audio from that "JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" meme from? It's clearly not any of the WWE announcers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRRsXxE1KVY

A pretty funny prank phone call.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I never saw much of Khali because his run was mostly during a period when I wasn't watching, and I started watching again just a few months before he got the boot (during which time he was doing basically nothing, he jobbed to Rusev twice and those are the only matches of his I remember)

So my question is, how did people generally beat Khali, did they just use a submission finish? I don't know why but I just realized he probably could never take most impact moves due to either being too heavy to perform the move on or too fragile to not be killed by it. In the first of those Rusev matches I was concerned even the Accolade might be too much for his poor, tortured spine.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I don't remember much about how Khali was beat in general, but when Undertaker was in his big man battling days, he generally seemed to finish with his flying clothesline. If the big guy rarely goes down, knocking them down often seems to be what is needed to get the job done. Count-outs seem to be a big match ender in these cases as well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Cesaro beat him straight up with the Neutralizer, because he might be treated like a jobber, but he's a loving strong dude. It was so loving impressive.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That Neutralizer was a shoot

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Cesaro beat him straight up with the Neutralizer, because he might be treated like a jobber, but he's a loving strong dude. It was so loving impressive.

He also did the big swing which was quite a sight.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I remember that match. Kind of surprising since I figure the impact of the Neutralizer is actually on your knees...

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I was waiting for Khalis torso to fly off during that swing

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

oldpainless posted:

That Neutralizer was a shoot

Very rare example of the Shootralizer.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

He also did the big swing which was quite a sight.

Especially since you could see Khali smiling and counting along with the ref during the pin.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah I never thought Cesaro would be able to deadlift Khali for the Neutralizer like he did.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

could god make a giant so heavy cesaro couldn't swing it?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

could god make a giant so heavy cesaro couldn't swing it?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Aubergine Mage posted:

Yeah I never thought Cesaro would be able to deadlift Khali for the Neutralizer like he did.

I recall he had trouble doing it with Mark Henry.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

Saturday Morning Slam?

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

AlmightyPants posted:

I'm pretty sure he dropped Big E on his head two different times doing that move.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
(edit): wrong thread

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

AlmightyPants posted:

I think it had more to do with how Henry is built iirc