Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

bowmore posted:

use that logic brain of yours

why would i counter claim someone

as scum

Let me reread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

If lumpen didn't promise to be civil (a promise he is maintaining) I'd vote him.
you know that it is just a mask though

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

Cassius Keane posted:

I like you a lot, Bowmore, you're a fun player and I enjoy playing with you and chatting with you in the discussion thread. But I think you're scum. :(

Gentleman Dhaes, Esq posted:

Cassius comfirmed scum. IT WASN"T REALLY INDIGESTION ALL ALONG
_____________________________________/

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

bowmore posted:

you know that it is just a mask though

Civility is behavior based. A mask can be fine.

I'm still reading.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Gentleman Dhaes Esq posted:

I eat poop and smell my own butt.

Dhaes in the mason chat everybody.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sorry I got distracted.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I claimed very specifically, with Eavesdropper. Bowmore first says something else,then changed his story, finally claims he has the same exact word in his PM but still supposedly doubts my claim, which does not make sense. So I guess the only possible conclusion is to think I have deployed a Mod-provided fakeclaim, because I could not possibly just come up with Eavesdropper by chance, and he claims the same.

What Mod would ever provide such a fakeclaim? The point of fakeclaims is that they are SAFE.

And suppose it were a Mod-supplied fakeclaim... Why would I, as Scum, calll a Thunderdome rather than rolling with the "multiple Tracker hypothesis"?

Believing bowmore in the way the claim and "counterclaim" actually happened is logically impossible.

The "multiple Tracker hypothesis" is the Scum move in this situation, and if I flip dont even consider it a minute, it does not hold water based on bowmore's specific (shifting) claims about his PM.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm still on Lumpen's side.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:whitewater:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I never changed my story, I added to it because I didn't realise you wanted to flavor name of the role

you did that on purpose to you could twist the vote around to me

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My bet is you are a scum tracker

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Section 31, are you around?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Lumpen

Okay.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

I never changed my story, I added to it because I didn't realise you wanted to flavor name of the role

you knew what I would respond with so baiting me into a "gotcha" is scummy as poo poo

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm sorry, lumpen. :(

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
scum can have an eavesdropper tracker, knowing flavor doesn't mean poo poo. scum wouldn't have any reason to make a counter claim QED stop voting bromore start voting lumpen

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

bowmore posted:

It's all there to read on page 8. I encourage everyone to review and judge for themselves.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

CCKeane posted:

I'm sorry, lumpen. :(
Well, explain your reasoning for the record.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

It's all there to read on page 8. I encourage everyone to review and judge for themselves.
yeah, please go read Lumpen's bait and switch "gotcha" in an attempt to make me look scummy

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Lumpen posted:

Well, explain your reasoning for the record.

One of the big things that was holding me back was that you thunderdomed bowmore. That is a risky move, since you're placing the focus on you and bowmore. But then I read you again, and you mention that thunderdomes never go to completion a lot.

I think you were trying to pull a gambit, put a focus on you and bowmore as town would, and then escape once the town loses interest., while retaining some townie cred.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Lumpen, sincerely: I do respect how you have been playing so far and it has been much more pleasant for it. I also know I have been much more inclined to take you seriously and listen to you since you have been more polite. Thank you for holding your end of the bargin on that.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Lumpen, sincerely: I do respect how you have been playing so far and it has been much more pleasant for it. I also know I have been much more inclined to take you seriously and listen to you since you have been more polite. Thank you for holding your end of the bargin on that.
I agree

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

bowmore posted:

Whatever, gently caress this game, if what your saying is true and you are a town tracker we are going to lose two town trackers day 1 & 2

peace out
So... What is your theory again? Been talking it over in the ScumDoc?

There was a gotcha, because you were caught in the illogic of your lying. II can see you're trying hard now and good for you, but I think in the end people will not be fooled by you at all

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

So... What is your theory again? Been talking it over in the ScumDoc?

There was a gotcha, because you were caught in the illogic of your lying. II can see you're trying hard now and good for you, but I think in the end people will not be fooled by you at all
I never lied, you can go back and have a read if you want

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

CCKeane posted:

Your failure to hold your end disappoints me, I must admit. If you turn out to be Scum, all is forgiven, but if you're Town this is a real betrayal.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

Your failure to hold your end disappoints me, I must admit. If you turn out to be Scum, all is forgiven, but if you're Town this is a real betrayal.
what were you saying about manipulation and posturing?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

CCKeane posted:

One of the big things that was holding me back was that you thunderdomed bowmore. That is a risky move, since you're placing the focus on you and bowmore. But then I read you again, and you mention that thunderdomes never go to completion a lot.

I think you were trying to pull a gambit, put a focus on you and bowmore as town would, and then escape once the town loses interest., while retaining some townie cred.
That theory is not consistent with my posting at all. If you're Town, reconsider please. Honestly though, your temporary vote on bowmore never really seemed convincing, and it was based on a bargain and self-preservation when you were at -2, not Scumhunting.

I think its more likely you are currently showing your true colors now, and it should be noted and remembered.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

bowmore posted:

what were you saying about manipulation and posturing?
Don't gloat too much or prematurely, you absolutely cannot survive my flip. This is not a gullible roster.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Lumpen posted:

That theory is not consistent with my posting at all. If you're Town, reconsider please. Honestly though, your temporary vote on bowmore never really seemed convincing, and it was based on a bargain and self-preservation when you were at -2, not Scumhunting.

I think its more likely you are currently showing your true colors now, and it should be noted and remembered.

You mention never seeing a thunderdome come to completion here:

Lumpen posted:

Hopefully they will be spit upon and thought badly of. There is no "official" validity or game-mechanics enforcement of THUNDERDOME.

Lumpen posted:

It sure would be nice to have the first THUNDERDOME that actually gets carried out to completion. Every one I've tried has gotten declined or derailed :(

Lumpen posted:

GulagDolls, are you around? If you move your vote (to whichever side you judge best) then this can be the very first fully realized Mafia THUNDERDOME (to my knowledge). That'd be pretty darn cool whichever way it goes.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
The Mayfield Daily Ledger, Day 1

Lumpen (5): CCKeane, CapitalistPig, chaoslord, Dhaes, bowmore, bowmore, CapitalistPig, bowmore, chaoslord, CCKeane, CCKeane, Section 31, JakeP, JakeP, CCKeane, CapitalistPig, CCKeane
bowmore (4): Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Lumpen, JakeP, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, Deadbeat Dad, JakeP, Deadbeat Dad, CCKeane, Tremendous Taste, Deadbeat Dad, JakeP, CCKeane
CCKeane (1): Lumpen, GulagDolls, Lumpen, Lumpen, Lumpen, JakeP, CapitalistPig, Section 31, Section 31, JakeP, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, JakeP, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, CapitalistPig, Deadbeat Dad, JakeP
Section 31 (0): CCKeane, CapitalistPig, CCKeane, CapitalistPig
Tremendous Taste (0): Section 31, Lumpen, Section 31, Lumpen
CapitalistPig (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
chaoslord (0): Dhaes, Dhaes, Lumpen, Deadbeat Dad, Lumpen, Deadbeat Dad
JakeP (0): CCKeane, CCKeane
GulagDolls (0): Dhaes, Dhaes
Deadbeat Dad (0): CCKeane, CCKeane, JakeP, JakeP

Not Voting (1): chaoslord

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. Lights out is September 10th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT, partner. That's in about 1 hour, 15 minutes.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

Don't gloat too much or prematurely, you absolutely cannot survive my flip. This is not a gullible roster.
neither can you

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

really

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

what if i told you all this...that this thunderdome was never filed with the official judicial dome of thunder, and is thus...invalid

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

CCKeane posted:

keane...you are a criminal this game

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

CCKeane posted:

You mention never seeing a thunderdome come to completion here:
Yes, but that does not support your premise at all.

In the quotes you posted, I am persistently urging and lobbying for it! If I were Scum and "actually" wanted it ignored, I would have had ample opportunity to do so, just by embracing the trialballoon floating around, going "Oh wow multiple trackers? Eavesdropper you say? Wow what a big misunderstanding lets finish off Keane instead."

Your vote change is not reasonably justified, friend Keane.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

keane...you are a criminal this game

Nope.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Yes, but that does not support your premise at all.

In the quotes you posted, I am persistently urging and lobbying for it! If I were Scum and "actually" wanted it ignored, I would have had ample opportunity to do so, just by embracing the trialballoon floating around, going "Oh wow multiple trackers? Eavesdropper you say? Wow what a big misunderstanding lets finish off Keane instead."

Your vote change is not reasonably justified, friend Keane.

i was writing this post but yeah same

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Section 31 or chaoslord, are either of you around?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
So Gulag if Keane is Scum bowmore must be Scum as well or else why would Keane make a lame excuse to flip, so conveniently timed? If bowmore were Town and Keane Scum why would Keane bother switching?

Please vote bowmore, Gulag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Please vote Lumpen, Gulag.

• Locked thread