Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

grayb posted:

Invite, please. Acme's winding down so bigger guild for me then. code's jazrael

sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

passaged
Oct 16, 2007
Can I get an invite to the bigger guild? Just left acme, ID: PASSAGED

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

passaged posted:

Can I get an invite to the bigger guild? Just left acme, ID: PASSAGED
Invited to Gem Blossums.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

gromdul posted:

Gem boys now has 5 spots, and I promoted everyone who seemed to be active. Having no other metric to go by, I use donations and login. RIP ChickencowSA; I didn't kick you, and hope you come back, but I get it.

No worries. I'm not "gone" gone but it's been a rough week or two at work time-wise. Frankly, the difference between 'officer' and 'recruit' isn't all that much.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
If there is still room in one of the bigger guilds I'd like to jump in one, only 3 active people left in Acme now. Invite code: DEPENDS

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Sent, I think, for Gem Blossums.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, poo poo. I'll disband Gooniversity if everyone else has bailed.

My invite code is Fniz.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Tried to invite you, but you're still/already in another guild.

For extra content: I'm about to hit 50 gems. Should I buy one of the entry level armors or wait till 100 gems and get the next tier? If the former, was thinking that I should get the gold boost rather than souls or XP. Sound right?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Grundulum posted:

For extra content: I'm about to hit 50 gems. Should I buy one of the entry level armors or wait till 100 gems and get the next tier? If the former, was thinking that I should get the gold boost rather than souls or XP. Sound right?

I think it's a good idea to buy a 50 gem armor of you don't have anything yet. Gold boost is a good first armor.

naughty_penguin
Oct 9, 2005
Fun Shoe
Can I get an invite please?

Invite code Samsara

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

naughty_penguin posted:

Can I get an invite please?

Invite code Samsara

Sent from Gem Blossoms.

Seconding buying the 50 gem armor, then saving up from there to buy the 500 (or 250) armor later on. The gold bonuses are just too good to not have any armor at all.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gooniversity is officially gone. Please send me another invite.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Gooniversity is officially gone. Please send me another invite.

Sent for Gem Blossums.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I'm really going to miss the pubbie guild with two other players...

KROMDAR is looking for an invite.

TeffaBob
Feb 2, 2003

With gooniversity gone, can I get a new invite?

TEFFABOB

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

PeePot posted:

I'm really going to miss the pubbie guild with two other players...

KROMDAR is looking for an invite.

Says you're already in a guild.

TeffaBob posted:

With gooniversity gone, can I get a new invite?

TEFFABOB

"Does not exist"

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

So this week's legendary minion looks pretty meh. Weak random damage but an insane bonus if you can kill an enemy. Fun gimmick though.

The weapon looks amazing though. 6 light to change any one gem to red and change a random your magic's worth of gem to red. That is a super cheap board changer with some control.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 8, 2015

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I need an invite too, the name is POPELMON.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Popelmon posted:

I need an invite too, the name is POPELMON.

Invite sent. Although for whatever reason the code was popelmon with a space after it. There was no straight up "popelmon".

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Obscil posted:

Invite sent. Although for whatever reason the code was popelmon with a space after it. There was no straight up "popelmon".

That's really weird. But thanks for the invite!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Whats everyone's quick pvp team?

Im still using webspinner, valkryie, lady, and hero with the eye. It works fine but more speed would be nice.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shwqa posted:

Im still using webspinner, valkryie, lady, and hero with the eye. It works fine but more speed would be nice.

Gloom Leaf/Goblin Shaman/Templar/Goblin Rocket. Get Green mana, activate Gloom Leaf, wreck poo poo.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
I'm using Lady Sapphira, Jarl Firemantle, My Hero with Staff of Madness, and a Druid, in that order. So far so good - I was using a Flame Cannon instead of Jarl for a while. I'm open to suggestions - this group works fine most of the time.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

gromdul posted:

Gem Blossums sent me an invite seconds earlier. I hope I made the right choice.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Gem Boiz is where it's at - we are a Diamond Level 1 clan. *Mic drops

Moatmonster
Jul 19, 2004

Shwqa posted:

Carnex, Ragnagord, Goblin Rocket, Goblin, Pridelands kingdom. Everything explodes, all the time. I've tried replacing Goblin but he's just too useful, should be everyone's first lvl 15 troop.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Shadow Dragon at level 10 + Wolf Knight :getin:

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

porktree posted:

Gem Boiz is where it's at - we are a Diamond Level 1 clan. *Mic drops
On the other hand, Gem Blossums is shooting up like a rocket. I think it was ranked 3300+ when I joined last week. 700 something now and still climbing. How long has Gem Boiz been going?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

a shameful boehner posted:

Shadow Dragon at level 10 + Wolf Knight :getin:

I have a Crimson Bat for pretty much the same reason. Also hero wielding Phoenix Crossbow just to help out, and Drake Rider for the occasional regular damage+making more yellows to keep Wolf Knight running reds to keep the bat biting, my memory is shite. I imagine a Shadow Dragon eating that purple to poison everyone would be a wrecker of shits though, yeah.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 8, 2015

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

grrarg posted:

On the other hand, Gem Blossums is shooting up like a rocket. I think it was ranked 3300+ when I joined last week. 700 something now and still climbing. How long has Gem Boiz been going?

They both started within a few days of each other.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Just pulled behemoth....Happy dance?
Who does he like to be teamed with?

I keep hoping to pull rocket goblin as I just missed him and I really want a all goblin team :/
Or at least him, goblin and boar

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Shwqa posted:

i'm still semi-slummin and using hero with last week's staff, luther, and two direct damage ladies (7 hit double if green enemy, 8 hit + 1 soul). basically luther is the key because he's up to +4 attack buff for everybody, and everybody's reasonably healthy enough to hold out against direct attacks and all become hard hitters

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I use Tyri, Kerberos, Abhorath and Hero at the moment. Tyri is for gem denial(when an opponents skill is ready and uses a gem color to power it up) and a glass cannon. Kerberos' devour chance is amazing. I used it once on a beefy goblin king giving me all its health. Abhorath can change the board when I need it also powering it up. Hero is just a last slot tank that uses leftover gems.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Hey kutku fan, would you please kick out daishan14 and vulturesrow. They both haven't logged in for 2 weeks.

TeffaBob
Feb 2, 2003

gromdul posted:

"Does not exist"

Can you try again?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

TeffaBob posted:

Can you try again?

Invite sent.

TeffaBob
Feb 2, 2003

Got it, thanks!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Been playing this for a few weeks now, didn't realize there was a goon presence. If there are still slots in the goon guild open, I'll apply when I get home from work.

I do have a question though, played my first arena yesterday (went 8-0), but I was stuck with the crude club. How do you set your weapon in arena mode?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
After you select your 3 people you can move the order around, goblin middle instead of bottom whatever, if you click on your hero there is a weapon tab you can click on and change it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Is there a way to tell the mana cost of a spell. I'm yet to figure that out.