Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Someone convinced me, and I believed as a boy that while wrestling was fake, when the NWO would stop people's limos and beat them down on the side of the road (Flair and Bret come to mind) that was a shoot because they weren't even in the building! No ref! No rules! No limits!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I cried when The Genius beat Hulk Hogan by count out.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

remusclaw posted:

I cried when The Genius beat Hulk Hogan by count out.

So did Hogan, probably

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I hated JBL so much and he pissed me off so badly one night that I smashed his action figure with a hammer.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I hated JBL so much and he pissed me off so badly one night that I smashed his action figure with a hammer.

You should have spray painted his car instead.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Phenix Rising posted:

Of course he doesn't. His first name is "Big" and when he tells someone their response is always, "You're drat right you are!"

They write Venti on his cup

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I actually got a little mad when Zeb Colter first appeared but to be fair I was only 11 times 3 back then

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Mob posted:

I actually got a little mad when Zeb Colter first appeared but to be fair I was only 11 times 3 back then

You were subconsciously intimidated by the moustache.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

I'm guessing the jbl figure was a gift from a well-meaning aunt or grandma who figured all WWE wrestlers were about the same

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I'm guessing the jbl figure was a gift from a well-meaning aunt or grandma who figured all WWE wrestlers were about the same

She probably got it at cvs too.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I got into wrestling shortly after turning 22. My first PPV was Money in the Back Chicago, where CM Punk beat Cena clean and ran away with the belt. My first RAW was the week before the pipebomb.

Everything since has been a bit of a letdown, to be honest.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

VanSandman posted:

I got into wrestling shortly after turning 22. My first PPV was Money in the Back Chicago, where CM Punk beat Cena clean and ran away with the belt. My first RAW was the week before the pipebomb.

I got into wrestling at around the same age, but for me it was for Wrestlemania X-7. I assumed that every PPV event they had would be that good.

:negative:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

VanSandman posted:

I got a surprising amount of friends in their 20s into wrestling because of CM Punk around that time period and it was a painful process when most of them realized most of modern WWE wasn't that good. The Shield and Daniel Bryan helped hold their interest for a while but most of them burned out

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

VanSandman posted:

Were you watching an alternate universe MitB because Punk didn't win clean

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bradzilla posted:

Were you watching an alternate universe MitB because Punk didn't win clean

He won about as clean as they allowed Cena to be beaten back then. Also, Cena won because of his own dumb decision, it's not like Punk had Vince and Johnny come down.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He won about as clean as they allowed Cena to be beaten back then. Also, Cena won because of his own dumb decision, it's not like Punk had Vince and Johnny come down.

It's also not like Cena kicked out at 3. Punk hit his finish, and the ref counted to 3 and he didn't kick out or in any way imply that Punk didn't just put him down.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

My mother notoriously got the dirt loving worst figures for me as a kid. One Christmas I got Jamie Nobel, Mark Jindrak, Luther Reigns, Sumo-edition Big Show, and a Charlie Haas/Rico 2 pack.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

My mother notoriously got the dirt loving worst figures for me as a kid. One Christmas I got Jamie Nobel, Mark Jindrak, Luther Reigns, Sumo-edition Big Show, and a Charlie Haas/Rico 2 pack.

Brutal ownage

wcwchris
Jun 7, 2011
I remember being upset and not being able to sleep when Curt Hennig slammed Flair's head in the cage door and turned on the Horsemen...

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Jamie Nobel is a prize figure, though.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I got into a fight with a kid wearing a goldberg t-shirt while i was wearing a stone cold one. I got sent home because it had a skull on it. Me and my friends also got in trouble for doing crotch chops at the bus stop, and they had to be officially banned since so many people were doing them.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Onmi posted:

It's also not like Cena kicked out at 3. Punk hit his finish, and the ref counted to 3 and he didn't kick out or in any way imply that Punk didn't just put him down.

Also, Vince and Johnny were out there to screw Punk and it backfired, so he got the moral victory anyway. It's one of the few gently caress finishes that really works for the angle, not against it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fsmhunk posted:

I got into a fight with a kid wearing a goldberg t-shirt while i was wearing a stone cold one. I got sent home because it had a skull on it. Me and my friends also got in trouble for doing crotch chops at the bus stop, and they had to be officially banned since so many people were doing them.

This is me also but it actually happened earlier today at work.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Fsmhunk posted:

I got wrestling shirts banned from my elementary school because my 4th grade teacher was convinced that my nWo shirt promoted gang violence because it said "What's red and white and bad all over?" on the back.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

NienNunb posted:

I rented WWF Attitude for the N64 one year because I loved WWF. For Christmas, I got both WCW PSX games. They were in the bargain bin.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Yep I'm gonna need Sasha Banks to leave Team BAD and join New Day.

https://twitter.com/truekofi/status/641651491913236481

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Muddy Burphy posted:

I got wrestling shirts banned from my elementary school because my 4th grade teacher was convinced that my nWo shirt promoted gang violence because it said "What's red and white and bad all over?" on the back.

If Wolfpac are Bloods, would that make bWo the Crips?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

keevo posted:

I love that those guys took The New Day which was a totally awful and borderline gimmick and made it amazing. World Title Runs for everyone!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fsmhunk posted:

WWF kids were the worst.

2sweet

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

coconono posted:

I love that those guys took The New Day which was a totally awful and borderline gimmick and made it amazing. World Title Runs for everyone!

A sentence I never thought I'd type 5 years ago: Kofi Kingston's career has been made awesome by Consequences Creed enthusiastically playing a trombone.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

keevo posted:

What A Great Bunch Of Folks.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
I started watching around 98/99, so I was about 12 at the time. Even though I was old enough to know it wasn't 'real' I'd still get really mad when my mum would walk in and make fun of it. Shut up, muuum, Undertaker's really kidnapped Stephanie THIS IS SERIOUS!!

That brief moment in time when Channel 4 were playing Sunday Night Heat and PPV's was beautiful, cos it meant I could inflict it on my family at teatime on normal telly!

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/641593837920632832

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kenny King here:
https://twitter.com/KennyKingPb2/status/640395555261124608

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a thread so bad even meltzer comes off like a moron

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://twitter.com/VinceMcMahon/status/641682773724516352

Uh, thanks Vince :psyduck:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Vince has become Bob Barker

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

vince is right though

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Great, I have to agree with Vince on something. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

A bad day for wrestling.

https://twitter.com/UltraMantis/status/641713436565573633