Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Barvo posted:

Lmao

https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=591060261&itemname=The%20Taikonaut

The Taikonaut

The helmets worn by the first Chinese lunar colonists of the golden age

All Rocket Launchers gain tracking, radar remains visible while zooming with Heavy Weapons, and Heavy Ammo drops increase when using a Rocket Launcher.

:gizz: :gizz:

edit: The Fabian Strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

quote:

Orb generation is now capped to a maximum of 8 orbs at once when wearing exotic armor items that increase orb spawning rates

So I haven't really used any pieces of armor with that perk in a while, but..Isn't being able to put out more than 8 orbs sort of the point?

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Polaron posted:

So I haven't really used any pieces of armor with that perk in a while, but..Isn't being able to put out more than 8 orbs sort of the point?

I think you'll generate 5 instead of four still when killing a major. But you'll stay capped at 8 instead of 9 if you do some more killing.

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

Polaron posted:

eh, it was only 1 extra orb in my experience and you also got to pop out more orbs per kill

very useful for hunters since their orb generation capability seemed lower than other classes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, now it's not about dropping more, it's about dropping 8 faster and with fewer kills.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ARs are crazy in PvE right now. :stare:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ace of Spades sounds loving awesome and potential for infinite ammo. Altho handguns are nerfed to poo poo. We'll see how they perform tho.

Autorifle supermacy is loving awesome - cant wait to collect.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Autorifle supremacy is good but armory confirms no year 2 hard light :(

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
So has anyone found the raid drops on the armory yet?

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

The Meat Dimension posted:

In the armory it has 30 impact. Do you know if that was the same previously?

Also looks like we get to chase Reflection Sum, same stats different year

Yup, 30 impact was the 2 pulse kill impact afaik

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Is dabahdu allowed back

#hasdabahdulandedyet

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Looks like The Fate of All Fools is reskinned as The Jade Rabbit

Mr.Citrus posted:

Yup, 30 impact was the 2 pulse kill impact afaik

Well, either way, you'll know before I do. I'm heading to work right now.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Barvo posted:

The new ram is the stag. Nice antlers.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=2778128367&itemname=THE%20STAG

"Chance to respawn with an overshield"

Methinks that portends interesting trials changes.

Uhh that says you can reforge it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

super macho dude posted:

Twilight Garrison, titan armor, Evade in mid-air perk :vince:

i refuse to believe that Bungie is actually giving Titans something worthwhile

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

haveblue posted:

Autorifle supremacy is good but armory confirms no year 2 hard light :(

Yet. Yet, goddamnit. They've said they'll continue trickling out updated y1 exotics over the course of TTK.

Hopefully. What this really means is we'll get like 4 more when Destiny 2.1 comes out, and maybe half a dozen more with TTK:whatever they call this years HoW

I just really want a updated HL to tool around and enjoy the new changes with.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
If the armory as shown is a comprehensive list of everything for year 2, here is a full rundown on Exotics getting carried over:

Weapons

Thunderlord
Truth
SUROS Regime
Monte Carlo
The 4th Horseman
Invective
The Last Word
Hawkmoon

Titan armor

No Backup Plans
ACD/0 Feedback Fence
Ruin Wings
An Insurmountable Skullfort
Crest of Alpha Lupi
The Armamentarium
Ruin Wings
Eternal Warrior
Helm of Inmost Light
Helm of Saint-14
Glasshouse
Peregrine Greaves
Mk. 44 Stand Asides

Warlock

Heart of the Praxic Fire
Purifier Robes
Starfire Protocol
Voidfang Vestments
Sunbreakers
Apotheosis Veil
Nothing Manacles
Light Beyond Nemesis
Obsidian Mind
Skull of Dire Ahamkara
The Ram
Claws of Ahamkara

Hunter

Lucky Raspberry
Don't Touch Me
Khepri's Sting
Young Ahamkara's Spine
Achlyophage Symbiote
ATS/8 Arachnid
Celestial Nighthawk
Knucklehead Radar
Mask of the Third Man
Bones of Eao
Radiant Dance Machines

Pretty sure that's it, although I may have listed one of the new Ahamkara pieces, there are so many that it's confusing.

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 8, 2015

saint gerald
Apr 17, 2003

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/category?order=3&dir=2&source=3551688287

No weapons or armor (yet). Material that gives better rewards if you defeat Oryx with at least 20 of them(!).

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

There's probably some omissions because The Stranger's Rifle is gone, too.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
Purifier Robe now gives increased Armor with solar class. Lucky Raspberry same with Arc class. I guess lots of pieces are going to have the (nerfed) Ram capability now, plus other perks that actually match your build.

Fabian Strategy gives you a reason to play a reckless, auto respawn Sunsinger rather than go for reduced damage.

The Slithery D fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 8, 2015

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm super sad that my year 1 relics are useless in more ways than one. :smith:

On the other hand all the new toys look super rad and oh boy new carrots to chase. :unsmith:

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I put this game down shortly after I got access to Mars. If I start again when TTK is out, will I still be able to find people to do old missions with?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Portable Staplefrog posted:

I put this game down shortly after I got access to Mars. If I start again when TTK is out, will I still be able to find people to do old missions with?

Next week, probably. People are going to be doing lots of xp grinding and if the old missions give bonus xp finding people to play with should be easy.

On the other hand, the story missions are pretty easy and you can solo burn through them without a lot of fuss.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

marauderthirty posted:

If the armory as shown is a comprehensive list of everything for year 2, here is a full rundown on Exotics getting carried over:
ACD/0 Feedback Fence
Happy about this one. Underrated IMO

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i refuse to believe that Bungie is actually giving Titans something worthwhile

One loving line in the patch notes for Titans(2 if you count the Insurmountable Skullfort), they give no shits about Titans at all. I'm going all in on Hunter for Year 2.

Portable Staplefrog posted:

It should be pretty easy at the beginning, assuming everyone has those new quest lines unfilled, regardless of level.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Roman posted:

Happy about this one. Underrated IMO

Compare to the Thagomizers, which look like huge fun. :getin:

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

and i bet people will still be playing Year 1 versions of Vault of Glass and Crota's End and maybe even Prison of Elders in year 2, if only to take their new shiny toys in and stunt all over the vex/hive/Variks the Bonglord

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Started the download two hours ago, its THUNDERING along at 8% complete :v:

Hopefully I'll see some Boners playing tonight when I get home from work.

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

*stares at ir yut, unsheathes my Exotic Steel*

YEAH IT COULD BE A DICK JOKE TOO WE GET IT

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

To confirm: you have to launch Destiny to start the update? On xbone.

Gonna ask the wifey to start it up for me and want to give correct instructions.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
Looks like all the exotic arms have two reload perks, so you can get your pick of a specific primary AND a specific special OR heavy.

Edit: Correction, you pick between the primary or special/heavy options.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

To confirm: you have to launch Destiny to start the update? On xbone.

Gonna ask the wifey to start it up for me and want to give correct instructions.

Yep.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
like almost all of the new exotics own really loving hard or at least have the potential to be rad as gently caress. good job bungie. also missing from the armory is luke smith's stated favorite new exotic "a touch of malice" so i feel like there will be more of them dumped into the game next tuesday when TTK actually drops

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Barvo posted:

Lmao

https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=591060261&itemname=The%20Taikonaut

The Taikonaut

The helmets worn by the first Chinese lunar colonists of the golden age

All Rocket Launchers gain tracking, radar remains visible while zooming with Heavy Weapons, and Heavy Ammo drops increase when using a Rocket Launcher.

Dragon's Breath is gonna be awesome with that perk.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Anyone actually playing now? Are Y2 legendaries available at vendors yet or not? Not that we could buy them or anything

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Ms barvo has in fact downloaded the patch, :angel:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Elemental Transfusion: Causing damage with subclass abilities will transfuse that damage type to this weapon for a period of time.

Holy poo poo.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

hamsystem posted:

Elemental Transfusion: Causing damage with subclass abilities will transfuse that damage type to this weapon for a period of time.

Holy poo poo.

Which weapon?

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
This one's interesting: https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=2008951974&itemname=Immobius

Any other class-specific weapons anyone's found?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Danger posted:

This one's interesting: https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=2008951974&itemname=Immobius

Any other class-specific weapons anyone's found?

:fap: maaaan if that thing could roll full auto it'd be :flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Both of those perks are unique to that weapon. Guess now there are raid-class almost-exotics all over the place?

Arrath posted:

Yet. Yet, goddamnit. They've said they'll continue trickling out updated y1 exotics over the course of TTK.

Hopefully. What this really means is we'll get like 4 more when Destiny 2.1 comes out, and maybe half a dozen more with TTK:whatever they call this years HoW

I know, but I was all excited to pick HL back up right now and if that's the plan it'll be at least three months before it has another chance. Should be fun for this week, at least.

• Locked thread