Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

KungFu Grip posted:

Bray Wyatt hasn't even been shown in a reveal either. Steven Regal was confirmed in the game already.
Sasha, Wyatt, Baron Corbin and the Realest Guys make 5 locks. I'd expect another NXT DLC at some point with B&M, Bull, Dempsey, maybe Mojo? His finisher's already in. I imagine they might put Samoa Joe in as the crown jewel, so to speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
When was the cutoff point? The roster's usually outdated by the time anything is released, so you might not see Joe in there.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

When was the cutoff point? The roster's usually outdated by the time anything is released, so you might not see Joe in there.

WrestleMania used to be the cutoff, but I've heard it's later now.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

I Before E posted:

I would have thought you'd make a Jimmy John's Brock Lesnar joke.

Don't... don't mention Jimmy Johns around me. I'm still pissed they pulled something I did off RedBubble because it was parody of their logo. :colbert:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I like their sandwiches.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Muddy Burphy posted:

I like their sandwiches.

I enjoy their arcane non-compete clauses for minimum wage employees.

Anyway, I hope Scott Hall is in for his match against Austin at X8, but I feel like they would have announced him by now.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
So in the Stone Cold showcase we are going to play the end of the Royal Rumble 2001 with the roster thats been announced.
Haku, Rock, Billy Gunn, Kane, Rikishi, Undertaker etc

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

MisterGBH posted:

So in the Stone Cold showcase we are going to play the end of the Royal Rumble 2001 with the roster thats been announced.
Haku, Rock, Billy Gunn, Kane, Rikishi, Undertaker etc

Sure seems like it. Even better, we have all the necessary people for this match:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Your_House_13:_Final_Four

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Muddy Burphy posted:

I like their sandwiches.

I enjoy their beasts, myself.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Skunkrocker posted:

Don't... don't mention Jimmy Johns around me. I'm still pissed they pulled something I did off RedBubble because it was parody of their logo. :colbert:

Open a sub shop right next door to them and call it James Johnathan's. That'll show them.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Open a sub shop right next door to them and call it James Johnathan's. That'll show them.

Please do this

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

:thumbsup:

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

What are the chances of Jushin Liger, Rhyno and Samoa Joe being in 2K16 or as DLC? In fact is Liger harder to licence because he's someone elses creation?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

MisterGBH posted:

What are the chances of Jushin Liger, Rhyno and Samoa Joe being in 2K16 or as DLC? In fact is Liger harder to licence because he's someone elses creation?

I'd say Liger has almost no chance because of how late that deal came together plus any potential licensing issues.

Rhyno and Joe are longshots, but vaguely possible I guess.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Metapod posted:

Please do this

I will! Cosign on a loan with me.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Do you think wwe games are going to be like street fighter/mortal kombat in terms of regulars always being A feature?

The Rock and Austin are like scorpion and sub zero.

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:

simosimo posted:

Do you think wwe games are going to be like street fighter/mortal kombat in terms of regulars always being A feature?

The Rock and Austin are like scorpion and sub zero.

Sure, there was that time Johnny Cage's racist sex tape got out and they took him out of the next game.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

ExMortis posted:

Sure, there was that time Johnny Cage's racist sex tape got out and they took him out of the next game.

Wait, does that make Cassie Cage Brooke? :gonk:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

Wait, does that make Cassie Cage Brooke? :gonk:

Better question, does that make Jax Mr. T?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is the most random roster since here comes the pain

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

minoru suzuki posted:

this is the most random roster since here comes the pain

No? It's all the guys they'd need to highlight important Steve Austin matches, plus the modern roster guys.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I say it's random

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Lady Naga posted:

No? It's all the guys they'd need to highlight important Steve Austin matches, plus the modern roster guys.

+ stuff left over from 2k15

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
So like; I guess it's random if you're just looking at a timeline perspective? It's logical if you think about it for a second though.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

+ stuff left over from 2k15

I would rather have them than not.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Who needs Al Snow when you can make the Terminator tap out to a Scorpion Crosslock?

Also with 100 CAW slots I don't really see how a patchy roster is an issue, seems like a lot of people prefer CAW versions of people who ship with the base game!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Honestly the roster is pretty much perfect. They have practically every one in the game that is on the roster.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

It's hard to not call Game With Terminator On Roster random, to be fair to him

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

If Haku doesn't have the Tongan Death Grip, then the game is a failure.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Davros1 posted:

If Haku doesn't have the Tongan Death Grip, then the game is a failure.
If he doesn't just use Kanes Claw Hold submission as a replacement.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The death grip was in the last game. Now, this is a WWE game, and things being in a previous game are no guarantee they'll be in this one, but that of all things should stay in.

edit: the only problem with it, as I recall, is they actually count it as a pin. Nope, I don't know why either.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

According to Wikipedia it counted as both a submission and a pin irl! Maybe Yukes put that in there.

It might also be a relic from like 2k13, when most of the submissions weren't actually submissions. You had to pin a guy after delivering the mandible claw.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yesssssssss. Just got my first woman fighter in the UFC game! Now I can actually do the challenge!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey so how sophisticated did 2k15 modding on pc get, did they get to adding titantrons and music for CAWs and poo poo so you can fake having like full new japan and roh shows in universe mode? basically if i have a ps4 and a good pc, is the pc modding good enough that I shouldn't get 2k16 on ps4? Understanding that the PC version will probably be way cheaper with all the dlc

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
They can mod in characters and video/songs, though the process for adding characters seems stupidly hard since the third party tool available isn't very user friendly.

I think people have also modded in custom arenas.

I really like gameplay and Universe mode in 2k15 over 2k14 (characters keep disappearing in 14's Universe mode and the gameplay is too fast), but the roster and match types are so limited.

1st AD fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 12, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

epitasis posted:

hey so how sophisticated did 2k15 modding on pc get, did they get to adding titantrons and music for CAWs and poo poo so you can fake having like full new japan and roh shows in universe mode? basically if i have a ps4 and a good pc, is the pc modding good enough that I shouldn't get 2k16 on ps4? Understanding that the PC version will probably be way cheaper with all the dlc

Nothing in the game currently can be added, only replaced. The only thing that currently can be added is additional wrestlers but it's a headache and a half because you need to directly edit hex to fool the game into thinking its a DLC character.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok thanks for your responses. I think they bumped CAWs up to 100 right so adding characters is like the smallest concern of those, really. if I can't add music and titantrons may as well get it on ps4

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Nothing in the game currently can be added, only replaced. The only thing that currently can be added is additional wrestlers but it's a headache and a half because you need to directly edit hex to fool the game into thinking its a DLC character.

However, it IS possible, so that's cool.

It's a slow process, I figured it would be faster than it actually is and I admit I was incorrect, but the progress is there, and every day something new is learned about the coding of the game. Tons of mods are being made already and many of them are REALLY cool.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

epitasis posted:

ok thanks for your responses. I think they bumped CAWs up to 100 right so adding characters is like the smallest concern of those, really. if I can't add music and titantrons may as well get it on ps4

Like; you can replace Titantrons that are already in the game, and by extension add music to them, it just means that one other Titantron isn't usable (like one of Randy Orton's three that are exactly the same.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Will 2k16 include custom music at least again, or is it just a bunch of CAWs who all have to share the default music selection?