Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I mean I even like Lumpen too, he was fun to scheme with and a good player but he Done hosed Up.

(sorry can't edit because the edit button is invisible while I'm at work. I have to view source to even reply)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's a minor issue at best, not a "let's import drama" big deal

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Tremendous Taste posted:

it's really not. cheating is bad, players being unrepentant about their cheating is bad (since it tells mods they're fine doing it again in the future), and cheating after already being dead and flipped is super bad since the mod can't punish them directly for it (short of flying to Indiana and physically taking away their keyboard).

It was really lovely and mods should be aware of it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

it's really not. cheating is bad, players being unrepentant about their cheating is bad (since it tells mods they're fine doing it again in the future), and cheating after already being dead and flipped is super bad since the mod can't punish them directly for it (short of flying to Indiana and physically taking away their keyboard).

It was really lovely and mods should be aware of it.

again you're making this black/white here, is this really even close to the worst cheating you've seen/committed before?

e: not a personal accusation, I have done things against the rules before :shrug:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lumpen, can you justify your posting in the scum doc post flip?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah idk after death chatting is the kind of grey zone situation that isn't really a big deal unless you're explicitly told to stop which he was. It doesn't really matter what the situation would be like in a vacuum if in context the moderator laid a rule down. It's not really about the action as it is about respect.

The other scum player who edited their post to remove a day action was a worse situation in a vacuum. Overall, a shameful scum team.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tremendous Taste posted:

Yeah, I mean all he did was deflate a couple of footballs, what's the big deal? :iiam:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

chaoslord posted:

Yeah, I mean all he did was deflate a couple of footballs, what's the big deal? :iiam:

same unronically

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'd say the edit was more of a gray zone because someone had been told earlier that editing within the ninja period was fine, by Ecco herself I believe. FV just didn't realise that extended to actions, and Ecco was only going to give a slap on the wrist in the scumdoc until Lumpen pissed her off enough to change that to a modkill.

I wasn't shameful though. :smith:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I said a few opinion things about math, not any secret knowledge things or game-affecting things, in a wee hours haze, half asleep, after Ecco misflipped me, exposing a fellow Scum's claim as fake (even though nobody ended up noticing), in a time crisis setup. That's not a good excuse, but that's where my head was. Ecco's "fair warning" was scrolled off the screen of my tablet. Ecco demanded an obsequious apology, I gave it moments later after scrolling over, the ridiculous Modkill threatened was done anyway, and after that I didn't give much of a gently caress to be honest. I should not have done that typing, I admit it. That's a stain on my Mafia honor. But Ecco's spin on the situation is highly dishonest. There is a lot more context.

Not that it really matters.

You all know Ecco and you all know me, and what will be will be. Our Mafia community, with its rich diversity of opinions and personalities, keeps on rollin'.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ninja-editing has always been okay. It's the risk/reward thing of changing your posts against loving up and getting mod killed. If the post was basically never read, then it was basically never posted. Editing posts is more to do with people changing stuff after the fact to mess with the game and changing history. An unread post never happened basically.

New scum tactic accuse someone of ninja editing out incriminating evidence.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ok yeah let's not import any drama.

Tremendous Taste posted:

If scum really had a double nightkill with 5/20 representation and an insane cop told explicitly by mod they're sane I'm not sure cheating is against the spirit of the game :laugh:

Whoops

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ecco, you knew what you were getting into letting Lumpen play.
Lumpen. You knew what you were getting into playing an Ecco game.

Now we're all sons of bitches

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

Ok yeah let's not import any drama.

drinking imported tea isn't the same as importing it yourself, merk.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

Ecco, you knew what you were getting into letting Lumpen play.
We all make mistakes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ecco didn't misflip you, you were flipped correctly. We passed the lock to you, which is what hosed up my claim (even though it didn't matter at that point)

Ecco misflipped FV as assassin instead of vanilla.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yeah idk after death chatting is the kind of grey zone situation that isn't really a big deal unless you're explicitly told to stop which he was. It doesn't really matter what the situation would be like in a vacuum if in context the moderator laid a rule down. It's not really about the action as it is about respect.

The other scum player who edited their post to remove a day action was a worse situation in a vacuum. Overall, a shameful scum team.

Hey, I wasn't shameful! I stopped posting in the scum doc when I died with the exception of non-game chat with ecco about her keyboard.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Mar 27, 2020

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Honestly though it was a great game which had one minor stain that I still enjoyed very much.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anyway I want to be clear in that ecco has his right to act however he likes, as every mod does, and banning lumpen from his games in the future isn't unreasonable.

BUT at the same time it's a little small potatoes for a callout in a separate thread and I wish that wasn't a thing we did

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

That's it I'm shutting down votefinder

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Amoeba102 posted:

Ninja-editing has always been okay. It's the risk/reward thing of changing your posts against loving up and getting mod killed. If the post was basically never read, then it was basically never posted. Editing posts is more to do with people changing stuff after the fact to mess with the game and changing history. An unread post never happened basically.

New scum tactic accuse someone of ninja editing out incriminating evidence.

In this case, the edited post was enshrined by a mod quote, game mechanic action was taken based on it, and fiery had to explicitly take in-thread action to respond. It was a major huge Scumslip if matters had been left to take their course.

The Modkill was pure spite because Ecco has a deep pathological drive to control and punish, and goes batshit if the whims are subverted or questioned.

But yes, I should have known what I was getting into. I played Calavera, I played that Pander is secret out-of-thread zombie master game, I just wasn't being picky when I signed up, it was the only game that was having trouble filling up.

In all my years of Mafia I never broke a rule, early this morning I was just really fed up and failed to live up to my own standards.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

btw the mouse is fixed! I just had to clean out from under it. thanks for the help.

Yay! :woop:

Not a problem, it was a good thing I was reading the scum doc when you were having the issue. It's the only reason I answered.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

SirSamVimes posted:

Ecco didn't misflip you, you were flipped correctly. We passed the lock to you, which is what hosed up my claim (even though it didn't matter at that point)

Ecco misflipped FV as assassin instead of vanilla.
I was dead before the passing phase. Lock drops on ground, no? Who knows? Ecco's ~special~ rules and mechanics are frequently incoherent.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Dibs on being replacement if someone flakes halfway through season

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Tremendous Taste posted:

If scum really had a double nightkill with 5/20 representation and an insane cop told explicitly by mod they're sane I'm not sure cheating is against the spirit of the game :laugh:

Yeah, this.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I thought passing just worked regardless. :shrug:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

chaoslord posted:

Dibs on being replacement if someone flakes halfway through season

want to share a team with newbie pmom?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpen posted:

I was dead before the passing phase. Lock drops on ground, no? Who knows? Ecco's ~special~ rules and mechanics are frequently incoherent.

Mafia items stayed with the mafia players and didn't drop to the ground.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tremendous Taste posted:

want to share a team with newbie pmom?

Could do, yeah

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

send me an email by pm and I'll clear it with him

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's just a game Lumpen, who really cares if it's coherent or balanced. If people enjoyed it, that's fine. I don't even care about sour grapes, because my inherent game design is usually an experience generator, and some people have to play a specific sometimes. And sometimes those roles aren't the most fun.
Like when you make an insane cop, or any other purposely misleading or weak role that is generally accepted as fair use.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

okay lumpen are you really going to start bitching about this in another game?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I totally forgot that he already had a partner, chaos, I'll ask if anyone wants to take you on as a partner in draft chat

Sorry formy bumbling

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chaos can be my partner if he's willing to put up with me

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

All this bickering is bad for the community. We need a good bonding session. Time for Buddy Mafia.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Chaos can be my partner if he's willing to put up with me

Works for me

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Can't we all just get along?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Would this be a bad game for a new player/lurker to try out? mmm caught me in the Awful Survivor vista, so I guess I should give it a shot!