Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It'll be fine for new players, since I'm trying to foster some friendliness :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

All games are good for newbies. :getin:

Speaking of friendlier things, what was everyone's first game? I was in HotS Mafia which was amusing because it had about five millers (but no cops) and two different masonries one of which had a recruiter and the other was just two confirmed mason bros.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

My first game was not a friendly theme. It was set in a Nazi Transit camp in Italy. Everyone had two masons - so there were circles of masons and everyone was a link in the chain. Town won.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
My first game was an ecco game with winvirus and dhaes and Limiting Factor was scum and ragequit mafia forever!!! ( i think)

it had multiple scum/town lover pairs and was quite broken.

Amoeba instead of your cheap and nasty games that are quite fun, you should help me run soldiers gam

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

That would stop me from playing it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ecco games are interesting and if imbalance is the cost of interesting setups, then I don't mind that.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
My first game was Amnesia Mafia by Met and I was an arsonist whose target was watched N1 so I was lynched D2. Learned a lot.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

My first game was some weird teacher themed game. Diqnol replaced in as scum and had me killed N2

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

My first game was some weird teacher themed game. Diqnol replaced in as scum and had me killed N2

My first game was some by some dude who didn't write any flavor at all. It was just raw and mechanical.

I guess it was still fun though because I'm still playing.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my first game was the taste game with like 70 dudes in it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SirSamVimes posted:

Speaking of friendlier things, what was everyone's first game? I was in HotS Mafia which was amusing because it had about five millers (but no cops) and two different masonries one of which had a recruiter and the other was just two confirmed mason bros.

My first game was CounterStrike Mafia, 12 player open setup that tearshed ran. Met, me, and Jamuraan were left in LYLO. Met correctly voted with me to eliminate Jamuraan the final scum.

That game also featured Asiina, Barehanded Brother, Ixtlilton, Motley, Opop, Philip J Fry, Quidnose, The Science of Suck, and uranus.

Fry rolled scum in my second ever game (Dwarf-fia, by P Mush) and I was suckered into it because I was new and he was super good guy in the first game that I couldn't see him being a badguy.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
yes, but i need someone to handle thread 2.

consider this an open callout to someone who is not necessarily interested in playing a soldiers game but would want to comod and run the second thread.

they would
a) help me rewrite/balance mechanics and stats
b) enjoy the flavour of the gam
c) have played in/modded at least one of the previous soldiers games (not including the awful WoW one)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
My first game was Beard Mafia with some Serious Mafia Pros

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
bowmore the fact you didn't start the OP with sam simmon's brief history of beards is shameful

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

My first game was not a friendly theme. It was set in a Nazi Transit camp in Italy. Everyone had two masons - so there were circles of masons and everyone was a link in the chain. Town won.

I was scum in that game I think. Didn't fits run it?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, it was Fits.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

busb posted:

bowmore the fact you didn't start the OP with sam simmon's brief history of beards is shameful
Was that out then?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

bowmore posted:

Was that out then?

The Precise History of: Beards (0.07 MB) 28/02/2007 http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/topshelf/listen/mp3s/20070228_historyofbeards.mp3

uhhh, yes???

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

yes, but i need someone to handle thread 2.

consider this an open callout to someone who is not necessarily interested in playing a soldiers game but would want to comod and run the second thread.

they would
a) help me rewrite/balance mechanics and stats
b) enjoy the flavour of the gam
c) have played in/modded at least one of the previous soldiers games (not including the awful WoW one)

I would do this depending on the flavour. All the choices in your poll were terrible though sorry.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah, it was Fits.

Good game, that was fun. The scum got destroyed in that game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My first mafia games was actually two mafia games that I signed up for at the same time.

The first was a CPig game that had no flavour at all. The flips included donkeys pulling carts and a pug in a Hannibal Lecter mask. I had just come off of Awful Big Brother where I had betrayed Jake, so when I thought he was scum he went very aggressive and I felt guilty. I ended up voting for myself to prove how town I was. Jake was scum and I'm pretty sure scum won that game.

My other first game was an 8bux game about a wedding party. I was a vig in that game and I shot capps who was scum, so I felt pretty good about that, because I had also played Awful Big Brother with capps and relished an opportunity to shoot him. That game lasted forever and I think is still the longest game I've ever played since it went to Day 9. We no lynched a whole bunch of times in a row at the end because we were playing chicken with the scum team. Then it was just fv, Viva, and I in 3-man LYLO and scum Viva convinced fv to vote me before I could even check in with the thread so it all ended rather unceremoniously after lasting so long.

Good times.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Asiina posted:

I would do this depending on the flavour. All the choices in your poll were terrible though sorry.

They were all really good choices sorry!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

My other first game was an 8bux game about a wedding party. I was a vig in that game and I shot capps who was scum, so I felt pretty good about that, because I had also played Awful Big Brother with capps and relished an opportunity to shoot him. That game lasted forever and I think is still the longest game I've ever played since it went to Day 9. We no lynched a whole bunch of times in a row at the end because we were playing chicken with the scum team. Then it was just fv, Viva, and I in 3-man LYLO and scum Viva convinced fv to vote me before I could even check in with the thread so it all ended rather unceremoniously after lasting so long.

I LOVED this game.

I killed myself with drugs but it was so worth it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
8bux games are always amazing.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Draft was fun, my team is gonna be awful~

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

My first game was a voodoofly game. It was a good game. It had a whole bunch of good player who don't play anymore in it I think. The only one still around is merk I think.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Quidnose posted:

Draft was fun, my team is gonna be awful~

Taste will be a policy vote for me for the forseeable future, he stole the Panther's D. I called dibs.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This is the only thing I know about football I hope I win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7TOHrppa_E

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Put the crown upon our heads now. Chaos and I have this league in the bag. You guys let soo many guys fall to us.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My first game was Fringe mafia, run by This Post Sucks who personally invited me (he was my SA Stalker back when that was a game that got played on the forums and he and I have been internet and WoW buddies for a long time. I actually ended up finding Mafia because we happened to be in the same RIFT guild together and he was like 'dude I am running this you should come play.') I had no idea what was happening and barely played at all.

My first REAL game was a New Players C9 game that consisted of Juanito, winvirus, KildarX, ngeunit1, AcetylCoA!, Pittsburg Lambic, Tanon, and Xyretire. Half those people don't play no' mo'. I found scum my first day and it was all downhill from there.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Put the crown upon our heads now. Chaos and I have this league in the bag. You guys let soo many guys fall to us.

My team of sleeper and accidental computer picks would like to have a word with you (potentially)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I just checked the scoreboard previews and ESPN seems to think I have the highest projected score for week 1. I know it's bullshit but hopefully that means that I do not have a terrible team like I was fearing.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

6th pick of Bell was pretty great.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Bell is going to be awful this year, I skipped him on purpose.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Byers2142 posted:

Bell is going to be awful this year, I skipped him on purpose.

Gonna quote this all over when he is a top 3 RB even after missing the first game :colbert:

Also I'll spring for a trophy (or something similar) for the winner

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
which of you idiots picked jarryd hayne and bought into his dumb hype

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

SirSamVimes posted:

I replaced into one of the very very early games maybe on the last day, before flavor was invented.
My second experience was...I think Eronarn's Illuminati mafia, which was insane and broken and eventually abandoned.
My first full game was Soru's Dark Tower mafia. The only thing I remember is that Chili was one of my scumbuddies.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

chaoslord posted:

Gonna quote this all over when he is a top 3 RB even after missing the first game :colbert:

Also I'll spring for a trophy (or something similar) for the winner

Pouncy's hurt on the line, Steeler's D is porous, and Ben's going to need to throw 6+ yard routes to stay in games. Bell averages maybe 80 yards a game, less than a touchdown per game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

chaoslord posted:

Fry rolled scum in my second ever game (Dwarf-fia, by P Mush) and I was suckered into it because I was new and he was super good guy in the first game that I couldn't see him being a badguy.
:allears: That was a fun game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Poison Mushroom posted:

:allears: That was a fun game.

I loved it. Still remember accidentally being the downfall for Somber (who has played in 100 games now, congrats if you're reading this :toot:)

E: jake also just reached this milestone :toot:

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 9, 2015