Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

PassTheRemote posted:

Could have done more to make it look less like an obvious photoshop.

I like how his arm disappears above her shoulder but his hand magically appears where its supposed to.

Kinda like rayman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Bonapartisan posted:

Not to interrupt... the whatever is going on, but now there's a big old todo about Jill Duggar Dillard and her husband. They've been soliciting money to do mission trips in El Salvador. But, people are finally starting to get angry, because in the (something like) 4 months they've been there, they've flown back to the US 3 times.

Oh, and this link talks about it more.

The reporter fails to talk about the hilarious photo they used though. I'm not usually good at picking out photoshops, but uh...

Christians love their church-sponsored vacations mission trips.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Like the Duggars would set foot in a country with brown-skin people that don't speak American!

They met in Nepal. The only way to make brown skinned people civilized is to teach them our superior ways, then kill most of them.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

that kid has the look of a jim bob

I was thinking that myself. Just a little too much like Jim Bob...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

No. 6 posted:

Go gently caress a Duggar.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

The Bible posted:

praycation

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

No. 6 posted:

Yes, I'll install an adblocker that works on my phone while using the Awful app browser. Go gently caress a Duggar.

android? you're in luck! modify your hosts file with one of the pre built host file ablock things. iphone? jailbreak or :(

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Bible posted:

I should start a Gogundme so I can spread the word at Disneyworld.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Denim Dude posted:

android? you're in luck! modify your hosts file with one of the pre built host file ablock things. iphone? jailbreak or :(

The company behind Adblock Plus released a browser with Adblock on ios, just today in fact. And next week Apple is releasing ios9 which is integrating Adblocking into Safari.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Casimir Radon posted:

Seriously. word it something like "I wish to spread the seed of Jesus in wasteland of decadence and idol worship and gaudy ungodliness." The spreading of the seed line means you can use the cash to gently caress strippers whilst you are in Orlando.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's such a baffling 'shop. If you are going to fake a mission pic, why the beach? The beach just reinforces the "you're paying for our vacation" vibe. A slum, a quaint village or even a church would be better options. Why the beach?

:psyduck:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Angela Christine posted:

It's such a baffling 'shop. If you are going to fake a mission pic, why the beach? The beach just reinforces the "you're paying for our vacation" vibe. A slum, a quaint village or even a church would be better options. Why the beach?

RIP that dude's arm.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

why did they change the color of her shirt to make it dayglo

and did they make her boob bigger??????

seems like both things would make her seem whorish in the eyes of baby jesus

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jill Duggar has big Jim Bobs :eyepop:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Crusty Nutsack posted:

why did they change the color of her shirt to make it dayglo

and did they make her boob bigger??????

seems like both things would make her seem whorish in the eyes of baby jesus

I was just think in' little momma duggar got some bangin titties.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Angela Christine posted:

Looks like the dude is really there, but Jill Bob & Junior Bob aren't, given the lighting differences. I guess it's the only photo of him that sorta matches up with the one of her.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Husband Bob is probably just trying to convert some cabana boys while Wife Bob is flying back and forth to be seen on TV.

:huh:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
wanna motorboat Jill's Jim Bobs

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wow, they are super bad at mission grifting. http://www.dillardfamily.com/blog

Starts pretty strong.

quote:

Dillard Family Ministry Update
July 18, 2015

We are so excited to announce that we have safely arrived on the mission field and we can now tell you that we are in Central America! Israel seems to be adjusting to the new climate, culture, food (via moms milk), and language faster than Jill and I are. In fact, he has been the talk of the town. Everywhere we go, people here about and want to see and hold the, big blue-eyed, white baby LOL. Israel is definitely growing and developing fast. It has also been wonderful to make contact and talk briefly with family back in the US to share updates.

Above all, thank you to God and all our prayer and financial partners. We cannot express enough gratitude for the ways God has been working through so many of you to make this transition for our family as smooth as possible. God has used you all to bless us and to make our vision a reality for those who have yet to put their faith in Jesus Christ, who is our only hope for salvation.

It is encouraging to already see some of the ways God is changing the hearts of the people here. Just 7 days ago, I had the joy of witnessing one elderly woman give lordship of her life to Christ. This transpired just one day after her Christian son was restored to fellowship in his local church. We were at the mans house ministering to him with encouragement from Gods Word when the opportunity was presented to share the hope of the Gospel with his mother. Its our prayer, and we ask you to please pray with us, that many more would repent of their ways and turn to Gods way for their life.

Praise the LORD! Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever! -Psalm 106:1

Love,

Derick & Jill

If you would like to financially support our family ministry you can do so here.

Point out LOL brown people, thank the rubes for supporting your trip, throw in an elderly convert anecdote, a bible quote, and then ask for money. Pretty good. Then their next entry is pretty pointless though.

quote:

(Video) Baby Israel Goes For A Ride
August 3, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbmW44AWvYE

37 seconds of a baby being carried through a generic hotel. Are they even in central america?

The latest one really drops the ball.

quote:

Mission Update: August 31, 2015
August 31, 2015
By Jill Duggar

Hey everyone! August has been a busy month for us and as so many of you know it has ended on a sad note for my extended family. Please do pray for our family. We are so thankful for Gods grace during difficult days.

This last month has been a bit of a whirlwind for us with a quick trip to the U.S. and back here to Central America over the weekend. When we were first invited to our friend, Michaella Bates', wedding we didn't think we were going to be able to make it. But once we realized that we needed to make a trip back to the States to do some filming for the upcoming TLC documentary, we were thrilled that the dates coincided with that of the wedding! We were able to make the stop in Tennessee on our way back here to Central America! We had to increase our class time on the front half of the week to make up for the time we would lose studying in the latter half of the week. However, it was definitely worth it when we took off for a great reunion with family and friends! It was a lovely wedding celebration! My younger sister, Joy, and her best friend, Carlin Bates, came home with us! It's been a blast having company and they've been such a great help to us while we bury ourselves in the books! I will not want them to leave after their two week visit! I love having them here for the friendship and Israel certainly loves all the extra attention!

Verbs! Verbs! ...and more verbs! LOL. This is what Spanish class has looked like for both Derick and I recently. We are enjoying our classes and are so blessed to have each other to bounce questions off of since we are taking the same classes. The way our school teaches is individualized, so we each have an instructor. This really helps us to be immersed and practice conversational Spanish everyday. It has opened up good opportunities for both of us to talk about the Bible and pray with our teachers.

Thank y'all for continuing to pray for us! We will keep the updates coming and will try to do so with more frequency so keep checking our website for more!

We are so grateful for your partnership and friendship as we work to bring many to Christ in Central America!

Half the blog is about their trip back home. Jet-setting around is not what people donate to missions for. She abandoned the mission field for a party and 2 minutes on a TLC special. That just shows a lack of commitment. Then they get back to central america and there are no heartwarming tales of saving souls, instead they've been taking Spanish classes. Wat. Yeah, you totally had to wait until you got to central america for that, there is no way to take Spanish classes in the USA on your own dime.

The Duggar 'everything is fine' instinct may be letting her down here. People want to hear about hardships, not vacations.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

We're ministering to our spanish teacher (who we think is in a gang because he is brown-skinned). He's very receptive to the word of Christ, and not just because we're paying him.
Once we actually learn spanish, we'll expand our ministry to the gangs roving across the country's many resort hotels and beaches. Talking about the wonders of Christ over mojitos and chips with guacamole is a truly religious experience. I have a white blue-eyed baby, Praise Christ!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Shockingly they do the bare minimum actually less to keep their tax free church status

Gotta be tough for them after that chick in Kentucky started siphoning away all the fundie bux

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

How do they "minister"to people who don't speak 'Murrican?

I cannot imagine a Duggar, or one who would marry a Duggar deigning to learn Spanish, or Nepalese, or any local language.

Edit: Whoops didn't see that they were trying to learn Spanish. (And laughing about how hard and foreign it all is.)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BrigadierSensible posted:

How do they "minister"to people who don't speak 'Murrican?

I cannot imagine a Duggar, or one who would marry a Duggar deigning to learn Spanish, or Nepalese, or any local language.

Edit: Whoops didn't see that they were trying to learn Spanish. (And laughing about how hard and foreign it all is.)

What choice do they have? Minister to Canada? Minister to scary urban youth in godless detroit? India and parts of Africa speak english, but if they go so far they might not be able to afford to come home once a month.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

PT6A posted:

For some reasons, nutty Evangelicals really, really don't like Catholics, and think the Church is satan himself.

The crazier Christians tend to loathe other Christians for stuff like allowing women to be pastors or not hating homosexuals. It's the same thing, and likely the same people, as ultraconservatives accusing anybody left of them of not being Real Americans.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Motto posted:

The crazier Christians tend to loathe other Christians for stuff like allowing women to be pastors or not hating homosexuals. It's the same thing, and likely the same people, as ultraconservatives accusing anybody left of them of not being Real Americans.

In short, God is talking to everyone, but telling them all conflicting things.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Bible posted:

In short, God is talking to everyone, but telling them all conflicting things.

What a prankster.

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

PT6A posted:

For some reasons, nutty Evangelicals really, really don't like Catholics, and think the Church is satan himself.

Living in the south among the baptists and gone to a Catholic college, there's a couple reasons.

Some believe the Catholics are idol worshippers/pseudo-polytheists what with the various saints and prayers to Mary. (Fun thing, ask a Catholic and a non-Catholic what the Immaculate Conception refers to. You might get different answers.)

Along with the idolatry, the other reason is the papacy, the fact that the big authority head is an old dude in a funny white hat in a foreign land upsets Christian nationalists to no end; along with the idea that said old dude speaks for god, meanwhile the irony that every politician claims to have talked to God personally flies right over their heads.

The last reason usually involves the fact that some Catholics have latched onto some forms of social justice, and have gone "maybe there's something to this whole the Earth revolves around the Sun idea." meaning they bucked from God's infallible truth.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Angela Christine posted:

What a prankster.

It would make sense if God turned out to be Coyote.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Casimir Radon posted:

There should be a separate site for this that the Duggar boys can be allowed to view. GoFundie.com is available.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
The Duggar should all move to Guyana.

To JimBobtown.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Apparently they are there, but for some reason, edited the hell out of that photo. HD filters are the bane of fundies too, I guess. I can't explain his arm, although I will say he's really got some marfan looking limbs so I guess he could have his arm just really awkwardly placed.

Original unfundiefiltered

Oh, and he recently had jaw realignment surgery, so his mouth was I guess way more hosed up before. God help me for knowing all this but these people fascinate me :(

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Angela Christine posted:

I don't know, doesn't seem like a safe place to take your kid.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

So what's their justification when caught in a con

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I sense a premise for a golden Photoshop thread.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

So what's their justification when caught in a con

Either Satan-fortress in your heart, or Jesus wanted it that way.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bonapartisan posted:

Apparently they are there, but for some reason, edited the hell out of that photo. HD filters are the bane of fundies too, I guess. I can't explain his arm, although I will say he's really got some marfan looking limbs so I guess he could have his arm just really awkwardly placed.

Original unfundiefiltered

Oh, and he recently had jaw realignment surgery, so his mouth was I guess way more hosed up before. God help me for knowing all this but these people fascinate me :(

That photo still doesnt jive. The angle of the beach and waves is all wrong.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Raiad posted:

I don't know, doesn't seem like a safe place to take your kid.

:perfect:

Buh
May 17, 2008

PT6A posted:

It's not just that. Bringing Jesus to them damned heathen foreigners gets you serious fundie brownie points, but no one wants to deal with pesky details like actually getting imprisoned or endangered so they pick a place that sounds a bit foreign but also totally Christian so they can have a little holiday preaching to the choir and come back as heroes.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Template please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Bonapartisan posted:

Oh, and he recently had jaw realignment surgery

Did he get an extra joint put in his arm at the same time?

• Locked thread