Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
A 3 (4) Baba fought you and you pushed him into the cabbage farm.
B 2
F 1
G 2
D 3 (4) Spin it into a non-fighting version where you manage to talk it out. Make Li Foil the bad guy.

“This dude seems legit. And also not the sort of man to appreciate lies. I don't know why we wouldn't just tell the truth. I say we explain to him D but ultimately reveal A is the real story. We can leave it to him to decide what to do with that information.” - Tyrannosaurus

Once again, a very even spread of ties between truth and lies, so I will go with this. Lie a bit now and tell the truth later when necessary.

-------------------------------------------

You deceitfully inform him in a way that portrays you and Baba as victims. “Li Foil asked Baba to fight me for his selfish reason. I refused and tried to talk it over the issue, but Li refused to listen to reason. He then makes Baba fight me, but Baba refused. Slyly, he pushed Baba onto a cabbage cart as if I had done it. Baba in respond tried to tackle me, and in our brief struggle, he tripped and fell into the cabbage farm. I ran down to recover him and manage to resolved our misunderstanding, so I decided to take him back here to have a change of cloth and patch up some of the bruise.”

Baba’s father stroke his beard thoughtfully as he listen to your explanations. “It would seem your story i-“

“MASTER!” A servant interrupts as he rushes into the hall.

“What’s the hurry?” Baba’s father said annoyed.

“Madam Foil is here with his son!” The servant reports with worries.

Baba’s father slams his hand on the table in anger as he utter a strong “Hmph!” The strike is so loud that it frightens both you and the servant. You think you saw a crack extended all the way down to the table's legs, was it there before?

“So, the Foil family has come for reprisal of the incident, is it not?” Baba’s father inquired.

“I-I don’t know sir! Only her and her son has come, but she…” The servant hesitates to continue.

“What does she want?” Baba’s father asks threateningly as if to explode.

“S-she is still in the litter outside and demands you to personally welcome her into your…” The servant hesitates to continue again.

He gave the servant permission to spoke ill of the house. “I will not fault you for saying it, now out with it!”

With much more hesitation, the servant continues with gradually lower volume, “…Wel-welcome her into your good for nothing beggar house of rice bucket.”

Baba’s father stands up in fury, “THAT WOODLICED WHORE! She wants me to welcome her? Fine! I shall meet her in weapon and armor!” He then strides out of the hall, leaving you and the servant alone.

You…
A) GO HOME!
B) GO TO BABA!
C) GO TO SCHOOL!
D) GO OUT AND WATCH!
E) STAY HERE!
F) Write-in

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

D

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

B then D) "Wow, look what your dad's up to!" Poor kid's probably going to need another change of clothes after this though. :(

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
D

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
You…
D) GO OUT AND WATCH!

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
D) GO OUT AND WATCH!

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
D!

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
D

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
D :munch:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Yeah. Sit back and watch the show.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

This is gonna be good.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

D : ∞
------------------------
This is getting interesting! You ask the servant to lead you back to the entrance and he obliges. After twisting and turning few corners, you are back to the outside

You see a litter carried by four porters sitting right in front of the entrance almost blocking the path. Baba’s father is not present, maybe he will be here soon?

An extravagant woman in beautiful vest peeks out of the curtain and sees you and the servant. “Who are you, kid?”

Li Foil pops his head out of the curtain and sees you too. He smirk at you and said to her mother in the most pitiful voice, “Mom! That’s the Filial Child who harmed me!”

Madam Foil hug and reassure her son, “It’s okay, my dear. Mama is here.” Then she turns her head to you. “So, you are the ‘Filial Child’.” She said your name with a sneer, “Did you crawl out here to apologize to my son? Or did the cowardly master of the house send you here as his massager?”

You…
1) Run away (to where?)
2) Press for what Li Foil told his mother
3) Tell your side of the story
4) Apologize
5) Truth: I am just here to watch the showdown
6) Inform: “Baba’s father will be here to meet you soon.”
7) Detailed inform: “Baba’s father said he will meet you with weapon and armor after calling you a woodliced whore.”
8) Lies: Write-in
9) Write-in

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 6, 2015

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

9. Just find a good spot to sit and grimace creepily at her until the fireworks come.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
You…
9) We dint harm anybody and her son dishonors himself by lieing about it.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

You…

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

You…

Isn't this just 3? I mean, it is basically what happened.

In any case, I'll vote for it too. Baba's father can make his own entrance. Li's lies are going to keep spreading unless we deal with them.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

You…

This

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Why not say that both Li Foil and Baba are trying to use their parents for settling a grudge?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

HiHo ChiRho posted:

9. Just find a good spot to sit and grimace creepily at her until the fireworks come.

No poo poo yeah

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

"Li Foil, why do you abuse your gift of speech for selfish ends?"

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
6 This woman doesn't seem like one who can be reasoned with, be the better man and wait for Baba's dad to beat her up or whatever. :v:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Isn't this just 3? I mean, it is basically what happened.
We did harm Baba by pushing him down the slope.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Nyaa posted:

No we didn't. If we had that would have been the story we told. If baba says otherwise he must be confused from his fall, we tried to grab him but we're too late. I bet Foil will tell a different story, but that's expected, the rat.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Nyaa posted:

Oh, we didn't hurt Baba that bad, just tripped him up a bit. Worst case scenario he'll be a bit sore for a few days.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

“I didn’t harm anybody and your son dishonors himself by lying about it.” You stated boldly.

“Is that your excuse?” She asks antipathetically.

“No, it’s the truth.” You states with full honesty.

Li Foil butts in, “Don’t believe him, mom! He’s really good at poetry and lying!”

Madam Foil pats her son’s head, “’course not, my dear. Who would believe the word of a beggar over her own son?”

Li foil Smile triumphantly at you. It looks like it’s pointless to argue with an overprotective mother, not that you know about mother. So you walk to a nice spot and sits down.

Madam Li looks at you questioningly, and finally ask, “What are you doing?”

You explain, “Since you refuse to listen, I will wait for Baba’s father to show up.”

She scorn at the mention of Baba’s father, “Hmph. So you rely on your friend’s powerful parent to protect you. Quite a manipulative person you are.”

You shake your head and look at Li Foil, “Uncle Liu once said, a manipulate person is the one who won’t get caught.”

“Hmph! That just makes you a failure of a mani- Oh, speaks of the devil!” Madam Foil was interrupted by the rustling of armor coming from the entrance and the appearance of Baba’s father.

Fully dressed in an aged scaled armor of bronze, the elderly man walks out with ease on what could be worth 60 Jin (30kg).

On top of that, both his hands wields two massive wood bronze dragon head round hammer that could easily worth another 30 Jin.

“Ah, the old coot finally got out of his bed.” Madam Foil said venomously as she climbs out of the liter.

“And it isn’t Madam Foil. To what does this old coot own the pleasure of your uncouth grace?” Baba’s father reply with similar tone of enmity.

She unsheathes her Jian (Chinese Sword). “I am here for the ‘Filial Child’ and your child, General Ba. Or should I say, ex-general?”

“A retired general retains his title with honors, Madam Foil. Or should I say, Fiery Wind of the Sonic Flame?” He lifts both massive hammers, “As for these children.” He strikes them together to make a loud threatening gong noise. “The only two things you will be taking today are these hammers to your face.”

They begin moving sideways while facing each to move up the road to another zone where it provides a large enough space to battle.

Madam Foil brandish her sword as they walks. “Brutish as always, general.” She said.

General Ba spins his hammers in a show of might as he replies, “Said the one who visit me in her treasured Wintry Armor and Lone Serpent Jian.”

Stopped at an appropriate distance away at the other zone, Madam Foil continues her taunt, “I can’t wait to embarrass you in front of your son.”

General Ba stops as well in respond. “Strange, that’s what I was going to say.” They exchange venomous grin at each other. This is the place where things are going to go down.

In a blink of your eyes, they are exchanging blows with inhuman swiftness. Madam Foil’s rapid sword strikes forces General Ba into a defensive position using both his massive hammer as pseudo shields to parries and deflects. The furry of sword strike hitting faster and faster at every angle, it looks like He will be pushed back to the wall if this keeps up.

As sudden as General Ba yells out his techniques, “Circling Pack!” One of the hammers bangs the Jian off its trail with such strength to force a gap enough for him to quickly dive roll to the side while swinging the other giant hammer toward Madam Li! The shocked Madam Foil can barely block the first hammer slamming heavily on her jian, but not the other hammer circled to her other side that is crashes through her… Wait, crash through her? You rub your eyes and see a quickly dissipated afterimage of Madam Foil being distorted by the hammer swing.

“I see you learned a new trick.” The general commented to the real Madam Foil who is now standing on top of the wall smiling at the disgruntled General.

“Holding the Shadow technique from Shadow Catching style. A good counter to your reactive style, don’t you think so?” She laughs all high and mightily at her opponent below.

“Indeed, the Shadow Catching style does laugh at reactive strategies.” General Ba admits.

“However!” He swings his massive hammers at the wall under Madam Foil like a spoon passing through a soup.

“Bone-Fed Wolf Fang style – March toward Hell!” He shouts his technique in mighty glee as he pulverizes the wall with great force and reduced it into ruins of holes and dust. “Your style is good at anticipate the expected, but Fears the unpredictable!” He declared triumphantly as he continues his assault at the surprised Madam Foil who struggles to stay on each sections of the wall, which are swiftly being bulldozed by the General’s mighty destruction.

“YOU CRAZY OLD MAN!” She screams in her desperate flight to avoid the destruction, almost losing a foothold to the recently destroyed wall section. It’s too dangerous jump down the wall with the bulldozing iron balls swinging destruction below, so with a quick breath of chi, Madam Foil somersault 10 foots to the wall on the other side and fabulously sprints horizontally down the wall to get back vertically on ground level. Oh good, they are returning closer for you to see clearer at the actions.

General Ba laughs maniacally as he chase after the escaping woman. “What’s wrong, Madam Foil? Your new style doesn’t seem to be helping you win this fight! Maybe you will last longer than 5 years ago!” He raises a hammer to block a desperate slash of her sword, but stopped midway along with his smiles as he bends backwards to dodge the whole arc of the sword slash.

Then your eyes caught it too.

Fire dances on the Lone Serpent Jian as if oil were applied to the weapon. Even Madam Foil’s hands are in fire!

“I see you have cultivated your fire chi well.” General Ba complimented his adversary begrudgingly as he now doing his best to dodge another wave of rapid sword strikes with fire.

“Surrender now, General Ba!” Madam Foil said as she manages to force General Ba to abandoned one of his hammer to improve his mobility. “Before my fire burn you to ash!”

Frantically dodging the attacks, General Ba’s armor keep getting cut, no, melt off from a few close call. The few fabrics he has with his armor were torch on fire, creating more distractions for the general.

Madam Foil saw an opening as he aged general begin to slow a little from the onslaught and push out a palm strike that shoot out a column of fire at the man. The general in respond swings his massive hammer to blow most of the fire to scatters down the road. Taking advantage of the distraction, Madam Foil slices her at the General’s leg. A loud cry of pain can be heard throughout the block as General Ba scream in agony at the fiery hot metal going through his flesh, but not enough to slice off his bone.

Many large sparks of embers deflected by the general now rains down at the entrance. You and all servants from both sides ran to dodge from the flaming shower. As you escape, you heard a loud fearful scream for help from the now rapidly lighting on fire litter; it was Li Foil screaming from inside, “MOM, HELP!” He cries.

Madam Foil turns her attention from the call of her name by her son, and in that critical moment, the enraged General Ba send a powerful shockwave like bone crushing slam through the side of Madam Foil and send her flying into the wall. Blood leaks from her lips as she looks helplessly at the burning litter where some servants tries to get Li Foil out without touching the fire, but there’s only enough of a safe gap for someone the size of a child to squeeze in to drag him out and the gap is quickly closing up from the encroaching fire!

You…
A) Your life is precious; protecting yourself takes priority, run away.
B) Save Li Foil at the risk of burning
C) Li Foil gets what he deserves for this mess. Watch him get punished by heaven for his deed.
D) Try to find some water or fire retardant. Leave Li Foil’s fate to your luck.
E) Write-in

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 9, 2015

Zahrkon
Apr 2, 2010
B

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Nice fight! I hope we get to do stuff like that someday.

B. We're not terrible people. Save the guy.

e: though if anyone can come up with a way to improve our chances at not getting burned, that'd be helpful. Any dirt around to help extinguish the fire? Is General Baba too incapacitated to do one of his long range techniques or something?

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
B

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nondevor posted:

e: though if anyone can come up with a way to improve our chances at not getting burned, that'd be helpful. Any dirt around to help extinguish the fire?
It's up to the dice on whether you find something useful in exchange for wasting some time. You could spend a Joss to 'coincidentally' find a bucket of water or something. Maybe a bucket of 'Night Soil' would be better? :heysexy:

You would have to climb in there if B wins though.

quote:

Is General Baba too incapacitated to do one of his long range techniques or something?
You don't know if he can do something like that, maybe he can use water technique? Maybe he can still walk/run after being cut by boiling hot sword?

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
B

Breath a deep breath, and get him out as fast as physically possible.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
B

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

B

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

B

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
B

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
B.

Also, I vote to use a Joss to kick out a fire weakened section so you can drag Li's stupid, spoiled rear end to safety.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
C

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
B + spend a point of Joss to find a conveniently full rain barrel and douse ourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
E. Save Li Foil at the risk of burning but "accidentally" punch his fat ugly face in the process of saving him