Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Kojima is pretty smart about recognizing players' first instincts. The second thing I did on Mother Base (besides tranq'ing Ocelot) was try to throw one of my own dudes into the sea and I got a really emasculating game over from it ("Maybe you're not the Big Boss we were hoping for.")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Did anyone else notice in the emblem editor you can make a perfect Dairy Queen logo?

I've never looked back

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Can you edit people's code names? Because I want to play as Cookie-Dough Blizzard.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So this just dropped in Diablo 3 for me.

Its a little kitty cat!

Can't be seen here but he wiggles around and grooms himself while you're holding him and have your weapon drawn, if you toss him down as an item, he's sleeping, if you put him in the stash he meows at you, not sure what happens if I salvage him because that seems kind of cruel, I'll probably just keep him in my inventory forever. :3:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I just had a sniper battle with Quiet in the mission to recruit her because why the gently caress would you do anything else

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jia posted:

I just had a sniper battle with Quiet in the mission to recruit her because why the gently caress would you do anything else

Because you have a robot arm!

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

Jia posted:

You can beat her by dropping ammo on her head. In a big box.
I plan to drop boxes on people like I'm a Looney Toon.
Just bought the game, by the way. I'll be watching the Chip and Ironicus Let's Play of Snake Eater while it downloads.

If I don't like this game, I blame you all.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

McDragon posted:

D-Dog grew up. Now he's like Koromaru if he was a spy with an eyepatch and riot gear. Poor Soviets just don't know what the gently caress when Big Boss and D-Dog attack together.

Also before that I did a mission taking out armored vehicles while on horseback with a bazooka and The Final Countdown blaring.

Also there was a mission where I got into a fight with a sniper. I took her out with a pair of artillery strikes.

Oh, and I got a mission I haven't tried yet to capture a "legendary bear".

Basically MSGV is amazing and wonderful once you start getting Mother Base set up. Or "Dog Hotel" as the emblem says.

My emblem read "NAKED TANGO" earlier today.
Now it reads "MIKE SNATCHER".

I'll probably go back in again in a couple days to see what words I can slap together to humorous effect.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mine have all been variations on DIAMOND [SILLY ANIMAL HERE], DIAMOND OCTOPUS being the most recent. What I like about the emblem editor is that the interface is very simple and easy to use, but it allows for lots of fun combinations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I haven't done much with the emblem parts, because it seemed to be lagging pretty hard when I first tried, but I did like one of the emblem unlock events when I came across it.

Unlocked emblem part: [METAL]
Unlocked emblem part: [GEAR]
Unlocked emblem part: [REX]

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Am I going to pay full price for MGSV? After reading this thread it sure seems like it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

redweird posted:

Am I going to pay full price for MGSV? After reading this thread it sure seems like it.

Seriously I need to stop reading this thread. I haven't even finished Batman

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Samfucius posted:

Did anyone else notice in the emblem editor you can make a perfect Dairy Queen logo?

I've never looked back

I've been running this company.

If Nobody's Left, Nobody Saw™

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Mad Max

I'm enjoying it and I like the world-building they've done. Little things like the patches of fire that are left on the ground from my exhaust when I start the idling Magnum Opus up.

There's also a history relic in the far east part of Colossus that's a flyer for the "Mad Max Buggy Tour," advertising 1-day and half-day tours, with a somewhat cheerful reminiscent note on the back from someone-- "Hey guys. Remind you of something? A few crazy weeks in the desert driving those wild machines and eating nothing but bugs (ugh, I'll never forget the maggots in our stew!) Good times!"

Max's only comment on it is a bemused "What is this?"

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
In the LISA: The Painful RPG there is one character who, if you fight him, is unbeatable because he instantly one-shots your entire party for story reasons. If you use Cheat Engine or your other preferred hex editor of choice to beat him anyways his dying line is "You loving cheated" and then after the battle he goes "You absolutely are an rear end in a top hat" and you get an instant game over.

LISA is a game full of awesome dialogue and humor and I love that they even extended that to poo poo that 99% of players would never actually experience.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

CJacobs posted:

Mine have all been variations on DIAMOND [SILLY ANIMAL HERE], DIAMOND OCTOPUS being the most recent. What I like about the emblem editor is that the interface is very simple and easy to use, but it allows for lots of fun combinations.

After unlocking the pegasus emblem I knew I was destined to run AIRBORNE HORSE.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

redweird posted:

Go for it, I'm sure you've already finished your backlog and thus don't have any other games you paid money for but haven't played through yet.

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
I'm playing through my backlog of games, and Darksiders II has been pretty great. It plays like a redlined 3D Prince of Persia games, which was a much welcome change from the gameplay in Darksiders I (War felt like molasses to play).

The best change IMO from I to II is the improvement on combat; it's more forgiving than the first game and the boss fights feel far more polished.

Also it's nice that Despair doesn't bug out nearly as much as Ruin. That Sandworm boss fight in the first game was the worst when you could successfully mount Ruin maybe one in four attempts. :argh:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Samfucius posted:

I've never looked back

My friend's:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mine is NAKED CHICK because I'm 5.

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007
So far, MGSV: Flopping and Falling Hospital Nightmare is pretty good.

Am I correct in assuming neeeevermind. ?

Arx Monolith has a new favorite as of 16:59 on Sep 9, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Arx Monolith posted:

So far, MGSV: Flopping and Falling Hospital Nightmare is pretty good.

Am I correct in assuming I am playing as Big Boss/Naked Snake until I swap faces with bandaged faced man ?

Why would you ask that here and not in the MGS thread?

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Why would you ask that here and not in the MGS thread?

That is a good question. I'll see myself out. Good day, sir.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Why did they changed the dudes voice anyway?

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Kojima loves 24.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

QuietLion posted:

I'm playing through my backlog of games, and Darksiders II has been pretty great. It plays like a redlined 3D Prince of Persia games, which was a much welcome change from the gameplay in Darksiders I (War felt like molasses to play).

The best change IMO from I to II is the improvement on combat; it's more forgiving than the first game and the boss fights feel far more polished.

Also it's nice that Despair doesn't bug out nearly as much as Ruin. That Sandworm boss fight in the first game was the worst when you could successfully mount Ruin maybe one in four attempts. :argh:

Didn't want this getting lost in the sea of MGSV:TPP chat because it's literally the wrongest opinion in this thread ever :colbert:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

omg chael crash posted:

Listen to Hayter's voice acting in Peace Walker and you'll understand.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

3 posted:

My friend's:

The actual dq logo doesn't have an outline so I forwent it, but otherwise mine is identical

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Listen to Hayter's voice acting in Peace Walker and you'll understand.

MGSV with Hayter would've been too good for this world?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hayter sulking about on it Twitter was hilarious.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Hayter sulking about on it Twitter was hilarious.

Link?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I can't find direct stuff unfortunately, but he kept changing his avatar to one of Keith and would alternate between mopey comments about being replaced and getting chirpy about Snake. Someone else can probably sleuth better than me.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
I was hoping they were going for a leadup to an MGS game that had both big boss and solid snake in it so they wanted to establish separate voice actors for them to make scenes including both less confusing, but then konami went insane and set fire to their gaming department so who knows what they were planning :shrug:

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby

kazil posted:

Didn't want this getting lost in the sea of MGSV:TPP chat because it's literally the wrongest opinion in this thread ever :colbert:
I'm a sucker for anything that plays like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, what can I say. :shobon:

The music in the game is pretty great, too.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Honestly it's Kojima, he probably wanted Sutherland from the start but didn't have the money/clout until now.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

AlphaKretin posted:

Honestly it's Kojima, he probably wanted Sutherland from the start but didn't have the money/clout until now.

Keef wasn't exactly a hot commodity in 1998

MsJoelBoxer
Aug 31, 2004

Your judicial opinions hypnotize me.

Arx Monolith posted:

You can beat her by dropping ammo on her head. In a big box.

Hah. Thanks for this. I didn't have the right equipment when I walked into that fight and this worked perfectly.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

ElwoodCuse posted:

Keef wasn't exactly a hot commodity in 1998

I think he means "specifically for Big Boss".

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

omg chael crash posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_swFUVeVKo

:tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I found out where the animals you rescue go in MGSV. The zoo. Big Boss has an actual loving zoo in the middle of the ocean, and you can go visit it. And not just animals in cages, it is literally a zoo.

Also I found out that the fast-travel system isn't the helicopter like you might expect, it is the cardboard box. Went on a road trip with D-Dog unlocking a bunch of delivery points once I found that out. Still got quite a few to go.

Also also, some day I am going to have a car dropped on somebody's head. Hopefully not my own.