Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

etalian posted:

It's another expedition focused game with a similar feel to FTL and can be frustrating for similar reasons such as the need to get lucky in
order to survive the harder expeditions.

Oregon Trail, then?

The animations look very basic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If you like Tower Defences, Gemcraft: Chasing Shadows and Winged Sakura: Mindy's Arc are both on sale this week. You can get them both for about fifteen bucks and they're pretty great.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
If you like Tower Defenses, then the best one is Immortal Defense and it's also available since it finally was released on steam.

woytaz
Jun 13, 2010

Tempest_56 posted:

Note that with the Paradox Build-A-Bundle currently in the Humble store, you can get it/most of the DLCs for 90% off. If you are even slightly interested you should go for it.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about in my post. You can get the base game, all 6 expansions and some of the cosmetic DLC for less than 16€. It's crazy good value.

EDIT: Immortal Defense is awesome!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Frequent recommendation Hexcells is a week-long deal, too.
Same 70% off it's been before.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Side note: at what point in Dying Light do zombies not need like a dozen hits to drop? It's getting a little annoying. I'm only at the part where I have to turn on the towers for Rais, but still.

I played for an embarrassingly long time using the starter weapon recipes until I realized that a lot of the random weapons I was picking up and just scrapping had way higher damage outputs than the ones you could craft.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Evil Mastermind posted:

Side note: at what point in Dying Light do zombies not need like a dozen hits to drop? It's getting a little annoying. I'm only at the part where I have to turn on the towers for Rais, but still.

Between level 8 and 12 you'll start getting large bladed weapons to spawn such as swords. That's when.

kazmeyer posted:

I played for an embarrassingly long time using the starter weapon recipes until I realized that a lot of the random weapons I was picking up and just scrapping had way higher damage outputs than the ones you could craft.

It's not so much that weapons you craft are worse than pickups as much as a single extra level can make a huge difference in power (Not to mention the differences in types of weapons; swords are crazy good while machetes are so-so and only marginally better than blunt weapons) so don't get too attached to your favorite gear, swap out all the time.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 7, 2015

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Occultatio posted:

If you haven't had this a-ha moment yet (there's one relatively early puzzle that pushes you hard into figuring it out), time slows down by like 40x when you go into clone-placement mode. So that makes most timing-based puzzles vastly easier to execute, and iirc there are only about 2 puzzles in the game where your placement actually does have to be perfect (one of them was one of like 2 I looked up a hint for, and it turned out I had the exact right idea but wasn't being precise enough).

Overall, The Swapper has some seriously good puzzle design, with probably fewer bullshit puzzles than the vast majority of games (or at least games that aim for its level of difficulty).

The problem is that the bullshit puzzles are at the end, and as far as I can tell you have to solve all of them. It's not "here's some extra credit puzzles if you think you're so good :smug:" it's "haha it turns out you need 127 orbs and the last ten are bullshit :smuggo:"

I'd rather a game start out with unfun puzzles, to make it obvious that I can just null it right away (e.g. Antichamber.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

Between level 8 and 12 you'll start getting large bladed weapons to spawn such as swords. That's when.
Given how much the game is pissing me off just trying to do the early Rais mission where you have to find the blueprints while being shot at and grenaded, I don't even know if I'm going to bother getting that far.

Maybe I should just start over or something, but so far this game is more aggravating as poo poo than a fun zombie murder simulator.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Given how much the game is pissing me off just trying to do the early Rais mission where you have to find the blueprints while being shot at and grenaded, I don't even know if I'm going to bother getting that far.

Maybe I should just start over or something, but so far this game is more aggravating as poo poo than a fun zombie murder simulator.
There must be something you're really doing wrong, are you very mobile and running a lot, even escaping encounters if they get too tough? All humans are laughable because one well placed molotov kills a whole group and with zombies you just have to run a lot at first - there's a whole parkour system in the game for a reason. I mean the game isn't a cakewalk at first and later there will be a brutal mission here and there (but just because of special zombies) but it definitely doesn't require some superskills, it's still a mainstream AAA game.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
For those of you looking for an experience more "authentic" than Huniepop, the Japanese voice update for Sakura Fantasy has just dropped, and it's 50% off to celebrate.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Man, Cook Serve Delicious is one of those sleeper hits that I am glad I finally picked up. Then again I legitimately enjoyed cooking mama so maybe I am just a deviant mind

ookiimarukochan posted:

For those of you looking for an experience more "authentic" than Huniepop, the Japanese voice update for Sakura Fantasy has just dropped, and it's 50% off to celebrate.

Kawaii desu~

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Man, Cook Serve Delicious is one of those sleeper hits that I am glad I finally picked up. Then again I legitimately enjoyed cooking mama so maybe I am just a deviant mind
Given that it's getting a proper HD sequel for PC and PS4 next year, you're probably not alone in your keyboard-mashing deviancy.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Shima Honnou posted:

It's not so much that weapons you craft are worse than pickups as much as a single extra level can make a huge difference in power (Not to mention the differences in types of weapons; swords are crazy good while machetes are so-so and only marginally better than blunt weapons) so don't get too attached to your favorite gear, swap out all the time.

Are we at the point that everyone can agree that number creep is bad, and not a good thing to base progression on?

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

The Kins posted:

Given that it's getting a proper HD sequel for PC and PS4 next year, you're probably not alone in your keyboard-mashing deviancy.

I hope the sequel has less of a grind. The number of days to rank up to the next star level was way too high.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Eldred posted:

I hope the sequel has less of a grind. The number of days to rank up to the next star level was way too high.
From the developer blog:

quote:

There was a lot of “grind” in the last game; is that something you’ll be fixing for the new game?

Absolutely, that was a big priority for this one. The reason for the small amount of foods/content in the last game was because quite frankly I didn’t have enough money to do more. Now that CSD 1 was successful, I was able to add in a ton of new content and foods for CSD 2 that allow me to do a lot more events, challenges, etc. that are unveiled through the course of the main campaign. I want each in game completed day to bring something brand new to the table.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
So the WItcher 3 is getting a ... romance/relationship patch soonish, I suppose? They apparently are updating/adding to it based on forums feedback.

quote:

“We’ll be adding some additional dialogue for Triss and Yennefer in the upcoming patch due to the fan feedback. We’ve read many opinions on our forums where gamers weren’t satisfied with the way their romance choices were fleshed out, so we wanted to change that by adding some extra conversational options.”
:catstare:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How quickly does the Humble Store restock keys? I just bought some Paradox DLC and am being told the keys are temporarily exhausted.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
It's on the developer, they'll let them know they need more keys and you gotta wait on whoever's responsible for that in the company to go get more. It'll probably be pretty quick, but it's subject to human error.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I would do the Ground Zeroes Side Ops and XOF missions just for fun (and it helps you practice the controls/surveying the same area, which comes in handy in TPP), but none of the actual transfer content is that essential. The operative you extract in the Rescue Side Op Hideo! is the only really good one, and maybe the Finger and the Eye; the rest have terrible stats and you will recruit better people in the first hour of TPP.

Don't freak out if you don't see Glaz and Palitz immediately, as they join when your Intel unit is built.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Drifter posted:

So the WItcher 3 is getting a ... romance/relationship patch soonish, I suppose? They apparently are updating/adding to it based on forums feedback.

threesome confirmed :mrgw:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's going to be Geralt turning down both Yen and Triss and running off with his husbando Roche into the sunset.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Accordion Man posted:

It's going to be Geralt turning down both Yen and Triss and running off with his husbando Roche into the sunset.

I think you mean Iorveth you filthy dh'oine

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

kazil posted:

I think you mean Iorveth you filthy dh'oine

Why can't it be both.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

kazil posted:

I think you mean Siegfried you filthy dh'oine

:colbert:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Nah you're safe Cook Serve Delicious is mesmerizing. It's like pure game.

The Kins posted:

From the developer blog:

Thank you for informing me that there's a developer blog, it's pretty entertaining. (And actually making me wish it was 2016.)

quote:

I did have one design direction: I didn’t want to see any customers smiling or frowning. They absolutely must have a plain face, neither angry nor happy, but definitely not sad. She absolutely nailed it. [...] When I was designing the first game I wanted to make it as completely opposite of the other cooking sims on the market as possible. Seeing the big eyed cheery customers of other cooking sims didn’t seem right to me. But mainly I just thought it was plain funnier to see non-excited people in a game like this.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So CSD 2 is a body horror game?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

ookiimarukochan posted:

Do you mean Sakura Angels?

Fantasy is a different game, one without a discount.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Drifter posted:

I hope that means more puns.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Orv posted:

So CSD 2 is a body horror game?

It might be, just look at the banner for the game.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
CK forced to change their game based on fan feedback? My word! Where is the artistic integrity! I bet Gamergate will have a lot to say about this!

Oh....it's about loving the two hot chicks? Never mind....

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lord Lambeth posted:

I hope that means more puns.

more hookups on a unicorn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfjLRuE1CLw

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

CK forced to change their game based on fan feedback? My word! Where is the artistic integrity! I bet Gamergate will have a lot to say about this!

:yikes:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Really Pants posted:

threesome confirmed :mrgw:
That...that's actually already in the game.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The Kins posted:

Awesome, I will keep an eye on it.

I do wonder how they are going to work it out on the PS4, hopefully not scrolling through items. It works fine with a key board because you can just hit the keys for the first letter most of the time, but limited buttons means that it will either be scrolling or arbitrary buttons.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The buttons would be arbitrary, but I think it'd actually up the difficulty and the fun in an appreciable way. L2 L2 R1 X A A B L2 or whatever is your pizza, that'd be cool.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I don't even know if this is sarcastic or serious but one second into reading your post I was rolling my eyes and thinking "Jesus, just loving enough with the gamergate bullshit already."

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

For a thing you don't like you sure brought it up completely out of nowhere.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

So Proxy Blade Zero is a buck right now, has anybody here played and what did you think of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

So Proxy Blade Zero is a buck right now, has anybody here played and what did you think of it.

I really really wanted to like it and the combat's decent Revengeance-lite but super early on it introduces enemies with ranged attacks while giving you no good means of dealing with them. Even bumping it down to Easy I just found it too frustrating and gave up without getting very far.

• Locked thread