Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm sad that the gameplay isn't a little more complex; googling around while the visual effect of UBW is nice with leaving all the swords lying around, I don't think it has any secondary benefit or buffs to EMIYA on deployed?

I think that might be a visual bug, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Fate/GO Servant profiles/lore translations! A lot of them are pretty amusing and some mention the Servant's attitude towards their Master.

http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3299-Fate-GO-Profiles

Compendium fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 7, 2015

Monk E
May 19, 2009
So has anyone else been getting a disconnect messages when the game tries to show the animation for certain noble phantasms?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Monk E posted:

So has anyone else been getting a disconnect messages when the game tries to show the animation for certain noble phantasms?

It tries to download them on the fly, so if your connection is spotty for whatever reason it'll do that.

If you don't like that you can go to the settings screen (4th or 5th option in My Room) and press the big button near the bottom to download all assets at once.

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007

Robin Hood posted:

He is on bad terms with EMIYA due the kindred hate that happens between similar people.

:roflolmao:

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Ok cool that makes sense thought I already downloaded but I probably didn't have enough room thanks for the help.

Monk E fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 2, 2015

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
So isn't there supposed to be a special event today?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus gently caress Robin Hood's NP hits hard.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Man, Gilgamesh totally destroys Gilles in the latest servant event update. The combination of Gilles being a Saber (and thus weak against Archers) + the 150% damage from Enuma Elish against servants resulted in it doing over 40,000 damage (which is really high for an AoE NP).

I'm trying to decide between three options for Gil's craft essence: the Bazett one that increases crit star "weight", the one that increases crit damage, and the one that increases crit stars generated. All three would make sense; the first because Gil already gets lots of stars, the second because him getting the stars means he crits more often, and the third because he generates a ton of stars with all of his regular attacks.

Contrary to what I thought earlier, I'm now starting to realize just how nonviable most, if not all, 1/2-star servants are. Pretty much any 4/5 star servant, regardless of growth pattern, is going to be about as strong as a level 60/65 1/2 star servant by the time they reach level 40 or so. My Siegfried has about 9000HP/5000ATK at level 43 or so, so it would feel silly to invest all the extra time and ascension materials when a 1/2 star servant wouldn't have stats that high until they reach level cap (60 or 65). It would have been better if they were about on par until reaching level cap (at which point the 4/5 stars could become stronger since their cap would be higher). They're handy when you're first starting out, but I don't really see any reason to level them up later on (since even if you have bad gacha luck you should still have at least several 3+ star servants). I guess the lower cost helps, but I can already field a party with three 5-stars and two 3-stars in it (one of which being Mashu of course), and I haven't spent that much time increasing my Master level. I'm still leveling my Hassan up instead of my Jing Ke, but that's just because I think he's a cool dude and I don't think I'd be able to rationalize it if I had a 4/5 star assassin.

On another note, I'm really curious about what 5-star Lancers, Assassins, and Riders will be added to the game. I'm pretty sure there currently isn't a single 5-star for all of those classes. There's a good chance adult Iskander will be a 5 star Rider, but I have absolutely no clue who they'll choose to be a 5-star Lancer or Assassin, seeing as how Cu Chulainn and Elizabeth Bathory aren't. They still have to add Zero Lancer, but I seriously doubt he'll be higher than Cu Chulainn, much less a 5-star. I guess they might choose that one mage-ish Assassin from Fate/Apocrypha (Semiramis) to be a 5-star, since I think she's supposed to be pretty badass.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

On another note, I'm really curious about what 5-star Lancers, Assassins, and Riders will be added to the game.

I'm guessing that Li Shuwen will be 5-star, either as an Assassin, a Lancer, or both. Francis Drake as a 5-star Rider seems likely too.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm guessing that Li Shuwen will be 5-star, either as an Assassin, a Lancer, or both. Francis Drake as a 5-star Rider seems likely too.

Li Shuwen might be, but I doubt Francis Drake will be 5-stars; I mean, she's the first servant you fight in Extra and her master was Shinji.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Li Shuwen might be, but I doubt Francis Drake will be 5-stars; I mean, she's the first servant you fight in Extra and her master was Shinji.

Yeah but she's got huge armadas

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

Man, Gilgamesh totally destroys Gilles in the latest servant event update. The combination of Gilles being a Saber (and thus weak against Archers) + the 150% damage from Enuma Elish against servants resulted in it doing over 40,000 damage (which is really high for an AoE NP).

Just so you know the 150% is multiplied on top of the regular damage, so Enuma Elish hits for 450%. :v:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Question about the stat growth curves - do the ranges vary depending upon how many stars (and thus what the max level of) a servant is? Like, I'm guessing a 5 star with a Reverse S curve would have a longer period of lovely stats in the middle than a 1 star. Also, for Reverse S curves, are each of the three "segments" the same length? Like, for a 5 star are you looking at 30 levels of fast growth followed by 30 levels of slow growth followed by 30 more levels of faster growth? I wouldn't think so, since S curve servants wouldn't be able to strike even if they only had good growth during 30 levels instead of 60 for Reverse S ones.

edit: After looking at the spreadsheet, it's more that it just gradually shifts from higher to lower growth, rather than being distinct segments

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 4, 2015

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Part 2 of Gil's event was announced here: http://typemoon.com/news/2015/bfue6l

It looks like you will need to obtain a serial code, input it, and it will allow you to select one of the 4-star servants shown in the picture.

The pool of units to choose from doesn't seem great so I might just pick EMIYA to upgrade his NP and to allow for overcharging.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Finally, I can get a 4 star berseker! :pray:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I was this close to dropping the game after my awful gacha luck (and how mind-numbing it is to farm for ascension mats) and then suddenly it turns out i'm getting a free Tamamo. I guess i'll rejoice.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
So you don't have to do anything? They'll just give them away next Monday?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
All you do is enter the code on their website, then pick your servant.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I sort of want a Sieg to finally power up his NP, but I've been trying to get an Emiya forever and this my chance.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'll probably go for Martha myself. My Robin Hood is already good enough for when I want an Archer, but Medusa is definitely a bit lackluster in the beatings department.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I'll probably pick Emiya because somehow I have zero archers.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

-Troika- posted:

I'll probably go for Martha myself. My Robin Hood is already good enough for when I want an Archer, but Medusa is definitely a bit lackluster in the beatings department.

But do you get to go on a date with Martha?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wow, tough choice. It's probably a choice between Siegfried (to power up his NP), Martha, Stheno/Carmilla, or Elizabeth. As much as I would like to power up EMIYA's NP or have a Hercules, I already have a 5-star Archer and Berserker so it probably wouldn't make much sense. I'll probably end up going with Martha or Elizabeth, since I hear Martha is good and my current Rider (Medusa) is kind of lackluster, even at level 40 (at which point I have to farm a bunch of ascension mats that I would rather put towards a 4/5 star servant).

If I was smart and focused entirely on gameplay viability, I'd probably go with Siegfried; he's easily one of the best 4-star servants in the game (he has only slightly less ATK than other 4-star servants but as much HP as a 5-star servant). Since I already have four 5-star servants (Gilgamesh, Jeanne, Vlad, and Waver), in the long-long run I'd probably only be heavily investing in one 4-star servant (barring specific bosses and what have you).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 4, 2015

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I'm torn on the Chevalier d'Eon and EMIYA. I really want d'Eon on principle, but she also seems to have pretty respectable stats and she's a Saber (all I have is Gilles de Rais...). Her Noble Phantasm looks kinda useless, though. :(
EMIYA seems really solid all-around, though, and I'd love to have him in my starting party along with Lancer...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'd love to get Tamamo, but I already got Heracles as my main Berserker and I have too many drat Riders so Martha and Marie are out too. I've used enough Attack raising cards on Medusa so she hits pretty hard against other classes that aren't Assassins. I'm leaning towards EMIYA, the only Archers I have are Arash and Robin Hood although the latter does seem pretty decent...

edit; drat d'Eon's there too. Then again, I already got Caesar even if his NP gauge is hard to fill up...

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

jellycat posted:

EMIYA seems really solid all-around, though, and I'd love to have him in my starting party along with Lancer...

Bear in mind that EMIYA's stat growth is such that he'll be really bad until he gets well past level 30 or so. So he might not be a great option for a starting party, even if he's pretty good later on.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Ytlaya posted:

Bear in mind that EMIYA's stat growth is such that he'll be really bad until he gets well past level 30 or so. So he might not be a great option for a starting party, even if he's pretty good later on.

I'm partway through Rome and I haven't had a problem so far, so I could afford to babysit him for a while. That is good to know, though, thanks!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

jellycat posted:

I'm partway through Rome and I haven't had a problem so far, so I could afford to babysit him for a while. That is good to know, though, thanks!

Ah, you should be fine then. I just remember being really confused about why a bunch of my 1 and 2 star servants were way stronger than my EMIYA (before I knew about how the stat growth curves worked). Once you get to the point that you can grind the 40AP XP quest, I find that servants with that sort of growth curve are actually preferable (because you can get through the first 25-30 levels really fast with the silver/gold XP items).

My Siegfried has just surpassed my Jeanne in stats, though Jeanne is still a bit better due to her 1/2 damage thing. It seems like servants with S growth curves surpass ones with Reverse S curves around level 40-45.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
For those people who've watched unexpectedly :black101: webms of combat in Prisma Ilya, checked it out and then immediately ran away for perfectly understandable reasons, the anime, starting with today's ep (7), has switched over to primarily action, which Silver Link is actually surprisingly good at.

http://gfycat.com/RightAcclaimedDutchshepherddog

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i'm not going to watch the bad anime, sorry

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

Hell. Same.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
A perfectly reasonable sentiment. I just watched this one 'cause I wanted to see the fight.

Funnily (or sadly, I guess), the combat looked cooler than what Ufo put out for ubw.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
UBW was fine, too much CG probably.

No one wants to endure creepy ecchi just for better animated action scenes.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
UBW super disappointed me with its action scenes. The choreography was lame, there was too much talk and worst of all they kept cutting away at the worst times possible times :argh:.
Even Shirou's two iconic fights were lame, with little to no sense of progression in the fight. Hell, at one point in Shirou vs Archer in UBW they show him running all motivated, cut away and when they cut back he's further away than when he started.

When I was watching it all I felt was fatigue, not hype.
E: I should say that this was mostly on the 2nd half. The early fights (Herk, Lancer) were cool.

This was particularly glaring because right after watching UBW I started watching Danmachi and those fights had me so hyped I shotgunned through the entire season in like a single night.

(lol who said watch the loli ecchi scenes I meant just watch today without context it's not like it's important and fortunately they don't mix fanservice and action. anyways last I'll say about it)

Kyte fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Sep 5, 2015

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gently caress off.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

All the UBW fights involving Lancer were really great and gave a really good sense of the speed/power involved. Shirou vs Archer was kind of disappointing from an action perspective, though.

So I've managed to accrue 40 crystals through doing a bunch of random free quests; is there any reason I shouldn't do a multi-roll with them on the really tiny off-chance I get another Gilgamesh and can't upgrade his NP?

edit: Ended up doing it and only got one card of note - this Prisma Cosmos 5-star craft essence that seems to increase NP by 8% per turn. That seems like it would only be better than the Sakura/Kaleidoscope ones if you were doing a really long fight (8 or 10 turns respectively).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Sep 5, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
edit; Shirou vs Archer seems to be a mixed bag; Archer had way too much manpain to vomit out, but on the other hand I really liked the Last Stardust segment.

Back to terrible gatchas; someone translated the My Room dialogue in the game.

http://pastebin.com/VqHPrzQH

edit; from the reddit comments, there seems to be a fair amount of errors and mistranslated parts, so tread with caution?

Compendium fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh geez the Saber Gilles ones :(