Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
[quote="Rad Lieutenant" post="449917146"]
Bought a bunch of picture frames :kiddo:

It looks like a shotgun that shoots poorly matched frames hit this wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

This

Combined with this Android app

Gives me so much more info about the car than the trip A & B computers and odometer I currently get.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
:wtc: goons gonna goon

That picture with the girl in knit hat is an 11x14. I think what throws everything off is how loving huge that cabinet below the tv is: https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod2770192&categoryId=cat2930010

What I take from all this is that a 50" TV is still too small for my house. Vendagoat, please photoshop a 60,65 & 70 on that wall to help me decide tia.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Can't believe I'm doing this but:

14 across times 3.25" wide is 45.5.
5 high times 5" is 25
45.5 squared is 2070.25. 25 squared is 625. Together that's 2695.25. Square root of that is:

51.916"

So yeah it's not actually a 50" tv. It's closer to 52".

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Rad Lieutenant posted:

:wtc: goons gonna goon

That picture with the girl in knit hat is an 11x14. I think what throws everything off is how loving huge that cabinet below the tv is: https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod2770192&categoryId=cat2930010

What I take from all this is that a 50" TV is still too small for my house. Vendagoat, please photoshop a 60,65 & 70 on that wall to help me decide tia.

Your room is big enough for Tom Cruise to stand on his own shoulders

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Let me blow your mind

It's a vaulted ceiling :haw:

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

After playing the demo I couldn't wait.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Notice small TV, close browser, go to bed. Wake up to TVGATE 2015.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Spamtheman posted:

After playing the demo I couldn't wait.

Must. Resist. XBONE. Purchase.

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

kreyla posted:

Nope, they are towels! Tenugui

Because I wanted towels with cat butts and cat faces on them. :colbert:

Why on earth would you link to the generic Wikipedia entry for Tenugui instead of linking to where you bought those actual towels from?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Let me blow your mind

It's a vaulted ceiling :haw:

Look, beyond all the goony gooniness, what we're trying to tell you is you should get a bigger tv. And who doesn't want a bigger tv?

Commies, that's who.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

tribbledirigible posted:

Look, beyond all the goony gooniness, what we're trying to tell you is you should get a bigger tv. And who doesn't want a bigger tv?

I think that, ultimately, we are expressing skepticism that he possess a 9" penis.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
That derail was great.

I agree that you could get a bigger tv and not have it look out of place.

Also good on him for a 10" penis.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Penis size is irrelevant as anything above 8" is pretty adequate. Anyway, I'm waiting for Vendagoat to shop my wall with larger TV sizes before making the purchase.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Do the people in this thread not realize TVs are measured diagonally, or is that the joke?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

blarzgh posted:

Do the people in this thread not realize TVs are measured diagonally, or is that the joke?

The joke is if Vendagoat is still drunk when he reads Rad Lieutenant's photoshop request and posts 60,65, and 70 inch dicks on the wall.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

blarzgh posted:

big mean giraffe posted:

Also that TV does look more like a 40" unless all of your house is oversized.

I'm not saying that Rad Lieutenant is a liar or incapable of knowing what size TV he has (he seems like an honest, not-moron), so the conclusion must be that his house and furniture are weirdly over-sized.

Hell, maybe RL is actually 9 feet tall and so it's all in proportion for him.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I think what throws everything off is how loving huge that cabinet below the tv is: https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod2770192&categoryId=cat2930010

Yeah that cabinet is hideous and huge.

But enough about Vendagoat's mother.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

spog posted:

sporg measurements

It really doesn't matter that much! Neat house (10 foot ceilings are the best), cool floors and trim (I am switching to white trim upstairs soon), and decent TV. Only upgrade the TV if it's not smart. Otherwise you'll end up with extra TVs with no place to put them.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Penis size is irrelevant as anything above 8" is pretty adequate. Anyway, I'm waiting for Vendagoat to shop my wall with larger TV sizes before making the purchase.

We are going to need a lot more vodka.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Can't believe I'm doing this but:

14 across times 3.25" wide is 45.5.
5 high times 5" is 25
45.5 squared is 2070.25. 25 squared is 625. Together that's 2695.25. Square root of that is:

51.916"

So yeah it's not actually a 50" tv. It's closer to 52".

2.75*14=38.5*38.5=1482.25
4.5*5=22.5*22.5=506.25
1482.25+506.25=1988.5
square root of 1988.5=44.5

Which means his TV is 55 inches across when I am not a huge angry drunk. :D
(and just for clarity this is a joke goons)

tribbledirigible posted:

Commies, that's who.

And this is the correct opinion.

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 15:49 on Sep 8, 2015

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Welp, she said yes, I am getting married.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

overdesigned posted:

Hell Yes! Congratulations!

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

overdesigned posted:

Congrats!

spog
Aug 7, 2004

overdesigned posted:

Is she 50" across the diagonal?

(congrats)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Make sure you replace it with a curved tv so you can hide more Tom Cruises in the gaps between the edges and the wall.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Just ordered this, can't wait till it gets here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cruise-Cardboard-Cutout-Stand-delivery/dp/B00I4742SW

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
In actual buying things news, I ordered these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SAYCVTQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

and these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MFDT894?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

davebo posted:

Make sure you replace it with a curved tv so you can hide more Tom Cruises in the gaps between the edges and the wall.

Well poo poo. Shopping for an engagement ring got a hell of a lot more confusing since I proposed to my wife. It used to be just cut, clarity, and color. Now you have to worry about curve and cruise too?

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
I bought train tickets, so the missus and I can travel up-country so she can Meet The Parents.

This could be interesting. There's going to be culture-clash.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Document it with pictures and post a thread.

You probably won't but I'm going to encourage this kind of thing anyway.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

tribbledirigible posted:

Well poo poo. Shopping for an engagement ring got a hell of a lot more confusing since I proposed to my wife. It used to be just cut, clarity, and color. Now you have to worry about curve and cruise too?

Yeah I gotta stop opening thread tabs at work then replying to the last post an hour later.

I bought this: which I'm happy about because previously in the variety pack they ditched the Abbey Ale for their Belgium Tripel which is nice but I can never find the Abbey Ales in 6-packs so I prefer having it in the variety.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Not sure what crawled into my 11 year old BBQ grill (that I powerwashed clean two months ago) but it smelled like putrid death and I took this as an opportunity to fetch me a brand new one on a Labor day sale. Was torn between this and the Broil King but despite the BK being of much better build quality we liked the features on the Char-broil much more and the last one lasted drat long.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

davebo posted:

Yeah I gotta stop opening thread tabs at work then replying to the last post an hour later.

I bought this: which I'm happy about because previously in the variety pack they ditched the Abbey Ale for their Belgium Tripel which is nice but I can never find the Abbey Ales in 6-packs so I prefer having it in the variety.

If you ever want a 6 pack of it, they sell it here. Of course I'm about 4 miles from the brewery itself so I can get it super fresh and ship "yeast samples" to you.

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.

I also bought some setting lotion for pin curls. Lady life rules.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

spog posted:

I'm not saying that Rad Lieutenant is a liar or incapable of knowing what size TV he has (he seems like an honest, not-moron), so the conclusion must be that his house and furniture are weirdly over-sized.

Hell, maybe RL is actually 9 feet tall and so it's all in proportion for him.

VendaGoat posted:

We are going to need a lot more vodka.

2.75*14=38.5*38.5=1482.25
4.5*5=22.5*22.5=506.25
1482.25+506.25=1988.5
square root of 1988.5=44.5

Which means his TV is 55 inches across when I am not a huge angry drunk. :D
(and just for clarity this is a joke goons)

And this is the correct opinion.

Guys I think you might be overthinking this.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

It's paid for and mostly downloaded, but it's a preload and I have to wait 'til Friday to actually play it.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

calandryll posted:

If you ever want a 6 pack of it, they sell it here. Of course I'm about 4 miles from the brewery itself so I can get it super fresh and ship "yeast samples" to you.

That's right neighborly of you to offer but my previous solution has always been to just buy more and more variety packs. I figure better to just have more beer overall and the Double-D IPA is like 10% so if I have that I don't have to drink as much but I have a box of 12 so there's so much I may as well drink a little more and now I'm out of my favorite of the three so it's time for another variety pack and now look how much beer I have I may as well have some more and NO i dont want to eat your yeast you gross wierdo im just kiddng yuor the best

Edit: vv Dogfish actually has a restaurant about 10 minutes from me which in addition to their beer has really good food.

davebo has a new favorite as of 22:51 on Sep 8, 2015

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

davebo posted:

That's right neighborly of you to offer but my previous solution has always been to just buy more and more variety packs. I figure better to just have more beer overall and the Double-D IPA is like 10% so if I have that I don't have to drink as much but I have a box of 12 so there's so much I may as well drink a little more and now I'm out of my favorite of the three so it's time for another variety pack and now look how much beer I have I may as well have some more and NO i dont want to eat your yeast you gross wierdo im just kiddng yuor the best

If you can find it, I like Evolution's stuff. Not sure where they ship to in MD. 16 Mile is pretty much meh. And Dogfish is about a 20 minute drive for me if you want fresh stuff from there. I'm happy to oblige more beer!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Guys I think you might be overthinking this.

A drunken night of anger and internet and I've broken people's minds.

A good night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Erudite Sybarite posted:

I also bought some setting lotion for pin curls. Lady life rules.

CIS SCUM