Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Is the baby Baby Huey?

Also: I forget so is Baby Huey public domain or not?

No he isn't PD unfortunately. Owned by Dreamworks iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

How does ammo actually work?

Based on the videos it seems like you spent resources in the inventory to reload a specific gun's.

kikkelivelho fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 7, 2015

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

kikkelivelho posted:

How does ammo actually work?

Based on the videos it seems like you spent resources in the inventory to reload a specific gun.

You use your SMELT POINTS to reload gun's. You get smelt points by smelting gun's OR by collecting Wild Smelt Points (not yet implemented). You can also get a gun affix that has a chance to restore a small amount of bullets every time you fire it. Right now if you get that affix and you have a magazine with 50+ ammo you very rarely run out of ammo for that gun. But even without one you find a lot of gun's to use as a crutch and then smelt them afterwards.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Uh oh, don't tell me this game has universal ammo. We all know how well that worked out for Deus Ex Invisible War.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
"it's been 3 years and we haven't yet implemented ammo loot in our shooty-gun game" is perhaps the saddest thing said in regards to this game's development so far

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
ive always wanted to play a less funny borderlands mixed with the most reviled aspect of invisible war thanks

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ryaomon posted:

ive always wanted to play a less funny borderlands

lol could there be such a thing.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ryaomon posted:

ive always wanted to play a less funny borderlands mixed with the most reviled aspect of invisible war thanks

so what you're saying is it needs all the other aspects of IW cause they were great

if this game doesn't have to close and reopen itself every time you go through a loading screen I will sue

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

wouldn't having ammo not be kind of agnostic as to your specific gun's just increase the odds of finding completely useless garbage?

other than the game itself of course

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Dear ToGsters: what are chups, and how do they cure glaucoma?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

SirPenguin posted:

"it's been 3 years and we haven't yet implemented ammo loot in our shooty-gun game" is perhaps the saddest thing said in regards to this game's development so far

I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

They may not be planning to implement it at all.

Seriously, I think the idea may be that there are so many loving gun's everyfuckingwhere that other gun's are your bullets, now.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 8, 2015

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

Dear ToGsters: what are chups, and how do they cure glaucoma?

:420:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
In fact, why stop there? If guns can also be used to craft other guns and make bullets, why not use them as money? Why not have every gun have an equippable-item function and a usable-possibly-expendable-item function (dibs on the chicken fries gun')? Remember how in Omikron: The Nomad Soul whenever you saved your game you needed to use an item of which (IIRC) a finite amount existed in the world? Well here it'd be easier because you'd just need to spend one gun'.

Holy poo poo please actually do that last one.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Bullets as currency is deep, maaaaaaan.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Really? But what does that have to do with glaucoma? Does the smoke make your eyes softer or what?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

Really? But what does that have to do with glaucoma? Does the smoke make your eyes softer or what?

Have... have you been living under a rock for the last 20 years?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Well I haven't smoked weed since 2008 if that's what you mean, I haven't kept up with the changes in the industry. I don't remember it ever making my eyes soft though.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

notZaar posted:

Well I haven't smoked weed since 2008 if that's what you mean, I haven't kept up with the changes in the industry. I don't remember it ever making my eyes soft though.

Good because this game is Not For Stoner

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Please blow smoke into my hardened eyes.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

notZaar posted:

Medical marijuana is an actual, in real life, recommended treatment for glaucoma

My question is will Barkley 2 retain the "i am baney" flintstones vitamins?

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol could there be such a thing.

Wezlar posted:

Good because this game is Not For Stoner

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's not less funny than borderlands...

pls keep up.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
at least I can play borderlands

but dont mind me please continue saying "is space jam canon" for the next 80 pages

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

As someone who enjoyed the first game and thought that it was funny I highly recommend completely ignoring anyone who tries to make a joke in this thread.

Honestly I like the idea of not having any ammo pickups and just having to find a new weapon or switch whenever you run out. This would probably work contrary to the whole gun breeding system because you probably want to spend time making a good weapon, and having to spend time doing that kind of inventory management only to throw your fancy gun away would seem like a waste. Maybe the gun fusing system is actually a very rapid process of haphazardly throwing random things together until you get something half decent, and more powerful weapons being rare to find. It's a shame we have so little information on this major game system, really wish we could get some more dev info as it's been a really long time. In other news, my cyberdwarf body pillow has stopped being funny and has started to become embarrassing. I have it hidden behind my other pillows and only use it to help with back support when I want to sit up in bed.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

slouch posted:

As someone who enjoyed the first game and thought that it was funny I highly recommend completely ignoring anyone who tries to make a joke in this thread.

Honestly I like the idea of not having any ammo pickups and just having to find a new weapon or switch whenever you run out. This would probably work contrary to the whole gun breeding system because you probably want to spend time making a good weapon, and having to spend time doing that kind of inventory management only to throw your fancy gun away would seem like a waste. Maybe the gun fusing system is actually a very rapid process of haphazardly throwing random things together until you get something half decent, and more powerful weapons being rare to find. It's a shame we have so little information on this major game system, really wish we could get some more dev info as it's been a really long time. In other news, my cyberdwarf body pillow has stopped being funny and has started to become embarrassing. I have it hidden behind my other pillows and only use it to help with back support when I want to sit up in bed.

$100 for two and a half years of funniness is pretty good imo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ryaomon posted:

but dont mind me please continue saying "is space jam canon" for the next 80 pages

ur defending a game with tiny tina or whatever in it dude.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

slouch posted:

Though you are Ungrateful, the Cyberdwarf is There 4 U.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Ryaomon posted:

Please post more about your thoughts on this game

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
why would anyone ask if space jam is canon. it is canon

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

why would anyone ask if space jam is canon. it is canon

I'm just... uh... asking for a friend...

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

But what about the space jam cannon?

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Gortarius posted:

You use your SMELT POINTS to reload gun's. You get smelt points by smelting gun's OR by collecting Wild Smelt Points (not yet implemented). You can also get a gun affix that has a chance to restore a small amount of bullets every time you fire it. Right now if you get that affix and you have a magazine with 50+ ammo you very rarely run out of ammo for that gun. But even without one you find a lot of gun's to use as a crutch and then smelt them afterwards.

Are 'bonfire' refills still in the game?

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

Someone point me at another game with customizable guns like this that isn't a lovely f2p fps.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is the closest you're gonna get to Barkley 2 until 2037.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Bullets as currency is deep, maaaaaaan.

Where did I say you had to turn them into bullets first?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Are zaubers available? can you breed zauber essences?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Ryaomon posted:

Nothing in human history is less funny than Borderlands. Jerry Lewis' "The Day The Clown Cried" is funnier than Borderlands. The actual, real Holocaust is funnier than Borderlands.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Hopefully this game comes out soon so we can replace the "x is canon" joke with a slightly newer meme.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

kikkelivelho posted:

Hopefully this game comes out soon so we can replace the "x is canon" joke with a slightly newer meme.

The game will come out after Space Jam 2 and we can all just repeat the whole thing in a tired, lame, meta joke

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Under the vegetable posted:

The game will come out after Space Jam 2 and we can all just repeat the whole thing in a tired, lame, meta joke

I thought we'd all agreed that Space Jam 2 and the actual vidcon game Barkley Shut Up and Jam 2 take place in an alternate universe in which the B-Ballpocalypse did not occur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

slouch posted:

Your gun's aren't very longterm, unless you come across some super good combination of affixes that you don't want to risk losing in gun'sfusion just yet. You find a lot of gun'sdrop's and you can unload them on foes, smelt them, fuse them or refill and keep using them. The normal gun'sdrop's are usually just middle of the road or just plain shyte so they are more just a resource that you recycle into your more refined gun's.

PS. There was some talk here about universal bullets and if I've understood correctly that basically means a single shared resource among all gun's in deus ex whatever (???), which sounds like a terrible idea and we wish we would've thought of it first but since we didn't we won't have it in b2. You just have gun's and they have their own ammo max and ammo in them which are independent from whatever other gun's you have.

PSS. There was some Affix rearrangement work yesterday and it seems the final max combination is 18 + 60 + 45.