Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Compendium posted:

edit; Shirou vs Archer seems to be a mixed bag; Archer had way too much manpain to vomit out, but on the other hand I really liked the Last Stardust segment.

Back to terrible gatchas; someone translated the My Room dialogue in the game.

http://pastebin.com/VqHPrzQH

what the gently caress, my chinese isp blocks loving pastebin? uuuuuugghhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Saber Alter has good taste in junkfood.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Kyte posted:

For those people who've watched unexpectedly :black101: webms of combat in Prisma Ilya, checked it out and then immediately ran away for perfectly understandable reasons, the anime, starting with today's ep (7), has switched over to primarily action, which Silver Link is actually surprisingly good at.

http://gfycat.com/RightAcclaimedDutchshepherddog

It's interesting to see how powerful Gilgamesh actually is when he isn't holding back (and seemingly having lots of fun); which is a bit of a shame as Heaven's Feel we get maybe one scene with Gate of Babylon before he's eaten. :(

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Wow, just had an amazing roll on the 10 gem gacha. Guess I should choose Emiya on Monday so I can level up his NP?

Also does anyone have a guide on how to use craft essences etc? I'm pretty clueless.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Apocron posted:

Also does anyone have a guide on how to use craft essences etc? I'm pretty clueless.
Menu --> First button (Edit team) --> Second button (equip Craft essence) --> Click a servant --> Click craft essence --> Click the Confirm button on the middle right side of the screen.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It's on the same menu as your party/master screens.

Pick the servant you want to equip, then pick the craft essence. To confirm that craft essence, click the blue button that comes up in the part of the menu that has the essence's effect. To remove a craft essence without replacing it with another, click the grey button that is on the currently equipped essence.

Enhancing a craft essence is just like enhancing a servant, but simpler, as it doesn't require anything but cards and QP. If you enhance an essence with a copy of itself, its level cap and unique effect will increase. Leveling up a craft essence increases the amount of health and attack it gives.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
So how's the profits for GO going? Does Type-Moon get most of it in which to give us more television?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Sorry, I know how to equip them, what I meant was should i just fuse everything into one or two essences that I think are useful? Which ones are the ones worth buffing? I don't have Kaleidoscope but I have the one that starts with 60% then I have the 5 star short hair sakura one and obviously I have the Bazett one.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The 1-2* ones are generally only worth using as fodder. Everything 3* and up is worth at least holding onto, except for Parting The Red Sea (the first one you got in your screenshot), but they will be replaced if you find a higher star essence of the same type and have enough team cost to use it. All of the ones that give NP gauge or boost NP strength/generation are worth keeping, Bazett is very good if you have servants/essences that can increase your star generation, Sakura and Shirou are good damage boosters.

Here is a list of them all.
http://kairosity.tumblr.com/post/125748860299/fategrand-order-craft-essence-compendium

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I read somewhere that Lancelot is actually good for generating stars. Maybe put the star attractor on Emiya and use the two of them together?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It feels weird that Lancelot is a speed based Berserker, but that dude was also fast as hell in Zero and that was part of why he was such a monster. That and the fact he could take control of a loving jet fighter, which I am annoyed at them not making his NP in this game, but I'll settle for the gatling.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Does anyone know why this one Tamamo Cat on my support list starts fights with a completely full NP gauge? She has Kaleidoscope, but she doesn't start at 80% - she starts at 100%. I just looked her up and didn't see any passive giving her 20% to her NP gauge.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Shirou vs. Archer was never meant as an action fest. It's the symbolic culmination of the entire route, with Gilgamesh being "we have to tie up the loose ends to end the plot" kind of thing.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Ytlaya posted:

Does anyone know why this one Tamamo Cat on my support list starts fights with a completely full NP gauge? She has Kaleidoscope, but she doesn't start at 80% - she starts at 100%. I just looked her up and didn't see any passive giving her 20% to her NP gauge.
Merging the same craft essence improves its stat. The max version give 100%

I would had put them on other servants if I have that many Kaleidoscope...

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Sylphid posted:

Shirou vs. Archer was never meant as an action fest. It's the symbolic culmination of the entire route, with Gilgamesh being "we have to tie up the loose ends to end the plot" kind of thing.

This is what is kinda frustrating about discussing this show with people is that from the VN roots of the material it doesn't quite straight up follow the rules of story structure so you get these sort of complaints or people thinking the show pulls deus ex machina's when it doesn't.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Sylphid posted:

On one hand, yes. On the other hand, they didn't feel exciting to watch.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Raenir Salazar posted:

This is what is kinda frustrating about discussing this show with people is that from the VN roots of the material it doesn't quite straight up follow the rules of story structure so you get these sort of complaints or people thinking the show pulls deus ex machina's when it doesn't.

The best fights are from Heaven's Feel anyway. Since this is suppose to be the second chapter of three, almost by design the best fights have yet to come. But with no plans for a full series adaptation of Heaven's Feel those fights might not ever come. There is always going to be this feeling that the series does things incompletely or lacks something if you don't take all 3 paths into consideration. That's the biggest problem I've always had with the single route adaptations for both anime series.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Trihugger posted:

The best fights are from Heaven's Feel anyway. Since this is suppose to be the second chapter of three, almost by design the best fights have yet to come. But with no plans for a full series adaptation of Heaven's Feel those fights might not ever come. There is always going to be this feeling that the series does things incompletely or lacks something if you don't take all 3 paths into consideration. That's the biggest problem I've always had with the single route adaptations for both anime series.

Well the first couple of days UBW does pretty much perfectly, they can just start it roughly right after Shirou gets Saber with something like a memory montage; probably you can start it after the fight with Berserker since that's all Fate route stuff into Shirou decides to talk to Kirei and realize Kiritsugu fought in the grail war.

That's like almost a third of the content you can skip essentially.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Oh my god, even Jouji Nakata is in on Fate/Go.

https://twitter.com/joujinakata123/status/640141067409461249

Lancer can never escape.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Compendium posted:

Lancer can never escape.

It's pretty hosed up that he stole Bazett's account

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Well the first couple of days UBW does pretty much perfectly, they can just start it roughly right after Shirou gets Saber with something like a memory montage; probably you can start it after the fight with Berserker since that's all Fate route stuff into Shirou decides to talk to Kirei and realize Kiritsugu fought in the grail war.

That's like almost a third of the content you can skip essentially.

Not everyone who saw UBW will have seen Stay Night, seeing as it aired about 100 years ago

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Compendium posted:

Lancer can never escape.

Kana Ueda's been grinding pretty hard too:
https://twitter.com/uedakana/status/638423851576111104

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How did Kana Ueda get a Gilgamesh and I still haven't, this gacha is hell

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Kana Ueda's a known game addict IIRC.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Sylphid posted:

Shirou vs. Archer was never meant as an action fest. It's the symbolic culmination of the entire route

lol

These things are not mutually exclusive and acting like they are is dumb as poo poo

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
no but don't you see, there's nothing wrong with the anime, you're the problem.

F/SN just really doesn't adapt to an animated adaption all that well. Kind of sucks, but what can you do?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

What if....both things are true

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Of course they aren't, but expecting that fight in particular to be non-stop fighting is expecting it to be something it never was and never was intended to be. The entire point of that fight was for Shirou to reject and triumph over Archer's fatalism. By necessity, there's going to be a lot of talking in a scene aiming to do that. Shirou beating Archer in a straight fight with a minimum of talking wouldn't thematically help the story at all.

As many have said, there were problems with the pacing of that fight, and fine, I accept that. It almost certainly could have been handled better, but that is much different than expecting something totally different in the adaptation than how that exact same scene played out in the VN. Aside from Saber's interjections and the invocation of UBW, that scene was handled faithfully.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Namtab posted:

Not everyone who saw UBW will have seen Stay Night, seeing as it aired about 100 years ago

Right, but if you gotta cut something then it's better to cut Fate content already treadded more or less perfectly by UBW than it is to cut HF content.

It wouldn't be good to make it all action like UBW film, you need the parts where Shirou is having moments with Sakura since that forms the emotional justification for him to betray his ideals to protect a single person.

Ugh, the TM Wiki is way too general. Is there a good walkthrough summary somewhere?

You can probably be very brisk until the end of Day 3; Days 4-7 can probably be distilled to just the talky portions to start setting up the emotional stuff and wenching the roller coasting up the hill; Day 8 is when it starts going down; Day 9 is talky again, I'm not sure if 10 is the first time visiting the forest, I think it is, so if so days 11 to 16 I think while hours in the VN are like, 90% of the action and can go by super quick. If it was a 2 to 2 and a half hour Movie I think it's doable but you can't spend 40 minutes retreating the same beginning of Fate/UBW with minor differences if they got a limited duration budget, somethings gotta give if they want the money shots.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Why dont we wait and see rather than getting mad already

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Namtab posted:

Why dont we wait and see rather than getting mad already

I'm not, I'm just giving what I think the best case scenario is.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Preferably, a HF series would start with anime original content revolving around Sakura, Shinji and the Matou family in general. That way even if the same stuff gets treaded over, it's from a different perspective. Also maybe the audience can build up some sympathy for Sakura before she starts going too insane. Sakura could use a good revision or added content.

I rewatched the episode of Carnival Phantasm that depicted scenes from HF through the perspective of Rider acting as an audience surrogate. In the end she states something like, "I don't understand my master at all." I don't think too many people would be upset if certain parts of HF were not completely faithful adaptations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

As long as they keep the dickworms and all the effects therein

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Namtab posted:

As long as they keep the dickworms and all the effects therein

The parts when they're used for horror like in Fate/Zero yeah, like when Zouken murders that poor office lady. :( Really hammers home early on that Zouken is an evil and dangerous old man and Shirou shouldn't trust a word he says.

Regarding the UBW chant, in the original Japanese is it in English or Japanese when Shirou casts it?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
IIRC Shirou chants it in japanese.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kyte posted:

IIRC Shirou chants it in japanese.

Right, but I mean in the Japanese version of the VN, the text, is it in English or Japanese?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think all of Shirou's chants, including UBW, are in English with furigana on top. Could be wrong though.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

The parts when they're used for horror like in Fate/Zero yeah, like when Zouken murders that poor office lady. :( Really hammers home early on that Zouken is an evil and dangerous old man and Shirou shouldn't trust a word he says.

No, keep all the effects

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Nate RFB posted:

I think all of Shirou's chants, including UBW, are in English with furigana on top. Could be wrong though.

Alrighty thanks.

On a side note, shout out to Angry Grimace for this own translation of UBW chant:

quote:

My body is made of swords;
Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart;
I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated;
not once have i retreated, nor once have i been understood.
Always alone on the hill of swords, intoxicated with victory;
thus, this life has no meaning.
And so I pray, Unlimited Blade Works

Thought I would repost it because it's cool since I was trying to find it and did, might as well keep it in a thread less likely to be archived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unaware of loss, Nor aware of gain
Withstood pain to create weapons, waiting for one’s arrival
I have no regrets. This is the only path
My whole life was unlimited blade works

His body is made out of swords