Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

GulagDolls posted:

why would bowmore do that, as bad guy.
Get rid of a Town Power Role, play it off as "oh hey he was a jerk and irked me so I lied" and get away with it? Or maybe he really thought he could get rid of a Town Power Role and slide by on a fake counterclaim... Neither a smart plan, but... well, what's bowmore's meta on planning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote CCKeane okay do this

honestly, that seems better than voting a potential town tracker out, but the issue is going to have to be addressed at some point I think, even getting results from them won't confirm poo poo, and potentially outing a cop early just to confirm one isn't worth it either imo

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
If neither of us is lynched I will be the NK target. Watch.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

This is some bullshit.

I'm on team bowmore on this because

bowmore posted:

also hey I forgot how much of a jerk lumpen was to play with

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
CCKeane, that is a lie. You have had absolutely no opportunity to forget how much of a jerk I am to play with, you have spent most of the last few weeks in a game with me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Lumpen posted:

CCKeane, that is a lie. You have had absolutely no opportunity to forget how much of a jerk I am to play with, you have spent most of the last few weeks in a game with me.

You are right. I didn't forget.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
The thing is I agreed with Keane and his statement on JakeP (though Lumpen shot a hole through it when Keane pressed it further) and didn't really like how JakeP reacted immediately calling Keane scum for it since you did word that chaos thing really badly. The thing about Keane is I think he's trying to get Lumpen out because he doesn't like him rather than he thinks he's scum, and I think that's scummy. It would be nice if he commented about the exchange with bowmore recently since his vote on Lumpen was before all that.

if you admit that your vote is more of a housecleaning thing than a "I believe he's scum" maybe it'll make more sense

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The thing is I agreed with Keane and his statement on JakeP (though Lumpen shot a hole through it when Keane pressed it further) and didn't really like how JakeP reacted immediately calling Keane scum for it since you did word that chaos thing really badly. The thing about Keane is I think he's trying to get Lumpen out because he doesn't like him rather than he thinks he's scum, and I think that's scummy. It would be nice if he commented about the exchange with bowmore recently since his vote on Lumpen was before all that.

if you admit that your vote is more of a housecleaning thing than a "I believe he's scum" maybe it'll make more sense

Yes, my vote is because I dislike lumpen.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

CCKeane posted:

Yes, my vote is because I dislike lumpen.
If I promised to be very nice from now on in this game, would you vote Bowmore? I doubt it (and no hard feelings), because I think you are both likely Scum, but I would still make the bargain and follow through on my part of it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Lumpen posted:

If I promised to be very nice from now on in this game, would you vote Bowmore? I doubt it (and no hard feelings), because I think you are both likely Scum, but I would still make the bargain and follow through on my part of it.

I know you've met merk and he says you're alright and all, and I bet you are in real life. It's honestly frustrating to play with you though. You tend to cross a lot of lines and you seem to revel in being really, unnecessarily nasty. It's just mean. Some player tend to be more bombastic but they don't leave me feeling gross for having seen it.

If you can knock it off and be civil, yes. Frankly bowmore is scummier, yes.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Ok vote it then, my good friend Keane who I respect and admire.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Bowmore

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
It sure would be nice to have the first THUNDERDOME that actually gets carried out to completion. Every one I've tried has gotten declined or derailed :(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also talking to my confirmed town mason Dhaes I would like to state for the record that Dhaes eats poop.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
oh boy just what i wanted! come back to 150 posts about lumpen

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Gentlemen Dhaes, Esq posted:

Well it looks like either Ploppen or Br. O'More, and I actually like Br. O'More so welp I guess I'm gonna leave my vote on Ploppen. This town ain't big enough for TWO trackers!
___________________/

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

this is a scummy post, trying to "bribe" people into voting with you

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

bowmore posted:

this is a scummy post, trying to "bribe" people into voting with you
It's nice that you're trying your best, friend bowmore who was assigned Scum.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Tremendous Taste has been posting actively elsewhere, but still only 4 posts here in the entire game. TT come talk to us, please. You are welcome to join in our circle of pleasant friendship chat, ol' pal.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I really do not want to be on the same vote as Lumpen and Keane :ohdear:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

chaoslord posted:

Why not, my friend? How do you know?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

Then get on one of us.

You still have a vote.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm gonna catch up here

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

Then get on one of us.

You still have a vote.

Didn't you just have a game where you "couldn't vote" as VT?

I am thinking it over, yes. It is good to know you are around though!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

Didn't you just have a game where you "couldn't vote" as VT?

I am thinking it over, yes. It is good to know you are around though!

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I am in the running, very much in the running as a day one target. Why are you so hesitant?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Yes, a very weird post by CL. Who do you think is Scum? If you think it is Keane or me, go ahead and vote it.

What could account for such an odd post, what mental perspective?

It occurs to me that your mind may be more focused on posting an excuse to avoid voting bowmore. Why do this? If he flips Scum, you feel like you need to provide a justification for not participating in the lynch. This mindset would be consistent with you being Scum with him.

This is my train of thought, my friend chaoslord, if I have made a mistake I apologize and either way it's nothing personal.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Lumpen posted:

Yes, a very weird post by CL. Who do you think is Scum? If you think it is Keane or me, go ahead and vote it.

What could account for such an odd post, what mental perspective?

It occurs to me that your mind may be more focused on posting an excuse to avoid voting bowmore. Why do this? If he flips Scum, you feel like you need to provide a justification for not participating in the lynch. This mindset would be consistent with you being Scum with him.

This is my train of thought, my friend chaoslord, if I have made a mistake I apologize and either way it's nothing personal.

I know you view the nice posting as a PR but you seriously come across a lot better for it.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

CCKeane posted:

I know you view the nice posting as a PR but you seriously come across a lot better for it.
Thank you!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The only issue I have with your post, Lumpen, is this part

Lumpen posted:

It occurs to me that your mind may be more focused on posting an excuse to avoid voting bowmore. Why do this?

Your conclusion follows your premise that I'm scum and you're looking for scum tells by me. From that, it's a fair enough argument.

From where I'm sitting, though, I don't need an excuse to not vote bowmore. It would be very easy to sit far away, come in here at twenty minutes to deadline, and go "Oh no, deadline is here, looks like I better vote <voteleader>." Or I could have come into the thread this morning and gone "YEP keane's a bad guy vote keane". When I have those two options available to me, among probably many others, I don't see what the scum motivation for myself would be to make the post(s) I did. They draw unnecessary attention to myself and run the risk of having me linked for no gain when I have other options that get the same alleged goal across (not voting bowmore) without the extra attention.

But we will disagree on that I'm sure.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Gulag is totally scum this game. Probably Bowmore also

##vote bow

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

my vote is not going to change unless the mod comes in and says that he is town which isn't going to happen so my vote isn't going to change

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Dhaes posted:

my vote is not going to change unless the mod comes in and says that he is town which isn't going to happen so my vote isn't going to change
Later in the game, this post will remain, in which Dhaes makes a bad excuse for voting a Townie.
Dhaes, you're not even pretending to hunt for Scum. Why not? Are you playing toward your win condition? Could you explain yourself more, please?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Dhaes, if you have some time, your analysis of the roleclaim issue would be very appreciated. You are a smart guy and people pay close attention to your conclusions.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
5 hours to deadline.

##unvote

I'll wait a bit. Not super convinced on Keane yet, still think there's more to this tracker thing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

5 hours to deadline.

##unvote

I'll wait a bit. Not super convinced on Keane yet, still think there's more to this tracker thing.

Ahahaha this is the scummiest loving thing.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I would 100% vote with the majority and don't care how scummy it looks. Lumpen's claim is way more realistic than bowmores in my head, but I can't act like I don't get why voting Lumpen out is a good idea. Certain posters will actually start to play the game. Keane is all over the place.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I would 100% vote with the majority and don't care how scummy it looks. Lumpen's claim is way more realistic than bowmores in my head, but I can't act like I don't get why voting Lumpen out is a good idea. Certain posters will actually start to play the game. Keane is all over the place.

"I'm okay with anybody dying"

Deadbeat Dad

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

CCKeane posted:

"I'm okay with anybody dying"

Deadbeat Dad

I'm okay with you dying because you're flinging stuff at the wall and have voted Lumpen from pure dislike and not playing the game. Lumpen poked a huge hole through your jake case and you turn around and keep a vote on him even after the eavesdropper thing until you were forced to admit you don't like playing him

I'm okay with bowmore dying because his claim seems more flimsy than Lumpen and Lumpen doesn't bother me as much as he does other people, flip will give some good information if he's not scum

I'm okay with Lumpen dying because I could be wrong about bowmore and Lumpen could have a fake claim given by the mod. Also people like you and Dhaes and whoever else that dislikes him will actually play with a clear head and enjoy discussion not centered around Lumpen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Your play is actually confusing me

##vote Keane i'll just keep this vote on you then if the crux of your argument of why i'm scummy is me unvoting you close to the deadline

I Will Appease You Keane

• Locked thread