Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

They just over threw the current government. The people barely support them due to this except for the few that know the truth. Retaking the wall is a big deal to the public as it shows "hey we aren't waiting here to die, we can do something about it" and will get the population pumped and on their side.

Going to the basement is just "we sent some dudes off to find things you don't understand and that we aren't going to tell you anyways"

In reality they are probably going to seal the wall and Eren is immediately going to go to the basement since they are basically in the same place. It's easier to get into a buried basement when there aren't more titans pouring in at the very least.

Eren also just recently felt like he's a gently caress up and can't do anything, so he probably wants to help the people first by sealing that wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Angry Grimace posted:

They could do that only with the Armored Titan (Reiner) but who knows where the gently caress he's at. I guess the idea is that Eren might reasonably stop him with his MIND CONTROL POWERS or whatever.

Eren would have won last time, and now he's got the same power Reiner has.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
And you still have to account for the hairy monkey titan and whatever power he might have. It will tilt one way of the other the outcome of the upcoming fight. I am guessing major character(s) death is inevitable (Armin and/or Levi).

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
survey corps gets titanized

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The complete absence of Titans is pretty unnerving. My guess is that Reiner and :wookie: pried off the roofs of nearby houses and jammed them full of Titans, then sealed them up with hardening power. When :wookie: gives the signal, the buildings will shatter and Titans will boil out like angry oatmeal.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

The trap is awakening all of the wall titans around the village.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

isme posted:

And you still have to account for the hairy monkey titan and whatever power he might have. It will tilt one way of the other the outcome of the upcoming fight. I am guessing major character(s) death is inevitable (Armin and/or Levi).

Nah Armin is gonna live. Isayama already spoiled the direction Eren and Armin are heading characterization wise.

Their friendship will come to an end, or be severely strained. I could see Erwin dying and Armin taking his place as strategist, then making questionable decisions.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

You're all talking about the tv show right? There wasn't a new issue?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
tbh i'm still kinda surprised we didn't see any main character deaths in the uprising arc

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

It feels like they mighta flip-flopped on taking out Hanji or Hange whichever I keep seeing both in that cave fight. I was pretty sure that was it for them but nope.

Though really fine by me, I was one of the people going ugh when it started to look like we were heading for the character treadmill a while back.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Krinkle posted:

You're all talking about the tv show right? There wasn't a new issue?

There's a new issue out.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Is there a new thread or something, or is this Manga just dead now to people here?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There just wasn't much to talk about re: the previous chapter. :shrug:

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
We spend all our time in the superior live action AoT movie thread now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to go to the live action AoT screening in my area when it comes out and I'm going to laugh at it

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
This manga is the king of having nothing happen.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Baal posted:

I'm going to go to the live action AoT screening in my area when it comes out and I'm going to laugh at it

You're going to cry

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to be stronger for the experience

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

No, Berserk has had it beat since long before it was ever thought of and will continue to have nothing happen for decades to come.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKF9FhV_-y4

Attack on Titan Season 2 looking pretty strong.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

No, Berserk has had it beat since long before it was ever thought of and will continue to have nothing happen for decades to come.

The pacing in Berserk isn't that bad. The problem is that it takes a year for each chapter to come out.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Andrast posted:

The pacing in Berserk isn't that bad. The problem is that it takes a year for each chapter to come out.

Nope, he is right. Berserk has barely advanced in the last volumes. AoT has a more consistent pacing.
In the last 10 volumes of Berserk, we had one important thing. I'm talking of Ganishka transformation, death and consequences. Though I will admit, i twas a BIG deal.
But in comparison in 10 volumes of AoT lots of things have happened.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 23, 2015

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tenzarin posted:

Yeah, every week the chapter just flies by, although at least Kubo is a pretty good ar-

Wait this isn't the Bleach thread!

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
Eh AoT dragged on a bit I feel with the coup stuff and them running around trying to hide from the govenment but once that guy turned into the roast chicken titan it kinda got back on track.

Like with this last chapter they set out toward the basement on the first page and by the last page they arrived in the town. I dont think they'll get inside or resolve that plotline right away but at least we didnt have 2 other chapters in between of them having character drama in the middle of some nondescript woods or have them get ambushed before they made it there.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

dis astranagant posted:

:rip: : Here lies Kentaro Miura, loved his waifus, never finished Berserk

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Mega blue balls chapter this month. Can't wait for next month though.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Shadow0 posted:

Nazis: Walked around being mysterious, not sure what they ever did.
There were nazis in this movie? Please explain.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Squidster posted:

Attack on Titan Season 2 looking pretty strong.

Indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KfnU8Xm3wk

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Wait wait what is this from

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait wait what is this from

twitter!

After digging around a bit i found this other tidbit of information
http://www.threeifbyspace.net/2015/10/attack-on-titan-season-2-preview-video-leaked/#.VhCAknpVhBc

quote:

Fans of Attack On Titan have been waiting for something of the new season which is set to come out in 2016 and now they finally have something new to look at. A clip has surfaced that was added for the Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom (Shingeki no Kyojin Movie 2: Jiyuu no Tsubasa) compilation film. That film covered the final 13 episodes of the first season. This brand new ending to the final 13 episodes sets up events for the upcoming second season and events in the manga itself. Be sure to check it out before its pulled off youtube.

So it's not quite the second season announcement that it was labeled as.

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.
Finally caught up again for the first time since...2013? 2014? Holy poo poo so much has happened! For everything past the anime I followed along with the thread so I got to experience the joys of people calling what would happen next and repeatedly misdiagnosing character deaths. This was great fun. Can't loving WAIT for the next issue though jesus this most recent one was some full on talkin' about STUFF that I could really have done without.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Apparently the next chapter in a few days we're gonna learn the Ultra Humanite's name, but maybe also Ymir's.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
ultra humanite? did we make up a new nickname for monkey trouble while i wasn't looking?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Monkey Trouble is still the correct name

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

ultra humanite? did we make up a new nickname for monkey trouble while i wasn't looking?
Pretty much every primate-based name has been used for Monkey Trouble by this point.

That said, if his real name is Mallah Grodd (or uses one of those names), I will burst out laughing.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Terrible Opinions posted:

There were nazis in this movie? Please explain.

There were a group of people that would show up and were wearing very black, stiff uniforms with the hats and even stiffer expressions on their faces. I didn't understand enough of the movie to understand who they were. Some kind of superiors I guess.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Pretty sure that was the MP

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

New chapter's out http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/attack-on-titan/volumes

The only way I can see Eren escaping this is if he figures out how to use his coordinate ability.

And did Furious George just make those Titans?? Where did he get so many people?

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 9, 2015

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I thought the coordinate ability only worked on people of the same genetic race as the majority inside the walls, excepting nobility and the Ackermans. Monkey dude and Bert/Reiner aren't from inside the wall, so they might be immune?

Didn't Eren handle himself against Reiner pretty well last time, barring Reiner's armour? Eren has hardening power now too, so that might change things.

I'm worried about where Bert is so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I think the better use of the coordinate ability would be to make all the generic Titans swarm and overwhelm Monkey Madness and Reiner, that way everybody else has a better chance of dealing lethal blows to those two. Eren's probably also somewhat fatigued from using the hardening ability to plug the wall, so that might play into the battle, as well.

In any case, Levi was fuckin' cool in this chapter