Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Jedit posted:

Punisher's already had two attempts at killing the MCU and failed both times.

Hell hath no fury like a CEO scorned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

:stonk: just saw this

:frog:

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

:stonk: just saw this

Looks like he's caught Down's syndrome, that's a pretty ballsy move tbh.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jedit posted:

Punisher's already had two attempts at killing the MCU and failed both times.

I thought there was at least one story here he succeeded utterly? Ironically I think the only survivor was Daredevil and that's because the Punisher shot himself, right?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Blazing Ownager posted:

I thought there was at least one story here he succeeded utterly? Ironically I think the only survivor was Daredevil and that's because the Punisher shot himself, right?

Nah, he kills Daredevil, sees Daredevil is actually Matt (Frank a good history with Matt) and then kills himself.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Blazing Ownager posted:

Note he said "MCU" marvel CINEMATIC universe, the joke is that the Punisher and Punisher: War Zone are bad films, such that they might nearly sink the superhero movie genre.

It is a good joke, but honestly I feel kind of bad for Thomas Jane. His movie wasnt great, but none of that was his fault. War Zone is kind of a hot mess all round, but a hot mess I really really enjoy. Plus that one had Volstagg the Voluminous as Castle, and again, the movies faults arent on him.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Thomas Jane Punisher owned, haters exit stage left.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

SiKboy posted:

Note he said "MCU" marvel CINEMATIC universe, the joke is that the Punisher and Punisher: War Zone are bad films, such that they might nearly sink the superhero movie genre.

It is a good joke, but honestly I feel kind of bad for Thomas Jane. His movie wasnt great, but none of that was his fault. War Zone is kind of a hot mess all round, but a hot mess I really really enjoy. Plus that one had Volstagg the Voluminous as Castle, and again, the movies faults arent on him.

Funny, that's exactly how I feel about the Pierce Brosnan bond films. He was a great Bond, but the films were rear end.

I should probably watch the Punisher films, booze in hand, one of these days.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

Colonial Air Force posted:

Funny, that's exactly how I feel about the Pierce Brosnan bond films. He was a great Bond, but the films were rear end.

I should probably watch the Punisher films, booze in hand, one of these days.

I felt that way about Timothy Dalton.

Just don't go back and rewatch the Dolph Lundgren Punisher...

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Deakul posted:

Agreed. I like that movie.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

team overhead smash posted:

Nah, he kills Daredevil, sees Daredevil is actually Matt (Frank a good history with Matt) and then kills himself.

Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe by Garth Ennis. Available on Comixology according to my glancing. But yeah, it starts off with Frank and Matt as childhood friends and then when Frank offs Daredevil Matt takes off the mask and reveals himself. Frank is so devastated at what he's done that he shoots himself.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He also kills Wolverine by stomping his balls.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Aphrodite posted:

He also kills Wolverine by stomping his balls.

Nah, I think you're thinking of a random 616 fight they had where he blows Wolverine's face off, shots his balls off and then runs him over with a steamrollers. It was also written by Ennis which might be the cause of the confusion. Wolverine survives.

edit:

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 7, 2015

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

HIJK posted:

Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe by Garth Ennis. Available on Comixology according to my glancing. But yeah, it starts off with Frank and Matt as childhood friends and then when Frank offs Daredevil Matt takes off the mask and reveals himself. Frank is so devastated at what he's done that he shoots himself.

Marvel Universe v. The Punisher is about a hundred times better.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Why is this not the go-to strategy for fighting wolverine?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Ignite Memories posted:

And I assume you leave the steam roller parked on him.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Right! What's the fucker gonna do about it? He's not THAT strong.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Now I'm imagining a universe where Skynet made Wolverine into a terminator, by literally replacing his skeleton and brain with a terminator endoskeleton...

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
Wouldn't Terminators made out of adamantium be better?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

Presumably if Skynet and Wolverine existed in the same universe, Terminators would be adamantium. Or at least this one.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Ignite Memories posted:

Because it's easier to just drown him.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Deakul posted:

If the Punisher was actually the Count of Monte Cristo, then maybe. That's what the TJ Punisher was.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lundgren was still best

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

So is there still no release date for Jessica Jones? Seems like they're cutting it pretty close if they're going to put it out in 2015.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

So is there still no release date for Jessica Jones? Seems like they're cutting it pretty close if they're going to put it out in 2015.

I think they're still aiming for October. You'd think we would have seen a trailer by now though

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

Just don't go back and rewatch the Dolph Lundgren Punisher...

Dolph's Punisher was a good, basic, violent 80s film. It just isn't very Punisher-y aside from Lundgren's character calling himself The Punisher.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

So Ultron in the comics?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hakkesshu posted:

I think they're still aiming for October. You'd think we would have seen a trailer by now though

They've only been wrapped on filming since the end of July. I'd expect the series in November and trailer near the end of this month or the beginning of October. Daredevil did a few teasers but the first trailer was only like a month before it came out.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

ShakeZula posted:

Gotta remember that all the episodes come out at once. Probably late november/early december.

Didnt Daredevil release it less than 2 months after announcing the date?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I saw an article in the Facebook sidebar about the show, and the little preview block said December but when I clicked it the real article said Fall.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Aphrodite posted:

I saw an article in the Facebook sidebar about the show, and the little preview block said December but when I clicked it the real article said Fall.

Well, you guys can stop wondering. Per Maureen Ryan's Twitter, Jessica Jones drops on November 20.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Premiere November 20th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywZE-NEJ2Ik&feature=youtu.be

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cool, interested to see the marketing campaign when it begins on November 18.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
JJ trailer here for the interested: http://youtu.be/cIKecSNhRv8

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Avengers Tower at :33

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

it doesn't show anything, but I like the way it stains everything purple, which is the signature colour of both Jessica and Kilgrave. .

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Jedit posted:

it doesn't show anything, but I like the way it stains everything purple, which is the signature colour of both Jessica and Kilgrave. .

I also like the art style is very Alias esque and I'm assuming it's Killgrave with the taunting "Jesssssica..."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's a really slickly made teaser. The tone is just the right mix of positive and disturbing, gives me decent hopes for the series.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Also, the music was Thousand Eyes by Of Monsters And Men, a pretty cool group from Iceland.

https://twitter.com/TheMarvelReport/status/641986112244817920

For those wondering: the song is Of Monsters and Men - Thousand Eyes which you can buy on @iTunes! https://itun.es/i6SF8xk #JessicaJones

And on Google Play if you use Android: https://play.google.com/store/music/album?id=Blkdxjqwk36nbdddbwd6oapuofu&tid=song-T7c4weagftt6osobitdz7wfdzrm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Tennant is going to be using his not very good American accent for this isn't he.