Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I'm really not comfortable with the current dialogue. I hope it gets back to fatshaming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I wish there was an actual game to talk about.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wish there was an actual game to talk about.

There is. More than one, actually. It's just none of them are called Star Citizen.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Let's talk about Final Fantasy 14, it sure has made the Wildstar thread fun to read these past few days

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I checked back hoping to see a scathing DSmart article, but the saved blog spot seems to have disappeared. Did Legal eat the draft like a bad doggy?

Also I finally figured out the mind of DSmart. I have 3 kids, two of which are just starting school. When I ask them to do things they sometimes retort with the exact same things DSmart does. "Uh, because I don't WANT to." "You are not a developer kid, so you wouldn't understand." and so forth. Every response of his on the Steam forums follows this pattern. It's seriously like trying to have a conversation with a toddler that ignores every social construct we have developed over eons of humanity, except a toddler doesn't know better. Pretty hilarious stuff out of a 4 year old - not a 50 year old.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 9, 2015

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The best Final Fantasy game is the one you played first, the rest of them are garbage.

Except Final Fantasy 6. Which is the best one.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I played final fantasy 7 once and it was utter garbage after the first couple hours of a pretty cool premise. I never managed to finish.

FF14 owns though. It owns so much.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dusty Lens posted:

The best Final Fantasy game is the one you played first, the rest of them are garbage.

Except Final Fantasy 6. Which is the best one.

Nah. 9 is the best. The first I've played was 5 and the last was 1&2 on GBA.

E: FF14 is a good game if you like bad games and like anime, which is also bad.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
X is actually the best

evidence: tidus laugh

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
FF 14 sucks, and is a bad game, which is not fun to play, because it is so bad

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

The best FF game is Skies of Arcadia.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Final Fantasy 4 has a giant dumb space whale and is therefore the closest one to Star Citizen.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

The best FF game, mechanics-wise, is a tie between 9 (oldschool, perfected) and 12 (what all RPGs should move toward). The best FF game, story-wise, is none of them.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Eonwe posted:

X is actually the best

evidence: tidus laugh

Also the whistling scene.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Ragequit posted:

I checked back hoping to see a scathing DSmart article, but the saved blog spot seems to have disappeared. Did Legal eat the draft like a bad doggy?

Also I finally figured out the mind of DSmart. I have 3 kids, two of which are just starting school. When I ask them to do things they sometimes retort with the exact same things DSmart does. "Uh, because I don't WANT to." "You are not a developer kid, so you wouldn't understand." and so forth. Every response of his on the Steam forums follows this pattern. It's seriously like trying to have a conversation with a toddler that ignores every social construct we have developed over eons of humanity, except a toddler doesn't know better. Pretty hilarious stuff out of a 4 year old - not a 50 year old.

I'd explain how wrong you are but I'm waiting on legal to clear it.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Hopper posted:

Success, I guess?! edit: Also, as a German I have to be intolerant of something, would not want to let down tradition, would we?

You're supposed to hate Jews. God drat it, you're worse than Skoll at being a Nazi.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Ragequit posted:

He claims he took it down because too many people were asking about it, but that it is still going through the process of being 'cleared by legal'.

Syd Syko
Nov 15, 2012

Out there ----> Somewhere

Darkpriest667 posted:

They also have no idea how an economy works. 3 years in and they still haven't hired an economist to at least explain the basics to them.

Sit the gently caress down scrub, they don't need a loving economist, this isn't Eve we're talking about here, where players totally run that poo poo and they needed an actual economist to un-gently caress what players did to it!.

What the hell do ya think Chris brought Tony in on this for, cause he wrote loving banking software as a hobby in his retirement palace?

flamingdawg
May 25, 2006

Darkpriest667 posted:

I'm sorry you can't get in. Try wearing something besides week old underwear and a wife beater.

nobody is impressed by your cool nightclub stories

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Truga posted:

I played final fantasy 7 once and it was utter garbage after the first couple hours of a pretty cool premise. I never managed to finish.

FF14 owns though. It owns so much.

I played 7 first...got bored...liked 8....:catbert:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Soothing Vapors posted:

Let's talk about Final Fantasy 14, it sure has made the Wildstar thread fun to read these past few days

Link to the start of the mess plz. Thanks

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
I take it the game isn't out yet? Well, see ya in a year or so. I'll check back then.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SpannerX posted:

I take it the game isn't out yet? Well, see ya in a year or so. I'll check back then.

awfully optimistic

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Darkpriest667 posted:

I'm sorry you can't get in. Try wearing something besides week old underwear and a wife beater.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Paladinus posted:

Nah. 9 is the best.

:agreed:

Then again, I did clock more than 550 days of playtime into FFXI. Loved the poo poo out of that game until they completely threw balance and challenge out the window to try and drive people to XIV before it was even released the first time.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

awfully optimistic

Yeah, you're right, I'll make it 2. Thanks for the heads up.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wulfling posted:

:agreed:

Then again, I did clock more than 550 days of playtime into FFXI. Loved the poo poo out of that game until they completely threw balance and challenge out the window to try and drive people to XIV before it was even released the first time.

I hate MMO RPGs. For me they are nothing but repetitive tedium and people calling you a human being. That's why I play League of Legends.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Paladinus posted:

I hate MMO RPGs. For me they are nothing but repetitive tedium and people calling you a human being. That's why I play League of Legends.

I basically agree, and only play them if I've got a small group of friends I can roll with while ignoring the rest of the players completely outside of market interactions. Thats how I played XI, its mostly how I play eve aside from being in the Imperium.

Used to have a small group I played team league with, but burned out on that poo poo a long time ago.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm excited to play this game

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wulfling posted:

I basically agree, and only play them if I've got a small group of friends I can roll with while ignoring the rest of the players completely outside of market interactions. Thats how I played XI, its mostly how I play eve aside from being in the Imperium.

Used to have a small group I played team league with, but burned out on that poo poo a long time ago.

Yeah, it can be fun if you have enough friends willing to play. Most people I know are not willing to commit to anything more complicated than L4D or LoL.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
FF3 > FF7 > FF9 > all others

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Gerbil_Pen posted:

FF3 > FF7 > FF9 > all others

FFT > All other FFs.

Dusty Lens posted:

I'm really not comfortable with the current dialogue. I hope it gets back to fatshaming soon.
Same.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
It's a shame The Smartening didn't result in millions of people losing faith in Star Citizen like I'd hoped it would.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

FFT > All other FFs.

Just one more turn. The game.

Of course watching Aerith get a navel piercing in FF7 has nothing on knowing that I was going to watch my treasured Colonel get popped by a Sectopod in XCOM because of a moments lapse in judgement.

I could have brought them all home.
I should have brought them all home.
I could break all the rules and scumsave, but then what am I even fighting for anymore. Can I ever go home? Can any of us go home!?

LaOtraTia
Sep 9, 2015

by Ralp
Hey everybody! i've been loosely following this game mostly because of my boyfriend's unhealthy obsession with it for the past two and a half years.

I heard the online social part of the game is coming out soon, so I guess I'll see some of you there soon, hopefully.

See you guys n gals in the verse!

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

LaOtraTia posted:

Hey everybody! i've been loosely following this game mostly because of my boyfriend's unhealthy obsession with it for the past two and a half years.

I heard the online social part of the game is coming out soon, so I guess I'll see some of you there soon, hopefully.

good to know

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

LaOtraTia posted:

goondolences

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

LaOtraTia posted:

o7

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

LaOtraTia posted:

Lowtax thanks you for the :10bux: you spent to tell us this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

You'll be pleased to note that SC comes complete with Space Court in case you need to begin any legal proceedings down the road after finding out that he dropped five grand from a joint bank account on a ship that he bought off ebay.

• Locked thread