Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Agree with Jake and Lumpen that Keane you are reading waaaay too much into what Jake said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Lumpen posted:

Keane why are you posting as if you assume CL is Town? Your point seems a bit overblown, but your conclusion is weird in not allowing a "JakeP is excusing and defending his Scumbuddy" hypothesis, which hit me as a more likely interpretation.

In this exchange I deem Keane more Scummy than Jake. Seems like a put-on. CL still a better lynch.

That's actually a good point.

gently caress, that's a really good point.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

Agree with Jake and Lumpen that Keane you are reading waaaay too much into what Jake said

gently caress, lumpen may have been right.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

That's actually a good point.

gently caress, that's a really good point.

lol you scum, if you actually believed that I was scum who was assuming CL was town then how does it make sense that CL is scum, if I were scum why would I assume that CL is town. you don't even have your own fake idea straight

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

lol you scum, if you actually believed that I was scum who was assuming CL was town then how does it make sense that CL is scum, if I were scum why would I assume that CL is town. you don't even have your own fake idea straight

Because you were defending a scumbud.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Because you were defending a scumbud.

Your argument was that my speech assumed him as town. If your case was I was defending a scumbro I wouldn't have argued it because I could see where you are coming from on it, but thats not where you came from at all

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

Your argument was that my speech assumed him as town. If your case was I was defending a scumbro I wouldn't have argued it because I could see where you are coming from on it, but thats not where you came from at all

Yes, and then lumpen brought up a better point.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

chaoslord posted:

I wonder how many posts it will be before Lumpen comes in and gloriously declares that his vote is what got me posting again this game.
Behold! I have gotten chaoslord, likely Scum, to post again in this game! I did it! It was all me.

Now the new biggest lurker is:
##Vote Tremendous Taste
All his posts:

Scum lurker, good lynch.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

We have content now and I don't like that Lumpen is just hopping from lurker to lurker.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

Can you expand on why you think Lumpen has a good point? Because I absolutely cannot see it unless you are assuming Jake is very bad at being scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

But your read on me and his point are contradictory, so for his read to reinforce your read somehow just goes to show that you are just looking for an excuse to vote me

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
actually

##vote CCKeane

I don't like your play in this game so far and you seem very scummy.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

CCKeane posted:

We have content now and I don't like that Lumpen is just hopping from lurker to lurker.
You don't like it, eh? Well who gives a poo poo! What are you going to do about it? Lynch the Town Tracker?

I told you I was going to lynch a lurker today.
I did that when I said

Lumpen posted:

My plan today is to lynch a lurker.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

But your read on me and his point are contradictory, so for his read to reinforce your read somehow just goes to show that you are just looking for an excuse to vote me

They are contradictory in the sense that only one can be true. They are not contradictory in the sense that both acknowledgeand rely on your hedging. Lumpen's point made an additional possibility that was reinforced by CL's later post.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Im not hedging, I just think its a bad idea to vote CL today for behaving as town CL often behaves especially when he is often very useful later in games when he is a town player

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

Im not hedging, I just think its a bad idea to vote CL today for behaving as town CL often behaves especially when he is often very useful later in games when he is a town player

JakeP posted:

i mean id vote CL, but he is often lurky like this early, and good to have around later

Then why would you vote him?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
just to avoid a no lynch

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Section 31 posted:

##vote Tremendous Taste

:tipshat:

What's this vote about?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

chaoslord posted:

Can you expand on why you think Lumpen has a good point? Because I absolutely cannot see it unless you are assuming Jake is very bad at being scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

Lumpen's point is that JakeP was deflecting away from you, it is pretty obvious and I don't know why you wouldn't see that.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

Lumpen's point is that JakeP was deflecting away from you, it is pretty obvious and I don't know why you wouldn't see that.

Because it doesn't make any sense to me and that's why I was hoping you could lay it out for me. I was at -4 in a very slow moving game. Deadline is a day and change away. The two votes on me were Lumpen who has promised to vote out a lurker and DBD who followed suit. I had said I would be here to post today. You put all that together and I'm in no danger unless someone was going to throw down a dayvig on me.

From there, you're saying that a scum Jake with me as his scum buddy decided the best course of action was to come into the thread and defend me.

Absolute best case from him doing that? No one notices it. If I show up as promised, then Lumpen's vote would be moving (and since has) and DBD's likely will too since his vote was "Good idea Lumpen." Life moves on and people forget that Jake said it. Worst case? Jake gets called out for it. It is a "Medium risk no reward" play if we're scumbros.

I feel like it's an insult to me to say that I would sign off on a play like that haha

If you want to say he was trying to build town cred for if I ended up flipping (which I believe was your first point), go for it, but in no way is Lumpen's trying to link the two of us together a better point.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##unvote cause posting

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
What a terrible, Scummy post, chaoslord! There were a lot of words in it, though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dbd why are you defending Lumpen?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lumpen posted:

What a terrible, Scummy post, chaoslord! There were a lot of words in it, though.

If you think that is a lot of words you should have seen the first draft

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Are you saying that you are self-consciously putting your calculated, overdefensive awkward posts through multiple drafts?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

bowmore posted:

Are you jelly or something?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lumpen posted:

Are you saying that you are self-consciously putting your calculated, overdefensive awkward posts through multiple drafts?

Sure, why not?

If my post is not effectively going to get my point across, I'm wasting my time. I type whatever comes to mind then edit out the rambly bits to make things concise. Don't need to have someone read ten sentences if I realize I can get the point across in two.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

chaoslord's meta is being a weirdo. it's fine. this is all fine. kill keane though.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GulagDolls posted:

chaoslord's meta is being a weirdo.

:argh:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

bowmore posted:

Defending is sort of a loose term

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
It's not losing Lumpen tbh it's losing a potential tracker

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

chaoslord's meta is being a weirdo. it's fine. this is all fine. kill keane though.

Rude.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have information that tells me Lumpen is not a tracker

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I can't specify what it is

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

bowmore posted:

I have information that tells me Lumpen is not a tracker

gently caress it.

##vote lumpen

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
1. bowmore - unknown
2. CapitalistPig - unknown
3. CCKeane - unknown
4. chaoslord - unknown
5. Deadbeat Dad - unknown
6. Dhaes - unknown
7. GulagDolls - unknown
8. JakeP - unknown
9. Lumpen - unknown
10. Section 31 - good alignment
11. Tremendous Taste - unknown

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Section i claimed good alignment

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

chaoslord posted:

##vote Lumpen

Still getting over being sick, I'll be more active tomorrow
I offer my sympathy.

##unvote

JakeP posted:

Section i claimed good alignment
Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Deadbeat Dad posted:

It's not losing Lumpen tbh it's losing a potential tracker
Except if he's in the bad-alignment (a.k.a scum), which we don't know for sure (unless you're his baddie partner).

• Locked thread