Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

It was useless at night but the player who died with it (should have) been flipped as "town-aligned" because I am a """fun""" mod. I was super hoping someone would die with it while holding the dagger so they'd be a "Murderer (town-aligned assassin)"

Now that would have been hilarious to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Great job SamVimes. I didnt really have a read on you at all despite your good amount of posting. Definitely stick around bud!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Realising the jar was useless when Lumpen died after using it was :allears: Shoulda roleblocked ljtri that night (thanks qpq for the boards)

Thanks BK! I was worried about suspicion on me earlier, but it looks like passing the pearl to Rarity put me solidly in town for a good while for most people.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
my meta is legit get lynched D1 or win* and that's alright with me

*getting end gamed at pretty much the last possible night is close enough

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Nobody would have suspected me if stupid Mithross hadn't watched stupid Keane with the stupid coin. :v:

Also, I was totally right about diqnol being the bus driver.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
This game seems a little skewed towards a scum victory. But I had fun and I thought I got sam for sure but for some reason I never even imagined there would be a second scum left.

Especially considering Hal and I were the only one's left so they should have already won anyway because they would technically have controlled 50% of the vote anyway.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

my meta is legit get lynched D1 or win* and that's alright with me

*getting end gamed at pretty much the last possible night is close enough

You didn't win or get end gamed in the complete bullshit game. Therefore lynch all liars. ;)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

This game seems a little skewed towards a scum victory. But I had fun and I thought I got sam for sure but for some reason I never even imagined there would be a second scum left.

Especially considering Hal and I were the only one's left so they should have already won anyway because they would technically have controlled 50% of the vote anyway.

The pearl holder was at -1 to dunk, so you still had a chance.

I was convinced you were the SK and that's why you knew I was town :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

You didn't win or get end gamed in the complete bullshit game. Therefore lynch all liars. ;)

Wait, did we lynch you D1 of that game?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The reason why scum didn't autowin I think is that there were 3 votes of 4 required to lynch, making the pearl essential to win for that day. If both town voted me before Samfu turned up and then the surviving town player voted me the next day, they could have won. It would have been hilarious if when 1 vote is required to win, holding the hated pearl resulted in auto lynch.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I thought you were town because I roleblocked you the first night I was in the game because I figured youd try to kill me but when you didn't really respond to it and didnt mention a roleblock I figured you were vanilla, probably town.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

SirSamVimes posted:

The reason why scum didn't autowin I think is that there were 3 votes of 4 required to lynch, making the pearl essential to win for that day. If both town voted me before Samfu turned up and then the surviving town player voted me the next day, they could have won. It would have been hilarious if when 1 vote is required to win, holding the hated pearl resulted in auto lynch.

Yep I got that after I posted.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I love how diqnol's one shot bus drive haunted the scum team for the rest of the game.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

TMMadman posted:

Wait, did we lynch you D1 of that game?

Didn't we win that game?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
My only real regret is not going with my gut and shooting Samfucius D2. I literally had a request for people to unvote merk typed out and so I could shoot and just didn't post it. WIFOM hurts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

I love how diqnol's one shot bus drive haunted the scum team for the rest of the game.

I think it haunted town more because us scum were able to use it more effectively. Plus it stopped LJ from harpooning someone on N3.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
Sorry, guys.

I fully intended to come back and go into why we shouldn't lynch PMom but then I got caught up with the end of the 85 player game.

I was a terrible townclear.

At least I shot Lumpen?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Claiming vig was probably a bad idea too, because that's what made you our next NK

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

Didn't we win that game?

Wait I thought you were scum that game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If only town (BK) had the courage to take the shot on Lumpen. I wonder how this all would have gone then.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
This game was disappointing.

Sorry, everyone.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

However, I am heartened by the fact that I was right about Lumpen for all of those posts. I feel people were more concerned with how rude/moody I was being than the content I was presenting. Well, cya.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You did a good thing by pooning Lumpen. Your mistake was just not doing it earlier.

And yeah diqnol, the big fight you got in with merk allowed us to discredit you more.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Thoughts:
1) I think Diqnol sacrificed his win condition when going all in on me being scum. I would have backed away from casing him if he backed away from my case, and I think he would've won if that happened. If I'm actually scum, the scum have to night kill him. If I'm town, he gets lynched. I don't see how he wins with how he played on me d1.
2) The scum actually had a strategy of 'we can get merk lynched.' That was their entire d2 strategy. Lumpen made a great case on me that I think sealed it.
3) I really liked the setup. I had some sour grapes about the pearl in lylo because I think more often than not it eventually gets to scum in the end anyway, but I think the Hated status really balances it out. It was a race condition between the pearl holder and CPig/Hal showing up to the thread. Really cool.
4) I 100% agree with Ecco's decision to modkill f_v. Lumpen, what the hell?
5) The game, even though I was lynched and lost, was a personal win for me because I convinced a Town TNL that I was town in spite of everyone else saying otherwise. :shobon:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sorry merk I'd just read the tournament thread/doc and the way you handled that scared me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hnnng I wish I had been around longer. Told Rarity I wanted to case TMM, votes Vimes and Samfu. >:[

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Thanks for the game everyone.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TMMadman posted:

Now that would have been hilarious to watch.

Reverse death millers are never hilarious to watch.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I was pretty obviously scum imo, thanks for not being able to agree on that.

I had fun, even the bullshit 3 am lumpen mess is funny in hindsight.

I still ain't playing with the guy again, though.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

At least you came through in the end after being lurky. You still managed to help secure the win.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Good game scum. I had some moments earlier and wish I had made it to later days.

Keane not voting may have cost us the game, it could have been the difference between lynching merk and getting him another day + scum lynch. Voting is such a huge part of this game, not voting as a townie means you're gimping your team and ceding control of the lynch to the scum. That kind of poo poo may be fun for the person pulling a gimmick like that, but for everyone else it's frustrating to see someone sit on their hands for no reason.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Seeing Keane's flip made me so angry.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

The Ninth Layer posted:

Good game scum. I had some moments earlier and wish I had made it to later days.

Keane not voting may have cost us the game, it could have been the difference between lynching merk and getting him another day + scum lynch. Voting is such a huge part of this game, not voting as a townie means you're gimping your team and ceding control of the lynch to the scum. That kind of poo poo may be fun for the person pulling a gimmick like that, but for everyone else it's frustrating to see someone sit on their hands for no reason.

I did have a plan, it didn't work out.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

What was the plan?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was a little weirded out by you Keane, but it was also funny that you said you were a ghost because the dagger we had stated that it not only killed the body, it also dissipated the soul.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry everyone, the last few days coincided with my barely being available and if I had been I would have pushed Samfu much harder since I though he was scum from like the first post he made but never got the time to make a good case on him. I am disappointed in myself but the timing of when this thread was open just ended up really being against me (mostly because of work).

I think Ecco handled everything properly from what I can see, but regardless the scum did a good job overall and they should be commended.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

SirSamVimes posted:

What was the plan?

Sh child, don't you fret.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The game is over and I am curious. :saddowns:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Pinterest Mom posted:

You saw a wagon on me that had Sam, Sam, and Lumpen, and you jumped on it.

As I said, I didn't have the mental wherewithal to think critically. I made a few assumptions early on and never re-examined them. It just took too much effort and I was too tired to even verify if my posts made sense. My vote on you, referencing WIFOM, is a good example of this. In absence of my thoughts, I gravitated toward people that seemed confident in their reads. What happened is that I read an earlier post from Lumpen, thought he had put effort into said post, and blindly echoed his sentiments. Events like these happened more often that I would like to admit and it contributed to the town's loss.

Of course, these realizations provide very little solace now. All I can do is try to avoid repeating these errors in the future. Unfortunately, I have a recurring problem where I see something I am interested in and bend over backwards to get involved in it, even if my schedule doesn't fit. If I don't flake, I produce a really poor quality product that has little thought put into it. My brief foray into the Let's Play forum and my participation in Creative Convention's Thunderdome are examples of this tendency. I've gotten a little better at dealing with the issue, but I really need to recognize my limitations before I decide to participate.

I'm sorry you got lynched. It was a dumb vote and I probably would have rejected the bandwagon in any other situation. While the game was balanced toward the Mafia, actions like these are what made scum victory inevitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
QPQ I actually started treating you mentally as part of the scum team D2, and none of your posts seemed out of place. Some mild bussing but nothing serious.

N2 I actually forgot you weren't scum when thinking about the game.

• Locked thread