Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

UncleBlazer posted:

It reminds me of that Ripley clone in Alien Resurrection that just wants to die.

naturally when looking for analogies you would gravitate towards the image of a pained, fearful woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

youtube commenter posted:

correct. here's a pic i took when i tried one

hideous. would eat

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i really want to eat a kebab pizza now and im not even very drunk

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's getting cold. what cool stews etc should i plan for the next few meals

e: actually i'll start. parboil celeriac, bung it in an oven dish with dried apricots, browned lamb, peppers and onions and a pot of this. it's not what i'd call authentic but it's nice

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 8, 2015

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

there's only one sort of stew; meat, veg, stock of whatever variety you like, herbs, bung all together with a bit extra water in a large pan and cook. add to it every day and have never-ending-stew-of-your-grandfather or something.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Not 100% convinced if I should look up pizza stew recipes

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Jose posted:

watch john wick if you haven't

this too

Fluo
May 25, 2007

e: actually i'll start. parboil celeriac, bung it in an oven dish with dried apricots, browned lamb, peppers and onions and a pot of this. it's not what i'd call authentic but it's nice

oxtail stew

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Kluliss posted:

there's only one sort of stew; meat, veg, stock of whatever variety you like, herbs, bung all together with a bit extra water in a large pan and cook. add to it every day and have never-ending-stew-of-your-grandfather or something.

use beer or wine instead of water and you've vastly improved it. even cheap as poo poo aldi wine will do and i know you live next to one

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

please do not neglect the etc

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Tesco's really beat Lidl to the punch with their slogan

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I bake tortillas with a little cheese onto my pizza and it is delicious, everybody should try it

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Jose posted:

use beer or wine instead of water and you've vastly improved it. even cheap as poo poo aldi wine will do and i know you live next to one

I forgot myself, we do normally use beer in stews, just there isn't any in the house right now. Should probably remedy that...

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

XMNN posted:

they should do a great british burger off, i could do my trademark pizza burger (its a burger made of pizzas)

There's some sort of great british bbq off programme on ITV, the guy from Man Vs Food presents it

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
best BBQ in Bristol is Spitfire, but that ain't American

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

French onion soup.
Chicken pot pie.
Apple cobbler.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Fluo posted:

what about hotdogs

That is a lovely looking coney missing the two stripes of mustard and the onions :colbert:

(where the 'Michigan' is the coney. I spent 10 years in Michigan. There is no non-coney Michigan hotdog. These guys are bad at hotdogs is what I am saying. Nearly as bad as us with our genius 'American-style jarred hotdog' atrocities)

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 8, 2015

Fluo
May 25, 2007

mfcrocker posted:

best BBQ in Bristol is Spitfire, but that ain't American

I'll have to check it out, I'm so use to avoiding millennium square because always had bad feed back from any of the restaurants there but this is like 2years+ ago

Anything you recommend getting?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

feedmegin posted:

That is a lovely looking coney missing the two stripes of mustard and the onions :colbert:

(where the 'Michigan' is the coney. I spent 10 years in Michigan. There is no non-coney Michigan hotdog. These guys are bad at hotdogs is what I am saying. Nearly as bad as us with our genius 'American-style jarred hotdog' atrocities)

the norway one looks like such a sad hotdog

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Bah, I miss Bristol.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Fluo posted:

the norway one looks like such a sad hotdog

I've also lived in Norway. It's not a tortilla (Mexican food not being a huge historic influence in Scandinavia amazingly enough), it's lompe and is a flatbread made from potatoes. You can get hotdogs wrapped in lompe with potato salad as a topping and it's actually pretty legit. :sun:

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Went to the pub again, didn't drink but had an awesome trio of sausages with mash and gravy in a Yorkshire pudding

Good poo poo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gaz2k21 posted:

Went to the pub again, didn't drink but had an awesome trio of sausages with mash and gravy in a Yorkshire pudding

Good poo poo.

why aren't you drinking it seems a bit poo poo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Gaz2k21 posted:

Good poo poo.

surely that comes in the morning with a dinner like that

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Jose posted:

why aren't you drinking it seems a bit poo poo

Two reasons really, one is that I have work tomorrow early, the other is that a close mate died Sunday night and booze would have just resulted in me turning into a blubbering wreck.

I fully expect to have a righteous dump tomorrow.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

just had a lovely thai meal for the anniversary, satay skewers and tom yum soup to start then pad thai and golden parcels for main

also if anyone offers you sweet thai iced tea you burn that motherfucker with a soldering iron until they tell you how to make it this poo poo is amazing

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

I looked up about this and it turned out they got cooling fluid that looked like irn bru and idk why but tthat made me sad.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Also Ive got a crew now?

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

The Big Taff Man posted:

Also Ive got a crew now?

It's just ratjaculatiion and he is incapacitated due to savage chairshots.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Fluo posted:

I'll have to check it out, I'm so use to avoiding millennium square because always had bad feed back from any of the restaurants there but this is like 2years+ ago

Anything you recommend getting?

The Spitfire Rib is gorgeous, comes with all the belly meat too. Don't gently caress about with size - The medium is big enough for me and my wife and for us to take a doggy bag back with us for dinner the next day.

Generally though it's all really good.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

DrWrestling69 posted:

It's just ratjaculatiion and he is incapacitated due to savage chairshots.

I was hoping it was Bobby P, Phoon and Bozza.

Fucks sake Ratjaculation, the only way this could get worse is if mfcrocker, Party Boat and no-one joined

Fluo
May 25, 2007

mfcrocker posted:

The Spitfire Rib is gorgeous, comes with all the belly meat too. Don't gently caress about with size - The medium is big enough for me and my wife and for us to take a doggy bag back with us for dinner the next day.

Generally though it's all really good.

awesome will report back when i get the chance to check it out :D

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

No love for Flame and Grill pub burgers?
Likewise spoons do nice burgers.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
hello

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

good morning

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
archies is the best manc burger

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The Big Taff Man posted:

I was hoping it was Bobby P, Phoon and Bozza.

Fucks sake Ratjaculation, the only way this could get worse is if mfcrocker, Party Boat and no-one joined

tbf having your dad in your crew would be pretty embarrassing

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

dad crew would be best crew

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back

freelop posted:

No love for Flame and Grill pub burgers?
Likewise spoons do nice burgers.

If this is the same brand I'm thinking about, those places are worryingly cheap but the food is still really good. Want to go do the burger challenge one day and get my face on the fat gently caress wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I don't wanna be in Taff's crew, he'd probably take everyone running :(