Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Oh that sucks :( rip Vienna, all cattes go to heaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Chili posted:

Hey everyone. So looks like we wound up with some bad news. This isn't the super bum out thread so I'll just keep this short. We lost Vienna last night. It appears fading kitten syndrome is a real bitch. We're obviously pretty crestfallen and this has been an immensely difficult night. She passed in my hands, she was warm, we were both with her. Monty is doing OK. He tried to finish her dinner, and that was about the only thing he seemed concerned with, so yeah... just being a cat.

We're gonna take a break from fostering for a bit, and though we're currently pretty poor, we're gonna pass along some coin to the mdscpa. Check them out, it's a wonderful no-kill facility that does a lot for our wee furry counterparts and if you have the means and wish to pass something along in honor of little V's short but sweet life, it would be most appreciated.

Oh and I suppose it goes without saying, but pictures of happy teeny tiny kittens would be most appreciated.

That sucks. She was the cutest kitten in the thread, I loved all the pictures you posted here.

Im really sorry for your loss.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Chili posted:

Monty is doing OK. He tried to finish her dinner, and that was about the only thing he seemed concerned with, so yeah... just being a cat.

lol

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Oh and I forgot, just in case anyone did want to donate in her memory to http://www.mdspca.org/give/ , the name she was given from them was Pepper, we've always given the babies we look after our own names, and Vienna just fit for us.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Sorry for your loss :(

She seemed to be a good catte....and she died knowing she was loved, safe, and warm. What more can someone ask for? You did good with her...don't doubt that.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
That really sucks, I'm sorry. Hope you feel better.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know why Chili but the news of Vienna's passing made me horrifically sad and I've spent the better part of an hour crying over an animal I never knew, I am terribly sorry for your loss.

Here's my newest Luna, please ignore the horrifically dirty tablet behind her.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I'm sorry to hear about the kitten. I came here to post something not-catte, but no disrespect.

e: Oh, here we go!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Alteisen posted:

I don't know why Chili but the news of Vienna's passing made me horrifically sad and I've spent the better part of an hour crying over an animal I never knew, I am terribly sorry for your loss.

Here's my newest Luna, please ignore the horrifically dirty tablet behind her.

You were probably just due for a good cry, that kind of thing happens to me a lot.

Your empathy is appreciated, and I'm glad that the silly little pictures I took of her made people happy enough that when she left us it was strongly felt in the other direction.

Onwards and upwards cute thread! We'll be back in the saddle with new needy fosters that will be craving your :swoon: imminently!

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Oh no, I'm so sorry about sweet little V. She sure was loved though, by you guys and a whole bunch of random internet strangers. :unsmith: I'm pretty broke myself but when I get paid I'll throw a couple bucks to the Maryland SPCA in her honor.

Have a cat whose half squeaky toy, thread. https://vine.co/v/ebwzUagmlIF

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Sonvabitch. :cry:

Have some pillow kitten.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
As an update to my post earlier, I present Chester:

Named, of course, after our 21st president, Chester A. Arthur.

He is a doof:

He is also a sleepy doof:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I'd just like to highlight this because I can never get over that cartoon noise that porcupines make. It sounds so fake.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They sound and look like something you'd find in the back of a curio shop in Chinatown while an old man warns you not to get it wet or feed it after midnight.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DrBouvenstein posted:

As an update to my post earlier, I present Chester:

Named, of course, after our 21st president, Chester A. Arthur.

He is a doof:

He is also a sleepy doof:

Clearly his full name should be Chester A. Barkthur :colbert:.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Chili posted:

Hey everyone. So looks like we wound up with some bad news. This isn't the super bum out thread so I'll just keep this short. We lost Vienna last night. It appears fading kitten syndrome is a real bitch. We're obviously pretty crestfallen and this has been an immensely difficult night. She passed in my hands, she was warm, we were both with her. Monty is doing OK. He tried to finish her dinner, and that was about the only thing he seemed concerned with, so yeah... just being a cat.

We're gonna take a break from fostering for a bit, and though we're currently pretty poor, we're gonna pass along some coin to the mdscpa. Check them out, it's a wonderful no-kill facility that does a lot for our wee furry counterparts and if you have the means and wish to pass something along in honor of little V's short but sweet life, it would be most appreciated.

Oh and I suppose it goes without saying, but pictures of happy teeny tiny kittens would be most appreciated.

Sucks, but you are a good person and surrounded by love is not a bad way to go for a little kitty. Hope you feel better soon.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

Choco1980 posted:

I'd just like to highlight this because I can never get over that cartoon noise that porcupines make. It sounds so fake.

Teddy the porcupine has done nothing to dissuade me from accepting the fact I am destined to be quilled a lot in trying to snuggle porcupines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cILZ_cB3_so

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Clearly his full name should be Chester A. Barkthur :colbert:.

Chester A. Arfur

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Owl and his dog.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Say Nothing posted:

Owl and his dog.

A no nonsense berb

Dekenai
Mar 11, 2009

Sad news :sympathy:

Extra sad, cause Vienna reminded me of my fluffy lump Marla:

On a happier note, I adopted a four year old German Spitz, officially called Dreamer but renamed Li'l Poot by my daughter:

He's a former show dog, complete with championship and glamour shots:

Katie the Border Collie isn't too impressed:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Dekenai posted:

Sad news :sympathy:

Extra sad, cause Vienna reminded me of my fluffy lump Marla:

On a happier note, I adopted a four year old German Spitz, officially called Dreamer but renamed Li'l Poot by my daughter:

He's a former show dog, complete with championship and glamour shots:

Katie the Border Collie isn't too impressed:

Obviously Katie is not impressed by some runway model who doesn't even work for a living.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

Owl and his dog.

I hope these two go on adventures together and solve crimes.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Dekenai posted:

Please tell me I'm not the only person who looked at the picture before reading the text and was super surprised by that snout because the ears said "cat" to them.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Alter Ego posted:

I hope these two go on adventures together and solve crimes.
"We are gonna find out whooodunit, pardner, and we'll put them away!"

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Forgall posted:

"We are gonna find out whooodunit, pardner, and we'll put them away!"

Turner and Whooooch ride again!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Gotta test the Kitten Tracking software before these things hit the shelves.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Gotta test the Kitten Tracking software before these things hit the shelves.

Catlibrating each kitten is an important job.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQIeBPjEiys

A bunch of puppies playing with the new toy BB-8 droid.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
hoooly shiiit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUAiskfX6KA

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
What a flibbertygibbet.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

I still always see that as, Count Owlula feasting on an innocent kitten

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
"...I mean, it's more about what's in it, isn't it? I just don't see what's so great about empty boxes."

WWWWWWHAT!!!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hoverdog.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
these shoes are not for you, they don't even fit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

MindlessHavok posted:

Tennessee recently did a writeup in the Torchbearer about Smokey, our mascot.

He's so handsome :buddy:

http://torchbearer.utk.edu/2015/08/a-vols-best-friend/

One of the things I miss about not bein at UT anymore is not gettin to pet Smokey. A long line of prestigious goode dogges.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

This was shared by Himeji Central Park with the caption "capybara Tetris"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
It's how you load the pallet for maximum efficiency.

• Locked thread