Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Baal posted:

He honestly stays kinda samey most of the game.

This is the opposite of the truth; Shiki's characterization is wildly inconsistent. In the final route he suddenly becomes Shirou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Baal posted:

Here is my team as of beating Rome

I'm very proud of my frontline of all 4 stars, they've come a long way

Out of curiosity, why do you not have your support slot in your starting three? I have a number of people on my friends list with level 50+ (with the highest being about 70) servants, so it's pretty much always better for me to use them in my starting party.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not gonna lie, it's been a while since I played Tsukihime, so I don't remember a lot of Shiki's characterization beyond him feeling the same through every route and any finer details have escaped me since then. Right now it's p much all of the girls' characterization, sillier plot twists, and some bad ends.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya posted:

Out of curiosity, why do you not have your support slot in your starting three? I have a number of people on my friends list with level 50+ (with the highest being about 70) servants, so it's pretty much always better for me to use them in my starting party.

Mostly because I just wanna see if my servants can run the opponents on their own. It's making the game harder for me, but it's still really easy to run through everything since you get a servant above LV 30 and it can chump anything pretty easily. I have the support as the first reserve in case anything goes south I can pull it back quickly.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Baal posted:

I know she's existed forever, so has Shielder, it's still dumb

90% sure that Nasu and Gen thought up that plot point because almost everybody probably thought that's who Saber was before the reveal of her identity.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

The chapters will be released in future updates from what I understand. I think there are quite a few Grand Orders total.

Oceanus, London, USA, Jerusalem, Babylon.
7 worlds total, although since they've said it'll go longer than a year I guess there'll be further non-main story stuff later on.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Shiki's fine but he's not really put under the lens himself to any great degree until KT. It's not like FSN where it's about Shirou, Tsukihime is firmly about the gurld

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 9, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Shiki is pretty much the most generic VN protagonist imaginable, except when he's explicitly going insane.

Though to be fair, characters going insane was a pretty big part of Tsukihime.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Compendium posted:

Shiki's got a personality and it's being a huge jerk AND being bug loving nuts.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I don't see that much difference between Ryougi and Tohno, honestly. I definitely wouldn't put Tohno down as generic, even if he's marginally more able to exist in society without murdering dudes. If anything I think Shirou is a more conventional protagonist, even if he has a lot more going on character-wise.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Redmark posted:

I don't see that much difference between Ryougi and Tohno, honestly.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

That's why he's great

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like they should have given different star servants different ascension materials. As it is, I'm extremely hesitant to use items towards the second(+) ascension of a 1-3 star servant, since they're so difficult to acquire and a 4/5 star servant would use the same items.

Speaking of ascension, I did my Gilgamesh's first ascension and it gave him a red cape. The second ascension will require a bunch of some item that I don't have.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
drat.

http://imgur.com/lHL3yqa

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
I've said this before, but Ryougi Shiki = Best Shiki. The other one is a dick.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I found this, Saber can make a good straight man.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That's what she gets for not doing a multi-roll!

Monk E
May 19, 2009
So I just got to Rome and Ii just thought I'd mention how weird I found it that Giles was such a huge drop in difficulty compared to the fight with the nega Jeanne thing.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Monk E posted:

So I just got to Rome and Ii just thought I'd mention how weird I found it that Giles was such a huge drop in difficulty compared to the fight with the nega Jeanne thing.
Rome is way easier than france for me too. Mainly from the 99% reduction in dragons.:argh:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

Rome is way easier than france for me too. Mainly from the 99% reduction in dragons.:argh:

I think he's referring to the Gilles boss fight in France being easier than the Jeanne. And yeah, the story fights are really inconsistent in difficulty.

I just got my Siegfried to 50 and I'm not sure how to ascend him. I'm guessing his ascension item might drop from the saber/archer/lancer daily, but I haven't seen it drop from anything besides random story quests so far.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

What does he need? The class-specific ascension dailies are mostly for class pieces and monuments (silver and gold tokens), everything else you have to get from specific enemy types that show up in other dailies.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Schubalts posted:

What does he need? The class-specific ascension dailies are mostly for class pieces and monuments (silver and gold tokens), everything else you have to get from specific enemy types that show up in other dailies.

Those fang things. Gilgamesh needs these golden eyeball trophy things for his.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Dragon fangs drop from wyverns, dragon teeth skeletons (the stronger, darker skeletons that don't quite look human), the 10ap version of the Saber/Lancer/Archer material daily, and from all versions of the Caster/Assassin/Rider/Berserker material daily.

The snake jewels (golden eye trophies) only drop from lamias, which only show up in the 40ap version of the master exp daily, and the 20/40ap versions of the Caster/Assassin/Rider/Berserker material daily. The 40ap version of the master exp daily is more reliable for hunting lamias, because 3 are guaranteed to spawn, with a maximum of 6 possible lamias.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Schubalts posted:

The snake jewels (golden eye trophies) only drop from lamias, which only show up in the 40ap version of the master exp daily, and the 20/40ap versions of the Caster/Assassin/Rider/Berserker material daily. The 40ap version of the master exp daily is more reliable for hunting lamias, because 3 are guaranteed to spawn, with a maximum of 6 possible lamias.

Yikes, I've done the 40AP Master daily enough to reach level ~62 and haven't seen a single one. Oh well, at least there's no rush since I can handle all current content minus a couple interlude quests possibly.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
So when do we figure out that Shirou/Archer can reinforce Kanshou and Bakuya? It seems like whenever we see them animated their size varies and in the DEEN Fate anime and a couple of other places we see them gain feathers and stuff but throughout all three routes of FSN I've never seen this once. Where it from?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

So when do we figure out that Shirou/Archer can reinforce Kanshou and Bakuya? It seems like whenever we see them animated their size varies and in the DEEN Fate anime and a couple of other places we see them gain feathers and stuff but throughout all three routes of FSN I've never seen this once. Where it from?

Kanshou and Bakuya: Overedge comes from the Archer vs. Berserker fight in the DEEN anime. It was made canon in one of the databooks.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Yeah, Takeuchi or someone liked the design so much it was made more or less official. Aside from the soundtrack, maybe the one positive thing to come out of the 2006 anime.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Archer never gets a break, does he?

source: https://twitter.com/AB0GADO/status/642589186747273216

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Shirou's harem never ends.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
They seem kinda annoyed about something.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

They seem kinda annoyed about something.

I think it's Rin that's annoyed, the other two seem more pensive.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Given the twitter says "Who is your master?" I assume they're annoyed as his infidelity. :v:

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

I still had to use 3 command seals, but at least I completed d'Eon's interlude. It also took one hour to finish this fight. :suicide:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BurningDance posted:

I still had to use 3 command seals, but at least I completed d'Eon's interlude. It also took one hour to finish this fight. :suicide:

Haha, Robespierre's Ghost it says. I wonder what the story of the interlude is.

What was your party (characters and levels)?

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
My party was lvl 60 Vlad, lvl 50 Waver, lvl 40 Medea, and lvl 32 Mashu. The support was a lvl 89 Jeanne.

Vlad lasted longer because I was able to ascend Waver and get his second skill, which is awesome because of the damage reduction. Waver lasted until around the boss had around 350k HP left, so he did a lot of work and it wouldn't work without him since I ascended him today. I didn't get to do much with Medea because they constantly sealed her NP, drained her of NP, and stunned her as well.

What I've noticed in this fight was that the ghosts would use their NP on the leader, so my expendables being first always led them to their deaths. I originally wanted to keep their NP gauges synced together but then I used Waver's NP and the fight became smoother because of it. A good accident, I might say. Being able to disrupt the timing of the boss' NP was important because it allowed me to rotate certain buffs to reduce the damage taken from him. For example, I would use the dodge skill on his first NP, then Jeanne's NP on the second, Waver's skill on the third, and then a heal and Jeanne's NP on the fourth. Doing that let Medea survive long enough for her and Waver to deal a lot of damage. Mashu didn't last as long and did nothing at all. She also took more damage than Medea did even when I had multiple sets of defense buffs.

Here is the key difference between my first encounter and this encounter: I kept the two non-boss ghosts alive. The boss can attack 3 times and one of his skills is a stun. By keeping them alive, the boss can only attack once per turn and that reduced the risk of Jeanne getting stunned which meant more heals to keep my party alive longer.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the moonrunes say about d'Eon's interlude since I know nothing of the language except for the stuff I picked up naturally over time.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly I cheesed that fight with a full rack of Assassins. No one cares how much HP you have if your heart's snatched out :ese:

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
The next event is themed around Nero's colosseum and it looks like you fight Servants that will drop bronze, silver, and gold medals and you can exchange them for the new 5-star Craft Essence, some of the ascension materials that aren't currently obtainable on a regular basis, and 3 and 4-star ALL experience cards.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hopefully it gives an increased chance of getting Nero because I'm almost at 40 SQ and don't want to blow it with FSN servants being the increased chance right now. Also apparently obtaining Gilgamesh was only for that event so I get to cry now.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Oh hell yes, finally a chance to get some Homonculus Babies and ascend Tamamo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
It doesn't say anything about an increased chance of getting Nero, but maybe that'll happen later in the event.