Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Popular Thug Drink posted:

we'll see, spending a four day weekend in jail might have softened her edge. i'm sure most people who end up in jail really regret the events that brought them there after a few days, only this lady had a literal get out of jail free card in her pocket and decided to use it

They confiscate everything on your person after going in so I doubt it was in her pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Popular Thug Drink posted:

we'll see, spending a four day weekend in jail might have softened her edge. i'm sure most people who end up in jail really regret the events that brought them there after a few days, only this lady had a literal get out of jail free card in her pocket and decided to use it

She didn't have to. The couple got married. The event for which she was jailed in contempt passed.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

The Longhorns cap really makes the picture.

Woo boy did they get whooped.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am assuming the girls poster says "obey God not the law" which is quite a scary idea to have.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

euphronius posted:

I am assuming the girls poster says "obey God not the law" which is quite a scary idea to have.

Excuse me?? This is extremely Islamophobic.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

richardfun posted:

Apparently, her underlings have been issuing licenses that don't have her name on it. Now the question becomes if she will insist that she's the boss in her office and her name has to be on them. God, I hope she does.

Her lawyers are saying yep, gonna block it.
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/lawyers-vow-kim-davis-will-violate-court-order-and-halt-marriage-licenses-after-release-from-jail/

Got to wonder if they can be disbarred.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Yeah I'm getting kinda worried lawyers like hers exist. Hope somebody is investigating them.

Rygar201 posted:

Why? Aren't they just representing their client?

You don't get to break the law for kicks, and if your client is guilty of being lazy and dumb as she is, they're joining in her lawbreaking.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Rygar201 posted:

Their client is GAWD :smuggo:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I'm pretty okay with Kim Davis sitting in jail for however long she wants. Our prison system is a nightmare but jail ≠ prison and fundie morons wasting their time and money to show solidarity is time and money that won't be directed towards some other asinine cause that human zoo is attached to.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The reason why there are so few legislative days this month? GOD! As illustrated by this helpful graphic from the Majority Leader's office (edited by a NBC reporter).

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Seriously though, they're literally doing what they should be right? It's not as if they're deceiving the court or acting contrary to their client's wishes or interests.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Rygar201 posted:

Last I checked the State Bar Association doesn't like it when a lawyer actively and publicly encourage their clients to break the law in such grandiose fashion.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Thankfully there are people at the Kim Davis counter-demonstration willing to discuss the breaking of God's covenant.

Also, someone wore his best suit and fedora :3:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rygar201 posted:

Seriously though, they're literally doing what they should be right? It's not as if they're deceiving the court or acting contrary to their client's wishes or interests.

According to this disobeying the court order was the lawyers' idea to begin with.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Joementum posted:

Thankfully there are people at the Kim Davis counter-demonstration willing to discuss the breaking of God's covenant.

I count 4 fedoras in this image.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

haveblue posted:

According to this disobeying the court order was the lawyers' idea to begin with.

Kim, honey, do you mind stepping up onto this altar? Never mind the blood and knife, just lay back and relax.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

haveblue posted:

I can sorta believe that. its like when Jahi McMath controversy. the "pro-life" lawyer fed the mom a load of bullshit about how kid was still alive and would wake up at any moment and the evil liberal doctor were trying to kill her. These assholes want to create martyrs or cases when their shouldnt be any.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

On the one hand, fedora. On the other hand, he wore a proper suit with it, it's sunny outside, and he's on the pro-gay marriage side.

I declare this fedora acceptable.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Who is this uncircumsized Philistine, that he should taunt the armies of THE LIVING GOD? FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

is a winner.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

Kim, honey, do you mind stepping up onto this altar? Never mind the blood and knife, just lay back and relax.

I guess the angel of the lord got held up in traffic.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

fade5 posted:

On the one hand, fedora. On the other hand, he wore a proper suit with it, it's sunny outside, and he's on the pro-gay marriage side.

No it's really not. He's just a seemingly alright dude with the sense of style of a brick.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

fade5 posted:

The only moral fedora is my (sides) fedora?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

fade5 posted:

Fine.
But the others in t shirts and sunglasses... :toughguy:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

fade5 posted:

I find you in contempt of good fashion sense. You are to refrain from making any fashion judgments here forthwith.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

fade5 posted:

Unless you post your degree in Hat Law, I can't accept this as anything but the opinion of a layman.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Nonsense posted:

Who is this uncircumsized Philistine, that he should taunt the armies of THE LIVING GOD? FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

is a winner.

What, somebody went to the beach and saw a guy in a speedo?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
5 quotes in a row, goons do not disappoint:v:

Seriously though, Davis has apparently decided to go full martyr:

Three Olives posted:

Holy gently caress, doubling down, she will not agree to issue the license. She's totally going to violate the order again tomorrow. :neckbeard:
So looks like we're really doing it this way.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
You know which President could have settled this fedora dispute? Harry Truman.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
LMAO @ Supreme Court Bar Member, Brilliant Harvard and Princeton Grad and US Senator Ted Cruz going down there to pander to those dumb rubes and not even getting on the stage.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Joementum posted:

Some Smart Takes(TM) outside the courthouse.

The sign in the back says "AIDS: Judgment or Cure?", by the way.

And on the reverse side "got aids yet?"

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

mcmagic posted:

LMAO @ Supreme Court Bar Member, Brilliant Harvard and Princeton Grad and US Senator Ted Cruz going down there to pander to those dumb rubes and not even getting on the stage.

Too bad too, because I'd really like to see him try to logic away how supreme court decisions aren't valid and that courts are all bullshit when he's spent his whole career arguing before them and recognizing the validity of the process.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fried Chicken posted:

Look, he's just askin' questions.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Joementum posted:

Some Smart Takes(TM) outside the courthouse.

The sign in the back says "AIDS: Judgment or Cure?", by the way.

Who are these people who just always have coloured cardboard lying around?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

richardfun posted:

Who are these people who just always have coloured cardboard lying around?

Hobby Lobby has tons of it.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Fried Chicken posted:

I honestly can't figure out how someone can hate so much.
Isn't that just asking for an early death from stress and heart failure?

So their religion says they are supposed to love their brother and accept everyone, whatever. I don't even care anymore. You crazy fucks are killing yourselves with your hate.
(I do care because they are hurting other people, but just die already).

Pohl fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 8, 2015

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

fade5 posted:

Seriously though, Davis has apparently decided to go full martyr:

That book deal and Fox News talking head appearance sure sounds tempting.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mcmagic posted:

His desperate pandering is really sad for a guy who was a respected appeals laywer.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

euphronius posted:

His desperate pandering is really sad for a guy who was a respected appeals laywer.

The contrast of what his history is vs what he is as a politician will never not be sad/funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

ReidRansom posted:

Too bad too, because I'd really like to see him try to logic away how supreme court decisions aren't valid and that courts are all bullshit when he's spent his whole career arguing before them and recognizing the validity of the process.

"God"

• Locked thread