Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

My only problem with Waver and Alexander being the foci is the lack of followup with them beyond Waver's cameo in UBW. Them being main characters in Zero works better if Waver's story is followed up beyond "Hey look he's Dumbledore now."

Presumably that's what El Melloi Case Files is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh right, my b

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Presumably that's what El Melloi Case Files is for.

Speaking of which, how many volumes are there out?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Write more stories on the adventures of Rin and Waver with Shiro as their packmule pls

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Twiddy posted:

Yeah, it's a hilarious powerful defense. Obviously it's helpful that you can take more than 1 life in a blow, but when Excalibur tops off at 7 lives or so that still makes him impossible in 1v1 battles for just about everyone (probably including Saber herself).

*Caliburn.

I think there's a little more flexibility to bypassing God Hand then there seems at first glance. I think the same weapon can take off lives more than once but the specific technique needs to be different. Excalibur stabbing Herakles through the heart is one death, then Excalibur+Invisible Air is another one; then Excalibur+A Spent Command Spell might be 2+ (It's also not clear if Command Spells count, so perhaps you can use them twice for additional lives). Excalibur + Excaliblast might be 4-5. This is speculation of course but if it's correct you can have exceptional Servants come pretty drat close without having to be outright overpowered or weird like Gilgamesh or EMIYA.

Herakles definitely seems like the sort of Servant why people target Masters to begin with yeah.

Baal posted:

Write more stories on the adventures of Rin and Waver with Shiro as their packmule pls

We almost got this allegedly.

rvm
May 6, 2013
The problem is that if the story focused on Waver, he'd be either dead or screwed beyond recovery. As it is, he gets his neat little arc, and that's pretty much perfect.

Baal posted:

Well, there's Lord El-Melloi II Case Files. Someone's even translating it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't see why Waver has to be maimed or tortured except that Urobuchi just refuses to write a story where his main character doesn't get hosed in some massive way.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Next fate/go event: Half ap daily and double/tripel exp chance boost from 9/9 to 9/16.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 8, 2015

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Isn't this pretty much the official answer? Shiki would have a hell of a time trying to get a hit in, but he'd just need one to basically obliterate the Servant from existence, basically.

e: also HF being a three-hour movie kinda eases my worries, they can easily fit in everything after poo poo goes down in 3 hours

Nope. Shiki can't. The only reason people believe he can is because of an oft-posted image from a doujin where he instantly kills Berserker. Also because MEoDP are a meme.

The female Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai, on the other hand, definitely can, and she even shows up as a secret boss in Fate/Extra. Her eyes are superior from a "cut everything" standpoint (since she can see the lines even on things without a normal concept of death) but unlike the guy from Tsukihime she can't see points. Though, as stated, there's still the issue of physically being able to land a hit on the Servant in the first place.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
When I talk to people about Saber, a lot of them seem to like her iteration in Fate/Zero more and I don't blame them since she has a lot of focus in that story and when you're left with the DEEN stuff and ufotable's UBW where she isn't the main focus, it's more understandable. Since Zero's a prequel though, it means she doesn't get her arc ending until Fate and UBW where she is overall more satisfied and happy.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

quote:

Though, as stated, there's still the issue of physically being able to land a hit on the Servant in the first place.
She already killed 99 servants by the time she meet the MC in extra and she gets the "you lost" scene for each servant, so I don't think she would have problem with killing most servant.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

She already killed 99 servants by the time she meet the MC in extra and she gets the "you lost" scene for each servant, so I don't think she would have problem with killing most servant.

I'm not sure if Extra should count, since the whole mechanism by which servants were summoned was different from usual; it didn't even use the real Throne of Heroes, but rather some simulation in the Moon Cell or something. Even the Shiki in that game isn't the real Shiki, but either a simulation or avatar (I forget the explanation for why she was there).

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

how the hell can shiki cut heracles' lines twelve times before getting crushed to death

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

how the hell can shiki cut heracles' lines twelve times before getting crushed to death

Because MEoDP means he only needs to get hit once.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Shiki owns and I finished kara no kyoukai

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Itt: nasuverse powerlevels

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Namtab posted:

Itt: nasuverse powerlevels

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Speaking of Lancelot, does he actually get any advantage from taking off his helmet and using his sword? It seemed like he was way stronger before he decided to do that.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

I liked Gilles having that vision of Jeanne though, because it's probably the first time I realized just how much more to the Type-Moon universe there is when you realize "Oh, she's not just fan fiction by the author."
This reminded me of Garden of Avalon, which everybody expected to be maximum saberwank but ended up being surprisingly good at fleshing out the world and their characters.
Fun fact: Vortigern was basically the avatar and last bastion of magical Britain. Seiba was basically magical british Captain America, literally made for the job of King.
The wikia page has links to translated bits.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Speaking of Lancelot, does he actually get any advantage from taking off his helmet and using his sword? It seemed like he was way stronger before he decided to do that.

Arondight is an indestructible sword that increases all his parameters of one, doubles the success rate of his saving throws, and has anti-dragon properties (so it is very effective against Saber). To use it he needs to seal away "knight of honor" (the "anything is my NP" ability) and "for someone's glory" (the "my stats are unreadable" ability).

So, Lancelot without Arondight:

Strength: A
Endurance: A
Agility: A+
M. Energy: C
Luck: B
N. Phantasm: A

Lancelot with Arondight

Strength: A+
Endurance: A+
Agility: A++
M. Energy: B
Luck: A
N. Phantasm: A

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I made it out of Rome only to be met with this

Why can't I go to the Oceanus, Grand Order?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

-Troika- posted:

Nope. Shiki can't. The only reason people believe he can is because of an oft-posted image from a doujin where he instantly kills Berserker. Also because MEoDP are a meme.
For real though, does anyone actually care about Tsukihime Shiki? At this point whenever I read Shiki I just assume people are talking about the cool one.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Baal posted:

I made it out of Rome only to be met with this

Why can't I go to the Oceanus, Grand Order?

The chapters will be released in future updates from what I understand. I think there are quite a few Grand Orders total.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh, alright. Guess I'm just grinding servants and getting more Quartz until then

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Twiddy posted:

For real though, does anyone actually care about Tsukihime Shiki? At this point whenever I read Shiki I just assume people are talking about the cool one.

I care

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Put Shiki Ryogi in Tsukihime instead and change nothing else and Tsukihime enhances in quality by a ton.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Liar, pretty sure you haven't even read Tsukihime yet.

Baal posted:

Put Shiki Ryogi in Tsukihime instead and change nothing else and Tsukihime enhances in quality by a ton.
There you go Nasu, now you can finish the Tsukihime remake.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Baal posted:

The fem shiki yuri eroge

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Twiddy posted:

Liar, pretty sure you haven't even read Tsukihime yet.

There you go Nasu, now you can finish the Tsukihime remake.

I've read a little bit. Shiki is ok.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like Tohno. Ryougi is pretty but too tied up in incomprehensible nasubabble.

Which I suppose makes her KnK incarnate, so she's appropriate at least.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here is my team as of beating Rome

I'm very proud of my frontline of all 4 stars, they've come a long way

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kara no kyoukai is so hype. Well worth £49

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still haven't watched Kara no Kyokai

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Baal posted:

I still haven't watched Kara no Kyokai

You should

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's the only big Nasu thing I still haven't seen

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Baal posted:

I've only finished the Acruid routes and started on the Ciel route reading Seorin's LP; does Shiki ever develop as a character or is he kind of a dick the whole way?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He honestly stays kinda samey most of the game. Far-Side gives a bit more to his character since that route involves people directly closer to him, but it's still kinda what you'd expect. Like the most his character changes is when he goes into a blood fury and cuts Arcueid into pieces.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Baal posted:

It's the only big Nasu thing I still haven't seen

As your friend I encourage you to get on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Twiddy posted:

He's pretty cool and he turns into a ridiculous badass later on, judging from those short stories or whatever that were supposed to be the prequel to Tsukihime 2