Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus posted:

im permabanned poster seraph84. i first started investing in bitcoin when it was about $100. by $220 i got really obsessed with the concept of "investment" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "to the moon" and "this is good for bitcoin because" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on star citizen. i always wondered what the kind of "investment" strategy of star citizen backers was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "profit" from imaginary space ships to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

This is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Hopper posted:

So, 11 hours to go for the Everspace kickstarter. I am tempted to give them 20€ and see if they can release before SC. Has anyone backed this and has an opinion on it?

I threw the minimum at it to get the game. I liked the other games they put out, even if they were originally for ios devices, the ports were decent. Games were shallow because, duh they were ios games. This one I've got a bit more hope for as its not going to be a port. We'll see. I don't doubt they'll get it out eventually.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Paladinus posted:

im permabanned poster seraph84. i first started investing in bitcoin when it was about $100. by $220 i got really obsessed with the concept of "investment" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "to the moon" and "this is good for bitcoin because" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on star citizen. i always wondered what the kind of "investment" strategy of star citizen backers was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "profit" from imaginary space ships to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

This is a good post.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
wtf happened to the spinning elephant

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

haha nice av Eonwe

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Another crazy twist

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 27 minutes!
What if Seraph was always a girl? I'm not convinced he and his girlfriend are different people.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Another crazy twist

So what happens now?

I know RSI forums aren't as cool as the SA forums, but I've always wondered if a ban is for a person and their individual activity, or an entire household (because it's what the bible says or something).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

spacetoaster posted:

So what happens now?

I know RSI forums aren't as cool as the SA forums, but I've always wondered if a ban is for a person and their individual activity, or an entire household (because it's what the bible says or something).

do you seriously believe that this isn't seraph

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Paladinus posted:

On his reddit account he states that he does have a mental illness.

Soothing Vapors posted:

I mean honestly it's kind of more disturbing if that's actually his girlfriend. He's groomed her well.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Sedisp posted:

On his reddit account he states that he does have a mental illness.

Only one?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Who's the child holding up that message and do her parents know she's not at school?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

I do not believe that girl is seraph. I do believe that seraph is paying for everything and doing all the typing though (so it may as well be).

I was just asking because its an interesting question to me.

My spouse has a basic aurora package on RSI and a couple of forum posts. If I were to get banned, could she also be banned? Or could she escape sharing my punishment because, well, it's not me.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Hello, it's me, your brother. Can I borrow $100? I'll pay you back.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Even if it legit is his GF posting sometimes, some of the posts are very obviously written by Seraph, as well as the decision to put it on Eonwe obviously being him, and that's account sharing. So joke's still on them, I guess. But Lowtax still thanks you for wasting that :10bux: again for the spinning pink elephant removal.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Anyone wondering why I pay attention to SC simply has to look at Seraph84 and realize that's merely the tip of the icesperg when it comes to this ridiculous community.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Eonwe posted:

i think peter gabriels posts are very good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

spacetoaster posted:

I do not believe that girl is seraph. I do believe that seraph is paying for everything and doing all the typing though (so it may as well be).

My spouse has a basic aurora package on RSI and a couple of forum posts. If I were to get banned, could she also be banned? Or could she escape sharing my punishment because, well, it's not me.

no she would not be banned more than likely, its more of a "I know it when I see it" kind of thing that is happening with Seraph

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

Even if it legit is his GF posting sometimes, some of the posts are very obviously written by Seraph, as well as the decision to put it on Eonwe obviously being him, and that's account sharing. So joke's still on them, I guess. But Lowtax still thanks you for wasting that :10bux: again for the spinning pink elephant removal.

its funny because every time my elephant has been returned as my av it hasn't been me that has bought it either

so like, thats a lot of money lowtax is getting

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Also after all his bragging about his bitcoin futures he lives in a really gross looking place. Or is that just the dungeon he's set her up in.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The floor probably could do with a cleaning but it also looks like an old house so it may not be dirty necessarily

DasKuend
Jun 19, 2014

Supreme Rear Admiral of Star Citizen
spacetoaster im in deep sorrow having to tell you that from that moment onward you are REQUIRED to post directly before or behind Eonwe in every single instance he is making a post in this and all following Star Citizen related threads on SA.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yea

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

spacetoaster posted:

She would probably be banned when she decided to start posting shortly after you were banned and decided for some reason that everything she had to say was the same stuff that got you banned in the first place.

Anyways I'm glad that this thread means that lowtax doesn't need to hesitate when ordering guac today.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

The floor probably could do with a cleaning but it also looks like an old house so it may not be dirty necessarily

The key-locks on the doors give it away, it's an old place.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

yea

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Bold girl, walking around barefoot on floor that looks like a squat. That is one gross looking place. Maybe she's not allowed shoes because of a previous escape attempt.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

ShredsYouSay posted:

Hopefully it will return shortly and balance to the galaxy will be restored once again.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Not necessarily. When I moved out to New England a whole lot of 1960's and newer redesigns have those exact doors. Lots of people keep the doors because they give a property charm. Hell I know people who buy those doors for new houses.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised when Seraph's girlfriend ends up looking like a 14 year old girl.

Kind of sad that I missed the live reel of that bit of fun.

So when is this social module releasing again? I've been balls deep in MGSV and Destiny and can't bring myself to visit the RSI website.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ShredsYouSay posted:

I got it.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
YaY - spaceships
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWteWul9cBE

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 27 minutes!

Lol. Of course she would ask for butts.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
If it were up to me I would ban everyone who refers to themselves unrionically as an "alpha."

Or anyone else.

Or beta.

I hope that was seraph pretending to be his own girlfriend or else that is some crazy rear end stockholm syndrome going on.

LaOtraTia posted:

I'm sorry if your boyfriend is a beta who doesn't buy you nice things. Life can be so cruel.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Is this a Warhammer spinoff or does everything GW make just look the same? For some reason fantasy middleages in space just isn't for me.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Hopper posted:

Is this a Warhammer spinoff or does everything GW make just look the same? For some reason fantasy middleages in space just isn't for me.

Yeah it was a tabletop game that was pretty fun but got discontinued in the early 2000's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenLight
Apr 5, 2014

Can I keep his head for a souvenir ?

Hopper posted:

the lore in this is part of the warhammer tabletop stuff GW has in miniatures and in Books.

Looks worth a try at least ... even though i never played that part in miniatures.

• Locked thread